• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Ok shoutouts time (even though it wasn't a real tournament)

Ed: I'm glad to see you finally put yourself out there after months of playing underground with me at Tech. I hope you come to a tournament soon
Gunner: lol u suck
Ramsaur: Good job
Okuser: ggs my Ganon is better than you haha
Eman: Gunner,"OMFG STOP ROLLING" keep it up
Hunter: Play more smash man. And stop SDing
David: It was good to meet you. I had fun playing and talking smash with you.

Sudai

Stuff here
The better question is, what the hell does Redson have to do to find a project M tourney around here?

If you have a set-up you can hit me up and I can come chill/play P:M if you're not too far. I'm probably the most willing in BR to drive a little bit to play P:M lol. No one here plays it that much D:

As for tournies there's one at every Tha Shrimp ###. Sadly those happen every 2-3 months and we just had one like a week ago. :[ Apparently more P:M tournies pop up around here between shrimps but I don't pay enough attention to notice. Q_Q

Regardless, glad to see you shwomping in the LA thread again.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Depending on my living situation next semester, we might be able to have regular smashfest tourneys.

Curlz

Smash Lord
@Sudai, would you be willing to make a drive to Laffy for some P:M? I haven't touched it yet and I wanna get a little better at it before I leave for Apex.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
If you have a set-up you can hit me up and I can come chill/play P:M if you're not too far. I'm probably the most willing in BR to drive a little bit to play P:M lol. No one here plays it that much D:

As for tournies there's one at every Tha Shrimp ###. Sadly those happen every 2-3 months and we just had one like a week ago. :[ Apparently more P:M tournies pop up around here between shrimps but I don't pay enough attention to notice. Q_Q

Regardless, glad to see you shwomping in the LA thread again.

Suds, do you forget that I happen to live in the Baton Rouge area?

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I'm back, I've been doing some anonymous training on WiFi and such. I'm still going to use MK because I'm a tier ***. Bell is ringing on me son, the top players are taking me to school to educate me and at home I study the matchups. This WiFi Warrior is going to be the next Salem.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
You guys are talking about tournaments and such and I'm just like : "Connecting to Wi-Fi".

Bomber7

Smash Hero
In case you guys weren't aware, there's that charity event in Prairieville on December 7th. It'll be hosting Brawl and PM. For those who can't make it to BRM on that day, I'd suggest going to that one instead. The link to the thread is on the OP.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
Hey Louisiana guys whose the closest smash melee players closest to Clinton, MS? Im off for thanksgiving and want to practice my matchups. Im a peach main and can play marth, sheik, fox, falco, falcon, jiggs and some low tiers. Im trying to train specifically my peach and can offer yall my others as practice for yalls matchups. Let me know :D. MELEE ONLY LOL

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
New Orleans and Baton Rouge are going to be the same travel time, just about. BR is where melee is though.

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
So the dude who had to go inactive because he couldn't play and pass high school is back a week later. I thought you were gonna be gone for the rest of the year or something, you left notes for everybody and everything lol

Sudai

Stuff here
If you just want multiple really good players, BR is the way to go. Two of the best in BR live together and I don't want to put words in their mouths, but generally if you give decent notice they're down to let people come chill and play a lot of Melee. One semi-frequents the thread so I'll let him talk on that. On top of all that goodness, its close enough to the other BR players that your might get a good few more there and experience against more plays styles is always awesome.

If you want someone to tutor your Peach NOLA is probably your better choice since Pritch lives there and most likely has the most Peach knowledge/ability to teach peach out of any one else in the state that would be willing to put in good time playing. We do have some people getting a pretty nasty Peach secondary in BR too though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
NOLA has melee players, but for some reason they just don't come out of their caves as much like the BR players do.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
You know, whatever life crisis I'll go though (and I'm going though a big one right now), smash is always there for me. If I'm sad, I can pick up a video game (smash) to cheer me up. If I'm angry I can beat up a CPU and Dair spike them with Ganon instead of punching something. Whatever bad thing is happening I can count on smash to be there for me. And I hope you guys can say the same.

Pritch

Smash Lord
<-- Nola player who routinely leaves his cave and tries to fit as many people in his car as possible whenever he does.

The Tusk

Smash Cadet
Hey yall, lookin for some melee in Nola. i used to play occasional tourneys in lafayette, went to one in BR. doesn't have to be tourney 'cos i know those mainly happen in BR but I need to play more. i used to play with Ken (aka ISBS, plays marth), Nick, and some others in Lafayette, my hometown. holler at me, i'm a falco/ganon/marth player. and mario/falcon/g&w when **** gets silly

Pritch

Smash Lord
You living here now or just visiting? Either way pm me a phone number or something and we can try to make things happen. My schedule is a little weird atm because this is training week for my new job, but I can see about fitting something in during my downtime.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
<-- Nola player who routinely leaves his cave and tries to fit as many people in his car as possible whenever he does.
Next August DF and I (two of the peeps from North Louisiana) are going to hopefully start hosting tournaments. What is the chance NOLA and BR come out for it

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Too late for this year I think, but I think Apex 2015, LA should have a fleet of vehicles or ball out and fly. N64, melee, brawl, Pm, and smash 4 players should all hang and bask in our Louisiana Pride. #Apex2015

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
So if we are in caves and making a connection system, does that make us underground? :awesome:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'd rather fly, but road trips are still pretty cool/fun.

It would be nice if we as a community could make a goal to go to APEX 2015 and enter our respective games. Though we all know that's a far way away from now and anything could happen that would prevent that goal from being achieved. :(

Still worth shooting for though. :)

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Sorry Louisiana but a terrible thing has happened today that will effect the entire adult world. Today or a few days ago they killed Brian Griffin off of Family Guy ;-;

Top Bottom