• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about it too. I'm thinking about how I'll be at home watching the stream, wishing I could be there to shock the world with my pro Link in Smash 64.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'll probably be watching a stream too. I need to get all of this travelling stuff down so I can do something lol.

Definite maybe for the apex after 2013. Here's hoping it happens.

ChKn

Smash Ace
BSP you should go if you're in CT by the time Apex rolls around. Pending on what time you leave, it'll take you like 2-3 hours (give or take with Bronx traffic and toll booths) to get there.

BSP

Smash Legend
That's assuming I have a car :awesome:

But now that you mention it, maybe I could bus...I'll have to look into it.

#shortnotice

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
freddy and i and i believe jake (also known as jake double "oh" seven) and perhabs brandon have all at some point mentioned having an interest in going. if everything could be planned and financed reasonably before hand i would like to go.

also who is everyone's opinion of the best shine spiker in the world? i really dont know i want to hear others' opninionioonoininon.

D

Deleted member

no one that posts here plays melee except me and i live with you. we all just call each other lol

D

Deleted member

as far as my understanding goes, brawl is decent. none others are played.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
It's basically me (64 and Melee), Gunner (Brawl), and Wiggins (Melee). I know a few other people, like Okuser is actually over in Ruston, and there's a guy or two at LSUS. Wiggins is playing a lot of Tekken right now too.

There are a few more players, mostly Melee that I know of, located near Alexandria and down towards Lafayette.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I actually forgot to mention ninjapenguin, who plays Brawl, but that is because I haven't met him yet. :(

Wiggins has been over to Texas and Arkansas (though not for Smash to my knowledge). Ninjapenguin, Gunner, and Okuser went over to Texas recently for Brawl.

EDIT: Project M is played semi-competitively? The Marksville monthly has PM, and some people play it here or there. Probably gets more exposure in south LA, like most of Smash does.

D

Deleted member

did we ever figure out of shaslam was a real person or an alternate acc of curls?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
do yall want me to start a thread to talk about the tx/lou circuit or honestly am i wasting my time trying to organize this? there is a severe lack of hype/talk about setting this up and it's either because the idea is in a social thread or it's because no one else actually gives a ****. if yall do actually want to take the time and effort to start setting this up now well before february, have jnig or someone we all know out here pm me louisianna's ideas and **** for the circuit.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
and yet i live in a region with a player he never could and never did beat in bracket 0.0 when ur getting camped by salty losers bracket just got planked gnes ***** to me then. until then, guys, circuit? y or n?

Sudai

Stuff here
Just MSG the smashcon guy or Bomber about it. I'm pretty sure he was looking at setting up a circuit and they'd be the ones you want to boop bop with.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I think he was saying that someone in TX can beat gnes and so gnes was planking hard and was scared after getting sent into losers bracket.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No I think he means "when you're getting camped by salty people who just lost to gnes's planking, then you can botch at him"

But this is actually harder than Adam's censored posts.

:phone:

Sudai

Stuff here
Nah, he's saying Gnes is salty because he's in loser's bracket and just got planked and is camping you. Once you've experienced that you can ***** to Maharba.

Is it really that hard to understand? I got it in one reading.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
@Maharba- Yes we would like to chat about bringing LA,MS ,and TX circuits together someday.

I actually like your way of rewarding points mich more then our current one. We should get Sync,Bomber,You and myself in a chat and see if this could work out. I know Sync said he'd love to work with us when I was housing him before the last smashcon.
-Erick

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nah, he's saying Gnes is salty because he's in loser's bracket and just got planked and is camping you. Once you've experienced that you can ***** to Maharba.

Is it really that hard to understand? I got it in one reading.
I see it now. Thanks bb :woman:

Top Bottom