• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm not moving the date. If everyone rescheduled their tournaments when another one was set on the same date, we'd never get anything done.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I'm not moving the date. If everyone rescheduled their tournaments when another one was set on the same date, we'd never get anything done.
But we already have TX players saying that they will come from out of state. If we always host our tourney's when their tourney's are, we'll never get to play them.

BSP

Smash Legend
I had my tournament up way in advance of the Hobo. I don't feel very obligated to move it.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I had my tournament up way in advance of the Hobo. I don't feel very obligated to move it.
I understand that and would feel the same way, but it would be better for both our communities if we had both tourneys on different days. But it's not in my hands. More diplomacy should be involved next time, I think.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
You can't help that they decided to hold a tourney on a day you already had a tourney scheduled for. And although OoS players coming is important, you also have to keep in mind that not everyone will be able to go out to HOBO and some who took off for work or had a free weekend may not be able to to just take off the next weekend or whenever the date is changed to. If it were a national/regional or something, then I could understand.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Good points all, I am just saying that if we want to get better as a smash community we need to play more out of state people. Our TO's and their TO's need to talk about date planning so that this won't happen again.

'V'

Smash Lord
I say if people wanna go to HOBO, then they should go to HOBO. We already made the date for BRM, so let's stick to it. There will always be more HOBO's in the future.

I will be going to Roni's upcoming tourney and I will also be going to BRM#3. I'll have a full setup for both.

I haven't practiced in quite some time. Does anyone wanna play sometime this week? =]

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I say if people wanna go to HOBO, then they should go to HOBO. We already made the date for BRM, so let's stick to it. There will always be more HOBO's in the future.

I will be going to Roni's upcoming tourney and I will also be going to BRM#3. I'll have a full setup for both.

I haven't practiced in quite some time. Does anyone wanna play sometime this week? =]
Come to Gunner's and my place :)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
With BRM3 coming up, I have a few feelings to let out: We really need to step it up, and soon.

The last two tournaments, we've averaged 9 people, and TWO setups? That's unacceptable. Does no one own a Wii anymore? Can no one save up $30 or so and get a decent/old CRT? Should I just buy TV's from those who don't bring them so I can? And you still think people will want to show up to our tourneys?

Everyone keeps talking about how it's the "same old results" BS, yet nothing is being done about it. Yeah, people are showing improvements, but there's one thing lacking among the new folk: fundamentals, the very core essentials of what separates good and great players. People camp for the sake of camping, not because the MU calls for it. People keep making the same approaches, changing one little thing each time, expecting it to work, when not every character calls for the same tactics. You have to not only understand what your character is capable of, but what EVERY character is capable of. In every situation, you can't just look for what you have to do next, but what your opponent is going to do. I see that not many of you understand that when I play you, I don't know if it's because I appear "unpredictable" (even though some of you play me often), or if you aren't calculating what I'm looking to do.

I'm sick and tired of seeing people post complaints, not do anything about it, or make excuses. It's why I rarely post anymore. If anyone wants to have real-talk with me, I'll be on Skype, no need to get my posts lost in social talk, like this one will.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Excuse. Bring towels then, check the weather beforehand. It's not like I had to drive through huge rainstorms the last 2 times I drove to BR, and I brought my usually full setup, power strips, and extra TV.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm on wifi a lot more as of late

Trust me, I won't be dropping any more games to ANYONE ranked under me. Believe it!

Jnig said:
fundamentals, the very core essentials of what separates good and great players.
This is why I have basically stopped counterpicking. I really believe it's going to hurt you in the long run, because the more stage interaction you have, whether it's timeouts/hazards/etc., you're detracting your focus from the fundamentals IMO. Yeah, you win the set, but you gotta look at the long run.

Also, I would have had my wii for the last tournament, but I was in a rush because I thought I was going to make you guys late. I'll ask for reminders from now so that doesn't happen again.

Edit: don't expect to see me at smashfests though. I'm on scholarship hunts and track season is kicking into full gear. If you guys have wifi, I recommend the AiB ladder. Even lag is a *****, you can still get solid practice and experience from it.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps talking about how it's the "same old results" BS, yet nothing is being done about it. Yeah, people are showing improvements, but there's one thing lacking among the new folk: fundamentals, the very core essentials of what separates good and great players. People camp for the sake of camping, not because the MU calls for it. People keep making the same approaches, changing one little thing each time, expecting it to work, when not every character calls for the same tactics. You have to not only understand what your character is capable of, but what EVERY character is capable of. In every situation, you can't just look for what you have to do next, but what your opponent is going to do. I see that not many of you understand that when I play you, I don't know if it's because I appear "unpredictable" (even though some of you play me often), or if you aren't calculating what I'm looking to do.
Its cause yall dont wifi enough lol

Okuser

Smash Ace
With BRM3 coming up, I have a few feelings to let out: We really need to step it up, and soon.

The last two tournaments, we've averaged 9 people, and TWO setups? That's unacceptable. Does no one own a Wii anymore? Can no one save up $30 or so and get a decent/old CRT? Should I just buy TV's from those who don't bring them so I can? And you still think people will want to show up to our tourneys?

I'm sick and tired of seeing people post complaints, not do anything about it, or make excuses. It's why I rarely post anymore. If anyone wants to have real-talk with me, I'll be on Skype, no need to get my posts lost in social talk, like this one will.
teach me!!!

'V'

Smash Lord
Yes Vaughn, come play with us...I'd love to learn some peach stuff.
Awesome. I'll definitely have to come at some point. Are you guys free during the day Thursday/tomorrow?

And everything JNig says is right. I brought my CRT during the last BRM while it was already raining and had no towel. I would like to get better, but I have so many other engagements that require my attention, but I learning still, just not all at once. It's how I've been improving. Peach is still a relatively new character to me, but she's fun as hell. I've been doing way better with her too.

Sudai

Stuff here
Vaughn is a grown *** man with real life obligations and **** so he barely gets to practice, and he's better than most of the tryhards in this state. wat

Real **** though, what's up with tourney attendance? Are we back to the point where there's too many tourneys again?

I'm down for smash at Gunner's Thursday afternoon if we want to make this a thing. lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Vaughn is a grown *** man with real life obligations and **** so he barely gets to practice, and he's better than most of the tryhards in this state. wat

Real **** though, what's up with tourney attendance? Are we back to the point where there's too many tourneys again?
^ +9000 this

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Vaughn's like an ANBU though.
The tryhards are borderline Chuunin
The top of the PR is like Jonin/Sannin
And those who don't care are just Rogue...

As for the set-ups thing JNig brought up. I don't own a Wii or Brawl anymore, yes I do reiterate to bring setups every single time we've had a tourney. The same ones usually show up without a set-up and then complain about the tourney later as if they actually contributed anything to it besides attendance.

As for the same top 3 thing, I don't care so much and I don't complain. I've been playing with the same skillset since I've picked up Diddy, not much has changed in what I do because I haven't cared so much to change it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Number one thing holding most people back in this state imo, (not saying this specificall about your NiTEZ you just bring it up): It's not about what you do, it's about when you do it.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

Excuse. Bring towels then, check the weather beforehand. It's not like I had to drive through huge rainstorms the last 2 times I drove to BR, and I brought my usually full setup, power strips, and extra TV.
Mah dawg goin in. Hey Justin if you see this I'm off from work tomorrow and we should go to Gunner's. Holla at me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
when i get real like jnig in the alabama thread everyone just gets pissed at me or makes more excuses and says that im being ridiculous.

is it cuz im not black?

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Awesome. I'll definitely have to come at some point. Are you guys free during the day Thursday/tomorrow?

And everything JNig says is right. I brought my CRT during the last BRM while it was already raining and had no towel. I would like to get better, but I have so many other engagements that require my attention, but I learning still, just not all at once. It's how I've been improving. Peach is still a relatively new character to me, but she's fun as hell. I've been doing way better with her too.
Yes, Yes. Everyone come! And I couldn't make it to the last few tourney's because i've been A) hurting for money or B) girlfriend duties. I'll come to the next few, I swear.

Tonight or thursday would be fine for us. It seems like tomorrow would be best for Sudai/Curlz. We can get Byron and Li-Di and .D over here too prolly... I heard .D was with Hyro last week so maybe we can get him too. And Curlz, before you ask, we aren't going to havr a small tourney. We have another tv, we just need another wii and brawl over here.

teach me!!!

Top Bottom