• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Jujuu

Smash Rookie
im scared of ram. he is a pain in the rear. but ill ask ricky and ray if they wanna come to FL. if they go ill come

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
dang.... i thought shyguy would multi post.... but wu goes nuts on this ***** =]

the tourney in fl right now is august 11th.... but we are changing the date to the next saturday so ram can come. he is best man in cousins wedding.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
tourney is 18th in FL now
yes I know pritch jon Y?
So who all is coming to the tourney?
Cyphus said he would figure out his and lee's situation on coming after FC. He said maybe him taylor and eet and lee

also the date and location has changed for our tourney. so it was the 11th now it is the 18th at 11am. no more all night tourney..... F play n trade store credit last minute bull ****. Well hope to see all you guys there.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
dude, nicknyte could win fc:d. Like hed go up against mew2king or sumtihng and be like forward smash, nytespike bam @!@#!?............

im like not even jokin about this nicknyte is the pwnsauce(?)

Sudai

Stuff here
Manko, like, I was going to go but now that the date has changes I have to reconfirm it with my mom because it's kinda close to school and stuff..I hope I can still go.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
thats john not manko but w/e
i just got back from dibbs and im super tired. ***** jon 2 and 3 stock every time. he said he was rly tired but his game was garbage. i dont care how tired you are dont play that bad jeez.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
OMG FINAL DATE CHANGE FOR OUR TOURNAMENT!!!!!

AUGUST 4TH Saturday signups at 11 starts at 12

we changed it from the 11th to the 18th because of RAM is best man in a wedding....

then we changed it from the 18th to the 4th because of gigabits and georgia's GPC being able to make the 4th better. So I hope this is ok with LA. sorry sudai about all this I know itll look bad to your mom with the sudden date changes but this is it final one. =]

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
bake monkey and neo link.

oh yeah jon only beat me 1 match falco vs marth out of atleast 15+
and he beat rice lol.... guess im like #3 in fls power rankings.
for no reason.

and jon was talking crap about lee. saying he pwns him and ****. he says he wants a money match, but check this, he only brought 150$. 75 for fc, 15-20 for hotels, 50 for gas, he's got no money. he wanted mms with me and lee. i would totally take his money but like... i would have to buy his gas then. so theres no point.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm writing this here for my own future reference.
i have MMs.
5 with Eggz. 5 with Gimpyfish. a $5 wrestling match with UltimateChampion....uh..possible $5 Merci-Match with Chillindude. $20 w/ menthol(but he won't be at fcd, i beleve)
ugh..and 2 other $5 mms i can't rmember!

Cyphus, you might want to consider a hotel at Kokomo, about 2 hours south of the venue. It would cut your trip down a bit, and there aren't really any hotels south of the church, so you'd be going north of the church to sleep that night. Just a thought.

Other than that, there's a Motel 6 in South Bend. Just go to their website and search for it, it should be on Business 31 or something like that.

but yea, i'm sure you're overlyjoyed about beating john...but just don't get a big head. We'll see how we all do come the night of the 10th ~_~
truth be told, me and lee haven't really been playing much. Maybe 8 hours total the past 2 weeks. I don't even know if its wise to play only 1 person much longer than that anyway, cuz i don't wanna make habits in my game. But yea...can't wait til tomorrow....

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
menthol will be at our tournament =] you could do it here.

also that seems a little bold to be talking about a state you havn't much played... o well those are just your opinions so you are entitled to them. =]

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
pro with the amount of mm taylor and cyphus and i hope u guys do good at FC

rice

Smash Journeyman
lol, taylor, i doubt you could beat anyone on the top 10 in florida.
and saying john wu could beat me, must be hella impressive, cause he beat me after my 8 months of playing. and i didn'teven become 9th til 6-7 months later. And the funny thing is, im prolly not even on top 10 in florida anymore. Please, stop acting like you're high and mighty cause you can beat john wu.

and if you were joking, thats not cool.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
'course he was joking about the FL powerrankings comment...
but whats so hard to believe he can't beat top FL players?
yea..i'm sure you've improved a bunch rice, as well as all FL,...but haven't we all??

SmashMac got 9th at LTEC (he's prolly not even top 20)...he took out queen (isn't he top 10?) and i know i'm just as good as smashmac. Truth be told, taylor has improved alot...specifically when he stopped trying to play every character, and put his focus into more realistic mains. Yea..he did pretty bad at INNV...but you didn't really do much better than the rest of us 3, and taylor has caught up to us now, i think.

just..wierd examples aside...FL has a buncha good players, but LA can take them down. Not saying we're better...not saying its even likely...but as a general rule...the better you get- the harder it is to improve...and its alot easier to play catch-up and get random wins, when everyone is playing at a competitive level.

rice

Smash Journeyman
im not saying anythign about LA not being able to compete with FL, but with those rash comments about where he should be placed, just cause how he does compared to johnwu is not even reasonable. And when i say i doubt that he can beat any of the top 10, im just putting my faith in how good they are, and not saying anything bad towards him. But him saying he can easily be top 3 is just a big insult. People worked hard to get there, and for him just to belittle 4-10th places is just ridiculous. im not really really trying to start an argument, but saying random things about others is just ********.

you said "lol" after johnwu could beat rice ....not after "Guess im like #3 on FL rankings"

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
this is a true statement from rice.... be-littleing people's hard work is very wrong to do. O well people are harsh but it should be controlled and put into a private enviroment not a public message forum anyone can see.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
cyphus and everyone else in this board knew i was just kidding. especially since i said lol after words. but w/e
i think i can realistically compete with any fl player though but i was just kidding about the power rankings and im not even going to say i can beat any / all of them.

Sudai

Stuff here
That's the kind of person Taylor is. You can't take everything he says as being completely serious because he just likes to talk and mix things up. He gets pretty cocky about stuffs, but he does **** around BR so you can't really blame him...or at least I won't. Just loosen up a bit?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually the whole thing i was implying was that being on a powerranking is just a number...they can still be taken out by people who aren't even ranked.

and ALSO that i can beat you too, <3 j/k

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol, Taylor's not even 3rd in LA so there's no way he's anywhere near 3rd in FL.

You guys should have known it was a joke.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
lol manko. theres no official power rankings for la but if there was i'd be atleast 3rd. cyphus wont pick doc against me he knows he cant win. he has to use ice, (not that they arent good or something) and i made some bad choices and got stuck falco vs them and got ***** last tournament. and made too many mistakes vs them with marth, but im not going to lose next time. and lee's next. i hope youve gotten better manko because... yeah.

and yes that was still a joke but that was insulting. i think i can totally beat most of fl but im not going to say im better than them or anything. in the words of john, no one wins every match.

like la vs the panhandler crew match would be a slaughter.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
The word "raspberry" is spelled with a "p"!
(I'm pretty sure the exclamation point goes outside of the quotations in this sentence. However, I'm not a hundred percent sure. Is anyone familiar with english grammar rules?)

On a side note, can anyone suggest any good/new tech training techniques? I'm desperately in need of improvement when it comes to teching, especially L-Canceling.

Sudai

Stuff here
Do you mean actually teching or do you mean practicing Advanced Techniques?

If you need edge teching...Training mode > Motion Sensor Bomb > Drop it on the edge > Hop off > UP-B > Wall-tech-jump > Airdodge onto stage.

Top Bottom