• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing that you're the same guy that was playing Marth at the gameware tournament quite awhile ago. If I remember you had long hair.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
i did have very long hair at one point. it was about shoulder length before i clipped it.
so, yes. i believe your memory was correct

hey mary, when do you want to play.
(also, i know we went to school together, but... did i know you?)

sudai, eet, i won't be able to play tomorrow due to leaving town for... *shifts eyes*... certain reasons. i should be back and able to play monday-ish (and the following days).

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i sent ken a facebook message so if hes serious about the game he'll play with me and be better than all of you in like 2 weeks. like kyle did. like eric did. like tim did. but yeah this game isnt about being awesome its about having fun i guess. but obviously a half asian marth player will be pro in no time.

freddy's mom is a man
and he quit smash today so she will remain one forever.

Mary

Smash Rookie
ill play you when i get back from the philippines. you were my senior, i dont remember you, but i know a ken alleman went to lsmsa.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I'm going to Mississippi with my dad this weekend and need to meet him in Metairie early tommorow, so it'd be really cool if I could get in some smash before I leave tonight.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
k...Dibbz tomorrow.

me and lee should get there 'round 11pm-ish.

they're staying open til like 5am...so w/e...everyone should come.

catobates

Smash Cadet
Anyways, yea, I'd love to go :D Of course, I'd need a ride. If anyone would be happy to stop over in Lockport, that'd be great :D I would be ever so happy, and will be in contact with someone about it :D By the way, if Lee hasn't told everyone, he completely slaughtered me, but it was soooo fun :D I'm happy there is such a level of game.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
theres going to be like 100 people there... sigh. the only lame part is waiting to play but i'll still go if eric does. im going to the mall during the day though. maxx unlimited is mine

can someone please link me to the page on FC?
im debating going or w/e but i looked for like 15 mins and couldnt find it.

Sudai

Stuff here
I need to stop doing **** on Friday Nights so I'm not tired on Saturday and go to DIBBz...

I'll go next weekend if you guys have it again.

In other news, Sudai is $40 richer due to poker.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
maybe im ******** but i looked on that link and the meleefc website and it looks like its a set fee for food, all tourneys, and other stuff, but i didnt see how much it was. whos all going to this for sure and does anyone know the price?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so, someone call me sometime this week, anyday, anytime after 4. I really wanna play, and I really wanna drink. I've been playing some massive Fable and KOTOR, but now I'm ready for some Melee. So if you don't have my number, call someone that does, then give me a call, cuz I'm ready to ****. Oh, and I'm super drunk, so it took me a while to write this.
BTW, ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone. (wtf)

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
ding dong ding dong ding dong ding, banana phoooone
it grows in bunches
ive got my hunches.

me vaughn and a guy named david made a step mania chart to that song a long time ago. it was so freaking hard omg.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
so ya i pretty much hate smash...... it was good seeing everyone though...... maybe ill start playing brawl when it comes out and play it the right way and have fun.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i know it was fun, melee is just a stupid game thats suppose to be fun when played right but when played wrong, it has negative effects and is no better than anything else that can produce harmfull consequences. I can garuntee u that all the best players play the right way and have played that way from the begining. I mean i may want to be the best at sumtihng just like anything else but once it losses its purpose its just a hollow peice of nuthing with no life

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Actually i do think melee is one of the best games ever made and definetely like the best fighting game of our time. but too much of anything is bad . like say bean burritos were ur favorite food and u ate it every f-ing day. after a while ud be like i dont want any more d@mn burrittos. But i though bean burritos were u favorite food?? well give me sumthing else. I mean im not sayin i dont like burritos anymore but i think ive gotten a little bit to familiar with the bean burrito evrytime i eat i have to find a new way to enjoy it but it mean eventually its just gonna be the same thing and i have to deal with it or move on to nachos or sumtihng else

Sudai

Stuff here
But dude...Bean Burritos are aweasome. I understand what you're saying though if that makes you feel better at all.

So like...Brawl needs to hurry up.

Curse anyone who ever told me to watch Bleach. I'm effing addicted and the only time I do anything other than watch it is when the theme song is playing..this actually took me like, 4 episodes to type because of that and people IMing me... >:(

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
Hey Louisiana, and more importantly Baton Rouge. I am officially home for the summer and i'm lookin to play some smash. I live between College and Perkins and have transportation. someone give me a call one of these days and i'd be glad to hop on over to wherever yall play.

cell: 225-247-1013
AIM: TortugaConQueso

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
shyguy, u ever consider being shy and non-confrontational can be looked at as being an a$$hole, as well?
even though its opposite of your intent, ignoring people who are trying to talk to you, who haven't seen you in forever and at least want you to look them in the eyes...just really comes off as being a ****. I missed you man, and it just felt like you blew me off. but w/e its all cool. just random advice i guess.

Melee is fun when you play with people who you at least have a chance against or are just trying to improve. If you expect yourself to do great but get *****..yea, thats dissapointing but its your fault for setting yourself up for it. Don't make it a goal to win. Make it a goal to improve from losses (no matter why and how you lost) You have to seriously look at what you can change in your game to win. Kyle is great at melee, and has been playing for less than year, because he's smart, observant, and experiments.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i apologize for a few days ago on myspace brandon. as annoying as i may find it sometime, it was out of my place to say such a message, especially on the public board like that. i was having a garbage day and i was channeling my anger. hope you're cool.

btw shyguy you say all the best played that way from the beginning but thats the most untrue thing ever. ask cyphus. i got ***** the frist time i played he and lee. i've just improved and gained more experience. it's not something you are either good at, or you're not. it's more like practice makes perfect. you should also be playing people more close to your level, then as you get better, play the better players. im sure its not good for your moral at all to get 3 and 4 stocked each match by me, eric, and whoever else may have beaten you badly. no hard feelings bro you havent played in a long time. i hope you dont quit and i hope you play us again pretty soon.
peace

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is gonna be even cooler now, because a lot of people (including the rapist) are taking a break, using the excuse "I'm gonna wait for Brawl". That means it's gonna be like seeing an old friend for the first time in years, and that friend is a video game.
Yeah, but Melee is so much cooler when you play people your level. I remember when I didn't really know how to play the game (not saying I do now, but you know), but all my friends in NR didn't know how to, either. Then I came to BR and played you *******s (no offense). Anyways, I'm up for hanging out anytime this week.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'm here to inform you all that if you want a tourney at Gameware soon, I can't run it. I'm just not in the right state of mind right now. I won't be playing Dance Dance Revolution, Pump it Up, In the Groove, or Super Smash Bros. Melee for a long time or at least until I get a certain situation settled. Anyone else can play, but not me right now. I can't do it.

I just wish people can play games the way they want to.. for fun.. like what shyguy said..

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
vaughn, you're ********. read my facebook msg for more information. im taking over to running tournaments and br smash scene. it was my responsibility to begin with i was just slacking off for a while.

eet

Smash Ace
well we can maybe have a smashfest at my house some day this wee, i feel liek playing peach for a bit...but iceman and sage and all the other br ppl can come...although werent we suppose to havbe one at freddys like...last sat? heh

and whats kens peach theory taylor? :O

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Cyphus its not about u or anyone alse all my problems stem from myself so im sorry for whatever wrong signals i sent off in all honesty i have the best wishes and love for everyone i just never feel comfortable in smashing situations.

And taylor i know u only care about urlsef and u play just to win, and that is what will u hold u back from being as good as u could be. Not trying to start anything but it just seems like ur tying to get sumthing out of me by saying oh ya everyone 3 and 4 stocked u.

Anyways im done with smash, u see the old me would be all like wanting to be the best but this is just a silly game so i dont care if im not having fun I quit. Its not important enough to me for me to care anymore.

I dunno when I was playing with phil I was seeing how the game should actually be played where it doesnt get personal or bad and people just play for fun and dont have to get so like serious. see i figured the reason i play all defensive and try to outthink people is because i actually want to win and thats where the game took control of me and i was only playing to try to win and not to have fun.....

Top Bottom