• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
uhm, last time i check, me and taylor were supposed to have a money match.. but like idk what happend to that.

i play to go to the NO tourny but remember the saterday after N.O is my smashfest/ tourny. but yeah ill be there kyle, and what EET said was a good idea, all meet at Kyle's house and we go to N.O from there, im most def game. anyway. uhh <3

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
T_T

I cant touch a computer all the time now so ah . . .

T_T @ my performance at Dibbz. Wish there was another cube so we could have done singles, but I don't really have an excuse for my doubles performance other than I don't like doubles >.>

Sorry @ Austin
Stop improving! @ Avery
O_o @ Cyphus, Taylor, Kyle

Also, if Taylor and Eet are going, and if anyone else from BR will be going, then I'll make it to the June 2nd tourney.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
ill go to kyles tourney but i cant do anything else this week. set i will come to the smashfest even if i have to walk (lol)

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
f uck yeahh i finally get to play Sars :D Young dylan, youre stupid LOL <3

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Don't show up any earlier than two, and if you don't want to miss the tourny be there before seven.

1155 Jim Taylor Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA
Apt. 6

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
we were supposed to have like 3 by now. but every time i play you, you dont bring it up so i figure you changed your mind and didnt want to do it. im not the kind of person to be an *** and insist on taking your money. be sure to offer the match next time you're around me, but only if u think you can rly win.

kyle is pro
eric is pretty good too

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
well next time were around each other, be sure to remind me. and hopefully, ill steal yo kookies. the money match kookies, that is.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I am always confident I can beat Taylor. Whether that helps me beat him as much as I want to, I seriously doubt it. :D

Anyway, smashbros.com is so AWESOMEZ.
(My personal smash token is spiking everyone perfectly while zooming across the stage with Ichigo's Bankai.

So, I'm commin over to um.....Kyle I guess, unless I get more gas monies.

SARS. I wanna play you tommorow in Slidell. I would like to stop by before I got to BTR. Tell me a place and time! :D

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
kyle's thing sound awesome. man i havent been on here in like a week. i've been smashed out but i think im better now. i do think everybody should just leave from kyle and to go smashorleans the following day. that would be super. i hope i can make it or cyphus takes off work or some kind of insane way i ride ther ewith somebody from br and get a ride back to houma from NOLA>. but seriously. who all is going to smash orleans?

Jackets

Smash Rookie
Yay, lee actually wants to go to smashorleans. but ahh, me and avery plan on going, and i know Sars and Audi are going, but yea, it'd be nice to play you again. =D

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
im down for driving to n.o. but whoever rides totally puts up for gas. kyle might drive too or something idk but we have like 8 ppl so we should decide which 2 cars are driving.
me
eric
kyle
freddy
nicknyte
sudai
tim
maybe phil maybe young dylan maybe mary
maybe me and sudai will drive or me and kyle or kyle and sudai but i imagine those are the 3 best solutions. anyway
i assume it will be 5$ between me and freddy but nicknyte sounds ultra confident so why dont u go for a 20$ mm hot shot?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smashfest at DIBZ w/ Taylor and Kenner
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

after you left taylor, i played john like 3 more times, and got retardedly close every time, but somehow still lost, lol.
i dunno...i felt he was playing somehow really extra awesome then. i couldn't manage a grab for anything. that, and i was **** sleepy...so iunno, i suck and he deffinatley > me that night...heck...out of our..4(?) matches, i think u won most, didn't you?
falco vs. doc
capt vs doc
falco vs falco(lol, it was like a flip of a coin who got the last hit)
and i won ice vs dk...i don't even remember if we had other fights we had.

but yea, taylor did good versus john, doing slightly better in falco dittos, but the only falco versus marth i saw was where they went 2-1 in john's favor.
you've improved, and prolly better than ricky now..i think you should just main Falco and DK. you got the tech skill for falco, but if you add the newer stuff falco pros are using and steal Bum's techniques, i think u'd utilize ur full potential. You looked more relaxed and played more confidently too so that prolly had some to do w/ it.
i feel i could have done better but w/e, it was just a smashfest, not a tourney, lol.

Sudai

Stuff here
I might go to Smash Orleans. I'm still undecided. It all depends on if I got people splitting gas money with me or not I guess...

My car gets pretty good gas mileage and I think it's pretty comfortable, so yeah.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Between the first post of this thread and Nicknyte's LA Finder + Tier list...its pretty clear theres alot of cleaning and updating that could be done.

maybe nobody really cares and i'm just bored, but i'd be up for making a new LA thread since i know i would always be up for keeping it up and organized with events and stuff on the 1st post/page.

i mean..i did sorta start the LA smash scene, and probably have the best overall knowledge on the smash-active cities anyway, plus i'm on here all the time, so i'd gladly keep tournies, tiers, etc fresh...and hopefully in good taste.

as far as an updated LA tier list goes though...i'm up for just 3 simple tiers...

1 Lee
2 Cyphus, John, Taylor
3 Ricky, Kyle, Ray, Eet

Tier 1
Lee cares the most about winning and thats what makes him the best. If something doesn't work, he doesn't try to get around it, he'll learn a better character or counterpick. He plays the most high tier characters decently (fox, falco, sheik, marth, capt) and tends to win the most tournies- so thats that.

Tier 2
We're all pro, w/ me and john carrying a fairly equal history for 2nd place in tournies we attend, and Taylor leading the BR scene. Pretty much all the friendlies between us are very close and losses against Tier 3 are more occasional than not.

Tier 3
Kyle is only pro with 1 character but he's very smart on the stage...he just sucks at edgeguarding, but he seems the most determined to become better. Ray abuses his wierd playstyle to the point where its almost self-destructive. Ricky doesn't really have any real weakness except theres nothing phenomenal about anything he does. Eet isn't bent on really becoming better or anything, but he's just pro for being awesome anyway. Tier 3 is vulnerable to the players just not mentioned, but can keep their distance with how well they do against the tiers above, comparatively to the players below. Just because you win against player X, doesn't neccessarily mean you're better, capiche'?

You could call the remaining "potentials" like some other state smash lists do, but w/e...everyone and their mother is a potential, no?
personally..i'm most impressed with Sars and Sudai, but thats just me.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Edgegaurding is hard with Marth.

I am most probably not going to the Smash Orleans tournament.

eet

Smash Ace
taylor posting from eric's:

i agree with the 3 tiers but i dont think they should be in any particular order within tiers 2 and 3. like i lose to kyle less than i lose to eric and eric like 2 stocks kyle, but he might not be able to compete with you or jon as well as kyle can? idk, but in tier 2 and 3 i think it just depends on the day as to who wins. im confident i can take everyone in tier 2 as well and you put yourself above me and jon when we both beat you more than you beat us at dibbs. (i also lost fox vs ice but i think i can do better next time by taking out nana first) i think your ice is just as good as your doc, simply depending on the fight and i think any of us could beat any of the other players on a given day. but i def. agree with the separation of the tiers.

eric is good

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm sure u can take me and john, of course. Its why i put us in the same tier. The point of the tier IS implying we are the same level.
Cyphus, John, Taylor is in alphabetical order, no? and if thats not good enough, we can always fall back on the most recent big results (INN5) Truth be told, i usually DO hold the upperhand versus John in every smashfest at dibbz, ricky and ray know this as well. Last time was an exception, where i did poorer versus the both of you...but i'd rather not make excuses, cuz i'm not trying prove anything. I consider us equals, hence all on the same tier, but if u think u belong first, all the more power to ya...But i'm still holding that thought back until u do better in a tourney. "choking under the pressure" is a weakness, not an excuse. i <3 u though.
but yea, i did think hard on the tiers..and i'm glad you agree with them.

i just dunno whether i should work on my falco or ice more...sometimes i just don't know what more i can be doing with doc. It just gets overwhelming versus the higher tiers :/

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i wasnt claiming to be any better which is why i repeated like 10 times we can beat each other on different days. i was simply saying it shouldnt be in any particular order. inn5 was me being weak. i wont play like that again. my sig is just a joke.
i was going on like 5 hours of sleep that night too but i think i did fine.

Sudai

Stuff here
I would love if you started and maintained a new thread, Cyphus. Not so much for the tiers, but for the updating the main page with events cause we all know August 18th was -forever- ago. Not only will it be easier for us, but it'll be easier for people that are looking to join the scene. : )

I'll be sad to see this 5151 post (as of my post) thread go though.. : (

With that said, I'm going make some popcorn.

Sudai

Stuff here
IF Eet would be fine giving out his PW here (don't see why he wouldn't be) someone could keep it updated.

Also, Kyle, Freddy's house. I'll be there.

eet

Smash Ace
I'm awesome. Guess who?

but yea, to edit titles all u gotta do is click "go advanced" when ur in an edit window.

i added the tournies, tiers, and a small, general location faq...
i deleted all the tournament-history, cuz it takes up way too much space..but i saved it, and if people want it back, i'll add it...i just think it shouldn't be in the first post, making us look like we've been living in a cave for over a year...so i'll throw it on eet's 2nd post for now.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I figured it out. I'm the Gohan of smash. I'll give a pepsi to whoever has a clue as to what I mean. I'll probably give you one anyway though.

Wtf at Freddy and Sudai. Answer yo phone when I call you.

Top Bottom