• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
for melee do you have to play low tire or is it just a choice. Its not a problem for me as I play all low tire, I'm asking for Fox players. Also can i get that Laplace players #,FB, or can you let him know I'm in his area
No. Low Tier is a side event for Brawl. For Melee you can use any character you want in the tournament.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Not low tier, he said low tire...

Just remember faust. Tires don exits.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
edited:

S - Lee
A - Avery
B - Cyphus, Tim, Freddy
C - Patrick, Ricky, Pierre, Eet
D - Mark, Coby, Austin, Mura, Matt, Ac, Ran, Hyro, Wiggins

who i missing?
inactives?: kyle, taylor, ken, sudai

first 2nd attempt while high. the order within tiers is not to be interpreted, but it might be a fair categorization or tiers. I cant avoid all bias, so player inactivity played an influence. or maybe just not include some?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Alright let's break this down.

9.Inui
9.Turaz

Through various friendlies across the USA inui is better than isai. At whobo3 I place the same as inui.

BY INUI LOGIC I AM BETTER THAN ISAI GET AT ME S TIER MATERIAL

D

Deleted member

lol remove kyle and i from that list and any future lists plz.
but for the record, i do think it's funny that through both kyle and i being inactive and trolling with non top tier characters at the few tournaments we did go to, you separated us in tiers.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Avery

Smash Cadet
Only read if you GAF about melee PR

I would ask to be on a panel, but either way IMO:

Lee
Me
Cyphus, Freddy, Tim
Eet, Patrick
Mark, Coby, Austin, Mura
Pierre, Ricky, Arc
Hyro, Ran, Everpower
The rest.

Knowledge derived from recent tournament placings and as stated my opinion of where people fall. I separated people who I think are in the same ballpark of each other by groups and within those groups I really cant discern between individuals (and in some cases feel its impossible).

As for notable changes:
-Pierre is a good player, but very inconsistent therefore I moved him down.
-I moved Austin and Mura up because recently theyve consistently been able to place 7th and 5th respectively at pretty much every tournament they attend recently.
-Eet and Patrick arent always active, but I can comfortably say if they were to show up at a tournament theyd place higher than anyone I put on the line below them.
-I feel as though Ken,Kyle, and Taylor are obviously inactive/uncaring about the game, but could still show up and beat most everyone even through rust. They deserve to be mentioned as well because they are vets, so we could put them in "Adult Tier" LOL

It should be noted that melee players motivation in this state also greatly varies:
People trying to get better, or "caring"
People who actively play, but invest nothing more to get better or "dgaf"
People who dont play and will show up and still be better than most, or "steadiers" of a certain skill level
Or brawl players who have no hope at getting better ( I immediately think turaz)
*obviously a completely separate topic*

Meaning theres some people on the list who I see definite potential to move up on the list, and some who I feel will probably always be dormant in or near the rank they stand at now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont really think its possible at this point for a numbered list, however tiers arent really good at speaking for themselves because the differences between them are highly varied. So if anyone knows a solution go for it ;)

ex:

S-Lee
*huge skill gap*
A-Me
*visible, but definitely smaller skill gap*
B-Cyphus,Tim, Freddy
etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also this was done out of boredom mostly, but also because having a PR is a very good thing for the people who are trying to improve and want to know where they stand. And as shocking as it may seem I could name at least 10 players off the top of my head who are actually trying to get better at the game right now, so I think its worth the trouble.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
-I feel as though Ken,Kyle, and Taylor are obviously inactive/uncaring about the game, but could still show up and beat most everyone even through rust. They deserve to be mentioned as well because they are vets, so we could put them in "Adult Tier" LOL
Sudai?

10Sudais

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
@Smoke: How do you guys go about getting sponsorships?
Haha I'm totally down to let you know the whole process behind it and whatnot. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or whatever, but generally I just email a ton of companies that I think would be interested in sponsoring our tournament. Prepare for a lot more Nos then Yeses. In my email I try to make our tournament sound as amazing as possible without lying. Then I just let them know what I'm looking for (money, gift cards, equipment, etc.) and then I wait. The EASIEST thing to do IMO is to talk to local shops as they want to help out local tournaments. Also, watch streams and see what sponsors those guys get.

You can also apply for local sponsorships from Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Just pick up a "Donation Request Form." I believe those will get you a $25 gift card each.

Umm... Also one thing to keep in mind. I actually check out this thread quite a bit (even though I'm an Arkansan that doesn't play Smash lol) and I noticed you guys had an issue with cash prizes. Arkansas has some stupid law like that as well and I went a few months thinking our tournament MAY be illegal. Apparently, however, there's an exception for tournaments. You guys might want to look into that if you're still worried about the cash prize gambling law or whatever.
I'd never worship someone whose *** I could kick myself.

I got a sudden urge to go to Arkansas this weekend... hmm...
You should come! It'll be HYPE! :)

eet

Smash Ace
i got third at my only tourny and cyphus puts me behind pierre and ricky lol, ya ******. Ive literally never lost in a tourny to anyone in LA who isnt: Lee, Cyphus, Freddy(once : ( ), Taylor or Kyle.

Averys list looks closer to what i was thinking. granted, I dont know anything about the ppl in tiers below me cause i dont pay attention.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
how long ago was that? i see ricky and pierre at dibbz sometimes, but wasn't sure u still played. i like averys list, actually. I'd might combine the 5th and 6th ranks, but i'd say its all pretty good.

eet

Smash Ace
It was a few months ago, post colorado. I beat Avery then lost to Freddy in losers 2-1 at high %. And yeah, I like that list, but maybe move Pierre up? IDK, like I said I dont get to play the laffy peeps. :\

Avery

Smash Cadet
Pierre good he actually knocked me out of winners once, but he came to this past tournament and got (not to be modest, quick) 2-0ed by me and austin and almost threw a set to hyro because he played secondaries. His fox is really good sometimes, but Id say hes less mature of a player than people I put before him. Yeah eet still good and I got 4th at the tourney he beat me at skewereing my almost 7 or 8 streak of getting 2nd at recent tournaments loooool good **** eric, wish you played more cause I know you got it in you.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
slight edits: shwop

atm, i see a much cleaner 'top 7' than anything else. (or top 10 w/ the ghosts of kyle, taylor, ken)

Lee
Avery
Cyphus, Freddy, Tim
Eet, Patrick

--after this point it gets difficult dividing tiers. Inconsistency, attendance, but mostly just a very competitive zone from a glass ceiling effect.
obviously pierre would be considered better than hyro, but it would be misrepresenting to say theres a clear dividing way to group the following...

(order not important)
~Ricky, Pierre, Mura, Mark, Coby, Austin, Arc, Ran, Matt, Hyro~
(unless i'm forgetting people?)

ricky has the most experience and composure (as long as he's not wasted). he's a threat to everyone in this group and can hold his own vs better players more consistently than the rest

pierre can go very hard. He can force the A-game even out of top players, but he's eager with risks and pushes his tech skill, which cost him otherwise advantaged matchups

mura places pretty good, everyone considered. smart player good enough to avoid being wrecked by everyone here - if hasn't won

Mark, Coby, Austin, and Matt seem to have they're good and bad days. all have a balance of notable wins and losses like most in this group.

Everette. veteran smashers have experience as an easy advantage over him, but outside that he's shown to do really well lately

Ran's become pretty solid. Like arc, he can def expose anyone here, just needs to show it more

Hyro's had a hard time being late to join the party and less dedicated than most, but he's smart enough to still be a threat

Awstin

Smash Rookie
I've been in a slump lately (not saying I should be placed any higher), but I probably could be placed in the same group as Eric and Patrick. You're right about the good and bad days.

edit: /contradictingstatements

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I'm going to Smashberg Lane and I'm accepting Money Matches from anyone except Lee, Hyro, Roni and Cyphus. JNig can Money Match me only if he goes Ganon. :p

Minimum of $3. Maximum of $15.

GO!

Top Bottom