• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
If we can meet up at some public place not too far away I think that'd work. The problem with my place is there's like no space because my room is so small and messy and there's nowhere else I can move the TV.

EDIT: A place like Play n' Trade in Franklin Square would work great I think.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I know when I first started playing (I was like...14 or 15 I think hella young) I met up at a LAN center and my mother met some of the people I was playing with. Not having them trust someone going to their house is pretty reasonable IMO since that's a pretty big step but you should be able to meet at PlayNTrade or something. The best way to meet people though honestly is giong to a tournament that way you can say you actually know the person without lying.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Prepping for my sisters huge bday party tomorrow but I 'll do what I can. Hit me up after 9 if you still wanaa

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I know when I first started playing (I was like...14 or 15 I think hella young) I met up at a LAN center and my mother met some of the people I was playing with. Not having them trust someone going to their house is pretty reasonable IMO since that's a pretty big step but you should be able to meet at PlayNTrade or something. The best way to meet people though honestly is giong to a tournament that way you can say you actually know the person without lying.
LOL I remember this.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
LOL I remember this.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO crazy memories dude it's such a long time ago. Are you back playing? In case you haven't noticed I haven't lived on LI in a really long time... but I still play and go back every now and again. WAZZZZZZZZZUP

Alejandro started LI Melee

Bubbles

Smash Rookie
Can you add me to the list, trying to get back into the scene again. See if people are still are on their grind.

Bubbles
Brooklyn
Melee: Fox
Brawl: DDD

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yo dan you should put the li facebook thread in the op as well.

Also i want to apologize for not hosting a tourney as i said i was going to do, but both billy and i have been lazy about setting this up and next time i talk to billy i will see if he still wants to host and if so we will try to set something up.

:phone:

Waveshine

Smash Rookie
I'd love to go to a Smashfest at Boat Mode's house, but see, there's this thing called having overprotective parents and not yet being 18. This situation can have side effects such as your mom believing that going to the house of anybody you do not know extremely well is a surefire way to get *****/murdered, nausea, vomiting, hatred of not being a legal adult, resentment, anger, etc. So yeah, I can't make it to the Smashfest. I'm mad, to say the least.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I'd love to go to a Smashfest at Boat Mode's house, but see, there's this thing called having overprotective parents and not yet being 18. This situation can have side effects such as your mom believing that going to the house of anybody you do not know extremely well is a surefire way to get *****/murdered, nausea, vomiting, hatred of not being a legal adult, resentment, anger, etc. So yeah, I can't make it to the Smashfest. I'm mad, to say the least.
They ended up going to the tourney in Mastic I think. Should try to find some public places to hang out or let your parents get to know some people and see they're good dudes.

I need to see if I can get off work for August 4th and hopefully come down to visit.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
So I recently have some free time and would like to play some games. I live in Lindenhurst, I don't care about skill level. Reply here if you'd like to meet up.

Top Bottom