• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

Luigisama

Smash Champion
http://www.facebook.com/events/186612028140473/

Smashfest at Planet gaming the one located in Hempstead.

Some brawl players will be coming, but I wouldn't want to leave the melee players in the dark that live on the island. If you guys can come out. Also this could give you guys practice if you're going to KOTC this saturday or BG melee on the 23rd.

starts at 5:30pm Tomorrow

ends exactly at 9pm. After the smashfest we might go to red robins. :) RED ROBINS YUM :3
NO OUTSIDE FOODS OR DRINKS!!!! Besides the food they sell the drinks here are very cheap $1 for soda and water. $2 for japanese soda and I think energy drinks. You can't find a deal for drinks better than that.
Venue fee is $2

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Good guy Luigisama bringing along Melee players to fest
There is going to be another one same time this week on thursday. Cmon guys I wanna test out my mewtwo and do G&w+mewtwo in apex melee doubles. It'll work for a couple of matches :awesome:

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Might wanna stop by Planet Gaming one day to chill and brawl. :bee:

:phone:
Is that directed at me or you thinking out loud? Haha.

But anyway, I got off next Friday and the following Monday. So I'm thinking I'm going to try to come down to LI on Thursday night and leave Monday.

Edit: Updated OP with next battlegrounds tourney.

courte

Smash Lord
WGN is trying to work out a weekly discount night for Melee and other Fighters. I don't know about Brawl and I don't care but i'll throw my Faill TL on the table. I know i shouldn't post this here but i'm also trying to find players of other general Fightery. $5 for 8pm to midnight starting if not this monday coming up then next week on 11/19/2012 http://www.facebook.com/worldgamernation?fref=ts

Luigisama

Smash Champion
WGN is trying to work out a weekly discount night for Melee and other Fighters. I don't know about Brawl and I don't care but i'll throw my Faill TL on the table. I know i shouldn't post this here but i'm also trying to find players of other general Fightery. $5 for 8pm to midnight starting if not this monday coming up then next week on 11/19/2012 http://www.facebook.com/worldgamernation?fref=ts
wow good stuff finding a place.

Radness

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, New LI smasher here. I mostly play SSB64, but I dabble in brawl and melee as well. This thread looks pretty muerto. You guys have a FB group or something?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
dayummmm. no one posts in here ever anymore.
I came to this thread b/c I hadent been his for a while, but thinking about it its probably b/c most of us know each other now and have our crews we play with. Making it less important for us to come to this thread looking for people to play with

:phone:

dontcallmeRP

Smash Rookie
I wanna start playing again. Are people still meeting up out at codi's place or is there anybody playing regularly in western suffolk/ eastern nassau...?

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Codi left forever and forever. (Moved out of the state.)

Denti

Smash Master
Can anyone house me for the Collision tournament? I need housing Saturday night (maybe friday if you don't mind) and I'm going to United the very next day. :) Please anyone.

Double_Edge

Smash Rookie
Sup guys. I recently went back to college in Long Island (Hofstra University in Hempstead) and decided i would try to get into the melee/brawl scene. I'm not new to smash, I've watched plenty of tournament vids and been silently lurking the boards for a while. I was just wondering if there are any smashfests/events going on soon?

Also, I just joined the Long Island melee fb group.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Sup guys. I recently went back to college in Long Island (Hofstra University in Hempstead) and decided i would try to get into the melee/brawl scene. I'm not new to smash, I've watched plenty of tournament vids and been silently lurking the boards for a while. I was just wondering if there are any smashfests/events going on soon?

Also, I just joined the Long Island melee fb group.
What's up man. I used to go to Hofstra myself!

PD/Matt Longtin plays Smash at Hofstra, I used to play Melee with him sometimes. Khanti used to come visit Hofstra sometimes and he played Melee.

I guess I would say keep an eye on the facebook thread for fests though.

S

Somaiah

Glad to see some Massapequans up in here. Definitely looking forward to playing with you guys this Summer, just so busy right now with work and shizz.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
:/ disappointed to not see any melee players from Bay Shore haha. Well, anyone nearby feel free to hit me up haha. Unusually busy right now, but always nice to get to know the smash community around you.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Summer will be pretty busy, but I intend to make a couple of trips out there.

TimeWarpedBrawler

Smash Apprentice
I hope this isn't dumb or I'm in the wrong place, but is there any LI venues that play melee? I'm hoping to level up my game before EVO, and playing melee in general since it's so fun.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I hope this isn't dumb or I'm in the wrong place, but is there any LI venues that play melee? I'm hoping to level up my game before EVO, and playing melee in general since it's so fun.
Hey dude. There are tourneys held out in Shirley, which are monthlys or so. Sometimes tourneys held out in central LI as well. I would recommend checking out the facebook Long Island Melee group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/224824577625283/

People generally post in there for fests and tourneys coming up.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
If you're looking to just brush up your game, practice before, not necessarily play in a tournament, I believe theres a group who plays over at the venue they held Crossfire at every friday. I'm looking to up my game, so might start playing with them myself haha

Top Bottom