• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Oh shi-. Pools are posted?

Edit: checked em. I'm in Unknown522's pool again, I was in his pool at Pound4 lol. Doesn't look too bad other then that though.

Qerb
The March Hare
Smashjin
Unknown522
Morgue

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Glad to see a lot of LIers going.

I am currently in Virginia, and will be attending -- and I'll be meeting up with two others from the Mastic/Shirley crew as well there.

Some questions:
(1) Is any one attending the pre-event on Thursday?
(2) Would it be possible for any one to give me a ride tomorrow from the New Brunswick transit station around 5 P.M.? My girlfriend and I are traveling up from Virginia via bus, so if any one would be willing to give us a ride it'd be extremely helpful (I could throw you a $5 I guess) -- either to the Apex pre-event if you're attending, or to our hotel (minutes from the venue), or any where to play friendlies or whatever!

If any one can help or is interested in playing on Thursday, feel free to call/text me: 631-603-8858.

Hype.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
youre gonna face your first fox and become depressed
lol I know. I've seen enough melee tourney results and matches to know that. I don't about entering tourneys, but just once I wanted to do mewtwo and g&w for laughs.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Luigi is clearly underrated, and character diversity ftw so I approve.

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
hey guys. i'm new to smashboards and i'm dying to play actual humans in some melee. i haven't played someone who is good in like a year and i'm getting bored fast running around in practice mode. anybody in nassau and down for a few games sometime?

dontcallmeRP

Smash Rookie
Wow how am I not on that list?

RP (suffolk) Mains- fox, ness Secondaries - falcon, marth, dk AIM - dontcallmerp

been looking to get back into the game lately, so if anyone wants to play let me know.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey guys. i'm new to smashboards and i'm dying to play actual humans in some melee. i haven't played someone who is good in like a year and i'm getting bored fast running around in practice mode. anybody in nassau and down for a few games sometime?
well i am not sure who is around u to play, but the place where LI tourneys r held i am told is moving to massapequa. so when the next tourney is announced (sources say some time in February) i will try to remember to let u know.

Also lets get some LI hype going, we got a almost oddly large scene going on and we need more stuff to do

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Can I add you to the list in the first post? I'd try and hit some of the guys up in the first post as well. There's several people in nassau who would probably play kinda often.

Wow how am I not on that list?

RP (suffolk) Mains- fox, ness Secondaries - falcon, marth, dk AIM - dontcallmerp

been looking to get back into the game lately, so if anyone wants to play let me know.
I'll add you. What town are you in?

Paramedic

Smash Rookie
Whatsup, first post ever, new to Smashboards, not to Melee though. Can you add me to list? Play Melee exclusively, Queens here right off Woodside on LIRR. Me & a friend been playing for a few years, getting serious about entering competitive scene/community. Looking to play something other than lvl 9's lol.
Mains: Marth with lots of secondaries (Roy, Yoshi, Boozer, Samus, Ness).

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Whatsup, first post ever, new to Smashboards, not to Melee though. Can you add me to list? Play Melee exclusively, Queens here right off Woodside on LIRR. Me & a friend been playing for a few years, getting serious about entering competitive scene/community. Looking to play something other than lvl 9's lol.
Mains: Marth with lots of secondaries (Roy, Yoshi, Boozer, Samus, Ness).
Sure. What's the best way to get in touch with you?

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
Can I add you to the list in the first post? I'd try and hit some of the guys up in the first post as well. There's several people in nassau who would probably play kinda often.

I'll add you. What town are you in?
yea man. my names billy and i live in massapequa. i main samus. secondaries.. i guess would be falcon/luigi/jiggs/falco...i cant really just pick one. >_<
annddd my cell number is 631 877 0639.

Paramedic

Smash Rookie
Cool thanks for the add, appreciate it, be cool to find some people to train for upcoming nojohns melee monthlies come February. If you like oyu can put Alex for real name too.

BAR

Smash Apprentice
new to long island looking for smash players

hello all, my name is bar, a few years back i was into the tournament melee scene but after brawl i kind of fell off the radar. anyway to make a long story short im set to transfer to sonybrook university on the 21'st and am trying to find people to play melee with. my main is peach, below is an extremely low quality recording of me facing my little bro's sheik if you wish to see how i play... id be glad to find any fellow smashers on campus or in the general area. feel free to email me my email is matredespiser@gmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmAr3IiezQE

Smashjin

Smash Ace
what do you mean by housing?
He's visiting Long Island and needs a place to stay for a couple days. Ryan is a good dude, and still really good at Smash, even if he doesn't play much anymore.

hello all, my name is bar, a few years back i was into the tournament melee scene but after brawl i kind of fell off the radar. anyway to make a long story short im set to transfer to sonybrook university on the 21'st and am trying to find people to play melee with. my main is peach, below is an extremely low quality recording of me facing my little bro's sheik if you wish to see how i play... id be glad to find any fellow smashers on campus or in the general area. feel free to email me my email is matredespiser@gmail.com

It's awesome to see all of you guys either coming back or joining the Melee scene. I wish I was still around to meet all of you.

I can add you to the list in the first post if you like BAR.

Did you use to go to the Paralax LAN tourneys by the way? Right now there's a couple pretty good players over at Stonybrook though. I can probably get you contacts of Stonybrook players if you like, though some have their info posted in the first post as well.

BAR

Smash Apprentice
Did you use to go to the Paralax LAN tourneys by the way?
yeah im pretty sure it was called parralax, i used to go with bino, rubar, i think i saw dj nintendo and ace marth there as well.. its been a while.

yeah ill check the contact info on the first page, my cell is 845 453-4268 for anybody that wants to play smash on campus

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice

I live 20 minutes from SBU, and have a couple friends who also play. We're fairly terrible, but working on it. Absolutely down to play most any time.

dontcallmeRP

Smash Rookie
So the question is, who can host a smash gathering? I know I can't.... but someone totally should, and soon.

get ppl together and come through!
nice, i def wanna get some practice in before no johns.

If anyone else wants to go to no johns, im prob driving so if you wanna throw me some gas money for a ride that would be cool.

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
He's visiting Long Island and needs a place to stay for a couple days. Ryan is a good dude, and still really good at Smash, even if he doesn't play much anymore.
i should have figured that. but i wasn't sure if he meant he was wondernig if someone could host a gathering...becuause i'm totally down to do that sometime if ppl are interested.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, SO MUCH ACTIVITY.

If I wasn't at school I would totally be down to play supah smash bruthas. Hope this sudden burst of regional enthusiasm holds up until Summer.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
yeah im pretty sure it was called parralax, i used to go with bino, rubar, i think i saw dj nintendo and ace marth there as well.. its been a while.

yeah ill check the contact info on the first page, my cell is 845 453-4268 for anybody that wants to play smash on campus
That's cool. I went to one of the Paralax tourneys way back when.

Are you on LI now or just going there soon for school?

Also I wish I was still around. I used to host when I could. Codi probably plays/might host once in a while, but he's way out east in Manorville.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
LI needs a centrally located monthly tournament series.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

TO YOU AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE NEAR STONY BROOK READ THIS.

In the basement of the union at stony brook there is a club called animated perspective it is known as the anime club, The club is also a gaming club and there is almost always some melee going on. the skill of the players goes from pretty bad to very solid. I myself sometimes come to stony to chill and play smash but i think i a getting a job soon so that wont be much of a option this semester. Anyway there is also a ladder going on for melee at stony, in case u dont know what that means it is a system where u can challenge people above u to move up the ladder, so its a competition. usually there is a facebook page for the ladder but since the new semester has not started yet it is not up yet.

edit: on the 1st page of this thread srsB/stephen goes to stony and goes to the club and stuff so maybe u would want to contact him

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Sorry about the double post but i want the stony post to stand on its own
LI needs a centrally located monthly tournament series.
OK TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS A MONTHLY READ BELOW

We kinda have a monthly going on. but b/c of apex/Christmas there was no tourney last month and b/c the store where the tourneys r held is moving there wont be one this month ether. that being said the guy who hosts these tourneys (Private O'Malley/Jared) told me he is planning to host one in February. I am told the venue is moving to massapequa which is a pretty central location. I will post on this thread when the next tourney is announced.

Also as a side note, i am sure many LI smashers would love to just meet up for a smash fest but we dont have a big enough place to do this and often their r conflicting schedules, but if anyone wants to try to set one up I and i am sure others will try to get the word out.

dontcallmeRP

Smash Rookie
I'm not a Stony Brook student but I'm like 20 mins from the campus, let me know when that ladder **** starts I want in.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Banned for double posting lolol.

But really tell Jared to start hosting more often and he needs to have the date set in advance so he can post about it and give it more notice.

I was wondering why the Stonybrook facebook ladder page wasn't up. Last time it went down was a technical error or something.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Banned for double posting lolol.

But really tell Jared to start hosting more often and he needs to have the date set in advance so he can post about it and give it more notice.

I was wondering why the Stonybrook facebook ladder page wasn't up. Last time it went down was a technical error or something.
yea i am not sure if its another technical error or not, but i am giving it the benefit of the doubt. Also i want jared to host more and i do talk to him about it, but i cant twist his arm to make him do it... or can I

@Leacero: Remy still plays and is/was number 1 on the ladder, but there r still plenty of others such as stephen, jay, a freidn of remy's named John who is solid, paulo, ryan, any many more.

Also by kevin did u mean sheik/doc player? b/c he left stony a while ago. pretty sure he left b4 u did to be honest

@dontcallmerp: i will make a post in this thread when i hear the ladder is back up, should be starting soon since stony is starting back up again soon.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I'm sure Robbin means Delvo, Ben.

There's some decent players over at SBU who still play though.

Someone more consistent then Jared should start hosting tourneys though.

Leacero

Smash Lord
yea i am not sure if its another technical error or not, but i am giving it the benefit of the doubt. Also i want jared to host more and i do talk to him about it, but i cant twist his arm to make him do it... or can I

@Leacero: Remy still plays and is/was number 1 on the ladder, but there r still plenty of others such as stephen, jay, a freidn of remy's named John who is solid, paulo, ryan, any many more.

Also by kevin did u mean sheik/doc player? b/c he left stony a while ago. pretty sure he left b4 u did to be honest

@dontcallmerp: i will make a post in this thread when i hear the ladder is back up, should be starting soon since stony is starting back up again soon.
JOHN G the sheik?

and yeah I meant Delvo.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea john G

Also lol i never think of delvo as kevin. to me he only has one name which is Delvo. Also he does not play much, but everyone once and a while he does

Also it would be nice if we had someone else hosting besides just jared, but i dont want to be that guy right now. And i dont know anyone else who wants to host. Plus I do believe jared wants to make it a monthly which is pretty legit.

Top Bottom