• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
First Waluigi and now Ashley. At least I still have Isabelle who is basically 99.99% confirmed based on vergeben's leaks.
Somehow I don’t think verge is to be believed. I’m just glad they put in richter on top of Simon, so the guy that fits in more would be included. I’m surprised that with all these echoes we’ve yet to see a new funky mode. This direct didn’t show any pokemon, but mimikyu was decomfirmed, and exactly how I thought it would happen (shadow claw beat up combo). I think it’s time for me to go make a new support thread for Sceptile, if only to get more of my hopes and dreams ruined by the item that constantly screws every good character. Only time will tell with verge... still wish we could’ve gotten Dixie with K. Rool

Last edited:

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
To all Ashely Supporters,

You have my sympathies. You all fought tooth and nail for her to make it into Ultimate and in the end, she remained an Assist Trophy. Even though Sakurai didn't see potential in her right now, that doesn't mean she'll stay like that forever. Hopefully next game, may it be him or someone else, will see that potential from her and her fanbase they will add her in.

This reminds me of the time when Ridley was confirmed as a Stage Hazard for Smash 4, when we, The Ridley Supporters, were heartbroken and we cried together, but we still remained strong and continued support for him until he made it in Ultimate. Your time may not be now, but next game if you fight hard enough for her, I think she might have a chance.

Now that Ridley and K. Rool are in, I have a feeling Ashley will become the most wanted newcomer now for the next Smash now, at least in the west. For now, take the time to rest and recuperate. For next time, you will come back regenerated and ready to support Ashley like none the other. I have faith in you guys.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I hate where he put her in that assist onslaught... a glimmer of hope until the very last few seconds. I hate Sakurai now, gives everyone what they want EXCEPT FOR ASHLEY!

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Pulling our efforts into DLC isn't a bad idea, I doubt as well that it will make any differences for this game but fan outcry may be noted for the next one.

Also I can't help but smile a bit at the dark humor that The Moon was the last assist introduced before Ashley after all the Majora's mask countdown jokes we made these last few days, it's just fitting.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
After seeing Simon revealed in the beginning I really thought we were going to see Ashley in the end.

Sakurai made Ashley the last Assist trophy to be revealed so it seems he knew we weren't going to be happy with it.

I know we haven't seen the full roster but from here on out when a new character is revealed it's going to feel like "Why did X character get in when Ashley would have been better?"

I know it feels delusional to think we might be able to get some of the AT's as playable characters for DLC but I guess I'm still going through the stage of bargaining of the 5 stages of grief to think we can convince Sakurai to make assist trophy characters playable work out.

Maybe they can make Ashley playable for DLC and when Someone is playing Ashley her AT will never appear?

I take solace in that idea which would mean no AT character is truly disconfirmed for DLC.

If a new Smash Ballot is made you know who I'm going to vote for despite being an already existing AT.

It looks like Ashley has now ascended to King K. Rool's place as most wanted missing character. So I'd say she'll look really good when Smash 6 comes around assuming she doesn't have a chance for DLC.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well look at it this way guys, we’re now officially the most popular thread on the speculation fourms.

Let’s keep the train going towards DLC!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
but I guess I'm still going through the stage of bargaining of the 5 stages of grief to think we can convince Sakurai to make assist trophy characters playable work out..
I jumped to anger and it probably won't go away for a day or two.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Over 200 people came to mourn for the loss of Ashley! I'm proud of all of you guys for supporting Ashley! Don't give up we'll get Ashley!

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Dang sakurai murdered my hopes for both Ashley and zero but it's cool lol they're still in the game. I think we're seeing a potential story mode at the end

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
It looks like Ashley has now ascended to King K. Rool's place as most wanted missing character. So I'd say she'll look really good when Smash 6 comes around assuming she doesn't have a chance for DLC.
Honestly? My outlook is not good for a Smash 6 appearance.

Sakurai's statement on what Smash Ultimate could've been before he decided on "EVERYONE IS HERE" suggests that he has a "reboot" game in mind, slashing much of the roster and devoting focus to revamping the game itself.
I could see Wario making the transition, but... Would WarioWare be seen as needing a second rep in such a scenario? It's just... I want to believe, but I don't see it.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Is it dark that all I could think of was “Take me to the edge... Ashley’s chances are dead

I also thought this for Mimikyu’s reveal

Sorry for the reveal though, that was painful to watch.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I am so sorry to you guys. I know how passionate some of you were about Ashley and her chances of making it into the roster. I really thought she'd be added so that genuinely surprised me. But Y'all are some of the nicest people around and you can bounce back from this.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
To all Ashely Supporters.

You have my sympathies. You all fought tooth and nail for her to make it into Ultimate and in the end, she remained an Assist Trophy. Even though Sakurai didn't see potential in her right now, that doesn't mean she'll stay like that forever. Hopefully next game, may it be him or someone else, will see that potential from her and her fanbase they will add her in.

This reminds me of the time when Ridley was confirmed as a Stage Hazard for Smash 4, when we, The Ridley Supporters, were heartbroken and we cried together, but we still remained strong and continued support for him until he made it in Ultimate. Your time may not be now, but next game if you fight hard enough for her, I think she might have a chance.

Now that Ridley and K. Rool are in, I have a feeling Ashley will become the most wanted newcomer now for the next Smash now, at least in the west. For now, take the time to rest and recuperate. For next time, you will come back regenerated and ready to support Ashley like none the other. I have faith in you guys.
Exactly this. I haven't been on Smashboards for very long, but during Smash 4, when I was under a different name, I remember that feeling of "we got this" for Ridley and King K. Rool. Neither happened. And yet, here we are, finding out that BOTH made it to the top.

Ashley's popularity seemingly sprung up to insane heights overnight. She isn't "the Eastern pick" anymore. She's the new Ridley/K. Rool.

So yeah, now is a time to mourn, if you deem it necessary. But even if she's impossible for Ultimate DLC, we'll come back stronger and better than ever, and ensure her place on the Smash 6 roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well look at it this way guys, we’re now officially the most popular thread on the speculation fourms.

Let’s keep the train going towards DLC!
While I wouldn't put much hope on DLC, I will say, keep up the train.

It took K. Rool peeps 9 years of campaigning and disappointment to get their character, but they got it. We will be the next.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Cannot say I am surprised by this. I felt something like this was going to happen. My condolences. I hope one of Ko Takeuchi's characters like the Chorus Kids get in though. :(

Saiko18

Smash Rookie
Did anyone see Kat and Ana as an assist trophy this time around? It wouldn't make sense to get rid of them, since they were in both Brawl and Smash 4...

It would make up for the pain of Ashley being disconfirmed if they were playable (in my opinion at least). I highly doubt they would be though.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Well, we've gotta have a character to complain about his/her not playable status now that Ridley and K. Rool are in the roster.

I'm hyped because of that amazing Direct but that Ashley bit was almost insulting. She didn't have even her own spot in the Assistant presentation nor in the Smash web. She has it worse than Waluigi, which is saying something. I really thought that she would be included this time, I was convinced that Sakurai was aware of her popularity, but I suppose that WarioWare being an almost dead franchise when the roster was decided hurt her chances. Oh well. Such a shame... At least she's still in the game and didn't get eradicated like Isaac in Smash 4.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey guys, not an Ashley fan myself, but I wanted to come to offer my support for y'all and condolences, if that's ok. While I was ecstatic about my own character, I was sad to see such a requested character who had a lot of potential resigned to an assist trophy.

I'm sorry to see you guys get let down.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Here's some advice from a Ridley supporter from the early 2000s.

Rejection makes you stronger. If you weren't vocal enough this time, be even louder next time. Word will get through to Sakurai eventually.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I’m just confused as to what was preventing her inclusion, she had everything going for her, she wasn’t popular, she had moveset potential, she was consistently promoted by Nintendo, I’m honestly confused as to why she wasn’t included.
Yeah I really don't understand either, it's pure freaking craziness. Now was the perfect time... I'm happy for all the others who got their most wanted but Chrom and Dark Samus seem just so bland to me... Ashley would have been so unique! How could you not want to make a move set for her?
Man, I feel awful that it somehow didn't work out for our witch. She really seemed to have it all in her favor... well I'm still sitting here hoping for an Ashley spin-off game to happen. She deserves it!
Perhaps she will have one soon, for I believe she will have one sooner or later, definitely before Smash 6, so there's no way she's not getting in that!
What's gonna happen to the thread now that shes deconfirmed
I have hope for DLC. Or maybe even an October release? Think about it! There are 3 Links, 3 Pikachu... there can be 2 Ashley! A Game & Wario Ashley, and a new "smashified" Ashley for us to play with?
Stop it. Assists are items and they'll stay that way until the next game. You know that. He won't just change an item to a character.
Anything can happen. The future is not set in stone; I choose to have hope~
*warm hugs*

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Did anyone see Kat and Ana as an assist trophy this time around? It wouldn't make sense to get rid of them, since they were in both Brawl and Smash 4...

It would make up for the pain of Ashley being disconfirmed if they were playable (in my opinion at least). I highly doubt they would be though.
I mean, it would make sense... they deconfirmed Ashley, but showed nothing about Kat & Ana. Either they were cut, are coming for the next onslaught, or could be playable. It would definitely make up for the loss of ashley, but I refuse to get my hopes up after this direct. Adding shovel knight, zero, and ashley to the list... man that sucked.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Thanks to the people and their kind words. It's a shame it ended so... unceremoniously for Ashley. But we aren't the only fanbase that got the shaft today. I lend my strength to the other deconfirmed characters as well.

As for me Smash hype is over, I'll be back for the next game. Ciao.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Thanks to the people and their kind words. It's a shame it ended so... unceremoniously for Ashley. But we aren't the only fanbase that git the shaft today. I lend my strength to the other deconfirmed characters as well.

No, Ashuree don’t leave, we’ll miss you! :(

(It’s okay though I understand)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't NOT play this game, it looks too good.
But even if the pain numbs the sting of seeing Ashley as an Assist Trophy will never truly go away.
Maybe next time guys, maybe next time...

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I am still reeling over that. I don’t think I’ve ever been that heartbroken before :(

Buuut the rest of the Direct was perfection times ten, so I guess it’s fine... why Sakurai whyyyyy

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
I have hope for DLC. Or maybe even an October release? Think about it! There are 3 Links, 3 Pikachu... there can be 2 Ashley! A Game & Wario Ashley, and a new "smashified" Ashley for us to play with?
Well, fair enough but she had red pupils in the direct and not the Game and Wario pupils

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Thanks to the people and their kind words. It's a shame it ended so... unceremoniously for Ashley. But we aren't the only fanbase that got the shaft today. I lend my strength to the other deconfirmed characters as well.

If you leave now, you'll miss my beautiful Ashley poem in the Graveyard. But I understand if you don't feel like sticking around for that, haha.

It's been real. See ya for DLC/Smash 6.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
This was not a good way to end my vacation...I am actually upset, its gonna take me a bit to recover. Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Staarih

Smash Master
I became an Ashley supporter pretty late but this still stings. She wasn’t even properly shown, just appeared at the end. Oh well, my sympathies to all supporters! Hopefully Ashley will maintain the momentum she’s gained thus far.

sayaka11

Smash Rookie
Well, it's been a fun ride everyone. It was still an awesome direct to say the least. I hope having Kat and Ana missing in action means something...probably not though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Popping in to offer my condolences, Ashley fans.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Popping in to offer my condolences, Ashley fans.
Thank you, Opossum: I'm honestly happy you finally got Chrom after all this time. Ever since I saw him back in the Smash 4 days when Lucina was confirmed, I had hoped he would get another chance... someday. I'm happy to say that day has finally come, so I'm truly glad you finally got him after all this time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom