The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Ashley was like the only character I was 100% rooting for the most for this game....

I don't wanna sound too grumpy tho. Simon Belmont, K. Rool, and 3 echo fighters... Hard to say I'm disappointed, but....

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
Well even if we don't have Ashley. There is another black haired character who's game happens to be coming to the switch.....FILLIA (Skullgirls)!

Teeb147

Smash Hero
Sorry Ashley couldn't make it this time.

Still good direct... and hoping for other cute cool characters before release.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
While it may be sad that she is not in the base roster, that just means we need to try twice as hard for dlc.

We know that Sakurai has seen her popularity. He probably just had other priorities when he was deciding the base roster.

Now that he has seen all this hype and support, I’m confident that we will see our little witch as dlc. Honestly I am not concerned about that at all. We are just going to have to wait a bit longer than most. So don’t give up hope.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Man, that's too bad. The Direct was great overall, so I can't complain... but I did think she had a good chance this time. At least she'll be there to assist again!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
While it may be sad that she is not in the base roster, that just means we need to try twice as hard for dlc.

We know that Sakurai has seen her popularity. He probably just had other priorities when he was deciding the base roster.

Now that he has seen all this hype and support, I’m confident that we will see our little witch as dlc. Honestly I am not concerned about that at all. We are just going to have to wait a bit longer than most. So don’t give up hope.
Stop it. Assists are items and they'll stay that way until the next game. You know that. He won't just change an item to a character.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah.... I'm sorry this happened, everyone, as much as we wanted it to happen. While I'm happy for the Kutthroats right now especially because he helped to soften the blow here for me for how much I wanted him, I wish Ashley didn't have to go through being an Assist Trophy again.

However, I encourage you guys not to give up, especially for DLC: if we make our voices heard just as much as K. Rool's voices were heard, then we can make Ashley happen. I know some of you are feeling frustrated or even angry, but we shouldn't stop here.

Let's make Ashley the next K. Rool.

Last edited:

Sari

Smash Champion
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
First Waluigi and now Ashley. At least I still have Isabelle who is basically 99.99% confirmed based on vergeben's leaks.

I should be sad but with all of the other stuff announced like Chrom and K. Rool I can't really be all that mad. Still wish she could have made it though.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Dude brought every character back in Smash history and then some, despite the legalities and including long fan requests. Yeah your character getting deconfirmed sucks but give this clearly very tired man a break.
I honestly couldn't care less about who else is in. I'm allowed to be angry.

However, I encourage you guys not to give up, especially for DLC: if we make our voices heard just as much as K. Rool's voices were heard, then we can make Ashley happen. I know some of you are feeling frustrated or even angry, but we shouldn't stop here.
Assists. will. not. be. DLC. They're items.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My deepest condolences to all the Ashley supporters, with her Japanese popularity and Gold’s release, I’ll be a bit suprised if Sakurai didn’t atleast consider her, it must’ve hurt even more knowing the massive amount of confidence there was for her this time.

Just stay strong and know your not alone when it comes to your most wanted being deconfirmed, there’s always next Smash.

Last edited:
The direct would have been perfect if it weren't for the slap in the face that was the assist trophy.

I guess we can hope for DLC, but the dream is probably dead now.

And why did Nintendo promote Ashley so much if they're just going to do nothing with her?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I'm a hard K. Rool supporter so I'm so happy, but Ashley also was in my list. There be more chances, even if the DLC doesn't care about ATs.
We'll keep on fighting!