• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Ashley was like the only character I was 100% rooting for the most for this game....

I don't wanna sound too grumpy tho. Simon Belmont, K. Rool, and 3 echo fighters... Hard to say I'm disappointed, but....

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Man, I feel awful that it somehow didn't work out for our witch. She really seemed to have it all in her favor... well I'm still sitting here hoping for an Ashley spin-off game to happen. She deserves it!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so sorry you guys.

I really thought you guys would be heard.

All these westerns wants got in and Japan seems to have been left out.

Really thought Ashley would be that Japanese want.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My question: Why wait to show her when she already is an Assist Trophy? Why not update her or show her right off the bat?

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
Well even if we don't have Ashley. There is another black haired character who's game happens to be coming to the switch.....FILLIA (Skullgirls)!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry Ashley couldn't make it this time.

Still good direct... and hoping for other cute cool characters before release.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
While it may be sad that she is not in the base roster, that just means we need to try twice as hard for dlc.

We know that Sakurai has seen her popularity. He probably just had other priorities when he was deciding the base roster.

Now that he has seen all this hype and support, I’m confident that we will see our little witch as dlc. Honestly I am not concerned about that at all. We are just going to have to wait a bit longer than most. So don’t give up hope.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I honestly thought when dedede popped up it was over for k. Rool as well. Luckily enough it was a troll. I couldn’t take it if two of my top picks were knocked out in one video. Richter honestly fits in way better than Simon imo.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Man, that's too bad. The Direct was great overall, so I can't complain... but I did think she had a good chance this time. At least she'll be there to assist again!

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
As a Waluigi fan, i feel your pain. I extend my condolences to the Ashley crew. I was pulling for her too.

Obake

Smash Rookie
Well here's hoping for her own series in the future. You guys are awesome^^ Ashley still best witch.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
Can't even be mad tbh. 5 new chars, 103 stages, 800+ songs, SO much fanservice, etc.

Ashey being an AT hurts like a *****, but ultimate still looks amazing no less.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Shame that Ashley got assist trophied again. I'm still glad with what we have, though. My condolences to all the Ashley supporters in the thread.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, that's too bad... I was honestly thinking she'd be an AT Upgrade.

Also, please keep it civil too. We don't really need hate towards Sakurai etc. It sucks, yeah.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
While it may be sad that she is not in the base roster, that just means we need to try twice as hard for dlc.

We know that Sakurai has seen her popularity. He probably just had other priorities when he was deciding the base roster.

Now that he has seen all this hype and support, I’m confident that we will see our little witch as dlc. Honestly I am not concerned about that at all. We are just going to have to wait a bit longer than most. So don’t give up hope.
Stop it. Assists are items and they'll stay that way until the next game. You know that. He won't just change an item to a character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bittersweet direct.
I was happy to see Chrom and K. Rool, but yeah, the Ashley Disconfirmation stings.

Ah well, another day.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah, another 5 or 6 years.
Dude brought every character back in Smash history and then some, despite the legalities and including long fan requests. Yeah your character getting deconfirmed sucks but give this clearly very tired man a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

BornWinner

Smash Rookie
I think the worst part of this is that it means that this will be it for Warioware representation. I can't imagine anyone else from there being playable here. And right after Gold rekindled my love for the series.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah.... I'm sorry this happened, everyone, as much as we wanted it to happen. While I'm happy for the Kutthroats right now especially because he helped to soften the blow here for me for how much I wanted him, I wish Ashley didn't have to go through being an Assist Trophy again.

However, I encourage you guys not to give up, especially for DLC: if we make our voices heard just as much as K. Rool's voices were heard, then we can make Ashley happen. I know some of you are feeling frustrated or even angry, but we shouldn't stop here.

Let's make Ashley the next K. Rool.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
First Waluigi and now Ashley. At least I still have Isabelle who is basically 99.99% confirmed based on vergeben's leaks.

I should be sad but with all of the other stuff announced like Chrom and K. Rool I can't really be all that mad. Still wish she could have made it though.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Dude brought every character back in Smash history and then some, despite the legalities and including long fan requests. Yeah your character getting deconfirmed sucks but give this clearly very tired man a break.
I honestly couldn't care less about who else is in. I'm allowed to be angry.

However, I encourage you guys not to give up, especially for DLC: if we make our voices heard just as much as K. Rool's voices were heard, then we can make Ashley happen. I know some of you are feeling frustrated or even angry, but we shouldn't stop here.
Assists. will. not. be. DLC. They're items.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, Ashley fans. I really would've loved to see her playable. Push for DLC! There's nothing to say an assist trophy can't make it as DLC later.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I definitely felt a pang when I saw her. I know her inclusion meant a lot to many people.

I'm not sure what else to say. :(

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My deepest condolences to all the Ashley supporters, with her Japanese popularity and Gold’s release, I’ll be a bit suprised if Sakurai didn’t atleast consider her, it must’ve hurt even more knowing the massive amount of confidence there was for her this time.

Just stay strong and know your not alone when it comes to your most wanted being deconfirmed, there’s always next Smash.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Stop it. Assists are items and they'll stay that way until the next game. You know that. He won't just change an item to a character.
True. And still, this is the Ultimate version the next game's roster will have to be downsized.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, yeah, please remain civil, even if it sucks for us right now.

Please don't cause drama.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The direct would have been perfect if it weren't for the slap in the face that was the assist trophy.

I guess we can hope for DLC, but the dream is probably dead now.

And why did Nintendo promote Ashley so much if they're just going to do nothing with her?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I'm a hard K. Rool supporter so I'm so happy, but Ashley also was in my list. There be more chances, even if the DLC doesn't care about ATs.
We'll keep on fighting!

UserKev

Smash Champion
Welp. I prefer knowing her fate now than later. The direct was still awesome.
The direct was ** I was honestly hoping by the new assist trophy showcase that at least Ashley would have made it for the personal merit of all of you.

Still can't hate Sakurai tho.

Top Bottom