• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
4-Chan User: Yeah, well, If Ashley is sooo great, then why isn’t there an Ashley 2?

All Ashley fans explode as 4-Chan finally proved them wrong in a savage display of roasting.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
To me, I think Wario by himself isn't enough to represent Warioware. Even though it's got his name in it, Warioware wasn't just about Wario, it was also about all the wacky employees he had working for him. Ashley evidently has the biggest support group backing her, and I think she could represent that aspect of Warioware, especially if she could somehow utilize Mona or Orbulon or even Jimmy T. as assists somehow, maybe even during her Final Smash. Either way, here's hoping things go right on Wednesday. Sure feels like these next couple of days are gonna be the longest ones.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
The perception of Daisy is very much not helped by some of the trolls there.
Nope, they who shan't be named didn't help in the slightest. I meant to point that out as well, but you've kinda got me covered now.
EDIT: Crap. Sorry, I was NOT trying to double post there. the page was acting despondent for a moment

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So uh... is there a place I can find those icons you guys have been using? Maybe it's obvious and I'm just missing it, but still. :p

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
“Welcome to 4chan, a place where anyone who likes any likeable character is known as a (insertcharnamehere)f*g”

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
“Welcome to 4chan, a place where anyone who likes any likeable character is known as a (insertcharnamehere)f*g”
Seriously, I don’t know why these people on 4chan and gameFAQs constantly feel the need to crap on others favorites. I find it great when people support THEIR favorites even when other people are salty about it or say it’ll never happen. I mean, I still didn’t give up on Sceptile, even though people are exclusively speculating on gen 7 right now.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
View attachment 155888

Made a small mid-night edit of Ashley's screen K.O! As you can see, she isn't happy about it! Made it with Garry's Mod! Can't contain the hype!
That's really really good. Like seriously, good enough to fool people with a 'leak'

Grim Adventures of Jimmy (T.) and Ashley anyone?
I'm still awaiting the announcement that they're going to make warioware a cartoon, i would watch it :)
Hey you know I've been looking for this to, thanks ^^

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
That particular word has pretty much lost any sort of real meaning on 4chan, nobody there uses it as a legit insult by itself. It is very common there for any fandom to be called [name]***s, and it's not always meant as derogatory.

People will even call themselves [name]***s over there.

Last edited:

Euler23

Smash Cadet
There is almost no moderation at gamefaqs so it's no real suprise. Also people tend to see other characters getting in as a snub to their own wanted character, so the more likely one is to be in that they don't want, the more insecure they become and the more they lash out at the character and their fans.
Well there is some truth to that. They’ve made it clear that there’s a finite amount of roster space available (due to development resources, game balancing and franchise distribution), though this is less relevant now that post-release DLC is a thing. And a lot of the newcomer suggestions honestly feel like scraping the bottom of the barrel, which is inevitable when we already have a wide array of 65 + 3 confirmed fighters. But I don’t see the point of running down someone else’s guy or celebrating when they’re deconfirmed. Most of their fans are decent people, and my character could always be next.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I really can't wait to see what Sakurai does with Ashley's moveset. She has so much potential that I doubt it will be what we are expecting. I'm even willing to bet her up b isn't the broom (although it probably is).

Also, I better make a signature. It's the thing below your posts, right?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Quoting this from the K Rool thread. "Red and popular" sure sounds like Ashley.
And as I said there too, "red and popular" could be anyone. Incineroar is red and a popular Pokémon from the latest gen, and that's just one example.
However, as I also said there I would be incredibly happy if both Ashley and K. Rool were confirmed.

But yeah, don't trust anonymous text leaks until they start getting things right, and even then take them with a grain of salt.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Quoting this from the K Rool thread. "Red and popular" sure sounds like Ashley. I'd be set if we got a double Ashley and K Rool reveal.

But as always, never believe an anonymous text leak no matter how much you want it to be true.
Sounds too much like a fans dream roster to be honest. And i seriously doubt if we did get k rool that hed come with a stage specifically for him, and not from tropical freeze where as almost all new stages are from current games save for the likes of earthbound or games that havent had any new games. Even bowser hasnt gotten his own stage at this point, and as ive seen pointed out on resetera if there were 16 costumes/colors for each character wouldnt sakurai have mentioned that with the inkling and village character segments?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know if I've posted this yet, but have a gander at my Ashley moveset, mostly based off stuff seen in WarioWare

B- the purple bolt from Game and Wario. Charge it for a stronger attack. Charging it to long causes it to explode in Ashley's face.
B> - Red charges at the opponents. In mid-air she grabs onto him for vertical recovery. She goes into free fall afterwards. I guess this kinda fits as a Touched reference.
B^- flies up on her broom in a circular formation, ala Game & Wario. Afterwards Red turns into an umbrella and lowers her down.
Bv- faces away from the opponents for a second and flashes purple, if they attack her she spooks then with a mask, ala D.I.Y, stunning them and leaving them open for a combo.

Forward Smash -Something similar to Pikachu's forward Smash, looks like when she zapped the flower in Smooth Moves
Down Smash- slams her spell book into the ground
Up Smash- summons a throned vine that thrusts from the ground

Jabs would be her bludgeoning with her wand. Tilts would be different zaps and spells. Standard aerial would be her whipping her twintails and down-air would be Red dropping his trident down.

Final Smash has her banish the opponents to the demon dimension in the book from Game & Wario.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
And as I said there too, "red and popular" could be anyone. Incineroar is red and a popular Pokémon from the latest gen, and that's just one example.
However, as I also said there I would be incredibly happy if both Ashley and K. Rool were confirmed.

But yeah, don't trust anonymous text leaks until they start getting things right, and even then take them with a grain of salt.
Yeah, I'm not beleiving it either. It's honestly reading more like one fan's wish list as opposed to any credible information.

But even if it's true, there's still no Ashley deconfirmation as assist trophy.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Sounds too much like a fans dream roster to be honest. And i seriously doubt if we did get k rool that hed come with a stage specifically for him, and not from tropical freeze where as almost all new stages are from current games save for the likes of earthbound or games that havent had any new games. Even bowser hasnt gotten his own stage at this point
I actually wrote about this in the stage speculation thread, I think DK may have a changing stage. The main stage will be Krool’s ship, but like the Boxing Ring, it can change and become a Snowmad variation from DKCTF.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I played WarioWare Gold’s Story Mode.

It’s great, probably my favorite in the series, and takes everything the other games did and strengthens them by a lot, I highly recommend you guys play it.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus

It’s great, probably my favorite in the series, and takes everything the other games did and strengthens them by a lot, I highly recommend you guys play it.
I love it it's still as quirky as ever, makes me crave a new one for the switch so bad. Luckily golds got a lot of fun modes and unlockables to hold me over.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I love it it's still as quirky as ever, makes me crave a new one for the switch so bad. Luckily golds got a lot of fun modes and unlockables to hold me over.
My only complaint is getting all the unlocks is a bit of a coin grind. Especially if youre like me and your Capsule Machine doesn't want you to get Pumpkin Panic under any circumstances.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

The Final Boss Theme in Wario Ware Gold's story mode needs to be in Smash.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
My only complaint is getting all the unlocks is a bit of a coin grind. Especially if youre like me and your Capsule Machine doesn't want you to get Pumpkin Panic under any circumstances.
I'm enjoying it. I like how it encourages you to finish all the missions. Then again I got Pumpkin Panic pretty early.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
When you run out of collectables it also unlocks the fun card game, and even more cards to unlock lol. Personally I love when games give me new stuff constantly!

Gotta

Smash Rookie
I only ever lurk smashboards, but I just wanted to pop in to show support for Ashley! I've always liked her design and always had a soft spot for gothic/witchy characters but she never really stood out for me until recently, but now I've taken a liking to her and can definitely see her potential as a fighter with a fun cartoony magic based moveset.

With Inkling & Ridley confirmed, K. Rool and her are the only two characters I truly want to see make it into Smash as fighters, they both have a ton of things going for them this time around what with the ballot and all, but probably more so for ashley due to her relevancy and nintendo pushing her with merch. Not saying she's an absolute shoo-in but it seems to me both her and Rool have a very decent chance of making the cut. I'm having high hopes for her, you can put me in the support list! (if you're still doing that)

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I only ever lurk smashboards, but I just wanted to pop in to show support for Ashley! I've always liked her design and always had a soft spot for gothic/witchy characters but she never really stood out for me until recently, but now I've taken a liking to her and can definitely see her potential as a fighter with a fun cartoony magic based moveset.

With Inkling & Ridley confirmed, K. Rool and her are the only two characters I truly want to see make it into Smash as fighters, they both have a ton of things going for them this time around what with the ballot and all, but probably more so for ashley due to her relevancy and nintendo pushing her with merch. Not saying she's an absolute shoo-in but it seems to me both her and Rool have a very decent chance of making the cut. I'm having high hopes for her, you can put me in the support list! (if you're still doing that)
Alright! Another Ashley supporter! This Hype train has no Brakes!

Anyone else want to commit before Ashley is revealed on Wednesday? C'mon you know it's going to be Ashley!

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

Welcome aboard.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering what the Japanese fans are saying after the Direct announcement. Have we surpassed Japan in the desire for Ashley?

Sakurai made a tweet towards the Japanese fanbase. Has Sakurai ever encouraged the Japanese fanbase in particular to watch the direct through a tweet before? It's as if Sakurai is hinting to Japan "America got Ridley so now I'm going to reveal your character!"

That being said I am curious to see just how red Sakurai's eyes are. Are they that badly bloodshot or is Sakurai too self-conscious?

Welcome to the Ashley thread!

Last edited:

Anop

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY want Ashley in, can I join the support group for her? Also, I'm excited for this direct, even tho I'm scared about characters getting disconfirmed being shown as assist trophies! I have hope thoooo

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
I think the fact that Ashley wasn't shown in the Assist Trophy montage means her chances of getting in are high. I mean, why else would they omit a popular character Assist Trophy like Ashley?

I've never played a WarioWare game, but I like Ashley a lot. Sakurai could have a lot of fun making her really unique. The fact that she topped the most wanted newcomer list in Japan and that this Smash is being shown at the convenience of Japan convinces me further that it's Ashley's time to shine.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman

Sakurai is immortal and immune to sickness and disease there's no way he is referring to himself.

Actually, that's not Sakurai talking about his own appearance but, quoting someone else. Sakurai is dropping a hint! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... who else has red eyes?

ASHLEY CONFIRMED!!!
Poor Ashley she's just tired of waiting.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think the fact that Ashley wasn't shown in the Assist Trophy montage means her chances of getting in are high. I mean, why else would they omit a popular character Assist Trophy like Ashley?

I've never played a WarioWare game, but I like Ashley a lot. Sakurai could have a lot of fun making her really unique. The fact that she topped the most wanted newcomer list in Japan and that this Smash is being shown at the convenience of Japan convinces me further that it's Ashley's time to shine.
This is why I think she has a good chance. Both Ashley and Isabelle weren't revealed as assists, and I think both of them have a good chance at being made playable.

Ashley is popular in Japan, and Sakurai did seem to aim this Direct more towards the Japanese audience. Ashley could be the Japanese fanservice character much like how Ridley was the fanservice character for the West.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The assist trophy thing just means her hopes are still alive. There's several popular assist trophies that weren't shown, but there also were several that got disconfirmed right away. Wednesday really does feel like do or die though. I'm very nervous.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY want Ashley in, can I join the support group for her? Also, I'm excited for this direct, even tho I'm scared about characters getting disconfirmed being shown as assist trophies! I have hope thoooo

Whoa! Double trouble! These Ashley supporters just can't wait to board the Ashley train! Welcome aboard!

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice

Sakurai is immortal and immune to sickness and disease there's no way he is referring to himself.

Actually, that's not Sakurai talking about his own appearance but, quoting someone else. Sakurai is dropping a hint! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... who else has red eyes?

ASHLEY CONFIRMED!!!
Yes I totally agree... Ashley is the only choice that I can think of that has prominent red eyes that appeal to Japan for a smash character.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman

ASHLEY CONFIRMED!!!
If Sakurai's eyes appear to be nowhere near red in the direct I might start to wonder.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I

ASHLEY CONFIRMED!!!
I think the fact that it's scheduled to be at a more manageable time for Japanese viewers is more telling considering her popularity mainly comes from Japan.

Top Bottom