• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The one day I'm away from the internet a direct gets confirmed. Alright guys. I'm nervous lol.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Out of any character that might get revealed im 100% rooting for ashley i want at least one character i really want in

Last edited:

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
Besides Ashley of course, I would love it if Masked Man (Mother 3) was playable. Not an echo of Lucas, but as a unique fighter. Using his Lightsaber/Arm Cannon/PSI and the ability to fly with his Jet Pack/Wings for his recovery would be really cool! I also wanted Paula and Kumatora but they’re in the background of Ness and Lucas’ Final Smash already (Not that they had any realistic chance in the first place).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?(I’m curious on everyone’s favorites other then Ashley who is a shoo in)
Mine is eevee in which each attack is a different eeveelution... I absolutely adore Umbreon.
: )
Pipe dream, huh? Well, Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie definitely have a chance, but it won't even feel real to me if I get either of them in Smash. I'll lose my mind with hype.

Besides Ashley of course, I would love it if Masked Man (Mother 3) was playable. Not an echo of Lucas, but as a unique fighter. Using his Lightsaber/Arm Cannon/PSI and the ability to fly with his Jet Pack/Wings for his recovery would be really cool! I also wanted Paula and Kumatora but they’re in the background of Ness and Lucas’ Final Smash already (Not that they had any realistic chance in the first place).
Heck yeah to more Mother representation. Ninten as an echo is the one I'm really vouching for, but whether it's him or Porky, Masked Man, Duster, or Giegue, I would be happy to see them put the finishing touches on the amazing fanservice that series has gotten in Smash for 20 years.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
My expectations for the Direct are low (as far as Ashley-related news), but I am hoping for the best. I want to believe.

Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?
Pipe dreams, eh? I have a few:
  • Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney (actually my most wanted, I should get around to voicing my support in his thread soon)
  • Madotsuki from Yume Nikki
  • Doom Slayer from DOOM (ideally in his classic DOOM incarnation, but I'd take DOOM IV's redesign)
  • Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica (yes, really)

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
This was a very exciting weekend. Evo's finally over and we got a lot of cool **** out of it including a very unexpected Direct announcement. I'm really excited for Wednesday. Lulz

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
  • Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney (actually my most wanted, I should get around to voicing my support in his thread soon)
Oh, now we're talkin' some real good pipe dreams. He's my most wanted too.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I mentioned this before, but my pipedream character is so pipy I don't think I'm allowed to speak his name. But for the sake of joining in, here is my pipe dream character that has nearly no chance at all.

Last edited:

Leehzart

Smash Cadet
Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?(I’m curious on everyone’s favorites other then Ashley who is a shoo in)
Mine is eevee in which each attack is a different eeveelution... I absolutely adore Umbreon.
I really want an atlus rep like jack frost

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
  • Doom Slayer from DOOM (ideally in his classic DOOM incarnation, but I'd take DOOM IV's redesign)

No lie Doomslayer is my most wanted 3rd Party Character even though I know it's never going to happen. And if Phoenix Wright can work in MvC3, he most certainly could work in Smash.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I mentioned this before, but my pipedream character is so pipy I don't think I'm allowed to speak his name. But for the sake of joining in, here is my pipe dream character that has nearly no chance at all.

delete this

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
This was a very exciting weekend. Evo's finally over and we got a lot of cool **** out of it including a very unexpected Direct announcement. I'm really excited for Wednesday. Lulz
God, was there anyone who saw a Direct announcement during EVO coming? Even if they did, was there anyone who expected it to be during Melee and not Smash 4?

I literally just got done saying I would unironically like Madoka in Smash, lol. In comparison, Goku is pretty damn sane.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

You're not alone, my dude. I would unironically be totally fine with Goku in Smash Bros.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
There's nothing quite like going to bed on page 125 and coming back from work on page 134.

Speed of Sound -> Speed of Light -> Speed of Ashley's Hype Train

StormC

Smash Hero
There's nothing quite like going to bed on page 125 and coming back from work on page 134.

Speed of Sound -> Speed of Light -> Speed of Ashley's Hype Train
Looking at your sig... K. Rool for fighter #66? :nifty:

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
You're not alone, my dude. I would unironically be totally fine with Goku in Smash Bros.
Make that three, I wouldn't mind Goku at all, and it would make the internet explode with so many mixed emotions that it would fun to see lol.
Well, my friends, we will have to deal with two slow agonizing days, but keep the hype strong!

StormC

Smash Hero
Dragon Ball is my favorite media franchise so I would be fine with Goku.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be fine with Goku but I'll survive since it's just a video game.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Amaterasu, I LOVED Okami :]

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I think they might reveal dark samus in the direct. Today’s blog post just happened to be samus for some reason.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's always possible to have more than one character reveal. There's no rule that says we only have to have one.

Ashley is shown first, and as GameXplain were predicting, a few echos could be shown off when Sakurai talks about them.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Here’s my prediction:
We get a newcomer, being Ashley, along with dark samus echo.
Several returning stages are shown.
A couple modes are shown off.
We get a look at the new donk city stage. They go in depth on the hazard toggle.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Funny observation I picked up on, when Erika Lindbeck was asked about the IMDB listing for Celica back in June she immediately responded that she didn’t record lines for her in Smash, but for Ashley she’s been asked several times on numerous occasions and hasn’t responded once... Could it be?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Funny observation I picked up on, when Erika Lindbeck was asked about the IMDB listing for Celica back in June she immediately responded that she didn’t record lines for her in Smash, but for Ashley she’s been asked several times on numerous occasions and hasn’t responded once... Could it be?
If she signed a NDA, it would make sense that she wouldn't be allowed to talk about Ashley in Smash while being able to confirm not recording lines for another character.

It's just another one of those things that point towards Ashley's chances this time.

Top Bottom