• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Taking things in a different direction, I finished Game and Wario and while the game itself was pretty disapointing, Ashley's game, er... Ashley is pretty darn good.

The tilt controls are responsive and I was able to make manoeuvres that I didn't think I could get away with.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Just unlocked Ashleys A rank Card in Warioware Gold, each rank of her card has different information, The A rank one had some cute information. Aparantly Ashley's wand she uses in Gold (not red) She calls "Ashley's Witch Stick".

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Is the Smashbros.com site not loading for anyone else? I'm getting the generic "Temporary Unavailable" browser message.

Intentional downtime because big update incoming?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Is the Smashbros.com site not loading for anyone else? I'm getting the generic "Temporary Unavailable" browser message.

Funny thing is that I’m getting it too, lol.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

Both the English and Japanese sites work for me.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Speaking of the site, I'm taking a good look at the big poster they have for the characters. They will have to rework it for any newcomers. There's not much space left for a big character like K Rool, but plenty of room for smaller characters like Ashley, Isabelle, or Geno. Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Site's working for me

Smash Direct on the 8th. Holy ****ing ****.
I had a feeling there would be one! There was no way they were going to go much longer with no information. We should at least get one or two newcomers revealed.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Oh my god, this is real! Ashley is going to get confirmed on the 8th.... Well I hope it is Ashley. :p Hang on tight, boys and girls!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My prediction is 2 newcomer reveals (Echoes not included) Ashley will start the direct with a Pokemon ending the Direct. Let's see if I'm right

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
SMASHLEY DIRECT LET'S GO.

It cannot have a character revealed. Even if it's not our beloved witch (it will be her) I think that I'll like everything that can happen. It's... almost a weird feeling after discussing, in the Brawl and Smash 4 era, why I didn't want characters.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
And it's a dedicated Smash direct too. I was doubtful that it would be, since they talked so much about the game on e3 already. I guess there are STILL more features we don't know yet. Story mode maybe....?

This is getting me hyped so much!!

Last edited:

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Oh my mother of god. Something's finally happening!! And an entire Smash focused direct? Things are going to go down. Ashley feels really likely guys oh man i'm so giddy.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There was a rumor a while back about there being a Smash Direct, although I thought it would have been in September rather than August.

My prediction is one or two characters, a few new stages, game modes, and the online service.

Fingers crossed for Ashley!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The planets are aligning, there’s a solar eclipse, it all leads up to this.

WE
CAN
DO
THIS
732D990D-993B-4270-B888-5A19155CB496.png

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Looks like Ashley won't become the #1 speculation thread after all. She just might get confirmed here.

The timing is perfect, my friends. This could be it!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
At least it's in the morning and I'll be able to see it without interruption.

We'll most likely see the new build.

Even if Ashley isn't seen, but we don't see her confirmed as assist trophy, she still has a chance. Don't get disappointed if there's no Ashley confirmation.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
It's literally 5 am in my timezone and I was about to sleep but now I'm freaking out like crazy

This is too much hype for me to take...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
At this point if Ashley were to be confirmed as an Assist now with how perfect the timing is, it would kind of feel like a massive slap across the face.

However, I’m optimistic as things are looking pretty good for us, here’s to hoping for us to reign supreme.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It is still within a week of WarioWare Gold's release in Japan and NA, so Ashley can still cash in with a reveal. Don't let us down, Sakurai! Character number 66 Ashley we all want!

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There is literally no reason to not make Ashley playable. They've been steadily building her up since Smash 4, and there has to be a reason for that.

I do expect some deconfirmations via assist trophies. Some people will be heartbroken. I just hope that Ashley isn't one of those characters destined to assist trophy limbo.

Kariocean

Smash Rookie
Yes I can actually watch this direct come on Sakurai don't let us down

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Noipoi, was that you who said you had a guy feeling about a direct/reveal coming soon? Because if so, can I please hug your gut?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
DIRECT CONFIRMED?!

Brb getting hyped through the roof right now.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The timing is right for an Ashley reveal. Gold just came out, and WarioWare is fresh on everyone's minds.

Strap in boys. The next three days are gonna be ****ing tense.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Well, Melee at EVO had a lot of surprises, the most relevant of which to this thread is the Smash Ultimate Direct announcement.

Something I want to mention to you all, before the Direct eventually happens: Even if Ashley isn't confirmed, as long as she wasn't revealed as an Assist Trophy do not lose hope.
Smash 4 had multiple confirmations that were well beyond the best possible timing for them. IIRC one vet reveal even made fun of them missing the timing.

Just because she isn't revealed in August doesn't mean she isn't in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom