• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Also, apologies for posting a second time in a row, but I have to bring this up. Just got messaged over on discord of a message from 4chan on how the reveals of news made by the Smash twitter account all relate to Ashley, even including Rodin. As quoted by the user, "the Wario overview video, the JP exclusive memory of the day being WarioWare Gold, and the Rodin assist trophy from Bayonetta (relates to "witch"), were hints to her inclusion..." Ok, this is lining up too well, and it's sorta getting a bit scary at the moment xD Keeping expectations a bit minimum, but very hype for tomorrow.
Interesting... And yes, quite scary too.
Been so anxious today, i dont think i can sleep tonite 'm'
I agree. Sakurai may be a troll, but he is a fun one, not one that desires the suffering of others.

Edit: Actually, can he even be called a troll? Online trolls kinda are associated with the idea of causing pain.
Less of a troll and more of someone who inadvertently brings the fandom mayhem lul

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I think it is very deliberate, but not malicious. Gives us stuff to talk about, that's for sure!
But he's got to be so busy with all his work on Smash, is that really how you think he gets his kicks? I can't pretend to know what's going on through his mind but i guess that's one way to relieve your stress haha

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
But he's got to be so busy with all his work on Smash, is that really how you think he gets his kicks? I can't pretend to know what's going on through his mind but i guess that's one way to relieve your stress haha
Let's not forget the time he made it seem like zero suit was not in 4, the "What's that Character" that has Pseudo Palutena, Roy hitting Roy in the Roy trailer(Yes, I am purposely wording it like this), Waluigi's assist trophy being announced with"Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! ...Which also means he’s not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.", Takamaru's assist being introduced with "I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy)", him casually dropping a pic of the day with the Rayman trophy in it hours before the trailer that introduced Robin, Lucena, and the return of Captain Falcon, the whole "I'll get my chance... another day", and as of E3, the whole "The End(Just Kidding)" bit. I think we can safely say that Sakurai loves this sort of thing.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
How many of you downloaded the Ashley Mii outfit DLC? I bought it three times, one for my Wii u, one for the 3ds and again for my NEW 3ds. Also, if anyone would like to fight me in Smash 4, just add ID Kyon9898. I have all sorts of Ashley Mii's, such as Link Ashley, Buff Ashley, Business Ashley, Kitty Ashley and more.

The Ashley combinations are high!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How many of you downloaded the Ashley Mii outfit DLC? I bought it three times, one for my Wii u, one for the 3ds and again for my NEW 3ds. Also, if anyone would like to fight me in Smash 4, just add ID Kyon9898. I have all sorts of Ashley Mii's, such as Link Ashley, Buff Ashley, Business Ashley, Kitty Ashley and more.

I didn't buy any mii outfits. Just characters and stages.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Reminder that EVO's Smash Ultimate exhibitions start at 6 PM US Pacific time.

I doubt there'll be a reveal or anything, but I have a gut feeling that it'll be a new build with new ATs for us to have heart attacks over. Even if not, it's still more Smash Ultimate gameplay.

I bought it for my Wii U and 3DS. And, uh, I only used it for two Mii Fighters; one based on the official Ashley Mii and one based on an Ashley Mii a friend made.
You're a dedicated Ashley Mii Fighter player, lol.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

Here's Tonights "Leak.", Evo Build it states. I'm ready for you all to tear it apart, however, credit to where it's due, I've never seen this Ashley render before so props.

And I've looked up Ashley fan art across all websites, image searches, etc for nearly 10 years now. Not once have I seen this.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

Sadly, I never got any of the DLC for Smash 4.. Heck, I love Breath of the Wild to death and never got any for it either! I don't even own a Switch yet but I plan to later this year. If Ashley ends up being DLC exclusive for Ultimate, that'll seriously be the 1st DLC I'll ever buy.

What can I say? Guess you can call me old school but the whole practice of dlc still bothers me~

StormC

Smash Hero
It's probably fanmade specifically for this leak which is why it looks awful.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Here's Tonights "Leak.", Evo Build it states. I'm ready for you all to tear it apart, however, credit to where it's due, I've never seen this Ashley render before so props.

And I've looked up Ashley fan art across all websites, image searches, etc for nearly 10 years now. Not once have I seen this.
Got a link to the thread?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

I swear to gawd Kyon if that leak is real you just won the internet~
Ashley is looking as surly as ever here; she means business!

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

Not really worth trying to debunk this, I feel. Within 24 hours we will definitely know whether it's fake or not.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice

At first i didn't quite care for the Mii outfits. I only bought the characters and stages, but later on I did and ended up liking them a lot. I personally love the Mii Fighters

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Even if that render is new, I can't help but feel like it really, really doesn't mesh with the rest of the renders. The style clashes a lot.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Honestly on its own that model looks pretty nice, but yeah compared to any of the other actual renders it just isn’t up to par. Always appreciate the leaks that have actual effort put into them, though.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Something about the detailing of the eyes and face is really throwing me off. It doesn't match the quality of the rest of the characters.

And if somebody's trying to sneakily post a pic to leak, I don't think there would be anybody else in there with them and moving the controller around like how you see a faded Ganondorf in the picture.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice

It's a really good render but it doesn't match up with the style of the other characters. Gotta give credit where it's due tho.
Anyone remember the Rayman leak?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Only thing I can really say is that, at a glance, this doesn't look bad. Though I really question why anyone would go through the trouble of making a render when it's going to be confirmed fake in just a few hours.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's a really good render but it doesn't match up with the style of the other characters. Gotta give credit where it's due tho.
Anyone remember the Rayman leak?
I don't think anyone will ever forget. This one is not on that level tho. I can appreciate when someone puts more effort into this sort of thing, but the Rayman leak went above and beyond. Also, that Rayman render matched Smash 4's renders very well, while this one has some problems.

Edit: But I think we can all agree that we want to see that full render no matter what happens. Any good 3D Ashley render is welcome.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, her eyes look wonky and I question the decision to include Ashley in the build but not Wario.

Not that I wouldn't be super hyped, though!
Not that I believe this leak, but Meta Knight was in the Brawl demo and Kirby wasn't.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, I just need to get this out of my head before I forget it. For a while I have been listening to more classical music, especially while on Smashboards, and I was specifically listening to the Nutcracker when something struck me in the head. When it comes to the idea of a standalone Ashley game, it needs to be weird(Her origins is and will forever be of Warioware), it needs to focus on the Ashley's mystical side, and perhaps even her desire for friendship, no matter how much she tries to hide it. And the idea of Ashley starring in her own sort of version of the Nutcracker, or heck, even Alice in Wonderland got capitalize on all of those things while giving us something rather interesting. It also kinda alludes to her Game and Wario minigame, as that had her go to another world for some strange adventure.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Render seems off compared to the rest of the cast. As much as I want it to be real, I don't believe it.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Wow I didnt realize everyone was getting all stressed about the blog update lol. I thought it was obvious we would only be getting updates on things we already new about for a while. Regarding Delfino, I really don't think Sakurai cares much about hiding returning stages. So many stages are just shown once or twice throughout the website (including final destination) that it just seems like they don't even worry about it. We could probably see Gamer any day through a random picture of the blog. Ashley would likely get a stage of her own anyway.

If you guys are willing to tighten your tin foil hats a little, one more character would make the demo css look much nicer. I'm not saying it's Ashley's spot but it is.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hi guys, I've never posted here before, but I kind of want to see Ashley make in, she would be cool.

And I just wanted to say that even of she isn't revealed in the next couple of weeks she still has a good chance. Remember, :ultgreninja: was revealed several months after X and Y came out.

Last edited:

Leehzart

Smash Cadet
Let's play a little game!!!

Try to guess whose colors are these?

I give you a hint:
3 wario characters
6 fighter characters
4 characters from the same studio but different games
2 anime characters

Have fun!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

As much as I want this to be true, it's most likely fake. The render seems a little off.

But the fact that Ashley is included in all of these leaks seems to indicate that at least there's strong demand for her.

I guess we'll find out today if there are any reveals or not.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Her eyes have too much of an anime vibe to the rest of the cast. Looks like the art style used in anime such as Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha.

Edit: Now that I mention it, her render doesn't even look 3d to me.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It is going to be a very interesting night. I am not expecting anything, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I've never posted here before, but I kind of want to see Ashley make in, she would be cool.

And I just wanted to say that even of she isn't revealed in the next couple of weeks she still has a good chance. Remember, :ultgreninja: was revealed several months after X and Y came out.
Awww yeah another supporter! Welcome aboard the Ashley Hype train!

Top Bottom