• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I kinda figured her final smash could be Ashley casting people into her book where she is extremely powerful, using those blue orb powerups to wreck havoc on the people caught in her final smash.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I kinda figured her final smash could be Ashley casting people into her book where she is extremely powerful, using those blue orb powerups to wreck havoc on the people caught in her final smash.
I was mostly joking with the "granting kids to hell" thing. It still cracks me up.

I could see either an eldritch abomination summoning or a spellbook Final Smash working. The Final Smashes are obviously more cinematic this time around, and both of those ideas have the potential to be incredibly flashy, and get back to the action within a few seconds.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
In that case, I suggest trapping people into the spell book with the eldritch abomination, instantly killing people above 100% like Bayo's Gomorrah or Zelda's Triforce seal.

Ashley closing the book at the end would be the finishing touch for the FS.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
To support this rumor, I thought this was an interesting read:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...east-half-dozen-characters-still-be-revealed/

Furthermore, someone in the comments section of this article mentioned the following:

"I know nobody will trust this leak I'm posting but I will leave it here so when the reveals do happen I'll have it. Only 10 members of the press know this info from E3 as well.
8 brand newcomers and 3 echo fighters.
Newcomers are: Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Chorus Kids, King K. Rool, Elma from Xenoblade X, Dixie Kong (not a clone), and Ashley.
The echo fighters are Daisy, Dark Samus and Octoling.
For evidence, Ashley has yet to appear as her assist trophy from 4 in any ultimate footage show so far. Official or otherwise. This leak was also passed around at the convention the day before the direct even aired."

Now, I obviously believe all of the information above is total BS until officially confirmed, but man, that is definitely a plausible lineup of newcomers if it's true.
My take on this is that it's BS. I know that Octolings were a thing in the original Splatoon, but their role only just now got expanded upon to be similar to the Inklings. Dark Samus is also the hot new plausible Echo Fighter for a varying degree of reasons. Chorus Kids also make me tilt my head and seems like it wants to piggy back off of Gematsu. This leak is suspicious.

Looking through the guy's post history also really doesn't give me any reason to believe that they should have any reason to know such info. Maybe something to keep in mind, but several of those newcomers are ones I consider likely anyway with the only questionable ones being Simon and Chorus kids.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Unintended. Very much so.

Found an archive of a 4chan post that predates the eventhubs comment with the same info for your viewing pleasure

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/420623896/
Yeah, I have no idea why a Spanish press member would have nearly unlimited access to Smash Ultimate's development so soon after the first public reveal. Also, why every stage except specifically Hanenbow and Miiverse? Those are two of the stages I'm on the edge of my seat for confirmation of. What can I say? I'm a sucker for obscure/historical representation...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, I have no idea why a Spanish press member would have nearly unlimited access to Smash Ultimate's development so soon after the first public reveal. Also, why every stage except specifically Hanenbow and Miiverse? Those are two of the stages I'm on the edge of my seat for confirmation of. What can I say? I'm a sucker for obscure/historical representation...
This rumor is easily proven fake by how the rows to the roster will likely be in multiples of 12. There are 76 total characters on this roster. Subtract two of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (they share a slot), subtract two Mii Fighters (they share a slot), and add random. That comes out to 73. We already know the random select for Ultimate is just a normal box. I also highly doubt we will not be receiving a Pokemon newcomer.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
This rumor is easily proven fake by how the rows to the roster will likely be in multiples of 12. There are 76 total characters on this roster. Subtract two of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (they share a slot), subtract two Mii Fighters (they share a slot), and add random. That comes out to 73. We already know the random select for Ultimate is just a normal box. I also highly doubt we will not be receiving a Pokemon newcomer.
I'm sorry friend but your notion doesn't prove anything. We don't know how the roster will be set up or if it'll follow any pattern. Now I'm not saying the leak is legit, but I wouldn't mark it out of the realm of possibility. Honestly though I hope we don't get a new pokemon newcomer, I'd much rather see other franchises get more love....such as warioware.

Iustinus Tempus

Smash Rookie

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm sorry friend but your notion doesn't prove anything. We don't know how the roster will be set up or if it'll follow any pattern. Now I'm not saying the leak is legit, but I wouldn't mark it out of the realm of possibility. Honestly though I hope we don't get a new pokemon newcomer, I'd much rather see other franchises get more love....such as warioware.
Thinking a rumor is real just because it has characters you like on it, is not sound. I personally think we will know Ashley's fate in Ultimate in time for WarioWare Gold's release on August 3rd. If there is a 3DS focused Direct (since 3DS software was absent from E3), that would bode well for a character like Ashley (or a Pokemon newcomer, or possibly the Chorus Kids if Sakurai chooses to revisit them).

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was reading through that and an apparent playtester said this:

-Ashley
People, are gonna be pissed as [****]. I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen, she is VERY close to being a Echo Fighter for Zelda. Her side b is the same. Her neutral b is the same but with flames. Her down b is a bouncing fireball, while her up b is a broom that explodes with fire behind it.
Okay, but having similar specials doesn't make a character an Echo Fighter unless their normals are also the same, AND they have a similar boneset.

That part is fake simply due to how poorly researched it is.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I agree whole heartedly, I was simply stating that the reverse is true too. The fact is a rumor is just that. It could be fake or it could be true, as of now we can only speculate-which brings us back to square one.
There are literally at least ten fake "leaks" posted on 4chan a week. I have seen fake leaks since the pre-Melee days. Ashley is also common on pretty divergent fake roster leaks (such as the debunked cryptic image one), so there is absolutely no reason to believe this one over any other ones.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Any leak with Ashley is welcomed in my books, haha. Not that I believe most of it; it's just pretty funny how Ashley is added for realism or something. I can dig it, I still hope we see Ashley as a newcomer, despite the leaks.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Any leak with Ashley is welcomed in my books, haha. Not that I believe most of it; it's just pretty funny how Ashley is added for realism or something. I can dig it, I still hope we see Ashley as a newcomer, despite the leaks.
I'm honestly very scared that Ashley is starting to pop up in fake leaks. XD Feels like the Chrom situation where he was so expected that everyone put him on fake leaks

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
C'mon Chrono, you know as well as I that you *cannot* predict something like a CSS based on numbers. The other game's select screens were all over the place, and can also (and have) resize the icons *just enough* to fit whatever shape they want.

Besides that, remember when the Smash 4 website "definitely" was going to fit 8 total DLC characters? Or when we thought the empty slots next to the newest character meant something?

This leak is most likely fake, yes, but not for a numbers reason.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I took the Data off of VGchartz to show the sales of the WarioWare franchise collection in physical form. What I find interesting is Touched and Smooth Moves both performed outstandingly well must be because of Ashley.

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega MicroGame$ (GBA) 2003: 1.23 mil
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (GC) 2004: 0.71 mil
WarioWare: Twisted! (GBA) 2004: 0.74 mil
WarioWare Touched! (DS) 2004: 2.30 mil (Ashley's debut)
WarioWare Smooth Moves (Wii) 2006: 2.89 mil
WarioWare Snapped (DS) 2008: N/A (DSiWare sales are not tracked)
WarioWare D.I.Y (DS) 2009: 0.59 mil
Game & Wario (Wii U) 2013: 0.25 mil

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
There are literally at least ten fake "leaks" posted on 4chan a week. I have seen fake leaks since the pre-Melee days. Ashley is also common on pretty divergent fake roster leaks (such as the debunked cryptic image one), so there is absolutely no reason to believe this one over any other ones.
No I get it, again I'm not saying I believe this leak. I've seen many a fake leak myself and this is probably no different; however until a rumor is revealed as fake, we still can't say its proven fake. I think Banjodorf does a better job of summing up what I'm trying to say.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
My apologies, I accidently made a reply using a first draft I wasnt going to send while quoting something I didn't want to.

Any way, I think the reason why Touched and Smooth Moves sold exceedingly well was because they were launch window titles for the DS and Wii. And we know how popular those systems were at the time.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
My apologies, I accidently made a reply using a first draft I wasnt going to send while quoting something I didn't want to.

Any way, I think the reason why Touched and Smooth Moves sold exceedingly well was because they were launch window titles for the DS and Wii. And we know how popular those systems were at the time.
My thoughts exactly. The DS and Wii were money-making machines, and Wario's already a well-known character. This is good news for us, as it means that Ashley could possibly be even more marketable than we initially thought. Like, she might not be on Hello Kitty levels of marketability, but there are a few million non-gamers/casual gamers out there already (potentially) familiar with her, on top of all the hardcore Smash fans and Japanese people who definitely know who she is.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I took the Data off of VGchartz to show the sales of the WarioWare franchise collection in physical form. What I find interesting is Touched and Smooth Moves both performed outstandingly well must be because of Ashley.

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega MicroGame$ (GBA) 2003: 1.23 mil
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (GC) 2004: 0.71 mil
WarioWare: Twisted! (GBA) 2004: 0.74 mil
WarioWare Touched! (DS) 2004: 2.30 mil (Ashley's debut)
WarioWare Smooth Moves (Wii) 2006: 2.89 mil
WarioWare Snapped (DS) 2008: N/A (DSiWare sales are not tracked)
WarioWare D.I.Y (DS) 2009: 0.59 mil
Game & Wario (Wii U) 2013: 0.25 mil
I choose to believe this theory just cause I want too.

In all seriousness, it's sad to see it sell so well and then spike downward. I hope the new 3ds one sells decently well. I know I'm getting it, so that's one sale haha.

(side note, it's my one week anniversary on SmashBoards yaay.)

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would have no interest in Warioware if it weren't my initial curiosity for Ashley. It's so weird that Wario would attract such amiable personalities to help him with his microgame business. After playing Touched, I would love if other WW characters got in (so long as Ashley gets in first).

I'll be getting Gold Day 1 too, especially if that story mode rumor is true. I think it'll reach half a million lifetime sales if they advertise it right, guarantee it will if they announce Ashley before or after it's release.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness, it's sad to see it sell so well and then spike downward. I hope the new 3ds one sells decently well. I know I'm getting it, so that's one sale haha.
D.I.Y came out towards the end of the DS lifecycle, Snapped was DSi Ware and, Game & Wario technically wasn't even a WarioWare title even though Ashley and everyone else did appear.

The 3DS does have a good install base, however, despite Reggie claiming the 3DS will continue to see support through next year people are expecting the 3DS to be dead. Games just don't sell well at the near end of a systems life-cycle.

Another thing that bothers me is WarioWare Gold did not get enough spotlight in the March 3DS direct. The general audience remembers the Splatoon DLC and of course, the Smash announcement from that direct because that's all the media would talk about. Only people who are familiar with the WarioWare series will remember WarioWare Gold is even a thing!

Currently, I think Nintendo is doing a bad job giving WW Gold good publicity. It needs a second look in a July direct! It need Ashley in Smash! And it needs WarioWare for the Switch announced to embed it into the media's minds.

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
I personally find the Spanish magazine person leak, which includes Ashley, to be the most believable of them all. The person that posted it was at least Spanish and familiar with Spanish media, at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom