• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I imagine she'd look like her design in Game and Wario, as that was her latest appearance at the time.
Maybe with the red eyes. I couldn't care less though, as long as she's in!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I imagine she'd look like her design in Game and Wario, as that was her latest appearance at the time.
Maybe with the red eyes. I couldn't care less though, as long as she's in!
This has been bugging me. Is your signature supposed to be different than the song's actual lyrics?

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Who's the magical girl living in the haunted mansion? My name will make you A'aawww in amusement!

Who's the short-tempered girl living in the haunted mansion? YOU BETTER LEARN MY NAME, FOR IT'S ASHLEY

Who's the spooky girl living in the haunted mansion? You...should learn...my name...or you will...regret it...

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Who's the magical girl living in the haunted mansion? My name will make you A'aawww in amusement!

Who's the short-tempered girl living in the haunted mansion? YOU BETTER LEARN MY NAME, FOR IT'S ASHLEY

Who's the spooky girl living in the haunted mansion? You...should learn...my name...or you will...regret it...
Whomst is the young female residing in the adjacent manor?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
2nd of August? Reveal date of Ashley? Japanese release of WarioWare Gold? Or would that be too hopeful? (I guess that will be a weird day, because they can also reveal Ashley as an assist again (or... just don't do anything with the release of WarioWare.)

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
If
2nd of August? Reveal date of Ashley? Japanese release of WarioWare Gold? Or would that be too hopeful? (I guess that will be a weird day, because they can also reveal Ashley as an assist again (or... just don't do anything with the release of WarioWare.)
If she was an assist, they would probably wait until after Gold to show her off so Smashley fans still buy her game. That's what the paranoid part of my brain says atleast...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Highly doubt that Ashley's design will be based on Gold's since Ultimate's roster was finalized in 2015. Also, I doubt they'll use the AT design since Sakurai is really good about representing characters as they're loved when turning them into actual fighters. Little Mac and especially Ridley got design overhauls from their promotions to the roster. We could have gotten an ugly modern Megaman but Sakurai knew which version the community would like. I feel like we can trust Sakurai to take the time necessary to really research and implement the best possible version of Ashley, which will probably end up being a mixture of her various designs.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I have a feeling that we will get an announcement next week. It could be at the tourney(very unlikely), or they announce a mini direct as it would be one week before WW Gold comes out in Europe. Or I am just so starved for information that I am too hopeful. :p

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Going by Nintendo's track record, my guess will be nothing. If anything, they'll show Wario's trailer on the blog and mention the game is being released that day.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I got some Ashley badges from the Badge Arcade the other day, and they have the Gold design. So, Ashley has had this new design since before Gold was even announced.

I don't know when these specific badges were added in, though.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I got some Ashley badges from the Badge Arcade the other day, and they have the Gold design. So, Ashley has had this new design since before Gold was even announced.

I don't know when these specific badges were added in, though.
Ah. Well either way, it's such a departure from her previous designs that I doubt it would be used as her design in Ultimate. To be honest, I don't know how Gold's design would work in Smash anyway. They seem incompatible.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
One interesting thing people haven't brought up much is the fact that Ashley has a Smash Tour trophy. Ashley slows down the spinner. I suppose Sakurai views Ashley as a character that uses magic to slow things down. It makes me wonder whether Sakurai chose the trophy effect first and decided Ashley was the best fit or if he wanted Ashley and gave her a suiting trophy effect that would fit the character.

But what else is interesting about Ashley being a Smash Tour trophy is if you look at some of the other characters that were selected to be Smash Tour trophies. Many of them are characters who are already assist trophies but you also see some characters such as Dixie Kong and Tetra from the forbidden 7. Black Knight, Isabelle and, Protoman who each had a Mii outfit. And Daisy who is now a playable character.

Each character chosen for those Smash Tour trophies must have a certain aspect about the character that Sakurai sees within the character to have them represent a mechanic.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
One interesting thing people haven't brought up much is the fact that Ashley has a Smash Tour trophy. Ashley slows down the spinner. I suppose Sakurai views Ashley as a character that uses magic to slow things down. It makes me wonder whether Sakurai chose the trophy effect first and decided Ashley was the best fit or if he wanted Ashley and gave her a suiting trophy effect that would fit the character.

But what else is interesting about Ashley being a Smash Tour trophy is if you look at some of the other characters that were selected to be Smash Tour trophies. Many of them are characters who are already assist trophies but you also see some characters such as Dixie Kong and Tetra from the forbidden 7. Black Knight, Isabelle and, Protoman who each had a Mii outfit. And Daisy who is now a playable character.

Each character chosen for those Smash Tour trophies must have a certain aspect about the character that Sakurai sees within the character to have them represent a mechanic.
Do we have to put on our tin foil hats now?

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, by the way, I had a dream last night that Ashley was revealed.

I know some in this thread have had that dream, but I finally had it for the first time.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

I know some in this thread have had that dream, but I finally had it for the first time.
Yep, I had one of those too. But man, I would hate to have an "Ashley is disconfirmed" nightmare.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
When things get this bad, we need some kind of information or else the thread is going to devolve into "Well Ashley's Assist model had 7 more pixels on her right hand so she'll be the 7th reveal!" and the like.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? I didn't know it was OK to ever take them off on this thread!

Awww Man! Everybody's getting Ashley dreams but me!

When things get this bad, we need some kind of information or else the thread is going to devolve into "Well Ashley's Assist model had 7 more pixels on her right hand so she'll be the 7th reveal!" and the like.
Awww yeah! Now we're cooking with Crisco! This is a juicy theory I can get behind! Sakurai has been playing 4D chess with us this whole time!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Speaking of conspiracies, I was thinking that maybe there is a real chance Ashley will get revealed at that tourney thing coming up. It's true that it's Japan only but that could be the incentive for revealing her, as Ashley is more popular in Japan as opposed to the West. Ridley was obviously for Western fans to get hyped over but it's possible, even with the reveal that everyone is returning, that Japan could use some more hype for their domestic audience. Now... K. Rool is actually the most popular newcomer in Japan but K. Rool is the most popular newcomer... everywhere. So in my mind it makes more sense to save K. Rool until closer to release that way they can generate hype behind him with all of their audiences, Japan and the West.

That said, I'm still not going to hold my breath. But a character reveal, and that character being Ashley, isn't so far-fetched. We're also dealing with a much shorter speculation period so previous waiting time rules might not exist this time.

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of conspiracies, I was thinking that maybe there is a real chance Ashley will get revealed at that tourney thing coming up. It's true that it's Japan only but that could be the incentive for revealing her, as Ashley is more popular in Japan as opposed to the West. Ridley was obviously for Western fans to get hyped over but it's possible, even with the reveal that everyone is returning, that Japan could use some more hype for their domestic audience. Now... K. Rool is actually the most popular newcomer in Japan but K. Rool is the most popular newcomer... everywhere. So in my mind it makes more sense to save K. Rool until closer to release that way they can generate hype behind him with all of their audiences, Japan and the West.

That said, I'm still going to hold my breath. But a character reveal, and that character being Ashley, isn't so far-fetched. We're also dealing with a much shorter speculation period so previous waiting time rules might not exist this time.
Yeah, I was thinking this too. Even though they haven't revealed a character at a tournament before there's no rule saying that they can't.

Besides Ashley is the Japanese character this time around sort of how Shulk was last time. If we had to wake up early for Shulk, then we might have to wake up early for Ashley.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

That said, I'm still going to hold my breath. But a character reveal, and that character being Ashley, isn't so far-fetched. We're also dealing with a much shorter speculation period so previous waiting time rules might not exist this time.
If there were to be a character reveal at this thing, Ashley would be a good one, but I'm preparing for nothing at all.

On that note, I'm curious as to how many newcomers you all think we're getting. The collective Internet seems to be preparing for REALLY low numbers, which bums me out.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
What do you mean? I didn't know it was OK to ever take them off on this thread!

Awww Man! Everybody's getting Ashley dreams but me!

Awww yeah! Now we're cooking with Crisco! This is a juicy theory I can get behind! Sakurai has been playing 4D chess with us this whole time!
Be careful you don't jinx yourself. You might that nightmare I mentioned. :p

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Tfw I agree with everything they said.

One reveal a month is what I'm betting on and apparently a bunch of "leakers" are too; that gives us 5 new characters until release. The tennis tourney is more than a month after e3, so If a character's isn't revealed there then one will at an event later this month.

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
If there were to be a character reveal at this thing, Ashley would be a good one, but I'm preparing for nothing at all.

On that note, I'm curious as to how many newcomers you all think we're getting. The collective Internet seems to be preparing for REALLY low numbers, which bums me out.
I believe at least half a dozen newcomers with maybe a couple of Echos sprinkled here and there then another half a dozen more or so for DLC. I'm sure Ashley will be in the base game. Anyone saying less is being overly pessimistic.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
So what your saying is that Witch Time 2.0 is coming

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Knowing me, it's going to be something wacky. Like waking up to see Ashley mowing my front lawn!
Having a sick af dream of Ashley getting revealed and having her mow your front lawn. Only to wake up to no Ashley reveal and having to mow your front lawn.

Someone please wake me up when she's revealed, don't bother if she isn't.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! With a name like Princess Ashley we know we've got a supporter! This Hype Train has no Brakes!
THANKK YOOU! I've been taking this day to read this lovely thread. So much to learn about Ashley and so many kind fans. This place is awesome :3

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Yo FreshlyBakedCookies, do you have a full image of that Ashley image in your signature for me? c:
Yeah, N3ON gave it too us on the previous page on this thread.
Ashley_zps0grltgdl.png

So what your saying is that Witch Time 2.0 is coming
Yep, Ashley's going to be brokenly top tier at tournaments :p
Just Kidding they'll probably give Ashley some other down special that's not a counter.

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Having a sick af dream of Ashley getting revealed and having her mow your front lawn. Only to wake up to no Ashley reveal and having to mow your front lawn.

Someone please wake me up when she's revealed, don't bother if she isn't.
We've reached the limbo stages of Ashley-ception!

THANKK YOOU! I've been taking this day to read this lovely thread. So much to learn about Ashley and so many kind fans. This place is awesome :3
Oh! you ain't seen nothing yet ;)

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Yep, Ashley's going to be brokenly top tier at tournaments :p
Nah give me that Witch Time i so want Ashley to be broken it will be glorious, the age of Ashley will begin.

Kidding aside even if Ashley was the worst character in the game it would't matter. Just getting to play as her is the dream

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I thought up another possible reveal. For some reason, a big thing among some YouTubers is that "Waluigi isn't actually an Assist, he was knocked off screen and Sakurai is just tricking us" which I don't believe. Let's blue sky it for a moment.

We see the footage from E3 of Marth knocking Waluigi offscreen. Suddenly the quality turns to that of a reveal trailer and we see Waluigi falling hard on his rear, with his tennis racket in hand. He stands up and hesitates. He looks around, clearly confused that he hasn't disappeared yet. He adjusts his cap and leaps towards Marth/the camera. "WALUIGI assists himself to battle!"

While running towards Marth, multiple Assist Trophies appear. Waluigi picks one up and tosses it at Marth's head, making it shatter. A trembling, angry-looking figure stands up and points at Waluigi. The camera zooms in and it's a furious-looking Ashley. "ASHLEY casts a spell!" and she attacks Waluigi with magic from her wand. Gameplay begins, showing both characters using Assist Trophies and popping out character after character.

The video ends with Waluigi and Marth running away from a furious Ashley who is holding an empty Assist Trophy, implying she'll shove them both inside of it.

Top Bottom