• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
They should have just shot us in the heart day one and not let our imaginations go over our heads.
I believe it's a good thing this happened. I highly doubt Ashley would've ever been this popular if she was revealed then. Anyways, it was fun speculating for the last 100 pages or so. I had a good time at least.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
If I had to guess, they just haven't put her up yet since this information came out not too long ago and will be added later, honestly, as much as I want this to be a fake-out by Sakurai.
Yeah, but many of the others did get put up, including Zero, Shovel Knight, Klap Trap, Nikki, Chef Kawasaki, Kapp'n, Gray Fox, the Moon, and Rathalos... It is certainly eyebrow raising to say the least. Guess I'll wait a couple weeks before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I believe it's a good thing this happened. I highly doubt Ashley would've ever been this popular if she was revealed then. Anyways, it was fun speculating for the last 100 pages or so. I had a good time at least.
I guess you're right. This thread was fun and memorable. Still can't believe I joined it in Page 3 and now we're at more than 150 and the 2nd most popular thread here. Shame it had to end this way.

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Where to bounce back? Well, for starters, we rebuild the Ashley thread. We keep it active, we keep it fun for everyone everywhere. Ashley despite all that has happened will remain our top pick~

Keep going, Ashley will follow through with us. All her fans, when Ashley falls, she'll have us to pick her back up!

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
So guys... do you trust me in continuing to support Ashley for as long as possible? I really don't think we should give up as she really has a chance for DLC: Sakurai could easily go back and look at other characters people wanted but couldn't get in beforehand due to time constraints or other reasons.
Oh hell yes. The support lives on! We never know what's gonna happen, it's Sakurai we're talking about here. So she may very well be included as a DLC.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I just hope her popularity does not die off after this Smash Game.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah let’s not have this thread fall off into obscurity guys, the amount of traction we’ve gained is incredible, let’s keep it going.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Logging in from work just to say this, I'm glad this thread didn't turn into a ****stom. Thank you for that. Now, Her hopes may be dashed for Ultimate, but I say keep vocal respectfully. Sakurai, as it is, is unpredictable. Who knows when he'll change his mind. Maybe conspiracy theories are true and it's a ruse. Nonetheless, Always hope for the next game. Ashley's a matter of when, not a matter of if, especially if Nintendo keeps pushing her like they do.

At this point, I think Sakurai made this game unleakable. Any leak that has shown up, has been instantly listed as fake. Maybe there's hope there or maybe there's not. Either way, the Ashley train can and should keep going. As Lucina says, Hope will never die~

How do we "bounce back" from this? What is there to "bounce back" to?
As a Ridley fan, there's always a way to bounce back. Trust me.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
We need to keep this thread alive guys. We can't let our support drop off. Don't give up yet. Ashley needs as many supporters as she can get

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Why would Sakurai make an Assist Trophy a fighter? He already decided she wasn't good enough.
Now that there's noise he might reconsider. I don't think AT is a barrier at all for DLC, personally. Pokken did a similar thing with Croagunk.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Maybe it's because i'm prone to radical moods (when i'm happy i'm really happy, when i'm sad i'm really sad.), but i'm having trouble seeing the bright side on this. It sucks too, because I HATE being negative.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Maybe it's because i'm prone to radical moods (when i'm happy i'm really happy, when i'm sad i'm really sad.), but i'm having trouble seeing the bright side on this.
Of course, there really is no bright side to being disconfirmed, but we have to think positive. Ashley being shown now could mean they hear our support. If we can continue to grow and speak out, she has a great chance as DLC

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Ah, we've all been there with Smash 4. I was upset a lot, but just gotta move on and keep the ball rolling. Ashley is surely a really well-known character thanks to all of this. I'm certain Nintendo knows just how much people know and adore Asley

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Again, wait until DLC: I'm sure there will be a way for Sakurai to hear us out, especially if he opens up a new ballot specifically for DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, don't do what Waluigi fans did and send Sakurai's twitter hate messages. That's a sure way to ensure your character never gets in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I'd vote for Ashley for the next ballot and I hope it doesn't hinder other peoples votes cause she's an assist.
It will. That's how it was in Smash 4, that's how it'll be here. But hopefully it doesn't stop too many people from voting for her.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Yikes, I'm pretty sorry for you. Following the journey of K. Rool getting in, the Mii costume he got was viewed as a heart-annihilating setback as well as a sort of uplifting recognition...

I hope your community continues to make the right choice with this assist trophy! Chin up, and rejoice in the idea that DLC is coming much sooner than K. Rool's previous chances when he got that Mii costume. There are folks in the "We're being ignored, just give up" camp that are partying down right now saying "Yeah we did it!" lol.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
We still have WarioWare Switch rumor to go off on, we'll get more Ashley with that! Who knows, maybe she'll get special treatment again now with Nintendo knowing just how well beloved she is, and consider her for spin-of titles.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Maybe it's because i'm prone to radical moods (when i'm happy i'm really happy, when i'm sad i'm really sad.), but i'm having trouble seeing the bright side on this. It sucks too, because I HATE being negative.
Trust me. This is the absolute weirdest I've ever felt Smash Pre-release. I've got 2 of my most wanted (Ridley and Rool) and lost my 3rd. I'm happy and disappointed and I don't like it. lulz. As Stated, this will only make us stronger. If a Ballot exists in Ultimate's future, I implore you to use as many IPs as you can and vote for our witch. She deserves to hang out with some new friends ;)

As an aside, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but she had no placard when shown on screen right? That probably annoys me more than the disconfirmation itself.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Maybe it's a good thing we won't get Ashley base game. She probably wouldn't of had fully voiced lines or any references to WarioWare Gold or potentially WarioWare switch.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Dark Samus and Chrom still made it thanks to poppularity despite having non playable roles in smash wii U, we can make it again.

As for characters going from non-playable to playable thanks to DLC in the same game being impossible, just because something hasn't happen before doesn't mean it cannot, smash has made a habit at taking assumed pattern and destroy them :
-Look at 3rd party characters,
-Capcom getting a 2nd rep with Ryu,
-Ridley,
-Little Mac making it in Wii U despite being an assist in Brawl,
-Charizard after being a pokeball pokemon in 64 & Melee.

If you give up then yeah, it sure won't happen, if you don't, then it just might. There's nothing to lose except time, time that we have in spades until Ultimate's release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom