• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link Boards Tier List... Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trying to make the lists.
We wouldn't have to remake them if you stopped closing them =(

and so to you I say... NO U. These boards were probably the best taken care of without any mods lookign in here evar. We had our own tribal hierarchy and an executioner appointed by consensus. We had no concept of ownership of land, and you come and ask us to trade what belongs to no one D:< ..or something, I think I'm off track.

NO U.

In the immortal words of Jeff Goldbloom "Life will find a way." Also "****!".

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Maybe if the community didn't throw a b****fit every time this happened, and if the mods understood what was actually going on, and not follow the rules like the bible in such a way where it conflicts with common sense, we might actually have something get done around here that was fun.

It's really sad when (and yeah, I'm going to use this as an example so **** you) a non user, such as myself has more power over what the community thinks than the mods do. The staff here, I'll admit, is generally pretty cool with a ton of stuff, so I give them that and I do respect them for that, which is why I actually like this place. But it's when the staff does not realize what I have contributed to the board, what I have done for it, the fact that I've been here longer than half of them, and they treat it like I don't exist and give us crap for things they think MIGHT happen. That's stupid.

The main problem with the list, was the fact that for most of the time, Ray_kalm had run it with his own opinions and if you take that along with his obnoxious posting and fail trolling, it creates quite a mess. I understand why the mods closed the most recent thread, because it was terrible. It had become the very thing that the rule was made for.

tl;dr the newer list sucked the staff doesn't know what they're going to do and wafflez should make this list again without the help of any whining or little complainers.

Shame on everyone, oh my god.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Maybe if the community didn't throw a b****fit every time this happened, and if the mods understood what was actually going on, and not follow the rules like the bible in such a way where it conflicts with common sense, we might actually have something get done around here that was fun.
The rules are there for a reason. It is funny how people view enforcement of the rules as being too strict. Anything less, the rules would be meaningless.
It's really sad when (and yeah, I'm going to use this as an example so **** you) a non user, such as myself has more power over what the community thinks than the mods do. The staff here, I'll admit, is generally pretty cool with a ton of stuff, so I give them that and I do respect them for that, which is why I actually like this place. But it's when the staff does not realize what I have contributed to the board, what I have done for it, the fact that I've been here longer than half of them, and they treat it like I don't exist and give us crap for things they think MIGHT happen. That's stupid.
You've been here since... December 2007? Do you have some alternate account that is much older? Regardless, your contributions will never grant you the green light to violate rules. Sorry, but you're not special.
The main problem with the list, was the fact that for most of the time, Ray_kalm had run it with his own opinions and if you take that along with his obnoxious posting and fail trolling, it creates quite a mess. I understand why the mods closed the most recent thread, because it was terrible. It had become the very thing that the rule was made for.
It was the same as the last one. They both violated the same rule.
tl;dr the newer list sucked the staff doesn't know what they're going to do and wafflez should make this list again without the help of any whining or little complainers.

Shame on everyone, oh my god.
No, just shame on the Link boards. You can whine and moan all you want. It blows my mind how you can criticize the staff for doing its job. Why have a staff at all? The Link room is not a self-governing entity. This room is subject to all of SWF's rules just like every other room. You have no "rights" here.

It used to be a self governing entity when we had no mods =P couldn't get a thread locked if we wanted it done! Aura's been around in various forms (see his sig) as our appointed executioner. He saved these boards from trolls an spam when we had no mods, and the old list while technicly maybe kind of breaking a rule if you follow it to the letter, had no complaints whatsoever, everyone loved it, infact it was the biggest thread on here and even contributed ALOT to our metagame because everyone wanted on it.

The slaying of the for fun threads is slowly killing the metagame progression of an already bottom tier character, we needed the list.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It used to be a self governing entity when we had no mods =P couldn't get a thread locked if we wanted it done! Aura's been around in various forms (see his sig) as our appointed executioner. He saved these boards from trolls an spam when we had no mods, and the old list while technicly maybe kind of breaking a rule if you follow it to the letter, had no complaints whatsoever, everyone loved it, infact it was the biggest thread on here and even contributed ALOT to our metagame because everyone wanted on it.

The slaying of the for fun threads is slowly killing the metagame progression of an already bottom tier character, we needed the list.
Actually, both the old and new lists had tons of complaints. Aura, whom you admire as the "Troll and Spam saver", isn't excluded from this, he wasn't any different from the others. He himself cried over his rank, as god tier, after I took it away.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
"Everyone loves it" is no justification. We have a rule against spam because people love to spam. Should we allow spam then? I'm not talking about junk spam that annoys everyone. Huge threads that have hundreds of fans generated pages per hour, and no one complained. Are we to just let those go because "everyone loves it"?

Rule #7 is in place because threads all about discussing other members inevitably lead to feelings being hurt, heated debates, etc. Some take longer than others, but they always do. It is a rule based on repeat experience in this community, not out of blind hatred for the Link boards.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes. I am bitter about not being on the list, so I am taking it out on all of you.

/sarcasm

*rarely (if ever) plays Link in Brawl*
If you were to follow your own moto, you would lock this thread.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
The rules are there for a reason. It is funny how people view enforcement of the rules as being too strict. Anything less, the rules would be meaningless.
It's funny because I only mentioned one rule, and to be quite honest I never said I had a problem with any of them. The thread should be a user initiated system, people should have to ASK to be put on, it should also be run by a person with an open mind and a listening ear, something Ray_Kalm wasn't. ahha I don't think you read the part where I said I liked the staff much better here than, oh, say, Gamefaqs. At least the staff here is willing to listen.

You've been here since... December 2007? Do you have some alternate account that is much older? Regardless, your contributions will never grant you the green light to violate rules. Sorry, but you're not special.
My eyes and body have been lurking and posting on this forum since 2004, and yes, to be honest it is because of me that you don't see twenty of the same threads being posted asking the same question. I hate to break it to you, but reputation and methods of chat will spread quicker and will always beat out any backbone system. I'm not trying to troll or flame you, but people learn from reading my posts, you can't learn from a locked thread.

It was the same as the last one. They both violated the same rule.
if you want to put it like that, yes, it did, but it didn't stem the problem in which the rule was created for, because everyone was happy with it and it promoted good and active gameplay.

No, just shame on the Link boards.
ahaha the link boards have enough shame, thank you very much.

You can whine and moan all you want.
sorry, but this isn't something that I'd whine about. I'd just like to have a healthy debate on this issue.

It blows my mind how you can criticize the staff for doing its job. Why have a staff at all?
I'm not , I agree with you for closing the last thread, it was the reason the rule was created, however, the first thread was not. Am I wrong in saying that the rule was created so that no one was hurt? if you check the last thread, no one WAS hurt.

The Link room is not a self-governing entity. This room is subject to all of SWF's rules just like every other room. You have no "rights" here.
ahaha again saying that the link boards are void of all rules, they're not and I don't think they should be. I have as much rights as the next member does, it's not my rights that govern this place, it's my entity and the respect the users have for me that are keeping the place clean. To a degree, yes, it is a self-governing society, because aside locking spam threads, this is a clean board that follows the rules, it's members have shaped up, something staff power will never do.

I agree, this board follows the rules etc. etc. but respect and admiration will always beat out pure strength and absolute power. That's what makes this different from the rest of the gaming communities out there, for the most part; it's users are subject to a same-level power but not a same-level mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom