• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Joe Bushman111 vs Jiano

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Good quality camcorder recordings, props to whoever did that, and fun to watch; good matches. Nonetheless, these vids make me lol @ people comparing bushman to Tipman.

Edit: and before COK freaks out on me (read: Watty), I'm not saying that bushman isn't an extremely talented Ganon, but Tipman is the only legendary Ganon.

And people don't need to whine about the match-up. I've always thought it was only marginally in Falcon's favor, but so many people have argued with me that it's even overall, but that stage is an important factor.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Great matches. I always enjoy watching your Ganon Joe. Jiano, great falcon as well. The matches were awesome to watch.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
in all honesty and with respect to Joe... I feel that he wasted almost every grab by dthrowing falcon. Uthrow gives way more opportunities, also bthrow off the level is good to start the 'tipman" edgegaurding.

Jiano, very impressive.

How did a ganon and cf make it to the finals in the first place?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Good stuff here. Grats to Jiano, good stuff Bushman as well, and match 3 was an awesome comeback.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
phanna your an as.shole
So let me get this straight: My posting that the video was well-recorded, fun to watch, and featuring great gameplay, but commenting that Tipman is the best, makes me an "*******"? The only way that would be possible is if you think Bushman is SO much better than Tipman that for someone like me to suggest otherwise makes them a complete douchebag, in which case, you are arrogant, judgemental, and wholly wrong. I appreciate your ardor for your crew, but you're overzealousness portrays you, and by association, all of COK in a poor light. Get some sportsmanship, a decent vocabulary, and maybe some insight before posting.

Drephen

Smash Master
first of all i don't represent COK, mathos does

phanna said:
I'm not saying that bushman isn't an extremely talented Ganon, but Tipman is the only legendary Ganon.
being ignorant as hell right there. If anything Eddie is the legendary gannon. By what you said, i take it as you saying that theres is no one on tipman's level. Not bushman, captain awsome, noobking, or any other gannons. So what you said was ignorant.

Besides who the hell has Tipman beat anyway? Don't say chillin cause he went marth and was ****ing around with him. Who else? hmmmm prolly just scrubs like you in florida.

Eddie has beaten tons of people on both coasts, everyone in the midwest, including azen, pc, chu and tons of big names

Joe has beaten azen, caveman, rob$, dope, tink, etc.

I never said the Joe is wayyyyyyy better than Tipman, but you said tipman was.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Tipman would have destroyed Jiano.

Like, wait.

. . . .

Obliterate, is a much better word.

Sorry, but comparing Bushman to Tipman is not allowed.

Tippy is just too good.

I mean, WAS too good.

No johns dickmunchs.

Edit: And lol @ Chillen was just messin with Tip. He beat Chillen's Fox, then Chillen counter picked Battlefield and Went Marth. I can't believe you of all people could say that.

Well, I guess Chillen was just messin with Drephy Boy at at Smash Aid 7 in the finals.

Oh,wait, that's right, I got you that win(MidEast FTW).

But yeah, I'm sure Chillen(the 2nd best Fox) was just messing around in an MLG set, where Tipman 2 stocked his Fox and then went on to 3 stock his Marth.

And might I ask who Bushman has beat? Besides some random Midwest n00b/ESE kid?

2nd Edit: And Eddie can't beat anything with Ganon anymore. Its funny that people call him the legendary Ganon.

He was legendary when everyone was horrific at this game.

And lol @ the people Eddies HAS beaten. When did he beat them? Surely not recently.

Tipman made Ganon.

Tipman = The father of Ganon

Midwest=JohnWest.

(but seriously, the MW johns like cahrahzahy)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Are there any 1v1 videos of Tipman? I'd like to see what the hype is about.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Use the search function.. ^^^

Seriously, what's with the uproar on who has the best Ganon? I'd say just look on to each of the player's fighting style.

Joe is good.
Tipman is good.
Eddie is good. But him playing as fox... not really liking that.

But personally, do you guys think these players have flaws?

petoo0

Smash Ace
If you guys want vids of Tipman go to his Ganon guide in the Ganon forums. He has vids of himself and other great Ganon at the bottom up for downloads. They pretty old but are the only thing available as far as I know other than VoD of MLGs'. However Stripes is trying to get some up so hopefully those will be up soon.

Drephen

Smash Master
DooDah read my whole post before you answer

DooDah said:
Edit: And lol @ Chillen was just messin with Tip. He beat Chillen's Fox, then Chillen counter picked Battlefield and Went Marth. I can't believe you of all people could say that.
alright i'll give ya chillin, but seriously who else besides him has he beaten? i want names

DooDah said:
And might I ask who Bushman has beat? Besides some random Midwest n00b/ESE kid?
Drephen said:
Joe has beaten azen, caveman, rob$, dope, tink, etc.
i know Joe has beaten a bunch of other good people outside the midwest like a bunch of people from FC3/6

Doodah said:
2nd Edit: And Eddie can't beat anything with Ganon anymore. Its funny that people call him the legendary Ganon.

He was legendary when everyone was horrific at this game.
DooDah said:
And lol @ the people Eddies HAS beaten. When did he beat them? Surely not recently.
DooDah said:
Tipman = The father of Ganon
Eddie invented gannon not Tipman dumb fuc.k. Anyway who has been around a decent time could tell you that. Ask Tipman yourself and he will tell you the same thing.

Sure Eddie doesnt beat too many big names nowadays but he did revolutionize gannon.

DYC

Smash Champion
in all honesty and with respect to Joe... I feel that he wasted almost every grab by dthrowing falcon. Uthrow gives way more opportunities, also bthrow off the level is good to start the 'tipman" edgegaurding.
No it doesn't. Ganon dthrow's fast fallers and tech chases with regrabs stomps or fairs. Know your matchups.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight: My posting that the video was well-recorded, fun to watch, and featuring great gameplay, but commenting that Tipman is the best, makes me an "*******"? The only way that would be possible is if you think Bushman is SO much better than Tipman that for someone like me to suggest otherwise makes them a complete douchebag, in which case, you are arrogant, judgemental, and wholly wrong. I appreciate your ardor for your crew, but you're overzealousness portrays you, and by association, all of COK in a poor light. Get some sportsmanship, a decent vocabulary, and maybe some insight before posting.
Im going to have to agree with phanna. This is one of the best written arguments/burns, I have ever read.

Drephen, I have respect for you and what you've done (ive seen your vids and some of your posts), but how do you not represent your crew?

On the other hand the matches were good. Jiano's Cfalcon was amazing and Joe had a nice one at Poke stadium, even though he lost. The double wizards foot was classic.

Drephen

Smash Master
Im going to have to agree with phanna. This is one of the best written arguments/burns, I have ever read.

Drephen, I have respect for you and what you've done (ive seen your vids and some of your posts), but how do you not represent your crew?

On the other hand the matches were good. Jiano's Cfalcon was amazing and Joe had a nice one at Poke stadium, even though he lost. The double wizards foot was classic.
i represent myself not my crew, "drephen doesn't like apples?" "that must mean all of COK hates apples!"

doesnt work like that

phanna or some other ****** always starts this **** anyway. Any vid of any gannon and its like "OMG Tipman is sooooo much better" besides just focusing on the match itself and not instantly comparing it.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
No it doesn't. Ganon dthrow's fast fallers and tech chases with regrabs stomps or fairs. Know your matchups.
Thank you for responding to my comment.

and LOL at ganon techchasing a dthrow on fastfallers. decent DI backwards and a backwards tech is not chase-able for Ganon.

Basically, I don't like to do Dthrow on fastfallers because it ultimately comes down to a guess on which way they tech. I prefer uthrow (only on open areas) because he can overb, dtilt, downb, possible regrab before they have a chance to tech. It eliminates the chance of just straight up missing like Joe did several times in that fight.

also, all the options you have with a dthrow you still have with an uthrow, its just that uthrows give ganon more time to see where they DI and tech. the main disadvantage is that the Dair is very hard to tech chase off an uthrow, and that's just a darn shame. but uthrow to overb puts the person in a similarly bad situation.

It basically comes down to a matter of play style, I prefer to play it safer because I can't read my opponent all that well when I've never played them before. Maybe that's why Joe couldn't do it so well either.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
you need to go to the ganon character specific thread and look at the ganon chain grab guide. He 0 to death cg's a falco, its awesome.

@Drephen- i guess that makes sense, i never really thought of it that way. to tell you the truth, i dont even use my crews sig either so i feel where you are coming from.

DYC

Smash Champion
LOL at ganon techchasing a dthrow on fastfallers. decent DI backwards and a backwards tech is not chase-able for Ganon.
You are operating under the assumption that ganon tech chases in the same fashion as faster characters. He does not. Ganon relies more on learning someones teching pattern and exploiting short techs via ledges.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
You are operating under the assumption that ganon tech chases in the same fashion as faster characters. He does not. Ganon relies more on learning someones teching pattern and exploiting short techs via ledges.
agreed, but some one please acknowledge that the dthrow isn't always the best option. uthrow is good if you can throw them on a platform so you can punish them after a tech or whatever and has other purposes. but overall Dthrow > uthrow

AS Money

Smash Lord
ahh its way too big for such a small sig space

i like break danceing vegita anyway

Top Bottom