• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I've just remembered that Pokémon are celebrating each pokémon gen per month from gen 8 to 1. And next month is centered around Sinnoh...

Maybe we won't get any major pokémon news till July (people will get even more tense if there's no news this month).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've just remembered that Pokémon are celebrating each pokémon gen per month from gen 8 to 1. And next month is centered around Sinnoh...

Maybe we won't get any major pokémon news till July (people will get even more tense if there's no news this month).
i suppose it would be appropriate

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Amidst everything else that's happened in the past week, this slipped under the radar:

Even swordless, it still wasn't a fair fight.

Hopefully the Smash devs wouldn't carry that over 1:1. Last thing I'd want is to cause another Smash 4 Bayo situation.

I hadn't considered that, but...maybe? I'm not sure they'd have waited until after E3 on purpose, but if something went wrong and they had to push it back a few weeks, tying it into July's Sinnoh festivities would help the Plan B feel meaningful still.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I gotta ask, how many of you will buy BDSP with how 1-1 they'll be to the originals with minimal additions?

I'm still torn mainly for the price point, cause my copy of Platinum still works fine but I could use BDSP as an excuse to use another team (though multiple save files would be nice). Plus I'm waiting for Legends Arceus to see which sinnoh mons to use now and which to save for that game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I gotta ask, how many of you will buy BDSP with how 1-1 they'll be to the originals with minimal additions?

I'm still torn mainly for the price point, cause my copy of Platinum still works fine but I could use BDSP as an excuse to use another team (though multiple save files would be nice). Plus I'm waiting for Legends Arceus to see which sinnoh mons to use now and which to save for that game.
I got pearl on preorder

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Most of the content in BDSP was going to be the same thing with a fresh coat of paint regardless. I'll probably pick it up because I mainly just want to play DP again, albeit with updated 3D graphics. Others might want more, and that's fine. I understand the orginal games were improved over time. It just doesn't matter so much to me that I'd pass on the game.

That being said, I don't have high expectations from the community. BDSP will probably be a frequent target of criticism once it's released.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I do hope that ILCA continues to improve, cause if they stay as a 2nd dev for mainline pokemon it means we could get more experimental games as time goes on from Gamefreak. Maybe not like Colosseum or XD but something at least; maybe a grander new pokemon generation (speaking of I'm curious to know how gen 9 is going) or another Legends game. I say let ILCA handle the Let's Go games if they still want to make more.

Cause I'll be honest, I think I'm starting to feel a bit of that burnout with pokemon being largely the same.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Can't say it's a priority atm. SMT V's trailer confirmed the leak's release date (2 weeks before BDSP) and mmm I'm just feeling this monster collector a lil' more.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Four days away from Sakurai Presents, which means four days from another round of Mii costumes. I figure they'll probably be mostly Bamco-related with a surprise or two from other third party companies, but I remember the Team Rocket costume that showed up in Terry's update and...let's just say I'm consciously aware of the chance of a Ball Guy costume or something like that and I don't want us to have to rely on a repeat of what happened with Heihachi's.

Meanwhile, the TCG announced an upcoming promo set called Celebrations. As a way to highlight the past 25 years, it's bringing back gimmicks from several previous TCG sets all at once, some using 'mons that weren't around at the time of their original run.

And look who's getting featured again:

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I'm strongly feeling the last fighter will be a pokémon. Whether it's from Sword & Shield or Legends Arceus.

And while I know there's never certainty, I'm still feeling strongly for it.
Sword & Shield feel like the last big switch games who've yet to get significant content in smash, while Legends Arceus I feel is in the perfect sweetspot FE Fates was for smash 4 dlc as a recent title. The pokemon from Legends Arceus are already established from previous games and it seems unlikely the starters will get anything major in the games.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Well, that was a murderers' row of Mii costumes though in reality they're probably supposed to be consolation prizes so their fans still have something. But no Pokémon costume means we're still in the running for Fighter #11.

How's everyone feeling at the moment?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One thing that I want to point out is that Sakurai said that the final character will be a while. I don't know if that means the last character will take a little longer than usual or if Sakurai was referring to the normal two to three months we have to wait. If it's the former, then that could be mean the last character is complicated or from a newer game.

I'm feeling pretty good. I don't know for sure if Zacian or Zamazenta would be chosen, but I think we're in a good position for one last first-party.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
One thing that I want to point out is that Sakurai said that the final character will be a while. I don't know if that means the last character will take a little longer than usual or if Sakurai was referring to the normal two to three months we have to wait. If it's the former, then that could be mean the last character is complicated or from a newer game.

I'm feeling pretty good. I don't know for sure if Zacian or Zamazenta would be chosen, but I think we're in a good position for one last first-party.
well you know what they say: it ain’t over till the fat jynx sings

or something like that

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I'd like to think the announcement would happen between late September & 1st half of October. Any later seems a bit much imo (also it'll increase expectations for a big finale like always, though this being the end of smash may make the salt even worse, so we gotta prepare if we do get a pokemon rep). Peculiar that they only have the Min Min amiibo to show (didn't really think Steve would be too much work).

Also, I'm gonna miss the Sakurai Presents.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd like to think the announcement would happen between late September & 1st half of October. Any later seems a bit much imo (also it'll increase expectations for a big finale like always, though this being the end of smash may make the salt even worse, so we gotta prepare if we do get a pokemon rep). Peculiar that they only have the Min Min amiibo to show (didn't really think Steve would be too much work).

Just depends on who the final character is and how much work they require. They had the deadline set for December 2021 even before COVID-19, so it's possible they anticipated some kind of extended development time for one of these characters.

I dunno. I just think it's interesting how Sakurai noted that the character would be a little while away. Last time he said that, the gap was January 2020 to June 2020. Even with the lockdowns, I feel like that was something they had planned on happening. The March Direct that announced ARMS promised a June reveal, and since they usually make and record those things a while in advance, I'd assume the jump between passes was always going to be slightly longer regardless.

Also, I'm gonna miss the Sakurai Presents.
You mean skip not miss, right? The Presents aired already.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Just depends on who the final character is and how much work they require. They had the deadline set for December 2021 even before COVID-19, so it's possible they anticipated some kind of extended development time for one of these characters.

I dunno. I just think it's interesting how Sakurai noted that the character would be a little while away. Last time he said that, the gap was January 2020 to June 2020. Even with the lockdowns, I feel like that was something they had planned on happening. The March Direct that announced ARMS promised a June reveal, and since they usually make and record those things a while in advance, I'd assume the jump between passes was always going to be slightly longer regardless.

You mean skip not miss, right? The Presents aired already.
I mean as in I'll miss them when it's all said and done. I've grown to really like watching them and it's a tad bittersweet knowing there's only 1 more.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So...another tournament just got announced. And I don't know if we should be worried or not.

A tournament featuring characters from the 2010s has finally been announced, over a year after the 2000s one. Which could be a problem, considering Sword & Shield debuted in 2019.

On one hand, we saw Sephiroth show up just a couple months after the lightweight tournament. On the other...if they have been rearranging the order these happen in behind the scenes, there's a chance this one's happening now because Fighter #11 is not a character who debuted in the 2010s. And making it weird is the fact that the first tournament after Kazuya's update is one with a theme he doesn't fit into--he's a '90s character.

What does everyone else think of this?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So...another tournament just got announced. And I don't know if we should be worried or not.

A tournament featuring characters from the 2010s has finally been announced, over a year after the 2000s one. Which could be a problem, considering Sword & Shield debuted in 2019.

On one hand, we saw Sephiroth show up just a couple months after the lightweight tournament. On the other...if they have been rearranging the order these happen in behind the scenes, there's a chance this one's happening now because Fighter #11 is not a character who debuted in the 2010s. And making it weird is the fact that the first tournament after Kazuya's update is one with a theme he doesn't fit into--he's a '90s character.

What does everyone else think of this?
I believe Sephiroth also missed the 90s event. But I wouldn't put too much thought into it anyways.

But if it did mean something, a character from the 2020s would also work.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As I've said before, I don't think we should be concerned by these tournaments. Even more so now that we've gotten Tekken after a Tekken Mii Costume. Some things might be saved for relevant content, others might not. There's not really a consistent pattern to what they hold off on and what they release prematurely.

At this point, I don't feel like there's much else to be worried about. A new Pokémon Spirit Event seems unlikely given how much time has passed since the SwSh DLC, the Mii Costumes are done until F11, and tournaments have been too unreliable to take seriously. I don't expect much to change in the time leading up to F11's reveal.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
What's everyone's expectations for mainline pokémon news in July, the month of Sinnoh?

Last edited:

zacian

Smash Apprentice
What's everyone's expectations for mainline pokémon news in July, the month of Sinnoh?
Betting there’s probably gonna be some news this month, even if it’s like very small

By the way Bidoof day is tomorrow

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so a random idea came to me while dreaming about fakemon again: what if we had regional variants as starters? not specifically variants of starters but some pokemon remade as starters. random example fire type goldeen

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
so a random idea came to me while dreaming about fakemon again: what if we had regional variants as starters? not specifically variants of starters but some pokemon remade as starters. random example fire type goldeen
That'd be very interesting to do. Though it depends on how much they're willing to try this knowing people want new mons more than anything.
But that'd be cool if they did so.

And since I've seen this character being discussed recently, what does everyone think of the champions from BotW as a 4-in-1 character? Tbh, to me it sounds kinda ridiculous and feels like it would heavily limit each character.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And since I've seen this character being discussed recently, what does everyone think of the champions from BotW as a 4-in-1 character? Tbh, to me it sounds kinda ridiculous and feels like it would heavily limit each character.
Pokémon Trainer worked out well despite each Pokémon being vastly different in size, weight, speed, power, and...pretty much everything. They don't feel anything alike, but they still function together in a way that feels natural.

I think the Champions could also work as swappable characters. Whether or not they could function as one isn't a question for me. That being said, Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard and Pyra/Mythra compliment each other very well; they make up for what the others lack and vice-versa. Sakurai will have to balance out four characters and divide skills between them as equally as possible without making them OP, and that's gonna be the hard part.

Personally, I think we're better off making then separate characters.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Pokémon Trainer worked out well despite each Pokémon being vastly different in size, weight, speed, power, and...pretty much everything. They don't feel anything alike, but they still function together in a way that feels natural.

I think the Champions could also work as swappable characters. Whether or not they could function as one isn't a question for me. That being said, Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard and Pyra/Mythra compliment each other very well; they make up for what the others lack and vice-versa. Sakurai will have to balance out four characters and divide skills between them as equally as possible without making them OP, and that's gonna be the hard part.

Personally, I think we're better off making then separate characters.
I'd also prefer them as seperate characters. I feel many are taking the quote of "it'll be a while before we reveal the last character" as a hint that the character will be complex AF & may either have an in-depth gimmick or it'll be multiple characters in one.

And if it isn't that then they'll be expecting to end on a big, hype reveal because of the longer wait.
Though I do wonder if The Game Awards is too far off to show the last dlc if it is a 3rd party.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd also prefer them as seperate characters. I feel many are taking the quote of "it'll be a while before we reveal the last character" as a hint that the character will be complex AF & may either have an in-depth gimmick or it'll be multiple characters in one.

And if it isn't that then they'll be expecting to end on a big, hype reveal because of the longer wait.
Though I do wonder if The Game Awards is too far off to show the last dlc if it is a 3rd party.
If they wait until TGAs, then yeah, I could see it being a big reveal. If it's what I expect to happen though (Sakurai Presents where Sakurai gets to reveal the last character himself), then I'm leaning toward something smaller. I know Nintendo is quirky, but I couldn't imagine them passing up an opportunity to reveal such a big character at E3. I don't expect the tradition of every batch of new characters ending on a low note to finally come to an end on F11.

I'll stick with my original prediction — if this last character takes a while, it's because the game said character comes from is new, or because the character is complex.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
If they wait until TGAs, then yeah, I could see it being a big reveal. If it's what I expect to happen though (Sakurai Presents where Sakurai gets to reveal the last character himself), then I'm leaning toward something smaller. I know Nintendo is quirky, but I couldn't imagine them passing up an opportunity to reveal such a big character at E3. I don't expect the tradition of every batch of new characters ending on a low note to finally come to an end on F11.

I'll stick with my original prediction — if this last character takes a while, it's because the game said character comes from is new, or because the character is complex.
Tbf, I think The Game Awards is just as big as e3 for potential reveals.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Tbf, I think The Game Awards is just as big as e3 for potential reveals.
That's only assuming the wait is that long though. While I do think we'll be waiting a little longer than usual, TGAs is awfully close to the deadline.

We'll see though. We just got Kazuya, so we've got some time before F11 regardless.

Top Bottom