• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I saw it too. Sucks, but I am too tired to complain, so I will just say I am severely dissapointed. What the heck Holiday titles does the Gamecube have besides it? I hope it takes the route of RE4 is released in the middle of January...But if its as far off as March...Wow. The PS3 and the XBox360 will both be released by March, so if Nintendo releases Zelda then, it will either flop or not do as well had it been released sooner.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, I read that earlier at Camp Hyrule...

-_-'

I already spat out a good paragraph there. First Rare, then Square, now Nintendo. Great. Just dandy, N. Now you and Sony are proper f**ked for this holoday season. Oh, wait, Sony DOES have RE4, but, unless Kingdom Hearts 2 crawls out on time, that's about IT. What was looking to be the one of the best holiday seasons in gaming has gradually been chipped away to be one of the blandest, unless you're looking for an XBox 360.

"Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube."

By now, everyone knows what kinda of expectations Twilight Princess is expect to meet. The way I see it, it going to have to SURPASS them now. And if that's a problem for Nintendo, they shouldn't have built up so much hype.

I feel robbed for some reason.

The PS3 MAY be released by March, but are YOU gonna spend $500 on it? Psh. I'm not. Screw that. I don't care how maticulously beautiful the graphics are. That's too much for me.

Does anyone else feel robbed, for some reason?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I don't really care, since Kingdom Hearts 2 is the only thing I currently care about.

However, since a lot of games are being deyaled out of the holiday season, this IS looking bad. Not EVERYONE can be afraid of Microsoft or Sora, can they?

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I am so disappointed...

I was expecting a November release but now they bring this up?! I had much hype, but that hype has just been killed. The Big N is lucky that I reserved that game and already put money into the game, because if I found out about this sooner, I wouldn't be interested in buying this game anymore just because of what the Big N is doing. I'm starting to lose hope in the Big N...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."-IGN

New Levels, more Depth, and Higher Quality had better be worth the wait!

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Well, I guess now I have enough money to buy an Xbox 360. I wonder what kind of dance the Microsoft reps are doing right now? I'm thinking a very gleeful sort of Irish jig.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
AGAIN?

Man is Nintendo crazy. Good thing I reserved it at EB Games. However, knowing Nintendo, they'll make Zelda THE game of the year, regardless of what the PS3 and XBox 360 have to say. Don\t lose faith people. This is just the beginning.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
I checked the IGN release dates and there isn't anything which could be called a flagship title, even if by default. There are some good games on it (such as POP3 and DDRw/Mario), but nothing that looks stellar.
I guess I'll have to now put an emphasis on getting a DS.
And no, I haven't reserved Zelda for two reasons: 1) it was (and now isn't) to be my sole GCN game on my X-mas list, 2) I have no doubt that some preorder deal will be done.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
I'm really pissed off about this delay. There is no need to fine tune the game, IMO. Just the trailers they've released are enough give you a geek-gasm. They shouldn't even be given more time, they announced a Nov. 2005 date at E3, they should stick with it. Otherwise, there was no point to reveal it at E3. They should release TP out in Nov. or atleast Dec. Then start working on SSBR and Zelda Revolution.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm can't put into words how pissed off I am right now. I was hoping to play this along side of my Xbox 360 this holiday... Looks like I'll just be doing the latter.

"Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31)."

Does that mean April at the earliest? -_-'

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
Cashed said:
I'm can't put into words how pissed off I am right now. I was hoping to play this along side of my Xbox 360 this holiday... Looks like I'll just be doing the latter.

"Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31)."

Does that mean April at the earliest? -_-'

Might be anywhere from March to April.

I honestly see no point in delaying it to perfect it. They should get working on the Revolution stuff by 2006, not still working on TP. :dizzy:

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
No, anywhere after the end of March or the beginning of April.

Quite honestly, I didn't really care enough about the game in the first place to get all excited about it. This delay means nothing to me. It's not to say I don't want to play it, I might even get a bit giddy when I'm holding it, but there's too many other games I want to play before I wanted to play the new Zelda game. I'll hold off on this game for awhile even after the late release.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
IceDrake said:
Might be anywhere from March to April.

I honestly see no point in delaying it to perfect it. They should get working on the Revolution stuff by 2006, not still working on TP. :dizzy:
You do realize they're adding more levels and such, right? They aren't just polishing it. They're adding more to the game.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah yeah, so they say. Probably adding levels they hadn't gotten around to adding yet, if they say anything else they'd be even more screwed.

So what's this say about when Revolution might get out? Is it really a good idea to be having a major title launched so close to the launch of a new console (yeah I know it's backwards compatible)? It'd seem to me this wouldn't be going down if Nintendo was even toying with a spring launch (not that I'd expect one).

BTW there are only like 3 people who work at Nintendo so all of their time is devoted to this and not SSB3!! oh no!!!!!

(and to the dude who was thinking about getting a DS, hey, they at least decided to cut its price to cushion the news about Zelda.)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, DS will drop to $130 next week. Horray, $20. Expect the Revolution to get delayed to Fall 2006 with Zelda coming out in Spring.

Osco: way to fight the 360 nintendo

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Kirby King said:
Yeah yeah, so they say. Probably adding levels they hadn't gotten around to adding yet, if they say anything else they'd be even more screwed.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I mean, it pisses me off how they say they will stick to their launch date then decide to change it all of a sudden when it's only 3 months away from release. I wanted to break something when that kind of news broke out, delaying it like that... :mad:

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you guys forgetting that you can play this on the Revolution? Tsk tsk tsk.

Anyway, I've come to expect a delay on anything and everything promised by the gaming industry. Estimated release dates are meaningless.

Dolphin/Gamecube

Smash Ace
Yeah but now we know nintendo wasn't kidding when they said out of the 3 major franchises(mario, zelda, metroid) 1 or 2 of them will be present at the revolutions launch. Since both loz:tp and the revolution are coming out in 2006, (we can't be sure about anything nintendo says) zelda will be one of those present franchises.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
Cashed said:
You do realize they're adding more levels and such, right? They aren't just polishing it. They're adding more to the game.
I know that. With my experience with Zelda games, they're never too short for me. From what I've seen of footage, it looks like enough for me to thoroughly enjoy.

This morning when I woke up and found out the game I was most anticipating was postoned for 6 months, I was really mad. But now I remember I'll have Kingdom Hearts 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 to beat and keep me occupied. As long as TP is still coming out for GC, I'll be happy. I can't wait to see how powerful the GC is when TP comes out.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Nintendo never ceases to astound. Now if it could be in a POSITIVE way...

Well, well, I'm not sure how much outrage I can voice that hasn't already been covered over this delay. Except to say that this sort of thing could really put Nintendo in the red. I mean, it has always been my opinion that the one strong foothold Nintendo had over Sony and Microsoft was the fanbase. That is, Nintendo has quite a number of buyers who have played their games since the NES, myself included, and who will continue to buy their products, albeit the worthwhile ones, over its competitors. However, this sort of delay on a very hyped game which caters to those of us who have been playing Nintendo systems for awhile is a blow to the fanbase, not anyone else. I doubt there are any people out there who have never played a Zelda game in their life are sitting in their basements about to throw their computers across the room as a result of this announcement. And as a member of that demographic, I feel unapreciated and unrespected, and as a result far less loyal or willing to give their products the benefit of the doubt. Thus, as I am not unique in my frusteration, Nintendo's numbers go down. Nice job marketing genius...
But the thing is, if this game is as good as we expect, none of this will matter. No sane gamer is going to reject a stellar game just because the company selling it has no soul. Why else has Microsoft done so well?
For my part, I'm down one of three games I was hoping to buy this year. Which in the end is probably good. I need to work on passing classes, figuring out a possible change in major, and finishing my book. So the lesson is, there's hopefully a positive result to a negative situation. Hopefully.

On a side note... what's with the sudden abundance of new folks (noobs) around here? Just kinda seems out of nowhere. Not complaining, just curious.

That's all for now folks. Sorry for the long post.

Andy

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I'm a fan of Blizzard games, so I know ALL about delays... and how they benefit the games on a critical level. Would you prefer a mediocre Zelda game?

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
The rAt said:
On a side note... what's with the sudden abundance of new folks (noobs) around here? Just kinda seems out of nowhere. Not complaining, just curious.

Rick was in Nintendo Power.

Anywho, I'm in the boat with all the people who say **** the nextgen, I'll buy TP even if it comes out a year after revolution. You know why?

Because I probably won't be able to afford it ; ;

Creature_85

Smash Lord
While I do love the idea of making the game that much better, waiting that long is going to suck.

But I do have to agree with The rAt when I say that there is a mixed blessing there, because as soon as I popped the game in I doubt I would have the ability to even attempt to leave the game unbeaten, which would be murder on my grades and personal health. Later on in the year it might not be as much of a problem.

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
Uh-oh... I hope...

Just been thinking- the trailer shows Link riding around in Hyrule Field with no real visible landmarks... will the plains of Hyrule be the next Great Sea?! Please God no!!

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
Well even still, at least it won't have the stupid wind-direction change accompanied by a song, or the annoying cyclones.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
Master Brandybuck said:
Just been thinking- the trailer shows Link riding around in Hyrule Field with no real visible landmarks... will the plains of Hyrule be the next Great Sea?! Please God no!!
Either that or Hyrule field is so big that you can be in a spot so far away the surrounding landmarks aren't visible.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I found out that Ocarina of Time was supposed to come out in Winter 97, but was pushed back to Spring 98, and eventually came out in Winter 98.

So, that game was delayed for an entire year, and it's become a classic.

I hope that Nintendo doesn't wait until Winter 96 for Twilight Princess, or they might as well make it a Revolution game...

All the same, I'm sure TP will prove to be a masterpiece. What concerns me is simply that Nintendo is falling behind in the games race.

Yea, yea, we know, Reggie: "It's all about the games."

Problem is, if you have no business, the games can't be made. :p

Since the earliest the game could be released is April 06, I hope they at least implement some friggin' voice acting of some sort, not just those little voice samples we've seen in the past.

Also, for Din's sake, let us play as Zelda for a change, at least for some part of the game, and kick some shadowy @$$, huh?

Nintendo has said that the new land of Hyrule is so friggin' big that walking across it is unrealistic.

I actually would LOVE to see this new field be as big as the Great Sea, if not, bigger. I loved the thrill of riding the waves and exploring new places, and marking them on my map. I mean, sure, getting from place to place could be a little tedious, but there were so many little things to find and do, I didn't mind. Besides, it made it more realistic: the ocean is a big place.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
The delay isn't as bad as people make it out to be, to tell you the truth it makes me happy. The delay only means that the game will be better and more detailed. Even though i am starting to get the feeling that it may become a revolution launch title..

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Doggalina said:
Hey, as long as it comes out, I'm happy. They want time to put in more levels. More levels are never a bad thing!
C'mon, that's just an excuse to have more time to get the game done. We all know they aren't really adding any new levels, merely finishing up the levels they haven't been able to finish on time yet.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
MajinLink 287 said:
C'mon, that's just an excuse to have more time to get the game done. We all know they aren't really adding any new levels, merely finishing up the levels they haven't been able to finish on time yet.
because we all know it takes 4-5 months to finish up levels thats "arn't finished". I'm sure that fixing glitches and fine tuning some levels are a part of it, but at this point what reason does nintendo have to lie?

Top Bottom