• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Red Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillindude829

Smash Master
By now, I'm sure most of the free world has heard of it. A tale so epic that no one is really even sure what happened. Rumors have been spreading like wildfire, and I've decided that it's time to clear things up.

After being traumatized by this incident, I have taken my time to recover. After several visits to a therapist, I believe I have gotten over my fear of telling the tale. So finally, over 5 long days after the event happened, it's time to get the real story.

The Legend of Red Marth

MP Jubilee V, a North Carolina "Melee Brothers" tournament, was a rousing success. Over 5,000 smashers from all corners of the world attended. Mew2King, KoreanDJ, PC Chris, Azen, Isai, Sephiroth Ken, Captain Jack, Masashi, and Aniki were all not present.

The teams tournament was widely considered the most important teams tournament in the history of Melee Brothers. However, Sav Edge and Chillindude829 (hey, that's me!) prevailed, finishing ahead of the roughly 80 million other teams. The legendary team is said to have received $100,000 each in prize money, but this large sum of cash could not prevent what happened later that night...

Despite now essentially being the best 2v2 collaboration since Dr. Dre and Tupac, Savedge and I, ever humble, decided to greatly honor two lucky Smashers by playing friendlies against them.

At this time, I ask those with a weak stomach to please stop reading. There was a photographer on hand with a 10 megapixel camera taking extremely gruesome and high-definition photos of the action, which I will share with you.

It was roughly 5 am on Sunday morning, and Savedge and I sat down to play against a couple of South Carolina smashers. Things went as expected at first, with Savedge and I dominating.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the guy playing us using Red Marth made a lame insult about Savedge's hair. The photographer captured a picture of the scene:

"HEY WHATS UP WITH YOUR HAIR MAN LOL"
note: Red Marth's teammate was not actually Chris Tucker

Now, I don't usually pay close attention to the hairstyles of my male friends, but Savedge's hair is ****ing amazing, no homo. Naturally, this fired us up. This no-name smasher was attempting to defame Savedge and I, but most importantly, Savedge's hair.

We began talking trash back to this insecure player. Surely if he would dish out such stinging words, he would be a fierce trashtalking opponent. After Savedge and I delivered burn after burn, he responded with his own sh*ttalking prowess, with gems such as "How many ***** does your mom have?"

Unable to defeat these masterfully crafted "Your mom" jokes, Savedge and I had to go a different route. As the Red Marth player switched off of Marth and took his sweet time picking his next character, Savedge remarked:

"Who are you using next, Red Marth?"

Thus it began. From that moment on, that guy would never be known as whatever his real name was, but as Red Marth. Savedge and I continued dominating in these friendlies, while feeling slightly sorry for Red Marth's teammate, a very talented Yoshi player (who looks nothing like Chris Tucker by the way).

One friendly was on Yoshi's Story. As we continued our destructive assault, Red Marth's Samus was getting hit by smash attack after smash attack. "Watch out for the tipper, Red Marth," I said, continuing in the same vein of trash talk.

Red Marth next said something slightly unexpected: "If you don't shut up, I'm gonna... jump over my teammate, and choke you with my choke cord!"

Now, I know what you're thinking: WTF is a choke cord? This was my same thought, but I was slightly wary about saying it. I mean, there was the slightest chance that Red Marth was actually serious and was going to try to choke me, so asking what a choke cord was hardly seemed like the smart thing to do.

However, I decided it would be hilarious and in retrospect I have no regrets. So, I asked him:

"What the f*ck is a choke cord?"

Then it happened: Red Marth actually pulled out his controller from the Gamecube, ran at me, and attempted to choke me, with his choke cord.

There are no pictures of this actual incident, but here's what it would have looked like if he was behind me, and I was giving him a piggy back ride, and we were both laughing about the whole thing:

Using my ninja-like reflexes, I quickly pushed him away. For a split second everyone in the room stared at Red Marth, whose fiery ambitions to choke cord me were quickly fading. Looking around at the room full of smashers who could obviously overpower him, he thought better of his idea, and plugged his controller back in.

He then sat down and we finished the match.

We 5 stocked them.

The End

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
red marth should get a choke cord seperate from a gamecube controller cord so he could continue to get 5 stocked and choke you with a different cord at the same time.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even though this thread is obviously one of the better smashboards topics in existence, I must ask:

How could you let this attempt at choke cording you pass without punishment?

I mean, I figured you'd eat him or something -__-

hova

Smash Champion
top three funniest threads ever

if this gets closed in the next 48hrs i'm going to smack someone

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I'm pretty surprised this is actually a thread.

edit : thanks to the compliment on our Yoshi player tho lol

EDIT EDIT : I noticed SOMEHOW his Smashboards account name was changed to "RedMarf" I mean, it is kinda funny, but isn't that sorta abusing mod powers or some crap? I dunno. Regardless, I'd appreciate it if whoever did that changed it back. Whatever he probably won't sign back on anyway.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty gay that a smasher has a breakdown and then chillin gets to kick him when he's down.

I'm really sorry that things turned out the way they have, but I don't think it's right that this should be publicized like this.

chillindude829

Smash Master
LMFAO

oh yeah, since he was the one who started ****, and then continued it, and then attacked me with his gamecube controller, we should all feel sorry for him. good point

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Uh, ****, because of this legnedary guy, GC controllers are now dangerous choke cords and sould be banned of tournament venues :054:

Chillin, this topic is awesome. Seriously :grin:

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Epic lulz at the piggy back ride xD. This is even better than the white background for the smashbros site meaning doc confirmed, good shiz

Prac352

Smash Lord
LMFAO

oh yeah, since he was the one who started ****, and then continued it, and then attacked me with his gamecube controller, we should all feel sorry for him. good point
I'm not saying we should all cater to him or anything. I just think the incident should be let go. He snapped, it could happen to anbody.

What's the point of this thread anyway? It all just seems terribly mean-spirited.

You honestly don't think he feels bad enough as it is?

Malk

Smash Champion
Prac, as a host of the tournament I can assure you it's not in any way a small matter. Trash talking has always been a huge fun part of this game, but physical violence can in no way be acceptable.

This thread is definitely mean-spirited, and it's meant to be. It's also hilarious. As it's meant to be. I fully support its existence.

-Kazman-

Smash Journeyman
wheres Tru=? wheres ChozenOne? wheres c-mart? foun
I'm not saying we should all cater to him or anything. I just think the incident should be let go. He snapped, it could happen to anbody.

What's the point of this thread anyway? It all just seems terribly mean-spirited.

Lol trying out for Oprah are we? lulz.

Dont ruin win threadz kid.

Knorr

Smash Ace
The worlds most beautiful animal.

I dont think Red Marth feels,

he looked pretty out of it

real doofy like... like an out of control single celled organism,

an amoeba with no purpose but to consume all that which is chillin,

a primal yet beautiful animal acting on instinct,

a bionic man with an impulse and a choke cord.

Feel sorry for this being? I think not. As Mr. David Savedgex xxxxxxxxxxx said

we are all graced with the knowledge of how to defend ourselfs should we ever encounter

another choke chord in our days.

What else is there left to do but sit back and marvel at Red Marth's supreme originality.

Even now as i recollect, i choke up a little, trying to supress the sheer elation that of which i

owe to Red Marth.

Long live Jubilee

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost pissed I slept through the incident. I was sleeping in that room when it happened.

When someone told me about it, I was like "bull****!"

Moving around in that house was pretty impossible, though, what with those 16,000,000 all entering in teams the day before...

hova

Smash Champion
as funny as chillin is

I know a lot of ******** smashers will try to make 'red marth' jokes and quickly make it old and slightly annoying

so i ask you ******** people to stop, think, and let the funny people make the jokes for you

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So that guy was the "Red Marth" . . . I thought he was just someone, high at the time, who just stumbled into the place because people was there.

Dang, maingz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom