• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think of Dixie like Bandana Waddle Dee, you have all there except 1. It bothers me, so I hope Sakurai puts her in as the roster would feel weird only having 3 out of the 4 main SNES DKC characters. I already had this feeling with Kirby all throughout Smash 4, so I hope Sakurai remedies this issue this time around.
EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now. Like, as long as they both get in, I don't care who Sakurai adds.

As for the stage thing, if anyone's worried... I mean, DK seems to have enough stages to accommodate the (hopefully) 4 DK reps, so Dix may still be in this...

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
How are people here feeling here after the Isabelle reveal? Personally I don't think it hampers her chances as an echo at all but I don't think she will be unique like Isabelle either. If she was unique I'm pretty sure she would have been revealed with K. Rool like Isabelle was revealed with Animal Crossing Switch. She wouldn't have her own trailer. I'd still be fine with her as an echo even though she really is more deserving for a unique spot than Isabelle.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
How are people here feeling here after the Isabelle reveal? Personally I don't think it hampers her chances as an echo at all but I don't think she will be unique like Isabelle either. If she was unique I'm pretty sure she would have been revealed with K. Rool like Isabelle was revealed with Animal Crossing Switch. She wouldn't have her own trailer. I'd still be fine with her as an echo even though she really is more deserving for a unique spot than Isabelle.
Yeah I really feel her not being announced alongside K.Rool means she's not getting in the base game. She could technically be DLC if they plan on announcing a new DK game next year to tie her in (ala Isabelle). If she gets in through DLC I doubt she will be an echo and be more of a Isabelle semi-clone. If she IS in the base game I feel she will be an echo and revealed ala Dark Samus...

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Well it wouldn't hurt if she was something in between, more than just an echo but maybe not 100% unique. The semi clone treatment would do her justice at least cause it keeps her in character to a decent degree. Due to her popularity and relevancy it wouldn't make sense for them not to go the extra mile with her. The echo treatment just wouldn't be enough to make it feel like how Dixie truly be in combat in my opinion.

I can't be sure about her being in at the base game but dlc is still an option which she should be popular enough to be an candidate for especially if they make her unique.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Unique characters have never been revealed together in the same trailer, I think the opposite, if she was an echo she'd be in his trailer like lucina was in robin's. And I really can't imagine a world in which isabelle can be a semi-clone but Dixie is just an echo.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The limited newcomers makes me sad, I really hope the whole only 2-3 more characters is disproven.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The limited newcomers makes me sad, I really hope the whole only 2-3 more characters is disproven.
Don’t worry, Vergeben is gonna be run down fairly quickly, considering he is saying only two left, one unique and one echo. If we get another smash direct, then everything Verge (and several other bandwagon leakers) has said will be completely inaccurate.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don’t worry, Vergeben is gonna be run down fairly quickly, considering he is saying only two left, one unique and one echo. If we get another smash direct, then everything Verge has said will be completely inaccurate.
Vergeben has only said those are the only two that all of his sources have heard about (Incineroar and Ken). He says one of his sources has said there is a second Square-Enix character (but does not know whom). My own speculation is that Incineroar and Ken are all that is left for the base roster, and that this mystery Square-Enix character is actually among the first (if not the first) DLC fighter, and this character is most likely Geno (whom is perhaps the only character Sakurai has said he wants to see playable but is not playable yet).

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Unique characters have never been revealed together in the same trailer, I think the opposite, if she was an echo she'd be in his trailer like lucina was in robin's. And I really can't imagine a world in which isabelle can be a semi-clone but Dixie is just an echo.
The same world where Sheik can be a completely unique, pulled out of thin air fighter while Ganondorf is a clone (Melee). It can happen. We just hope it doesn't.

Animal Crossing deserves two unique fighters, but the question is if Sakurai thinks DK deserves 4. We all believe the series does and that Dixie is the missing link that will pull it all together. And its worth remembering that Sakurai once felt that way too and then had to scrap her before she could ever be realized, like Roy and Mewtwo at the time. She has been revived in her series now, and Roy and Mewtwo have returned. The stage is set; old fans of Donkey Kong Country and new fans of Returns can now both reflect fondly on the ponytailed wonder. She's not niche, she's not obscure, she's not old, she has history. Most importantly she has style, something Smash always loves.

Now is the time to go back to the drawing board and put that design back together to bring it to life in the world of HD, as this is the shot she deserved back in Brawl. The fans resurrected Roy and Mewtwo from Smash purgatory. Then they went one further and revived Dixie's old enemy from the cobwebs in the back of Nintendo's IP shed.

K Rool didn't have Dixie's recency to rake in the younger demographic. He was never planned for a past Smash game. And here he is. Two fighters that shared Dixie's fate two games ago, took a mere one game to be pulled from limbo: and re-designed to boot.

DK is in the spotlight for the first time in a meaningful way. Cut veterans have all come back. Nintendo is swimming in money and acclaim on the excellent quality of Dixie's new platformer. The curtain rises.

What's stopping her now? "Box theory"? "103 Stages"? "But Vergeben..!!"?

Nintendo's last all-star (shoutout to Toad) is ready to rise again!

How do you guys like the rallying speech? This is what happens when I'm bored before bed and decide to pretend I'm a poet.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The same world where Sheik can be a completely unique, pulled out of thin air fighter while Ganondorf is a clone (Melee). It can happen. We just hope it doesn't.

Animal Crossing deserves two unique fighters, but the question is if Sakurai thinks DK deserves 4. We all believe the series does and that Dixie is the missing link that will pull it all together. And its worth remembering that Sakurai once felt that way too and then had to scrap her before she could ever be realized, like Roy and Mewtwo at the time. She has been revived in her series now, and Roy and Mewtwo have returned. The stage is set; old fans of Donkey Kong Country and new fans of Returns can now both reflect fondly on the ponytailed wonder. She's not niche, she's not obscure, she's not old, she has history. Most importantly she has style, something Smash always loves.

Now is the time to go back to the drawing board and put that design back together to bring it to life in the world of HD, as this is the shot she deserved back in Brawl. The fans resurrected Roy and Mewtwo from Smash purgatory. Then they went one further and revived Dixie's old enemy from the cobwebs in the back of Nintendo's IP shed.

K Rool didn't have Dixie's recency to rake in the younger demographic. He was never planned for a past Smash game. And here he is. Two fighters that shared Dixie's fate two games ago, took a mere one game to be pulled from limbo: and re-designed to boot.

DK is in the spotlight for the first time in a meaningful way. Cut veterans have all come back. Nintendo is swimming in money and acclaim on the excellent quality of Dixie's new platformer. The curtain rises.

What's stopping her now? "Box theory"? "103 Stages"? "But Vergeben..!!"?

Nintendo's last all-star (shoutout to Toad) is ready to rise again!

How do you guys like the rallying speech? This is what happens when I'm bored before bed and decide to pretend I'm a poet.
It was wonderful, full of encouragement and support. Empowering to the Heart which is what we need to keep our confidence going. Thank you for this message.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
It was wonderful, full of encouragement and support. Empowering to the Heart which is what we need to keep our confidence going. Thank you for this message.
Glad you enjoyed it, I get cheesy when I'm tired and sipping a few beers. But typing all of that out made me re-read my own points, and seeing them written makes me do a double take at just how ridiculously obvious she is as a choice. Forget her pedigree and her new game, forget the immense success of DKC2, forget her large fanbase and ease of inclusion, SHE LITERALLY ALMOST MADE IT BEFORE. And her situation has only improved drastically.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Glad you enjoyed it, I get cheesy when I'm tired and sipping a few beers. But typing all of that out made me re-read my own points, and seeing them written makes me do a double take at just how ridiculously obvious she is as a choice. Forget her pedigree and her new game, forget the immense success of DKC2, forget her large fanbase and ease of inclusion, SHE LITERALLY ALMOST MADE IT BEFORE. And her situation has only improved drastically.
It would be a crime if Dark Samus makes it in but Dixie Kong doesn't.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Don’t worry, Vergeben is gonna be run down fairly quickly, considering he is saying only two left, one unique and one echo. If we get another smash direct, then everything Verge (and several other bandwagon leakers) has said will be completely inaccurate.
If we get another Smash Direct, it has to have more than the last Direct because it's the grand finale at least for the base roster that is.

Crepuscular

Smash Rookie
It's honestly so frustrating that we haven't gotten Dixie yet after all this time, because it's actually robbed me of just being able to be chill and enjoy whoever the newcomers are. Like you know how after people get their top dream character they are often like "well I'm satisfied so now I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy whoever."

But Dixie is the character I've been waiting for since the days of Brawl lol. Pre-Brawl even, since as soon as Diddy got revealed I said "yeah cool obviously Diddy but why isn't Dixie with him?" The entire span between Brawl and Smash 4.....waiting for Dixie.

Now this entire 4 years beween Smash 4 and Ultimate....waiting for Dixie.

I just want to relax and never ask for anything ever again ;_;

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's honestly so frustrating that we haven't gotten Dixie yet after all this time, because it's actually robbed me of just being able to be chill and enjoy whoever the newcomers are. Like you know how after people get their top dream character they are often like "well I'm satisfied so now I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy whoever."

But Dixie is the character I've been waiting for since the days of Brawl lol. Pre-Brawl even, since as soon as Diddy got revealed I said "yeah cool obviously Diddy but why isn't Dixie with him?" The entire span between Brawl and Smash 4.....waiting for Dixie.

Now this entire 4 years beween Smash 4 and Ultimate....waiting for Dixie.

I just want to relax and never ask for anything ever again ;_;
I don't see in any universe where Metroid has more characters than Donkey Kong, it just can't happen. She has to make it this time!

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
hey can we go back to not taking shots at other franchises

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie is one of those characters who should have been in a long time ago. Ridley and K. Rool had various issues that Sakurai had to be convinced to finally make them playable after so long....but Dixie has like...none of that.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The box theory needs to die ASAP. People are treating it like the unquestionable truth.

Anyway, like Ultinarok said, Dixie has a ton of things going for her. Impressive history, respectable popularity, a solid place in the series' cast, and interesting moveset potential. I just wanna see my favorite Nintendo series completely with the 4 most important characters, and each of them unique in some form, whether Luigi, Lucas, Wolf or Isabelle-level.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The box theory needs to die ASAP. People are treating it like the unquestionable truth.

Anyway, like Ultinarok said, Dixie has a ton of things going for her. Impressive history, respectable popularity, a solid place in the series' cast, and interesting moveset potential. I just wanna see my favorite Nintendo series completely with the 4 most important characters, and each of them unique in some form, whether Luigi, Lucas, Wolf or Isabelle-level.
Same, I also really want to use her in Smash as well. When I think about how much I love playing as Diddy cause how much close he feels to the games he came from and I want to experience that same feel when using Dixie as well(an echo can't do that obviously) it feels more like they actually care about the character when they have moves incorporated from their history in games. Since they actually have played the games(especially when Diddy and Rool has abilities directly from the series) they should be able to do the same for Dixie as well.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
The Isabelle reveal / Box Thory just killed 80% of the SMASH HYPE.
that's sad.. i don't say that isabelle is an anti hype character but her reveal was kinda...underwhelming .
i supose this is me . I don't understand the hype about this character...i know it's 50%/50% with her.
You love or you hate.

the semi clone help a little bit but then BOOM Box theory.... this is not a weird theory too..i understand people who think its real
( Again i'm sure this can or can't be real. its 50-50 again)

but sometime Amazon put wrong or not ready box .
2 not so hype last reveals is not enough when you release a big direct with 5 reveal in August...
in the end, if we got only 2 more i'm happy with the roster..i loooove ridley and my boy K.ROOL is here but i repeat myself again and againd and again.

no Dixie Kong in a ultimate Nintendo all star game is blasphemous ! ( but i can see becoming real ..Sakurai didn't put many DK Content since last 2 games....)

Hey at least , it's just a rumor...and dlc. but i'm not ready to give up YET.

Dixie may be in the base game.

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
no Dixie Kong in a ultimate Nintendo all star game is blasphemous ! ( but i can see becoming real ..Sakurai didn't put many DK Content since last 2 games....)
What's even more baffling is how there's far, FAR less deserving characters in the roster than Dixie.

I was reading a post over at GameFAQS about how Dixie may be the most unfortunate character ever. Planned for Brawl, scrapped. Likely overlooked for Smash 4 due to not promoting anything. Overshadowed by K. Rool in popularity in the whole process. If she's absent once again in Smash 5... it may be time to move on hoping for her, and maybe from the series as a whole. Wanting her since Melee is a long way.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac was still sort of teased by Sakurai himself, with the Rathalos pick, so am hoping that Isaac actually gets in and puts the whole damn box theory and Vergeben bandwagonists in place.

Mr Blargh

Smash Rookie
Been browsing this thread ever since it had at least 40 pages of content. Finally decided to join the discussion.
Dixie Kong instantly got my vote when the ballot was announced. I've wanted her since Brawl and have been painstakingly waiting for it to happen.
DKC2 was my favorite game and first game I ever played when I was child. Dixie was and forever will be one of my favorite coolest video game characters that I ever had the pleasure of playing as. This whole thread has been a giant roller-coaster of emotions based on each direct, but we have to remain strong and carry on with our hopes and not feed into too many leaks or box art theories. We've probably got at least 2 more directs left with Smash content and I'm sure she's gonna show up in there somewhere.

You guys have my support now as well.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I wonder if Sakurai would really see Dixie worthy enough of being DLC.. she's "almost up there", but not quite.. (with all the requested/popular chars like Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, etc..) at least that's what it seems like to me.

They could easily come first for DLC. And would there still be room for her after? Or would they just go with 3rd parties/promotions again?

It's just weird because she was planned 2 games ago.. I don't really get why they'd just abandon her like that all this time. :/

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Sakurai would really see Dixie worthy enough of being DLC.. she's "almost up there", but not quite.. (with all the requested/popular chars like Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, etc..) at least that's what it seems like to me.

They could easily come first for DLC. And would there still be room for her after? Or would they just go with 3rd parties/promotions again?

It's just weird because she was planned 2 games ago.. I don't really get why they'd just abandon her like that all this time. :/
Right, I mean, DLC is all but confirmed at this point, there is no way Nintendo is passing the opportunity to hype up their new Online service with something as huge as Smash DLC. I really don't want to pay up again for extra post-launch characters, but it's going to be a necessary sacrifice I guess, because it's kinda clear not everyone is getting in the base game.

Even in the worst scenario, if Vergeben and the box theory are indeed correct, we can still get more characters, stages and whatnot via DLC, and Dixie would definitely be a no-brainer. Of course it would suck that only Ken and Incineroar are left and I'm eager to see those theories debunked, but if they prove to be right, it's not the end of the world like some people want to convince themselves it is.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
With how wishy washy Vergeben is being with regards to box leak I no longer believe him as in retrospect he’s always been cagey. That’s how he’s survived as a leaker. He wants it so whatever happens he can be right. Box Theory is true? Well he said it might be. Box Theory is false? Well he said he didn’t know. If you have an actual source they should be able to tell you if they’ve leaked to you the entire rest of the roster or not...

Luck and cageyness have gotten Verge this far. Luck in naming the right popular characters, cageyness in being able to disregard the ones he’s missed on, such as when he “heard” there was no DK rep.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
With how wishy washy Vergeben is being with regards to box leak I no longer believe him as in retrospect he’s always been cagey. That’s how he’s survived as a leaker. He wants it so whatever happens he can be right. Box Theory is true? Well he said it might be. Box Theory is false? Well he said he didn’t know. If you have an actual source they should be able to tell you if they’ve leaked to you the entire rest of the roster or not...

Luck and cageyness have gothen Verge this far. Luck in naming the right popular characters, cageyness in being able to disregard the ones he’s missed on, such as when he “heard” there was no DK rep.
he won't say that the box theory is real or not because he just don't know.
remember, Echo daisy-chrom-dark samus-Richter and King K.rool was not leak by him.. he didnt even know.

but he was right for veteran returning, simon belmont- ridley - isabelle.

i think he is right but just don't know everything. he got multiple sources and must find the real one .
he is the Indiana Jones of Leak and can say everything he got because he dont have just real leak.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
he won't say that the box theory is real or not because he just don't know.
remember, Echo daisy-chrom-dark samus-Richter and King K.rool was not leak by him.. he didnt even know.

but he was right for veteran returning, simon belmont- ridley - isabelle.

i think he is right but just don't know everything. he got multiple sources and must find the real one .
he is the Indiana Jones of Leak and can say everything he got because he dont have just real leak.
If your sources don’t know if there’s two more characters or five what good are they?

He successfully predicted popular old characters would return. Half the DLC for 4 ended up being popular old characters so that is in line with that. He also predicted 3 very popular characters successfully, Ridley, Simon and Isabelle. There have been false leaks that have gotten more right then him. Gematsu for instance. That one predicted oddballs even! Ones no one thought you could predict. And it was false!

If he was real he could at least commit to an answer on Box Theory. Real sources should be able to say if it means anything at all without giving away much more.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, I'm still not sure what to think of Box Theory, I won't outright dismiss it, because, well, marketing and Nintendo often make mistakes, it happens. And this one is cryptic enough to where maybe they didn't think it'd be an issue... Buuut, like everyone, I'm hoping it's wrong. However, in case it's accurate, DLC is always a thing, and Dixie would be a DLC frontrunner, mostly because if she were considered for base, I could imagine she would've been an Echo, but upon working on her more and more, the team maybe realized she really ought to be a semi-clone, like Isabelle is. And that extra bit of effort and time might just push her into DLC territory.

As long as Dixie Kong makes it in at some point, that's all we ask. If she was an Echo, she wouldn't get a CGI trailer, and if she's a DLC unique/semi-clone newcomer, she wouldn't get a CGI trailer either. So no matter what, we're getting pretty much the same thing, aside from the fact we won't be able to play as her at launch, or that she'd cost an extra penny, but a unique moveset would be worth it. If she's in the game at all, anyway.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The Isabelle reveal / Box Thory just killed 80% of the SMASH HYPE.
that's sad.. i don't say that isabelle is an anti hype character but her reveal was kinda...underwhelming .
i supose this is me . I don't understand the hype about this character...i know it's 50%/50% with her.
You love or you hate.

the semi clone help a little bit but then BOOM Box theory.... this is not a weird theory too..i understand people who think its real
( Again i'm sure this can or can't be real. its 50-50 again)

but sometime Amazon put wrong or not ready box .
2 not so hype last reveals is not enough when you release a big direct with 5 reveal in August...
in the end, if we got only 2 more i'm happy with the roster..i loooove ridley and my boy K.ROOL is here but i repeat myself again and againd and again.

Hey at least , it's just a rumor...and dlc. but i'm not ready to give up YET.

Dixie may be in the base game.
I'm happy Isabelle got in but I admit the trailer was very calm, especially compared to the massive hype of most other newcomer trailers. I guess it makes sense to have it like that; it represents the tone of Animal Crossing perfectly and this was a general Direct that reaches casual Nintendo fans.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
If your sources don’t know if there’s two more characters or five what good are they?

He successfully predicted popular old characters would return. Half the DLC for 4 ended up being popular old characters so that is in line with that. He also predicted 3 very popular characters successfully, Ridley, Simon and Isabelle. There have been false leaks that have gotten more right then him. Gematsu for instance. That one predicted oddballs even! Ones no one thought you could predict. And it was false!

If he was real he could at least commit to an answer on Box Theory. Real sources should be able to say if it means anything at all without giving away much more.
i don't understand people who said ridley is a "predictable" sakurai troll us with this one.
he told us that he is too big.. never though i see this one playable in smash.
Simon belmont...too was not a very popular pict..yeah he is popular but not a mainstream pick and dont sure he was top in ballot.

Vergeben didnt talk about box theory being false or true. I think we should not compare the two.
box theory is some fan speculation this is not vergeben idea. I just hope that coro coro 108 stages is TRUE too.
i am very happy about that becaue that change the negative "vibe" around here.

i dont want to believe VERGEBEN and the box theory . but Vergeben is more credible than box fan theory thing.

i repeat myself again. don't lose hope and wait and SEE.

( a long long long wait.... if we get nothing in october...i will be afraid

Last edited:

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
i don't understand people who said ridley is a "predictable" sakurai troll us with this one.
he told us that he is too big.. never though i see this one playable in smash.
Simon belmont...too was not a very popular pict..yeah he is popular but not a mainstream pick and dont sure he was top in ballot.

Vergeben didnt talk about box theory being false or true. I think we should not compare the two.
box theory is some fan speculation this is not vergeben idea. I just hope that coro coro 108 stages is TRUE too.
i am very happy about that becaue that change the negative "vibe" around here.

i dont want to believe VERGEBEN and the box theory . but Vergeben is more credible than box fan theory thing.

i repeat myself again. don't lose hope and wait and SEE.

( a long long long wait.... if we get nothing in october...i will be afraid
Adding to this, and this is for everyone, Verge being right doesn't mean Dixie isn't in the game. He has real sources and knows some characters, but not all of them. He was as surprised as we were when KKR, Richter, Dark Samus, Daisy, etc. were revealed, and he also said himself he does not know the full roster.

And really, the 108 stages favors Verge and the possibility of more characters than the box art theory being right.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Adding to this, and this is for everyone, Verge being right doesn't mean Dixie isn't in the game. He has real sources and knows some characters, but not all of them. He was as surprised as we were when KKR, Richter, Dark Samus, Daisy, etc. were revealed, and he also said himself he does not know the full roster.

And really, the 108 stages favors Verge and the possibility of more characters than the box art theory being right.
yep like i said in another post above :

So... Verge don't worry me but this box a little bit. Corocoro 108 stages just help me get some more hope but in the end... only time will tell.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll be preparing for the worst for the time being via treating Ken and Incineroar + SE-Rep/Geno as the final base fighters at the moment - but the Coro Coro's 108 Stages-leak keeps telling me there's probably more to come, unlike what some people don't want to believe ATM.

Personally I think that the game's not over, and I don't think it'll be allowed even such from Nintendo's marketing team - we're still under 3 months before game's release, after all.

In whole, the stage-leak still looks rather good for Dixie's chances. since Jungle Hijinx still happens to be missing - a stage from Tropical Freeze looks more than fitting to be revealed with her when the time comes.

Funny thing too, as far as I know, Echoes never were revealed with a new stage before their newcomers so far in Ultimate, so I'm feeling that unless she becomes the first exception, Dixie won't necessarily be debuting in Smash as an Echo if she's planned to be shown along with a TF-stage. Probably would feel underwhelming and even make the stage itself look more interesting than a clone of Diddy running on it.

Some food for thought.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
While I know that the convincing box theory makes me believe Dixie Kong won't join the roster, I still hope she'll eventually get in. The title of the thread truly captures why I hope for Dixie. She really is the last Nintendo all-star character that has yet to appear in Smash (and somehow we got stuff like R.O.B., Corrin, Palutena, and Richter in before Dixie, that's an outrage!). Please, add me to the supporters: I want Sakurai to know that many of us want the third Kong to be in!

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie is the only character planned since Brawl that still hasn't gotten in that is possible, besides Geno but he has rights issues.

Sakurai is known to abandon characters, what happened to the Rhythm Heaven rep that was planned for Smash U? Doesn't seem like Rhythm Heaven is getting a rep this time either. But Dixie had Tropical Freeze releasing in 2014...so....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie is the only character planned since Brawl that still hasn't gotten in that is possible, besides Geno but he has rights issues.

Sakurai is known to abandon characters, what happened to the Rhythm Heaven rep that was planned for Smash U? Doesn't seem like Rhythm Heaven is getting a rep this time either. But Dixie had Tropical Freeze releasing in 2014...so....
This is why it was so unfortunate to miss Dixie the last game. She should've easily been made playable last time. Especially if considered for Brawl. You know, Toon Zelda also never made it in, but that's far less of a deal. By the way, the redesign of Zelda what she has now still sort of represents a look in between the modern Zelda and Toon Zelda, so that coupled with the Phantom Slash still gives the character a small shout out. Dixie has nothing.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Mr Blargh Mr Blargh LoZ00 LoZ00 and Anthon1996 Anthon1996 are the newest members of the Barrel! Welcome inside; these are interesting times. We have renewed hope in a faithful Dixie moveset, an expanded focus on Donkey Kong from Nintendo, AAAaand a respectably popular thread to discuss it in. Thanks for joining!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Box theory killed most of the hype, not Isabelle, at least for Dixie fans as me, if the freaking theory comes true there's no way for her as echo. But, don't forget, it's just a theory, pretty solid, but a theory. Still to be proven or debunked with reveals or solid leaks. Personally I can't go with or against it at 100%. And, whatever, we still got the DLC and maybe she could be more unique.
I dunno. Maybe she was planned as echo semi-echo but they think about something more unique for her and left Dixie for DLC. The more pleasant fighters for the base game (The unique fighters at this date are bigger shots than Dixie) and lesser weights as echoes. I said it before, Dixie is not among the most requested characters, neither among the less ones, just in the middle. I can't think that she hasn't even considerated. But the competition for DLC could be even harder. Isaac, Shadow, Spring-Man, Banjo, Heihachi, Geno... I think that the echo bag was easier for Dixie. And still need to dodge another round of AT bullets or Diddy's final Smash. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
Vergeben has only said those are the only two that all of his sources have heard about (Incineroar and Ken). He says one of his sources has said there is a second Square-Enix character (but does not know whom). My own speculation is that Incineroar and Ken are all that is left for the base roster, and that this mystery Square-Enix character is actually among the first (if not the first) DLC fighter, and this character is most likely Geno (whom is perhaps the only character Sakurai has said he wants to see playable but is not playable yet).
He has actually said that about many characters.
Like Banjo Kazooie, who is quite similar to Geno in legacy. Except the star of his games. And, ya know, DIXIE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom