• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

D

Deleted member

I never said I had anything against them. I said I have something against playing as them.
*goes into a dixie kong support thread*

"good god I just hate playing as feeeeeemales in my precious vidya james"

like, this is the most obvious bait lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
All I know is that Dixie is not a spirit fight in World of Light, though I was able to get the Dixie wig from that mode.
That could be a good thing, actually. Maybe future DLC fighters aren't present at all in the World of Light mode. Time will tell.
Exactly what would make you think I was trolling? I don't care how good a game may have been said to be, if you're forced to play as a female, barring Touhou and Metroid, I won't even consider it. That's why I haven't played DKC3, Freedom Planet, or Portal yet (although the latter will likely become another exception). Blame my sister for this mentality.
And to make things worse you are a Touhou fan.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Exactly what would make you think I was trolling? I don't care how good a game may have been said to be, if you're forced to play as a female, barring Touhou and Metroid, I won't even consider it. That's why I haven't played DKC3.
Bruh just play as Kiddy Kong then :joyful:
Seriously tho, yeah, you are a sexist. You should really look into why you feel this way and how you can go about fixing it because it's not cool. Trying to help you here.

StormC

Smash Hero
Anyway, there's a Create A Classic thread for your favorite character, so I tried my hand at Dixie (read: I came up with this in 2 minutes):

Dixie Kong: Third Time's The Charm

Theme: Fighting characters who have a significant role in the third game of their home series, a la her starring role in DKC3.

Round 1: Koopalings (villains introduced in Super Mario Bros. 3)
Round 2: Dark Samus (main villain of the third Prime)
Round 3: Zelda (her design being from the third entry in the series)
Round 4: Alph (playable character introduced in Pikmin 3)
Round 5: Wario (protagonist of Super Mario Land 3 and his playable debut)
Round 6: Lucas (protagonist of Mother 3)
Round 7: Bonus game
Round 8: Marx (final boss of Sakurai's third Kirby game)

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually, Superstar is the 4th game unless you are saying Sakurai didn't direct Adventure or Dream Land 2 which, I don't know if he did or not.
Sakurai directed Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride.

Oh, another idea: a Ryu/Ken battle since they were the only returning characters to (vanilla) Street Fighter III.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Kirby 64 is my personal favorite. Very relaxing game to 100% complete, since most of the locks behind the crystal shards are color coded behind the combination of powers you need. I love its music the most. Unlike most of the main series follow ups to Kirby Super Star, it stands on it's own and doesn't seem like it's yet another (comfy and fun, still) retread of either Adventure or Super Star.

Coincidentally, Bandana Waddle Dee and Adeleine are my personal most wanted new Kirby newcomers.

---

Anyway, I had an idea for a gimmick Dixie Kong's hover in Smash Ultimate, where before using her double jump her nair, fair, and bair are all Dixie swinging her ponytail and hovering down to the ground (like how Mega Man's jab, forward tilt, and nair all shoot his pellets). This mimics pressing the roll / attack button in DKC2 and 3 to hover, while giving her a good multi-hit aerial tool. Something kinda sorta similar already exists in a nascent form with Fox's fair, which is a small hover as well. When floating this way, Dixie has good horizontal momentum.

Dixie's double jump is the rise-then-hover move she has from Tropical Freeze, which you can hold down for decreased horizontal momentum (to differentiate her float from Peach / Daisy) but more time in the air comparatively. It doesn't go as high as her initial jump. In this state, she has normal kicks like Diddy for her fair and bair. In other words, Dixie has 7 aerials, like how Bowser Jr. has a 6th after he uses his recovery special.

As for her actual recovery special, she could use her animation when swimming in Tropical Freeze where she spins her ponytail like a torpedo, as a small vertical recovery that can still hit hard.

Basically, like in DKC2, Dixie would have lower jumps but better horizontal reach, while Diddy still jumps higher and runs faster (and Diddy's Rocketbarrel Boost means he has a better vertical recovery move than Dixie, but far riskier horizontal recovery).

So that's my idea for a way to make Dixie feel unique and true to herself while still having her weaknesses.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I have to admit that I'm really enjoying spirits mode atm, but I don't know where to find the Dixie Kong spirit, didn't find anything on YouTube or with google. Can someone help me out please?
That's weird. She doesn't even get to be a part of the story mode?
I've gotten 100% in adventure and can confirm there is no Dixie Kong fight in it. The Dixie Kong spirit can only be obtained through summoning.

Exactly what would make you think I was trolling? I don't care how good a game may have been said to be, if you're forced to play as a female, barring Touhou and Metroid, I won't even consider it. That's why I haven't played DKC3, Freedom Planet, or Portal yet (although the latter will likely become another exception). Blame my sister for this mentality.
Hey, don't go blaming others for your own issues.

I guess I shouldn't be talking, though. I tend to avoid games that force me to play as a male (though I can still consider them).

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
like, this is the most obvious bait lmfao
First off, I really hope by that acronym you meant the less profane "laughing my friggin' anus off". Not entirely sure if the word "anus" is a swear, but who gives a crap.
Second off, I was merely stating my opinion, not trolling. So shut up.
Bruh just play as Kiddy Kong then :joyful:
Kiddy Kong? I'd at least rather play as a girl than an abomination.
Seriously tho, yeah, you are a sexist. You should really look into why you feel this way and how you can go about fixing it because it's not cool. Trying to help you here.
Again, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GIRLS! I HAVE A GOD**** LITTLE SISTER!
And to make things worse you are a Touhou fan.
Somewhat.
Look buddy, if you're keep this attitude you asking for trouble. I don't care about your preference for whatever characters you like to use in games but people will get on your case if you keep being sexist.
Fine. Clearly my mere presence is pissing you off (yes, that's the only swear I can bring myself to type), and I'm tired of getting made fun of because I have an opinion. I'm done with this thread.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
First off, I really hope by that acronym you meant the less profane "laughing my friggin' anus off". Not entirely sure if the word "anus" is a swear, but who gives a crap.
Second off, I was merely stating my opinion, not trolling. So shut up.

Kiddy Kong? I'd at least rather play as a girl than an abomination.

Again, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GIRLS! I HAVE A GOD**** LITTLE SISTER!

Somewhat.

Fine. Clearly my mere presence is pissing you off (yes, that's the only swear I can bring myself to type), and I'm tired of getting made fun of because I have an opinion. I'm done with this thread.
Why were you even posting in this thread to begin with?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I blame you. But hey, you’re clearly not going to pay for therapy, so if you feel like it you can tell me what your sister did to make you hate most women in the gaming environment.

Why are you people wasting your time on bait?
It’s kinda funny man.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why are you people wasting your time on bait?
One look at their posts tells me assuming it's bait might be giving them too much credit.

Either way, they're gone.

Dixie! So. How do you summon her Spirit, exactly?

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I blame you. But hey, you’re clearly not going to pay for therapy, so if you feel like it you can tell me what your sister did to make you hate playing as most fictional women in the gaming environment.
This is probably gonna be my final post here.
First off, FTFY.
Second off, she's probably gonna make fun of me. That's the only reason. Besides, the only reason I am saying no is because of the fact that Smashdown exists, I don't want to quit halfway through, if the only characters left are girls I WILL quit, and I will likely be drawn into buying all DLC that comes out. even if I'm not interested in playing as the character. ESPECIALLY if it comes with a stage (which it would).

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
First off, FTFY.
Second off, she's probably gonna make fun of me. That's the only reason. Besides, the only reason I am saying no is because of the fact that Smashdown exists, I don't want to quit halfway through, if the only characters left are girls I WILL quit, and I will likely be drawn into buying all DLC that comes out. even if I'm not interested in playing as the character. ESPECIALLY if it comes with a stage (which it would).
So the only real reason why you don't like playing as girls cause of your sister teases you for it? Lol this is glorious, get some guts and don't let her bother you about it cause it takes a real man to kick butt with cute girls besides that it's just a video game bub.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
First off, FTFY.
Now I know this is a troll.

However, in the event it is not, if you are concerned that your little sister will make fun of you for playing as a female in a game, you need to really develop your sense of self. I really loved and appreciated Wind Waker at the time even though the "cool" thing at the time was to rip on the game for being "baby toddler Zelda". I liked what I wanted to like because I was personally interested in it.

That is precisely my point about Dixie Kong. She is a "girly girl" kind of character, yet she ends up being very endearing when you actually get to play as her and experience the games she is in. She is not a character that can simply be sold through bandwagoning or "think of the moveset potential man", you need to play her games to know what she is all about. Fortunately, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Tropical Freeze are all phenomenal titles and not only the best platformers of their respective consoles but probably of all time.

That's a great testimony! I'd love to post that on the Twitter, like "and now a word from Chronobound".
I apologize for myself for taking so long to get back to your response. Feel free to post my arguments about Dixie Kong's appeal, but I see nothing special about them due to the fact I made them. Honestly, I will probably be nearly forgotten a few years after (or maybe even a year) after I stop posting entirely on SmashBoards (I have already been nearly forgotten on GameFAQs).

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I have been busy unlocking characters and going through Classic Mode with each character. I still haven't touched the World Of Light. Dixie's absence just feels more apparent each time I play the game. She definitely belongs in there.
Now I know this is a troll.

However, in the event it is not, if you are concerned that your little sister will make fun of you for playing as a female in a game, you need to really develop your sense of self. I really loved and appreciated Wind Waker at the time even though the "cool" thing at the time was to rip on the game for being "baby toddler Zelda". I liked what I wanted to like because I was personally interested in it.

That is precisely my point about Dixie Kong. She is a "girly girl" kind of character, yet she ends up being very endearing when you actually get to play as her and experience the games she is in. She is not a character that can simply be sold through bandwagoning or "think of the moveset potential man", you need to play her games to know what she is all about. Fortunately, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Tropical Freeze are all phenomenal titles and not only the best platformers of their respective consoles but probably of all time.

I apologize for myself for taking so long to get back to your response. Feel free to post my arguments about Dixie Kong's appeal, but I see nothing special about them due to the fact I made them. Honestly, I will probably be nearly forgotten a few years after (or maybe even a year) after I stop posting entirely on SmashBoards (I have already been nearly forgotten on GameFAQs).
I enjoy thoroughly reading your posts. Your insight in the Smash community is well worth it especially your Ridley and Dixie essays.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
It would be interesting if completing Diddy's Classic Mode always awards you with Dixie's spirit, call to her being Diddy's closest ally. Well, aside from Donkey Kong I guess, but I could see that being debated.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Whew, I hit 100 followers on the Twitter! Thanks for all of your help! I have to admit though a huge portion of those followers came from the Kremling Kampaigner interacting with me. I'd be sitting at 50 still without them!
Honestly, I will probably be nearly forgotten a few years after (or maybe even a year) after I stop posting entirely on SmashBoards (I have already been nearly forgotten on GameFAQs).
Not after I immortalize you on a hit Twitter account, you won't!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Dixie Kong.png

DLC is here, and I've been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and it's time to look at what we need, what could be fun, and what I want.
Ever since Melee there has been only one character I've been dreaming about seeing 100%. Outclassed every other want of mine, and it was ... King K. Rool.

Now that the dream has come to fruition. Now, looking at the other wants that I've had, looking at the current roster, and looking for designs that would be fun, and unique to the roster. While it seems like 3rd parties are taking over, we can't forget the last real stars of Nintendo's first party, and here is where Dixie shines through. Hopefully people have come to realize that Dixie could be unique enough to warrent her own Isabelle, or full K. Rool treatment. Dixie would round up the cast, the same way as Waddle Dee would for Kirby.

Knowing Nintendo themselves are behind the picks, it does worry me a bit for Dixie, but that won't hold my support down.
I believe she is born for Smash, and deserves to be amongst the current cast as she is just as an all-star than most of them.

I've never really had a personal attatchment to the character, as the games I've owned where DK Country 1, DK 64 and Jet Race.
Still, I've always held Dixie in high regards to the DK series, and within Smash speculation.

Hopefully she got a chance, and that the chance will grant her passage to the battle.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper I'm glad to hear it! Don't forget to follow the Twitter account too if you haven't already.

I still haven't stopped getting new followers ever since Kremling Kampaigner's recent plug. Sitting at 118 now. Ha, honestly that's so miniscule compared to the whole Smash fanbase, but it feels nice and I become more optimistic about the future with every new follower. We're making history, folks!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper I'm glad to hear it! Don't forget to follow the Twitter account too if you haven't already.

I still haven't stopped getting new followers ever since Kremling Kampaigner's recent plug. Sitting at 118 now. Ha, honestly that's so miniscule compared to the whole Smash fanbase, but it feels nice and I become more optimistic about the future with every new follower. We're making history, folks!
+! :)

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
DK NEWS UPDATE:
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/181209191064

Looks like Mario GP DX is getting a new DK themed cup with two brand new DK stages. With this update, K. Rool in Smash and the DK Island area for the Universal theme park, it looks like Nintendo is starting to create more awareness for the DK brand.

Shame we can't get content in MK8 though :(

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie definitely feels missing in Ultimate, more than any other first party character. I hope she happens eventually. I know we can't do anything but wait, since DLC looks limited...who knows. Maybe someday.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Dixie definitely feels missing in Ultimate, more than any other first party character. I hope she happens eventually. I know we can't do anything but wait, since DLC looks limited...who knows. Maybe someday.
My sentiments exactly. While I'm happy about King K. Rool, DIXIE is who I was gunning for more...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In my opinion, she is the one missing character that deserves to be in Ultimate's roster the most.

Reila

Hopefully Dixie is a DLC fighter if we get any first parties. I can't think of anyone who "deserves" the spot more than her at this point.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Well, in my opinion, there is also Toad. There are so many characters now that his absence is getting really weird.

Reila

I think Toad is just like Bandana Dee. A random sidekick you play as when you can't play as Mario, Luigi or Peach. In Dee's case it is Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede, of course. But to each her own. Wouldn't be opposed to Toad in Smash because he is Toad, however the roster is so freaking huge by now that I don't find myself wanting anything really other than what >should< be in Smash... Like Dixie.

StormC

Smash Hero
Toad should probably be in (Captain or otherwise) but I don't have a personal attachment to the character whatsoever.

After Dixie, I'd like to see Bandana Dee the most as far as Nintendo characters go.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i think toad would be fun if they gave him stats like in smb2 where he has the fastest run speed and the lowest jump. he'd be like the mario equivalent of a spacie.

damn now i actually want toad in smash

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Never really lost sleep over Toad not being in Smash. I get that he's iconic and all, but he always felt right at home in Peach's (and now Daisy's) moveset and I personally never cared for the character, since I always felt he was the original NPC (something Nintendo seems to think as well, since he was removed from Super Mario Party as a playable character), only being playable in spinoff games or when a 3rd or 4th player is needed, while Dixie Kong has started her role as playable. I wouldn't mind Captain Toad, but I feel like after Piranha Plant, there's enough main universe Mario characters in Smash for now.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Mario always gets at least 1 newcomer each game, because well...it's Mario. Same reason Pokemon gets a new Pokemon each game. For Mario:

Smash 64 = Mario and Luigi and Yoshi
Melee = Peach and Bowser and Dr. Mario
Brawl = Wario
Smash U = Rosalina and Bowser Jr/Koopalings
Ultimate = Daisy and Piranha Plant

Next time it'll probably come down to either Waluigi or Captain Toad, or both. I doubt we'll ever go a new Smash without 1 addition to the Mario universe.

Mario and Pokemon are literally the only two franchises guaranteed a new rep each game...and seemingly Fire Emblem too.

Top Bottom