• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Airbender (the true avatar movie)

Ajna

Smash Apprentice

This movie is going to be amazing. Im not sure how many fans of the show there are here, but I love it. I have full confidence this will not become another Dragonball evolution, its going to be a quality flick.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
It seems pretty legit to me. I know that Shamamamamalyan was a fan of the show... and this is supposed to be his biggest budget film to date. Its going to be a big 3 part thing like lord of the rings... and on the same scale too.
Based on everything ive seen, its gonna be ace.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of the show but I'm not confident that movie will be good. I heard all the actors are white and although shamaman is pretty good, I think he might be out of his element here.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah, my hopes aren't high.

I want to see what they'll do with Appa. Screw CGI, get a real mutated flying buffalo thing.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Shymalan is going to ruin it.

Specifically the white kids part. Avatar was so ****ing worldly, and they grab some white ***** to replace my beautiful brown Katara. God I'm pissed.

Really, his entire reason for directing is "my kids like the show." Uggghhhhhhhhhhh...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
k. im hyped. (for some reason, i got teary eyed. Seriously.)

I love this show...my younger brothers and I used to watch it together all the time. I guess it has a special place in my heart.

I don't think i'll be disappointed.

edit: k, just saw the trailer. I'm pumped to all hell.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah seriously. im so hyped. >< Looks fantastic. As far as the similarities go, the costumes and appearance of all the characters are awesome. The atmosphere is perfect too.

At least Aang isn't a modern day teenager.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've been looking a bit more into it, and I'm starting to get hyped.

The official movie site has a better version of the Super Bowl trailer - at 00:10 you can see Appa in the corner. :3

It also has some backgrounds showing Katara, Sokka, and Suki.

And looking at IMDB, overall, the cast isn't sales day at the Gap. Besides Team Avatar, the cast seems pretty diverse - and I especially can agree with the choices for all the adults. Yaaaay for brown and yellow people. Still pissed Katara is white though. And Sokka is that emotion Twilight guy. Uggghhhhh...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I saw a glimpse of Appa in the new trailer! :DDD from far away he doesn't look half-bad.
my thoughts are if it's gonna have 3 parts and the first one looks(key word looks) that good, i'm pretty sure it can't be another Dragonball: Evolution. btw i hope they make Sokka funny. Although i am a little scared of what Shymalayan's ideas are for comedy.

Moozle

Smash Champion
If they make it three parts, this would be legit as hell. I was really pessimistic about this, but after seeing the trailer during the superbowl it actually looks good! But I agree with you Meno, Katara should not be white :(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm excited for this. The first trailer kind of gave me some doubt, but the new one looks fairly promising.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm getting Golden Compass flashbacks. :urg:

If you can remember The Golden Compass, you can probably see what I'm talking about. I ridiculous fantasy world beautifully and flawlessly recreated visually. The trailer was unbelievably perfect and it was planned to be a trilogy.

The actual movie was complete garbage.

It had some great casting, and it was universally said that the visual and special effects were perfect, but the story was a disaster. All of the "magic" about the world was utterly lost and sucked away in the transition from book to movie. It just... wasn't good.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I never got what all the fuss was with Avatar, but that may be because the only Nickolodeon thing I've ever really liked was Rugrats.

That being said, the trailer to this does look a lot better than a lot of other films based from cartoons or games.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This looks good. I might actually want to go see it.

It's clearly a lot more serious than the cartoon. :p

Lol why so serious hmm?

-Terywj

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
It's M.K.S. he usually disappoints...-_-. I'm SO worried about this movie to be quite honest. He just makes me...shudder when he does movies. They usually look promising...then flop. I'm gonna do what I did with DragonBall to lessen the blow. Go in expecting it to suck.

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
It's M.K.S. he usually disappoints...-_-. I'm SO worried about this movie to be quite honest. He just makes me...shudder when he does movies. They usually look promising...then flop. I'm gonna do what I did with DragonBall to lessen the blow. Go in expecting it to suck.
See, that worked for me and all, but it still sucked. Not as bad as I was planning it to, but it was pretty **** close.

And I'm sorta hyped about this movie, but the cast and director disappoints just a bit to much to me.

finalark

SNORLAX
Why do I think this will end up like the Dragonball: Evolution film?
Because it will.

At this point, unless it can be proven otherwise, all animation to live action adaptations will always suck in my eyes. Shame to, I liked the Avatar cartoon, last Cartoon I watched before I grew out of them compleately (the show came out when I was in fifth grade, by the way).

Top Bottom