• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Largest Arms in the World

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Alright, everyone. Have you kept this topic nice and warm for Smashboards' favorite nocturnal, transsexual former newswriter?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well Im just glad Im finally going to my first offline tourney next month. Finally gonna get some offline action :D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
So far, the only one I recognize is Glyph, but I haven't looked that far back, yet. Coming back here is like watching a brand new episode of a TV show you haven't seen for a couple of seasons. It's familiar, yet different.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ohh nice, first tournaments are usually a blast, if there's enough people
As for me I'm going to my 6th I believe today. :p

Edit: lulz and I just became a new character in the latest season of "The Roxbury"

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well this is the first time Ive seen tournies in Central NY. MMing bunch of people :)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I dont care if I go home broke if I learn more stuff and have more fun fighting til Im broke then so be it ^_^

Most New York tournies are in NYC

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ryusuta's right I learned more things from friendlies with good players, they're actually a bit more willing to give you advice.

Oh NYC of course, anyone in your area able to make a carpool for you to go to those?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well of course Ill do friendlies...but MMing people usually take more seriously.

Im like 14 Kola no carpooling for me :x

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well of course Ill do friendlies...but MMing people usually take more seriously.
Yeah, but it doesn't mean they'll play any better. Chances are, they'll probably be a little WORSE than usual.

I know I actually play worse when I'm taking things seriously.

Im like 14 Kola no carpooling for me :x
What's that got to do with it? 14 isn't too young for that. Actually that's probably the ideal time for it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Its all the way across the state with people my parents dont know and people ive only met through the interwebz. Its a totally safe feeling for adults amiright?

:\

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
well, you clearly don't want to go lol. x.x You're not really putting in any effort.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The tourneys we've been talking about for the last page and a half.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Nooo Im going to a tourney in Syracuse next month.

I was explaining to Kola that most NY State tourneys have been in NYC, so i havent been able to go to them. But now they are popping up around here so I can go now.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I started going to tournaments with a carpool when I was 14, but it wasn't anyone from the internet. It takes a bit of time, but sometimes just getting a local buddy is the best way to go when it comes to free rides lol

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You're far more likely to be abducted by someone you know than a stranger. Especially in a big city like NYC. :ohwell:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I dont get the logic at all lol.

I personally am not concerned about abductions or anything like that, Id go to NYC by myself. Its parents. How would you feel if it was your kids?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm, I'd feel a little worried of course, but if my child was mature, and usually makes smart decisions, I'd be ok with it if I knew the area and Venue.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
How's this? They wouldnt let my 17 year old sister go down with like 5 friends in celebration of going into their Senior Year, when one of our relatives lives in NYC .

Now do I have shot?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol with that, your chances aren't looking good.
Then again, girls are way more likely to get kidnapped than wait I'll just stop xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Though not very likely, they can.

.-. guys if you ever watch Haruhi season 2, try and avoid the endless 8, it's taking all I have to watch the same thing over and over.

Javon89

Smash Ace
zeldaspazz I'm in your exact situation, I want to go Let's Brawl for Toronto 2, but my parents wouldn't want me to go to Toronto alone and I don't have a ride. Also I'm 14 too.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Youth is where its at

@_@ Not really

On an unrelated note I beat Ramen today for the first time in a while xD I was shocked

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I couldn't go to tourneys alone when I was 17 either. And now I'm kinda done with the game, so its hard to tell if I could now haha. Maybe I'll try again over the summer.

Top Bottom