• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Largest Arms in the World

Dido

Smash Journeyman
Hello OtL Howz it going!

Also DTP, how about how good they are. The best people can got to the elite four. You Know what i mean?

Edit: Dtp, Can i join IF your making it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sounds fun

I'd do it.
That sounds like it'd be sweet.
That sounds like a good idea.

Some stuff might be hard to do, but most of it could be done.
Glad you guys like the idea :)
How are you straight? =/
LOL

@ Dido, Elite 4 would be alright, but then I'd need to get 4 more people for that position. And having 8 people for gym leaders already lessens the amount of people that join.
But it doesn't matter anyways, I won't be making the tourney :p
It was just an idea I had
EDIT: And yeah, I would've chose some of the best people for gym leaders lol

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Glad you guys like the idea :0

LOL

@ Dido, Elite 4 would be alright, but then I'd need to get 4 more people for that position. And having 8 people for gym leaders already lessens the amount of people that join.
But it doesn't matter anyways, I won't be making the tourney :p
It was just an idea I had
I'll be a gym leader, if I qualify.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
rofl, guys I'm not even making the tourney xD

And yes Travis lmao

EDIT:
........... unless you guys really want me too O__o
Only thing stopping me is the fact that it probably won't be completed. Oh and the fact that not a lot of people would join. Oh and the fact that about half the people that do join will give up half way

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Fon Master Ion?
Hey I said that. D:<

And yes Travis lmao

EDIT:
Only thing stopping me is the fact that it probably won't be completed. Oh and the fact that not a lot of people would join. Oh and the fact that about half the people that do join will give up half way
I'll join if you make it. =)

Roxas M

Smash Master

And yes Travis lmao

EDIT:
make it. :mad088: plz? =3
i'll join too.
all the other tourneys that i've entered never started.lol

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
haha well I guess I can make it

I'll need 7 volunteers for gym leaders
I want to be a gym leader :3

Also, it won't be choosing gym leaders based entirely off of the first come first serve rule. :p

Thread will be up later today :)

EDIT: I'll be making a social group for the gym leaders btw, once I've chosen you I'll invite you to it[

EDIT2: ToZ is my first Gym leader :)
But you won't be at the first gym ;)

And Dido I'll need to brawl you :D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll volunteer for a Gym leader! =)
haha sweet. Our Gym leaders will be stacked. But I don't want to make them to difficult cause that's when people will give up on this.........

EDIT: If you really want to be a gym leader than I think I'll make you the final gym leader, because your too pro.
So basically, you won't be doing much for awhile until people actually get to you lol

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Dont worry Darren! I will beat all the gym leaders and be crowned Pokemon Master!

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I am chastised quite often for joining awesome bandwagons such as these, so I think I'll skip out on this one.

Stupid friends. :mad:

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
haha sweet. Our Gym leaders will be stacked. But I don't want to make them to difficult cause that's when people will give up on this.........

EDIT: If you really want to be a gym leader than I think I'll make you the final gym leader, because your too pro.
So basically, you won't be doing much for awhile until people actually get to you lol
Final gym leader? Really? That'll be awesome!

So does that mean i only use high tier chars?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Final gym leader? Really? That'll be awesome!

So does that mean i only use high tier chars?
nah, you can use whoever, except low tier :mad:
So you will be able to use you deadly Pit if that's what you're wondering :p

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
nah, you can use whoever, except low tier :mad:
So you will be able to use you deadly Pit if that's what you're wondering :p
Cool. But I'll switch around every now and then cause i have so many chars i play with. >.>

EDIT: I believe.....

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I have this odd feeling im going ot be the only real trainer going thru these ****s.

Dido

Smash Journeyman
Hey i want to join plz!

Edit: I dont care which Gym leader i am..... Or maybe elite four if its opened:laugh:

Edit 1: Ok Tomorow..... sorry, because i cant play ALL day

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Start plotting out the rules DTP. I'll bounce some ideas off ya.

You should probably institute some rules to the effect of "You can challenge a gym once (or whatever) per day.", and "You can challenge a gym as many times as it takes to win.".

I think the gym leaders should be based loosely on tier and the rest on skill.

OR you could do the whole elemental thing and assign elements to each of the brawl characters (for example, Psychic= Zelda, Ness, Lucas, etc., and Fire = Bowser, Ike, Falcon, etc.). Each character can have more than one "type" if it seems appropriate (like Captain Falcon being a Fighting-Fire type). From there, you could find someone who uses those characters and put them in that gym. I'll make that list for you if you want me to. It'll be fun to make. :p

You might also want to think of some way to put the gym at a slight disadvantage (similar to how gym leaders can't switch pokemon out of battle in the anime) by mandating that the gym leader announces his "pokemon choice" before the challenging trainer does. The gym leaders should all be upstanding members who frequent OTL, or at least people who are somewhat well known (if possible).

That's all I can think of for now. I'll also volunteer to be a gym leader if you need me to. My 6-man team would probably be Lucario, Sheik, Fox, Marth, Falco, and Ganondorf or something, though my gym would probably just be 3-on-3.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Cool. But I'll switch around every now and then cause i have so many chars i play with. >.>

EDIT: I believe.....
haha you'll have to use the same characters everytime, but you can choose the order. For example say you want your gym rules to be a 3 on 3 battle. You'd have to choose 3 pokemon for the whole thing and the challenger would have to pick 3 characters from their chosen 6. Basically the challenger can semi counter pick against gym leaders if there are bad match ups involved.

But you don't have to have it be 3 on 3. It can be anything except 5 on 5 and 6 on 6. That would be a bit much imo. 4 on 4 is the most i'd want for gym battles

I have this odd feeling im going ot be the only real trainer going thru these ****s.
Same lol
I'm gonna have to hype this up

Hey i want to join plz!

Edit: I dont care which Gym leader i am..... Or maybe elite four if its opened:laugh:

Edit 1: Ok Tomorow..... sorry, because i cant play ALL day
darn I was just gonna ask if you wanted to brawl in an hour or so lol
But we can play tomorrow. Let's hope the gym spots aren't filled. But being a challenger could be more fun anyways :)

i wants to be a gym leader ;_;lol
haha sure :D

I'll be starting on the thread in about an hour. I have some stuff to do first

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
cool beans DTP :)
anything to spice up the OTL lol._.

and Dido
i believe we got a match to do
tomorrow good for ya?

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
haha you'll have to use the same characters everytime, but you can choose the order. For example say you want your gym rules to be a 3 on 3 battle. You'd have to choose 3 pokemon for the whole thing and the challenger would have to pick 3 characters from their chosen 6. Basically the challenger can semi counter pick against gym leaders if there are bad match ups involved.
That's why i did the "edit: i believe" lol

I can't even pick six?

Just three or four?

Well with three i could just keep Pit, Sonic/Marth, and MK(x.x).

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
By those qualificatiosn I'm more qualified then him and everrryyyyone knows >_>

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think only people that are good should be gym leaders. =/ Dido, no one really knows you.

Sometime soon, I'm gonna host Bi-weeklies.

Anyone wanna play? Not much to do...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Start plotting out the rules DTP. I'll bounce some ideas off ya.

You should probably institute some rules to the effect of "You can challenge a gym once (or whatever) per day.", and "You can challenge a gym as many times as it takes to win.".

I think the gym leaders should be based loosely on tier and the rest on skill.
haha this is everything I had in mind :D
We think alike sometimes

OR you could do the whole elemental thing and assign elements to each of the brawl characters (for example, Psychic= Zelda, Ness, Lucas, etc., and Fire = Bowser, Ike, Falcon, etc.). Each character can have more than one "type" if it seems appropriate (like Captain Falcon being a Fighting-Fire type). From there, you could find someone who uses those characters and put them in that gym. I'll make that list for you if you want me to. It'll be fun to make. :p
I didn't think of this though. I'll have to decide whether or not I'll do this lol
You might also want to think of some way to put the gym at a slight disadvantage (similar to how gym leaders can't switch pokemon out of battle in the anime) by mandating that the gym leader announces his "pokemon choice" before the challenging trainer does. The gym leaders should all be upstanding members who frequent OTL, or at least people who are somewhat well known (if possible).
Again, same ideas as me lol

I was gonna make it so that gym leaders only have a set amount of characters the whole time. Amount depends on their rules (3 on 3 battle means gym leaders use the same 3 characters the whole time. Plus challengers would know beforehand who each gym leader will be using, just not the order

I'll be one I guess. If I'm good enough.
lol sure
Only problem now is I have like, the best 3 people in OTL as gym leaders, making this really difficult for challengers xD

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Darren make me like the first gym leader LOL
so taht way everyone feels really good about themsevles and then they get to like...Penta.

Nya I'll play

Top Bottom