• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Largest Arms in the World

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Stealth Rock was in Diamond and Pearl, and it's a staple set-up in most competitive teams because people tend to switch. A lot.

You set up Stealth Rock, and every time your opponent switches Pokemon, it gets slightly damaged.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's an entry hazard in similar fashion to spikes but it only takes one turn to set up.

Depending on the typing of its victim, a Pokémon can lose up to 50% of its HP when switching in alone.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
what is stealth rock?
sorry if it's a dumb question but i gave up on pokemon after playing some d/p.
i'll probably get into it again since i have wi-fi and know people that play it.
Stealth Rock is an entry hazard (think Spikes) that damages you according to how weak to Rock you are, with neutral being 12.5%. So a Steel type (resistant to rock) takes 6.25% percent damage, a Fire type (weak) takes 25% and a normal takes 12.5%. This is compounded for dual weaknesses/resistances. So Ho-oh/Moltres/Charizard take 50% damage due to dual weaknesses while say...Lucario who 4x resists rock takes only 3.125%. makes sense? It completely makes some otherwise good pokemon suck.

Roxas M

Smash Master
oh, i think i get it.
every time the opponent switches pokemon the new pokemon loses damage × how weak they are to rock.
but why ban it? it's like.....banning mk. lol

@straked: i played some d/p. i never finished because it was my friends game and he deleted my file after a while. i didn't get very far.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well it's the same kinda argument for banning MK in some senses.
It causes a significant number of Pokémon to be immediately much less viable.

It encourages overcentralization due to the small number of Pokémon with good stat distributions being able to play effectively in a SR environment.

But SR is wayyyy worse than Meta Knight.

Roxas M

Smash Master
i dunno if i should get pokemon platinum or just wait for hg & ss.
any thoughts?

but banning a pokemon move? i know it makes some pokemon unviable but that's a little harsh banning a move.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
i dunno if i should get pokemon platinum or just wait for hg & ss.
any thoughts?

but banning a pokemon move? i know it makes some pokemon unviable but that's a little harsh banning a move.
LOOOOLLLLL

I barely play competitive Pokemon. But that made me laugh.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What, like D3's infinite?
Except SR is easier than D3's infinite and rips like half of your team to shreds.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
What, like D3's infinite?
Except SR is easier than D3's infinite and rips like half of your team to shreds.
D3's infinite affects like what...5 characters? Most of which are bad to begin with. 5/39 is essentially 1/8th of the game.

SR affects Flying, Bug, Fire and Ice. So many good Pokemon (such as say... Glaceon and Magmortar) fall under these categories and become essentially worthless, since 1/4 damage lost due to an omnipresent move removes pretty much any point in choosing them in the first place.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You need to explore the interwebs more, MS.

Google it next time. Shoddy Battle is Pokemon. ONLINE!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm getting a little sick of the 2nd gen bandwagon so I'll vote 3rd.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol unless you guys want random people coming in here to talk to you who arent OTL, i would change the "where mods are made" title xD

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol Chudat, he is actually pretty good looking.

Top Bottom