• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
I can't do online tournaments anymore unless they're one day/"live" events. I'm really not into them anymore. The themed ones are pretty cool though.

No offense to any OT runners, but I think offline TOs should be differentiated from Online TOs. There's a pretty big dif. between having the time and commitment to making an IRL tourney and just hosting one online.
well thats pretty much stating the obvious lol

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
*takes a cautious step inside*

I play seriously/sandbaggy online as I do off. I've only attended one offline tourny recently and I'm hoping to go to more! If it wasn't for online practice I probably would've done worse. :bee:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Man I sure am a person who'd post in the forum they mod haha

Aibou

Smash Master
Oh my God it's been reopened.

On topic, I haven't been to an offline tournament yet, but there's one this Saturday that I'm 70% sure I'll be going to. :happyface:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Somethings should never be brought back...>_>

On Topic: I have been to a few tournaments before, the biggest one I went to was at an Anime/Gaming Convention in Mexicali last year. It was a 32-man tourney and I won. I beat my friend (who had a deadly Snake) in the Semi-Finals and in the Finals, my opponent gave up. I ended up winning about 560 Pesos which at the time was worth $45-$50 in U.S Dollars. I plan on going to Genesis next year.

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh my God it's been reopened.

On topic, I haven't been to an offline tournament yet, but there's one this Saturday that I'm 70% sure I'll be going to. :happyface:
Make sure you talk a lot and try to meet as many people as possible. Make the most of it. I was too quiet at my first tourney, and I probably still am. Get your name spread, it'll help.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Sweet! The thread's been reopened :D

I really want to go to an offline tourney, but i'm a really nervous/shy person. >__<
Unless I know someone who's going or something. *Sigh* But I know I will have fun nonetheless (just gotta conquer my shyness!).

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Haha yeah! It's been reopened!

@oats
I would want to go with You and we could be nervous together :D To bad your so far away :(
I wonder what % of the wifi community here do offline tourneys....

BSP

Smash Legend
You're also in England. Yeah...you have some legit excuses.

@Nervous guys

Just go and break out of your shells. Tournaments are really fun and totally worth it.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I would definently go to one if they were held closer to my house and if I was older....I would be nervous but I know I would get over it

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I wonder how long it will take for everyone to relize this is reopened?
*waits for poneh of darkness*

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Sweet! The thread's been reopened :D

I really want to go to an offline tourney, but i'm a really nervous/shy person. >__<
Unless I know someone who's going or something. *Sigh* But I know I will have fun nonetheless (just gotta conquer my shyness!).
Once you go to at least to one tournament, you'll gain a bit of confidence. I lost my nervousness thanks to school hosted tournies.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Once you go to at least to one tournament, you'll gain a bit of confidence. I lost my nervousness thanks to school hosted tournies.
Thanks for the story, old man Grey.
Hopefully i'll lose my nervousness when i go to one :)
not sure about shyness though -__-

...wait, what are we going to talk about once we run out of wi-fi related things?
uh...the circle of life and how that revolves around wifi? :confused:

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
uh...the circle of life and how that revolves around wifi? :confused:
IT'S THE CIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIFE. AND IT MOVES US ALLLLLLLLLLLLL~

/singing

I suppose life revolves around wi-fi, because a lot of people get lag when they wake up, or when they change time zones
I've never changed time zones. =P But I have brawled in the morning before, it wasn't laggy.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Morning Online Discussion!

I'd like you all to direct your attention to the edit I just made in the OP. And questions about the changes can either be sent to me by PM (or VM) or simply by posting it here :)

arch knight

Smash Lord
so what your saying is i cant Just post for the sake of posting.
For example i cant just say hi or good morning?

what about good night can i say that o.o?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
My goodness, that black text is hard to read. You may want to consider changing that to something a bit more visible haha

And while I'd discourage posts simply saying "Good morning!", it would certainly be okay to post saying something like and then add to/start a topic for discussion.

Much like how I just did a few posts back, where I said good morning and then went on to bring up the topic of the rules change

EDIT: BluePSI is on the ball!

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
There's 493 pages on this subject. Dang what did I misssss. So yeah whenever I start off a WiFi match I jab once so I can confirm the delay after input, and proceed from there.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Well seeing as how I'm the mod here, I kinda have an obligation to you guys to not leave.

Not for a while, anyway =P

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
There's 493 pages on this subject. Dang what did I misssss. So yeah whenever I start off a WiFi match I jab once so I can confirm the delay after input, and proceed from there.
Alot of random spam really, and I don't really care about input lag much, I'm not a srs brawler :o

And thats great Glyph, and the inside joke is, I'm a dog if you haven't already guessed

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I figured as much from your avatar actually haha

arch knight

Smash Lord
My goodness, that black text is hard to read. You may want to consider changing that to something a bit more visible haha

And while I'd discourage posts simply saying "Good morning!", it would certainly be okay to post saying something like and then add to/start a topic for discussion.

Much like how I just did a few posts back, where I said good morning and then went on to bring up the topic of the rules change

EDIT: BluePSI is on the ball!
You dont like my black text? you racist?
K ill use my other Color then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom