• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The air attack where the Clown Car spits out a cannonball for Jr to pick up and then immediately drop, and a special that deploys a mechakoopa (we're guessing down special)
Oh and the cannon ball shot might actually be a side smash due to the yellowish flash that appears a split second before he fires. This is just a pure hypothesis right now though.
EDIT: Thank you RascalTheCharizard for uploading almost every notable thing Jr does in gif form on page 27
See the flash?
Thats a pretty good looking side smash all things considered. It has quite the range like Mii Gunner, but at the same time it will probably have a lot of power behind it judging by it's slow speed.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Thats a pretty good looking side smash all things considered. It has quite the range like Mii Gunner, but at the same time it will probably have a lot of power behind it judging by it's slow speed.
Depending on the recovery it could be a great spacing/zoning tool

Dan

Smash Lord
Despite being one of my top requested characters, I'm upset with what they did with Samus, because the Varia Suit IS the character, not samus.
Actually, this gives me an idea. I would be okay with what they did to Bowser Jr., IF they had Zero Clown Car Bowser Jr.

I do understand that the Clown Car is part of who Bowser Jr. is, but I just feel like this is not what we had in mind, almost like Sakurai is giving us the middle finger... well he probably is that damn troll.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Actually, this gives me an idea. I would be okay with what they did to Bowser Jr., IF they had Zero Clown Car Bowser Jr.

I do understand that the Clown Car is part of who Bowser Jr. is, but I just feel like this is not what we had in mind, almost like Sakurai is giving us the middle finger... well he probably is that damn troll.
Jr. Uses the clown car FAR more than the paintbrush. It is the most faithful representation of his character possible. Especially since the brush is incorporated into certain moves anyway.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Depending on the recovery it could be a great spacing/zoning tool
Looking at the footage, it has better recovery then what I was expecting, but it could still be a bit bad especially combined with horrible start-up.

With that said, there is one other interesting thing to note about the side-smash. The fact that it pushes him back.

What if...the longer he charges it, the more faster the projectile goes and the more far back Bowser Jr goes? Could possibly help you avoid some attacks in certain situations. There might even be some mind games involved on how long Bowser Jr. will charge it for.

This is why I love the idea of the Clown Car. You can try quite a bit of things that you couldn't do without a machine. <3

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Can someone list all moves that bowser mr used and what control it might be used to use those certain moves.
Ex)canon ball attack that shots the ball is his side smash since it had the yellow charge color.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a fan of Bowser Jr., but I love me some koopalings. I never thought they'd ever be playable in Smash since there's seven of them. If Bowser Jr. was the only way it could happen, then I'm all for it. I get to play Ludwig in Mario Kart and now Smash? It's a good year!

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Can someone list all moves that bowser mr used and what control it might be used to use those certain moves.
Ex)canon ball attack that shots the ball is his side smash since it had the yellow charge color.
From a few pages back (with a few changes):
I'm completely guessing this but here goes.
Fsmash - Cannonball
Down B - Mechakoopa
Up B - EJECTOR SEAT!
Up tilt - Paintbrush uppercut (hopefully a wand uppercut as well)
Jab - Boxing glove punch
Some tongue move. Down tilt?
Nair- Spinny boxing glove attack?
also Dair - cannonball drop.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm a fan of Bowser Jr., but I love me some koopalings. I never thought they'd ever be playable in Smash since there's seven of them. If Bowser Jr. was the only way it could happen, then I'm all for it. I get to play Ludwig in Mario Kart and now Smash? It's a good year!
That's exactly what I thought about the Koopalings at first. Even though I've always secretly wanted them playable in Smash, I also secretly thought they'd NEVER be playable due to how there are 7 of them. Now, that they're more likely than ever before, I can't wait! BTW, the reason I said Mario now has 14 fighters is because I personally count them as their own characters, unlike the Villagers, the Wii Fit Trainers, and Robin (male and female), and this is another good way to promote the Koopalings again.

Luminario

Smash Lord
That's exactly what I thought about the Koopalings at first. Even though I've always secretly wanted them playable in Smash, I also secretly thought they'd NEVER be playable due to how there are 7 of them. Now, that they're more likely than ever before, I can't wait! BTW, the reason I said Mario now has 14 fighters is because I personally count them as their own characters, unlike the Villagers, the Wii Fit Trainers, and Robin (male and female), and this is another good way to promote the Koopalings again.
I never even thought about them being playable in anything since they drifted off into obscurity for quite a while. I'm really liking how they've been brought back as main villains and how they seem to be sticking around this time (gives me wonderful ideas about future mario games since there are 7 koopalings and 7 sprixie princesses and Nintendo doesn't look like they'll break the damsel in distress trope just yet)

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Perhaps we should add a poll to this thread... I propose we put a question up that asks "Which Koopaling are you going to use?"

Any seconds?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Perhaps we should add a poll to this thread... I propose we put a question up that asks "Which Koopaling are you going to use?"

Any seconds?
Would that count as a spoiler though? If it is it would be against the rule unfortunately. Let's ask one of the mods.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

It would be interesting to see the results though.

Though, Bowser Jr should be included in the poll.

Neo Zero

Would that count as a spoiler though? If it is it would be against the rule unfortunately. Let's ask one of the mods.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

It would be interesting to see the results though.

Though, Bowser Jr should be included in the poll.
I'm fine with it, but it's not my thread. Luckily MandS runs this thread, so you at least tagged the right person :p.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I don't think you should put bowser jr on the Koopaling poll because he's gonna smoke the competition in votes. I did it on gamefaqs several times and bowser jr dominated. Did a poll without bowser jr and the results were more pleasant and better and not a one sided scenario.

Just put all 7 Koopalings for the poll of you want better results. :)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
For me?
#TeamLudwig
#TeamRoy.
#TeamIggy too, but not as much as the first 2. To be honest, I'll play as all 8 to mix it up.
Mostly those 3 though.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
If anyone is wondering (which I bet none of you care :p).

Bowser Jr.
Ludwig.
Larry.

Nintendo made Larry caught my eye after he was the DJ on the electrodome.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Look at this badass girl. Main material right here. I hope she retains her voice from Mario Kart 8 cause the whole "YEHAAAAH" attitude was pretty cool and suits her.
Also I'd probably use Jr and Larry on a whim.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not the biggest fan of Bowser Jr. myself; actually, I am not the biggest fan of most of the Koopalings... however, I cannot deny Wendy. I will use Bowser Jr. when I am in a "default" mood.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Look at this badass girl. Main material right here. I hope she retains her voice from Mario Kart 8 cause the whole "YEHAAAAH" attitude was pretty cool and suits her.
Also I'd probably use Jr and Larry on a whim.
I just realized that I think Wendy is my favorite female Mario Bros. character. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that I think Wendy is my favorite female Mario Bros. character. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Awww man Wendy O Koopa is by far my favorite Mario character. She is my number one main in Mario Kart 8. You can tell she has some sass to her. I certainly hope the leak is true about the koopalings being alternate costumes for Bowser Jr, instead of colors, but i wonder if they would go to the trouble of making the announcer say all the names and giving them each their current voices and such. God I would hope so.

Would love if at the end of the Bowser Jr trailer that will inevitably be shown if all the Koopalings appeared hovering in their clown karts laughing

Neo Zero

I'll be sticking with the name sake of this thread myself.

and occasionally Ludwig

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Seems like I am the only one who loathes Wendy Koopa. :laugh:

Oh well, I will be playing mainly Bowser Jr and maybe Roy Koopa once in a while, since he looks cool with the shades and his bazooka.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Oh well, I will be playing mainly Bowser Jr and maybe Roy Koopa once in a while, since he looks cool with the shades and his bazooka.
Nope you're not the only one loathing her. :chuckle:

For me, I will play Bowser Jr more then the other koopalings if the are alt, but I'm still going to play Roy and Iggy once a while.

D

Deleted member

I don't like her either. I hate her design.

As for me, I'll play as Bowser Jr. only. I don't have a strong desire to play as the Koopalings.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm going to play as Lemmy probably.

and I know I'll be duking it out against Iggy.

TeamLaFlare

Smash Cadet
I wanted to visualize the Koopalings a bit better to see what they may all look like as alt. costumes for Bowser Jr. and quickly slapped these together based on the possible leaked image of the Larry Koopa trophy with him in the blue-tinted clown car that matches his hair color. So I mocked these up on the fly basing the clown car colors off of the Koopalings shell colors, hair colors, accessory colors, etc. Please don't account for overall sizes! I didn't put that much effort into these guys on that aspect, just for color references. :p

Can't wait to main Roy! :chuckle:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't need to say a word on which Koopaling I'll use (or rather, main), right?

You know what's gonna be more fun? Using customized specials to give each Koopaling a little semi-cloned Specials set. I'm really looking forward to that.

Also I might switch to Roy now and then.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ya'll don't know about Roy, the real Koopa Clown Car pilot.

Him, Jr and Iggy for life.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'll probably play all of them eventually. I'll probably be using Iggy, Larry, Jr, and Ludwig the most

@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ where did you find that Lemmy icon?

Top Bottom