• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
have been at Närcon this weekend and been in smash4 single and double tournies! it went really well!

in doubles, I got to Top 3 with my Fiancie as partner while in single I got to Top8 with Jr ONLY (except for one set there I was Lucas and Jigglypuff) and the reason why I didnt got any further was I had to leave, cause the single tourny was way late and needed the last bus home ;_;

however, many pro players there went like "wow, your Jr rocks" and "I never knew Jr had so much potential". we even had awesome commentators saying and they said was surpriced of my Jr :3 I accomplish something ;w;

Kryver98

Smash Rookie
Hello, there! I'm a little new to the Smashboards, so I guess I'll introduce myself. I don't really have a nickname to go by, since I might change my username later, but whatever. I started playing Smash Bros. around 5 years ago with Brawl, and have went on to enjoy playing Smash 64 and Melee soon after. It wasn't until the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS that I wanted to reach higher and strive for even bigger challenges. Now, if I wanted to achieve that, my first step would be to choose a character from any of the 50+ cast. The character that stood out to me the most was Bowser Jr., not only because he's one of my favorite Mario characters, but because he was my most wanted newcomer at the time. It felt great to play with him, and he was a ton of fun to use. Fast-foward to now, and I've been using Bowser Jr. for most of the games I played for about 7 months. It eventually dawned on me that I had been using the same style of play with Bowser Jr. for some time, and not taking full advantage of the tools he offered for me. Now, I want to take my safe, defensive playstyle to another level and use his Clown Kart Dash in opportune occasions to be a little more on the offensive side with him. After the right amount of time and devotion, I will be more confident in using the right tactics when playing as Bowser Jr., and I'll hope to enjoy my time spent with you, fellow Bowser Jr. mains. Thanks. :D

Shiftycheesecake

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiftycheesecake
3DS FC
4439-2985-0386
Hello! My name is shiftycheesecake but you can call me shifty if you want. I played melee a couple of times, casually, with some friends from work a couple of years ago. BUT! I've been playing SSB4 since it came out on 3DS and now have it for the WiiU. I am trying to span the bridge from casual to semi-pro (ish?). The only character I am really any good with is Bowser Jr (play with Roy Koopaling), with villager close behind. I'm trying a bunch of other characters though to see what I like.
Any tips for a new-ish player who doesn't understand any lingo... and just started to block,dodge/grab? (It's sad, I know.)

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
@ Shiftycheesecake Shiftycheesecake Allow me to start with advice I've once given to some other players before:
When approaching, try to have your Mechakoopa out there before you go in. Don't expect to use Cannonballs too often unless Customs are ON and you get to trade that in for either Neutral 2 or 3, or if you're fighting someone like :4villagerf: or :4duckhunt: or :4robinf:. If you're in position to punish, DO make use of Side B Jump Cancels into aerials for big damage. Speaking of that, one of the TOP tips I can give to any Jr player is to PLEASE Jump Cancel out of Side B. Jr. gets so much damage, KO power (including edgeguards), and even speed and recovery, among others, out of Side B Jump Cancels, that he becomes like a Melty Blood or Scarlet Weather Rhapsody character when this is done often.

KO Moves: BAir
FAir (near the edges, definitely. Most likely, because of how important this move is for building damage, it'll be heavily staled),
UAir
NAir (when going for the stage spike or edgeguard)
FTilt (at 150+% near the edges)
Neutral A string (close to the edge at 130+%? Don't count on the launcher punch to connect too often at that point)
Side B JC -> UAir --> Up B --> A (hammer) KOs at around 75-ish%
Side B JC --> Up B --> A (hammer) KOs at around 100-ish%
FSmash at 90+%
DSmash at 110+%?
USmash at 100+%?
Back Throw at 150+% near the edges
The Spinout during Side B at around 130+% near the edges
Up B in general (try chasing folks who've been launched upwards with it, but exercise caution around folks like these: :4kirby:, :4bowser:, :4yoshi:, :4pacman:(if Hydrant's NOT out already), :4ludwig: (if he's any good, you'll probably either be dodged with Side B JCs, or eating Up B's explosion for trying), :4charizard: (Rock Smash/Hurl! 'Nuff said.), :4sonic: (Spring!), :4falcon:/:4ganondorf: (Falcon/Warlock Kicks!) and virtually anyone with a Counter.

Speaking of Up B, if you're hit during it, try pressing R (or whatever button is your airdodge button) to get back your Clown Car to be able to Up B again. Depending on what move hits you, even this method will fail, such as light attacks like :4fox:'s Jab & :4sheik:'s NAir.

Here's some juggles off of his Side B:
Side B --> Jump Cancel --> DAir --> ShortHop FAir --> Neutral A string (juggle ends here) or DTilt (juggle ends here) or UTilt x? --> UAir x? at 0%

Side B JC --> NAir is reliable at 30-ish%

Side B JC --> UAir is reliable at 50-75-ish%

Side B JC -> UAir --> Up B --> A (hammer) KOs at around 75-ish%

Side B JC --> Up B --> A (hammer) KOs at around 100-ish%
Since then, I'd also add:
  • "Shark folks with UAir as often and for as long as you can,"
  • "Shorthop FAirs, BAirs, and UAirs are your friends, because you can auto-cancel them into whatever you like,"
  • "DTilt is a wonderful 4 frame ground move to challenge many characters' attacks/spotdodges/rolls/punish attempts/etc. with."
  • "Abuse your fantastic recovery ranges when edgeguarding to comfortably remain off-stage for as long as you can and yet still be able to return to the stage. Side B Jump Cancels will be KEY for this."

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Just posting a result I got last week, got 3rd out of 47 at a socal tourney just below two ranked players.

http://challonge.com/msm11singles

also what do you guys think of olimar? does anyone have a reliable way to get pikmin off your face? when a white pikmin attaches to me I just run away dodge and hide in shield.
In the lab I found it to be so what action related, side cart to up special is the fastest removal process I found. The may get one or two hits, but then they jump off. If they are in the body though just cart and they'll leave, it has a heavy enough hitbox to knock em off.

Edit : so it's exactly like being grabbed, just spin the movement stick and they will jump off much sooner, (perhaps during ejection or during a side smash) .

Last edited:

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
In the lab I found it to be so what action related, side cart to up special is the fastest removal process I found. The may get one or two hits, but then they jump off. If they are in the body though just cart and they'll leave, it has a heavy enough hitbox to knock em off.

Edit : so it's exactly like being grabbed, just spin the movement stick and they will jump off much sooner, (perhaps during ejection or during a side smash) .

Thanks for the ideas, i will try it out!

eherogirl

Smash Cadet
NNID
eherogirl
3DS FC
4656-8298-7700
I love to use Wendy and using the bombs, then throwing that car down to explode, that's mah life. lol

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Bowser Jr is a character I was disappointed to hear got in the roster. With time, the koopalings alternates, trying out the character, seeing all the tools he has, I am going to say that this character is criminally underused. I look forward to using this character more. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield B)

Kryver98

Smash Rookie
lol we don't need someone who doesnt know how to play bjr, analyze bjr
ZeRo doesn't want to analyze Jr. because he knows that he's a character that requires skill and can't be summarized in a video alone. B-)

Nagalfar

Smash Rookie
Coming back from Celtic Throwdown (an Irish tournament that went on yesterday and today at Dublin) tonight with a somewhat satisfying 2nd place out of ~50, only stopped by Mint's Rosalina which was sadly too much to handle for me. Still, a lot of interesting things happened, I'll post some VODs once they're up.

Last edited:

aircaves

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,
I'm new to smash boards but not new to smash. I finally choose to main Bowser Jr. a while ago and I must say that this page has been very helpful in starting him as a full-fledge main. That being said I have a ton of experience playing a ton of characters so I can add a lot to the match up threads. In any case I am just trying to introduce myself and I hope to discuss the Crowned Koopa Prince a lot because I feel like he is not used at all in my area and it seems this trend follows across the world as well.

In any case, Hello and I hope that I can add to the conversations.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
hello and welcome to the board 'D' I hope you are here to stay!

speaking of smash, since tomorrow is the update, can we expect anything new? like buff and nerfs for Jr? to any other characters? any new stages(excluding SMM) or mii costumes?

aircaves

Smash Rookie
at this point, with as many characters as there are it's incredibly difficult to say who will get nerfs or buffs in the next update except for the characters like shiek, who stand as the absolute best character or zelda/samus/mewtwo who stand as arguably the worst. my guess is one of those four will get a major overhaul in their moveset with either buffs or nerfs (similar to how wii fit trainer got buffed to heaven and back in the last update.)

as for bowser jr. I expect either a minor buff, a minor nerf, or both because I doubt sakurai is paying as much attention to him as he is the four I listed above.

for new stages there was a leak that hasn't been disproven as far as I know of a Dr. Mario stage but other than that I wouldn't know.

Kryver98

Smash Rookie
Well, if we now consider the general nerf to Shields by 3 frames, I believe this does somewhat buff Jr. by making some of his landboxes, like for Dair and Fair, harder to punish, especially for the former. Unfortunately, because his grab is so slow, this makes his out-of-Shield options even more limited, particularly making Nair out-of-Shield less useful. Overall, some of his attacks have become safer, but his already subpar out-of-Shield options have worsened.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Here you guys. Have another wave of my Sunset Shores stuff for Jr & The Koopalings. I think they lend myself to the style incredibly well.

I apologize for not collapsing this- I haven't been on Smashboards much since the new format arrived and my old collapse's disappeared so I'm not sure how to do the thing anymore.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey everyone!

I have finally returned and managed to get a tourney in over here in LI.

I got 9th out of roughly 40.

Had two Game 3 Last stock last hit sets against my crewmate iQHQ U_War and Cyberman.

Was hoping to clutch them out, but figuring this is literally my first actual smash 4 tourney I was pretty happy with how well I played out here since tristate is OD strong.

Hopefully I can get some videos up, but the 3 & 1/2 hours I spent practicing with @Vinnie helped a lot. I plan on streaming my practice again since I got a better rig and will train until I can break into Top 5!

Highlight of my whole tournament was Game 2 against Cyber after I had already lost game 1 I picked Lylat. About 50-60% in cyber decides to attempt and gimp me with Sonic's d-air offstage as I had up-b'd. I had already committed to up-b and managed to get around him., but right as he was in the bubble my up-b exploded causing him to hit the bottom of lylat directly in the center stage spiking him. That was the spark I needed to take it to game 3 last stock last hit!! SO CLOSEEE

**EDIT** Dammit it's time for a new sig because mine is dated all the way back to brawl :(

Last edited:

Onoh

Smash Cadet
NNID
benclaremom

Banner made by N3ON

Overview

Bowser Jr. is Bowser's youngest son, and is the future leader of the Koopa Troop. Like his father, Bowser Jr. likes to cause trouble around the Mushroom Kingdom, and is a common foe to the Mario Bros.. His first antagonistic role was when he imitated Mario, and vandalized Isle Delfino during the process. Other times he just snags Princess Peach and runs off with her.

Outside of mainstream games, Bowser Jr. has been a common participant in a lot of the Mario spin-off titles, including Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Baseball, and even Mario Strikers.

Now while Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son, he doesn't exactly operate like his father. In some games, he's portrayed to be quite nimble, while offering average power. But in others, he's seen as being rather slow.

Super Smash Bros. 4

Bowser Jr. enters the Super Smash Bros. series as the newest Super Mario franchise character.

Compared to Bowser, Bowser Jr. is more about being nimble. In fact, Bowser Jr. is pretty quick for a character with average attack strength. He also utilizes a paintbrush, which improves his range at times. In terms of his size, Bowser Jr. is around Diddy Kong's height, and he also rivals Diddy Kong in the weight department.

While Bowser Jr. isn't exactly a major powerhouse, his average strength and nimble footwork does make him quite versatile. He also offers the ability to wall jump.

This is basically how I see Bowser Jr. being utilized. But if anyone else has their own inputs for Bowser Jr., share it here.

Concepts

[collapse=Recolors]Contributed by Venus of the Desert Bloom
[/collapse]

[collapse=Movesets]My Contribution

Bowser Jr. possesses a very unique mechanic that none of the other playable characters have, and it's known as the "Graffiti" mechanic. Much like how Ness uses PK, Zelda uses Magic, Lucario uses Aura, and Ganondorf uses Darkness, Bowser Jr. utilizes Graffiti for most of his attacks. This is especially due to the fact that he uses his magic brush for almost all of his standard attacks.

In terms of how the Graffiti mechanic works, it basically involves Bowser Jr. utilizing his magic brush to directly attack opponents. Whenever the magic brush damages opponents, it'll leave behind damaging graffiti, which is represented by rainbow paint. If Bowser Jr. delivers any powerful hits with his brush, the amount of graffiti that gets layered onto the opponents will increase. However, Bowser Jr. can only put up to three layers of graffiti on the opponent. The layer effects go as follows...
One layer: Player takes 1% damage for every two seconds that pass. Lasts for two seconds if the player hasn't been damaged by any more graffiti attacks. Weak brush attacks tend to offer this result.

Two layers: Player takes 1% damage for every 1.5 seconds that pass, and his/her movement speed gets reduced by 25%. Downgrades to one layer after two seconds have passed without being damaged by graffiti attacks. Moderately strong brush attacks often offer this result.

Three layers: Player takes 1% damage for every second that passes, and his/her movement speed gets reduced by 50%. Downgrades to two layers after two seconds have passed without being damaged by graffiti attacks. Fully charged smash attacks are very likely to offer this result.
On an additional note, Bowser Jr.'s up special, the Brush Propeller, also utilizes the Graffiti mechanic, as it does has offensive properties. Also, his Final Smash, Jr. Clown Car, also utilizes graffiti, as the boxing gloves that are equipped onto his Koopa Clown Car will have graffiti painted onto them; this graffiti will always place three layers of graffiti onto anyone who gets hit. The Bob-ombs, however, do not utilize graffiti at all.

Because of the nature of Bowser Jr.'s Graffiti mechanics, players need to be careful not to get overwhelmed by Bowser Jr.'s brush attacks.

Special Moves
standard - Flame Shot: Bowser Jr. will spit out a fireball that'll try to home in on a nearby opponent. He can charge up the size of the fireball as well, but the bigger it is, the less efficient its homing capabilities are. Bigger fireballs deal more damage, but the charge can't be held. Also, the range of the fireballs aren't very long, as they'll gradually weaken over time before disappearing.

side - Graffiti Ball: Bowser Jr. will use his magic brush to hurl up to three paint balls at opponents. The paint balls are very weak in power, and deliver no knockback, but when they hit their opponents, the opponents will be briefly covered in damaging graffiti that deals 1% damage for every two seconds that pass. The graffiti subsides rather quickly, but Bowser Jr. can set up additional paint ball layers, which not only extends how long the graffiti will stay on the opponents, but can also reduce their movement speed as well. Up to three layers of graffiti can be placed on a single opponent.

up - Brush Propeller: Bowser Jr. will spin his brush like a propeller, and will start moving forward. The attack's power is relatively weak, but it can score multiple hits, with the last hit dealing the most damage. Players can control the angle of where Bowser Jr. is moving, acting as his third jump. However, this move leaves Bowser Jr. helpless afterwards.

down - Shell Dive: Bowser Jr. dives down to ground in a manner that's similar to his deke move from Mario Strikers Charged. Although it's weaker than the Bowser Bomb, it's less laggy, and Bowser Jr. recovers more quickly after using it.
Final Smash - Jr. Clown Car:

Bowser Jr. will get into his personal Koopa Clown Car, and start using it to attack opponents. Pressing the standard attack button will have the Koopa Clown Car attacking with its boxing gloves, which can deal decent damage. Pressing the special attack button, however, will have Bowser Jr. throwing two Bob-ombs which will explode upon touching ground. While Bowser Jr. is impervious to flinching while on the Koopa Clown Car, he'll still take damage from attacks. Also, Bowser Jr. can move the Koopa Clown Car around in any direction, considering that it is levitating. After 20 seconds have passed, the Koopa Clown Car will disappear, but it won't have a negative effect on Bowser Jr.'s recovery.

Contributed by R.O.B.

Contributed by Frostwraith
Neutral B: Fireball - shoots a Fireball, like Bowser in the original Super Mario Bros. Can be aimed up for a vertical upward shot.

Side B: Shell Throw - based on New Super Mario Bros. boss battles, he throws a Koopa Shell item, so it would work nicely against opponents with high %.

Up B: Whirling Junior - similar to Bowser's Up B, but with more vertical recovery and less horizontal recovery.

Down B: Disguise - Grabs his paintbrush and puts on his Shadow Mario disguise from Super Mario Sunshine. Much like Sheik only appeared in Ocarina of Time, Shadow Mario only appeared in Sunshine (barring spin-offs), so it's not Farfetch'd if they included this transformation.

Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car - since his father has Giga Bowser, Bowser Jr. would ride the Clown Car. Press B to shoot a powerful Fireball or press A to summon two Mech-Koopas.

Special moves for Shadow Mario:

Neutral B: Paint Blob - shoots a ball of ink. Like all ink based moves, the ink would stay on the floor causing victims to have a chance to trip and it would be slippery too. sometimes, he may shot flaming ink or electric ink, in which stepping on would continuously damage the victim (with NO KNOCKBACK).

Side B: Paintbrush Spin - a spinning move not unlike R.O.B.'s. it can reflect projectiles or deal multiple hits. the damage type depended on the ink in the tip of the brush, which is randomly changed every time the neutral special is used.

Down B: Disguise - changes back to Bowser Jr.

Up B: Ink Uppercut - does an uppercut with the paintbrush. useful for recovery.

Final Smash: Polluted Piranha Plant - unleashes a massive amount of goop in the floor and a Polluted Piranha Plant rised from it and attacks the foes. if the foes get to far, the Piranha would shoot poweful projectiles at the victims. Shadow Mario can freely move during this.
Contributed by D-idara
Neutral B: Fireball (NSMBWii) - He shoots a single fireball that hits for medium damage. If the fireball travels long enough without hitting anything, it drops into the ground and creates a fiery patch that lasts for 2 seconds.

Forward B: Paint Splash (Bowser+Super Mario Sunshine) - Jr. does a grab similar to Bowser's F+B and if he manages to grab another character, he hits them with his paintbrush and they end up soaked in paint, which does 2% per second (It lasts 3 seconds) and slows down the character's running speed by 20%.

Down B: Ammunition Strike (NSMBWii) - This attack has three levels that depend on Junior's damage meter:

Below 40%: He pulls out a small Koopa Shell which can be thrown as an item...it is much smaller than the iteam counterpart and is darker in color. It doesn't have as much knockback or damage input either, so it's a rather underwhelming projectile that could be useful for racking up damage.

From 40% to 80%: He pulls out a big spiked ball that can be thrown and rolls slowly. If the spiked ball is hit by any enemy attack it creates a small explosion that can also hit Jr. if he's close enough. Also, if any ground-pound type attack is used on the same terrain the spiked ball is rolling, it will bounce upwards (Think of DK's D+B, Bowser's D+B, Yoshi's D+B as ground-pound attacks).

Above 80%: Jr. pulls out a green Bob-Omb that can be thrown around. Although it doesn't have as much power and knockback as the standard Black Bob-Omb, it's still a powerful projectile that can send opponents flying easily if their % is above 60. On a side note, Jr. does have a small chance of pulling out a standard Bob-Omb with a lit fuse.

Up B: Whirling Tower (Pun on Bowser's Whirling Fortress, as Bowser's usually fought on the final Fortress and Junior usually acts as a boss in Towers and midboss levels) - Junior spins in a way very similar to his dad, the differences being that he goes a little higher and has more horizontal movement, making it a less effective attack but a much more reliable Third jump.

Final Smash: Airship Armada (NSMBWii/SMG) Bowser Jr. jumps up into his own personal Airship and as the Airship circles menacingly above the battlefield, a reticle appears in the battlefield (In the case of standard-control users) or the battlefield appears in the Gamepad (For Gamepad users; yes, i'm giving a control method to the Gamepad because you Wii U Pro noobs should put a little more faith in the new controller).

There are 4 projectiles you shoot in this order:

Bullet Bill - A single Bullet Bill that travels in a straight line. the Airship may shoot a homing Bullet Bill from time to time.

Bob-Omb - The Airship throws a flurry of 3 Bob-Ombs around the point where you aimed/touched.

Flamethrower - A torrent of flames comes off the Airship and it lasts around 2 seconds before switching to the next projectile.

Spiked Pole - One of those spiked poles from the Airships in SM3DL and the Castles in NSMBWii comes off the selected point and crushes down into the battlefield, dealing big damage with serious knockback.

As a side note, if the Stage has a Sky background when this Final Smash is used, the sky turns cloudy and lightning strikes in the background, giving it a sinister appearance similar to the Airships' background in SMB3.
Contributed by SmashShadow
Neutral Special: Fireball
Pressing B starts him charging and after he has charged he will glow slightly. For each level of charging he is able to produce another fireball(max 3.) the next time the b button is pressed. If you quickly press b twice you will shoot one fireball. Each fireball does 8% damage so a fully charged shot will do 24% damage and a semi charged will do 16%. The fireballs move horizontally and are about the same size as Samus's uncharged charge shot. When used it has a slight lag but moves much faster and has more range than mario's fireball. You can dodge roll out of charging.

Side Special: Bill launcher
Bowser Jr. pulls out a personalized version of the bill blaster made into a rocket launcher. He shoots a single bullet bill that travels straight in the direction he's facing. The bullet bill act exactly like it did in the SSE. They have the same speed, health and atk strength and if hit and their health isn't completely depleated they will flinch but then continue on their trajectory. The one difference is that if reflected they don't go back to their normal flight direction and if reflected too many times or hits a wall it will explode. A hit from this does 15% damage and only 1 bb can be on screen at a time. Has the same lag as Snake's rocket launcher.

Down Special: Paint Trap
He pulls out his paintbrush and spins it in a circle as he drags it on the ground(cannot be used in the air). What is left is a puddle of paint 2 character lengths in size. The puddles stays for 5 seconds and you can have a maximum of 2 on screen at the same time. The puddles come out randomly in 3 colors.

Red- does fire damage to whoever steps on the puddle and last the entire 5 secs
Blue- shoots out a geisure to whoever steps on the puddle and shoots the opponent upward. This does 10% damage and has KO potential at high damage but the puddle will vanish after 1 use.
Green- traps the opponent in a guck that holds them for 2 seconds(excluding counter) in place. Opponents cannot use attacks while stuck.

Up Special: Koopa Clown Car
Junior pulls out the koopa clown car in a puff of smoke and rides it for 2 seconds and does a somersault out of it with the car vanishing in another smoke puff. He can ram opponents with it if they hit the front part of the car doing very minimal damage. Likewise opponents can destory his clown car it they attack it while in use.

Final smash: Airship Armada
Inb4
[/collapse]
It's amazing how even though these are great ideas, it turns out completely differently in the actual game. It's cool to know other people than me wanted Bowser Jr. sm4sh!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey guys, just want to say that I am for the most part Co-maining :4roy: now. Unsure exactly when I'm going to whip mine out, but there are some matchups I prefer using :4roy: in over :4sonic:. Spinning to winning~

:018:

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Hey guys, just want to say that I am for the most part Co-maining :4roy: now. Unsure exactly when I'm going to whip mine out, but there are some matchups I prefer using :4roy: in over :4sonic:. Spinning to winning~

:018:
That's awesome! I saw your set against Boss' Wario the other day, and I have to say, you played well. Keep it up, we need more good Koopa Klan representation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser Jr.'s reaction to having to use the Koopa Clown Car in Smash 4...

Bowser Jr.: Really, you forced me to ride this bucket, just so that my papa's generals can compete in Smash Bros. too?!

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Hey everyone, new to smash boards and have been playing smash mostly casually since the brawl days. Really great to be here :)

When smash 4 was announced I wasn't quite sure who the newcomers for the mario franchise would be, when Rosalina and Luma was announced, I wasn't sure if any other mario characters stood a chance to get in. But to my surprise, Bowser Jr. was revealed and got really excited.

Wasn't expecting him to make it in, but very glad he and the koopalings did, being a new fan of the character as of recently. He was the first character I tried unlocking from the time i got the 3DS version and still play him regularly alongside bowser.

Hope you all have a great day!

:003:

Last edited:

Shabadoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-2639-5568
Hey everyone! I'm a Jr. Main from Alaska (and by Jr. I mean Iggy :p) and I can tell I'm gonna learn and meet some awesome people here! Competitive experience is limited though I play competitively I've been in only one tournament. It was me and like seven friends. And the bracket was on a piece of lined paper and I stayed Ludwig the whole time and got taken out by one of my best friends who came up through looser to fight me. I mean, I play smash almost every lunch period with my friends, we just get our 3Ds' and play. I don't know, being in Alaska makes it hard to find tournaments and I have no travel money. Anyways, enough rambling, I'm here to meet some awesome Jrs, maybe even some training buddies, and have a smashing good time!

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Hey everyone! I'm a Jr. Main from Alaska (and by Jr. I mean Iggy :p) and I can tell I'm gonna learn and meet some awesome people here! Competitive experience is limited though I play competitively I've been in only one tournament. It was me and like seven friends. And the bracket was on a piece of lined paper and I stayed Ludwig the whole time and got taken out by one of my best friends who came up through looser to fight me. I mean, I play smash almost every lunch period with my friends, we just get our 3Ds' and play. I don't know, being in Alaska makes it hard to find tournaments and I have no travel money. Anyways, enough rambling, I'm here to meet some awesome Jrs, maybe even some training buddies, and have a smashing good time!
Welcome to the thread, awesome to see another Bowser Jr or Koopaling main! Great to hear you've been into a tournament already, even if it's just friends it's always a good learning experience for later. Sure you will get into the tournament scene soon enough! :D

Don't usually get the opportunity to play smash with others often other than online with random people. So if your ever looking to someone to play a some matches or train with, I'd be happy to help and I'm sure others would too. :)

Hope you have a great day!

Shabadoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-2639-5568
Welcome to the thread, awesome to see another Bowser Jr or Koopaling main! Great to hear you've been into a tournament already, even if it's just friends it's always a good learning experience for later. Sure you will get into the tournament scene soon enough! :D

Don't usually get the opportunity to play smash with others often other than online with random people. So if your ever looking to someone to play a some matches or train with, I'd be happy to help and I'm sure others would too. :)

Hope you have a great day!
Really? I'd be thrilled! Just register my friend code and we can smash whenever you like! It should be on my profile! ^^

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Really? I'd be thrilled! Just register my friend code and we can smash whenever you like! It should be on my profile! ^^
Awesome to hear that! :b: I'll add you in a moment, if you ever want a few matches or something your more than welcome to!

Gijsbeer

Smash Cadet
Hey there Bowsr JR mains! Im a samus main who's picking up The Koopa Prince as a secondary because he's fun to play. Id also like to use him in torunament when smaus isnt working out. So the big question is, how does Bowser Jr do against my achilles heel characters? I struggle severly against fox, pika, and ESPECIALLY ROSALINA. Any tips and info on those macthups would be very much appreciated

Top Bottom