• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
First tournament using this character tomorrow, been lurking boards for a bit now so may as well introduce myself Lol. Bowser Jr main since day 1, due to my brawl main in this game being bad.
Lol you coming to the Toronto arcadian?

EDIT: Oh ****, Spacedong and Frupcakes are in your pool? I apologize for giving them matchup knowledge ;) Godspeed.

Last edited:

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
No mercy is what i got Lol. If i didn't get bodied so hard i would of made it in I think Lol.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
You played really well yesterday! Makes sense since you're an OG brawl player. Hopefully you learned a few things. I could see you being better than me in a few months if you keep at it since I'm mostly focusing on Olimar.

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
Been actually fairly quiet until now on this board. Still, as a Jr./Iggy guy, figured it was high time I finally fully said hello to everyone here. So yeah, hey there.

Hopefully over time I can get even better with this Koopaling, but for now, it's all just a process of learning to git gud and doing my best. And seeing where things go over time.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
You played really well yesterday! Makes sense since you're an OG brawl player. Hopefully you learned a few things. I could see you being better than me in a few months if you keep at it since I'm mostly focusing on Olimar.
Nah man can't see myself beating you consistently Lol. At least not until i get use to top level competition. So many characters i didn't know how to fight. Thanks for all the advance tech though, getting use to pulling them off but trying to find more use for the bouncing me cha koopa.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Best use for it that I've found is if you do a jump cancelled toss into the ground (so you don't have endlag) while you're running at them, you can pressure them to either sit in shield or roll behind. If they're in shield you can go for a free grab knowing that even if you miss and they roll behind you, the mecha koopa will fall on their head.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Nah man can't see myself beating you consistently Lol. At least not until i get use to top level competition. So many characters i didn't know how to fight. Thanks for all the advance tech though, getting use to pulling them off but trying to find more use for the bouncing me cha koopa.
Best use for it that I've found is if you do a jump cancelled toss into the ground (so you don't have endlag) while you're running at them, you can pressure them to either sit in shield or roll behind. If they're in shield you can go for a free grab knowing that even if you miss and they roll behind you, the mecha koopa will fall on their head.
Ah true forgot about the no ending lag, alright I'll hopefully have that down by next tournament.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Tweek has inspired me to want to use this character again. He combos like no other and he's really fun.

:018:

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
He also dies easier at low %s than high ones and nothing about him makes sense lol.

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
Tweek has inspired me to want to use this character again. He combos like no other and he's really fun.

you're gonna have to improve your bjr man, the one time you showed it to the world vs boss it looked fraudulent :)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Sup Koopalings, I've been using Bowsy alongside R.O.B. (yeah, robots!) since Day 1, so I thought I'd finally stop by and say hello. Recently, I've gotten a lot better with him and been using him more since he's just so much fun. He shares a lot of traits with R.O.B., but I generally play a lot more aggressively with Bowsy with Clown Kart Dash and the Teacup of Death, which I guess is why I have so much fun with him. I'm still better with R.O.B. and I use him a lot more, but Bowsy is a strong secondary, and probably will be long into the future. I'm hardly a competitive player, so don't expect to see "Ze Diglett" showing up to any tournaments.

Last edited:

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
Hey again everyone, just wanted to let you know my little streak of doing pretty decent with Ludwig has continued.

I placed 5th out of 80 people at today's So-Cal regional. I was knocked out in winners by k9 (sheik) and in losers by k9 lol. I gotta learn that matchup better as Jr. I will post videos from the tourney soon! Wooooo bowser jr.

Link to the bracket: http://challonge.com/fad_monthly_singles2

p.s. thx for the support : )

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Went to Xanadu and MM'd people. Beat Poyo and Darkflame with :4roy:. Lost a MM to Cree's :4villager:. Watched a video of Tweek vs :4villager:. That matchup looks hella annoying and patient.

I'm very determined on using this character in addition to my :4sonic: and :4mario:.

Last edited:

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Bjr vs villager isn't that annoying and patient tbh. Especially since you play Sonic.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Idk the MU, I just always shiver at all those slingshots. I haven't looked at :villager: the same since I fought a real good one.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
For the record what I said wasn't a shot, just that Sonic requires way more patience in most mus than bjr does (outside of vs zss and a few other mus)

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
For the record what I said wasn't a shot, just that Sonic requires way more patience in most mus than bjr does (outside of vs zss and a few other mus)
Incorrect. To beat :4villager: as :4sonic: you rush him down.
Bjr vs villager isn't that annoying and patient tbh. Especially since you play Sonic.
Hold your tongue.

Last edited:

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Incorrect. To beat :4villager: as :4sonic: you rush him down.
(that's also how you beat him with bjr)

Might wanna learn the character before you start with the condescension though. Also I wasn't specifically talking about Villager vs Sonic, just Sonic as a character in general.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Jr can indeed rush down that kid, despite him having a juggle-breaking 3 frame NAir and longer-ranging UAir & DAir. There is the question of "Should I feed him Mechakoopas or uncharged Cannonballs?" To that, I say Mechakoopas, because you then unlock the use of charged Cannonballs that can pierce his Lloids, Slingshots, and Trees. However, if you go for this, you better keep a close eye on whether or not Mecha's still Pocketed. You don't want to feed him charged Cannonballs by accident, since it'll KO ridiculously early while piercing Mechas. I've had a buddy Jr in FG Teams lose a stock to this, and I couldn't defend him, due to that Villager's partner succeeding in walling me out long enough to secure that KO. The Villager may also read this game plan by quickly throwing away Mechakoopas (likely onto your squishy face), which will then bar you from freely lobbing charged Cannonballs at him. This can still be an opening for you to get in if you read the Mecha throws.

Side B Jump Cancels will definitely be one of your best friends here, for it'll help you survive the kid's bowling ball edgeguards, as well as his other more active edgeguard attempts. However, you better hope the kid's not above you when you start up Up B, because his DAir & especially his NAir will likely gimp you early, possibly even when mashing the airdodge button to try to get your Car back. On-stage Side B JCs are great for dodging Tree growth & chopdowns, Lloids, and even Slingshots if he's been trained to immediately jump after seeing you JC out of Side B enough times (you can airdodge immediately after JC-ing if he waits for you to JC before Slingshotting).

Against Custom Villager, I'm not entirely sure which deck to take. I'm thinking 3322 or 3122. I'm at least certain that Impatient is the best of the 3 Mechas for this, because of how little gain he gets from Pocketing it (doesn't it explode in his hands within a second or two after bringing it out?). Air Cannon is probably the least self-destructive of the 3 Cannons we can fire at him as well, aside from edgeguarding us.

I want to say that Meteor Ejection will be helpful in surviving his far-out edgeguards and handling his Explosive balloons when we're trying to edgeguard him, but its lack of vertical height is painful for trying to get around his other edgeguards when our super armor's gone, as well as limiting the distance that we can go in edgeguarding him.

I really don't know which Side B to bring. I want to say Grounding Dash to get us through Pushy Lloids, Trip Saplings, and Slingshots, but what would Drift offer us here? Would Side 1 suffice here?

Would Customger swap out Pocket for Garden in response to us repping Impatient & Air Cannon?

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Juggle-breakers aren't really a big deal vs bjr because you shouldn't be using rapid jab at mid/high %s anyway and all of bjr's aerials have massive disjoint, 2 of which are completely floating. If Villager wants to panic nair bjr's uair will always be safe.

Last edited:

Nagalfar

Smash Rookie
A large part of Jr's efficiency against Villager heavily depends on whether or not the latter is careful about his Gyroid placement. The kart can hit Villager as the gyroid appears (on ground), and your FAir can actually outrange the Gyroid. In edgeguard situations, it means that any time Villager tries to put the missile, you get a lenient window to whack him, which is either free damage or a kill. You can go as deep as necessary to make sure he doesn't go back on stage without a scratch.
The only really annoying part in neutral is both Fair and Bair which means you have to rely on run -> shield instead of karts fake-out and lack of mecha-koopa, but you have way enough means to cover yourself and destroy him before he kills you, unless you get hit by a stray tree or bowling ball.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Yo, I'm @ Oatmeal. Oatmeal. I use :4jigglypuff::4wario::4mewtwo:and:4bowserjr:in tournament with above average success. Somewhat known, well respected.

Since Jr. is a secondary of mine, I thought I'd say hi.

Hi.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The boy :4roy: makes his triumphant appearance in Awkward Zombie!

Although it's a brief one.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Hit Ally with the cannonball in dubs vs him and m2k. Confirmed best projectile.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I don't main Junior, but I wanted to stop by and say I have mad respect for all you people who play him. Alongside :4yoshi: he's always been my favorite Mario character and I have so much nostalgia fighting him in Super Mario Sunshine as a kid, and he was on my wishlist for the next Smash game and he and :4pacman: are the only ones who made it in (though admittedly, I'm one of the people who wanted his paintbrush, was not expecting the Koopa Klown Car but ts cool too)! He isn't exactly my type of character in this game, but I do enjoy playing him for fun every now and then. And considering how he's a tough character to play and not very many people use him, it always makes him even more fun to watch when sometimes pulls him out, and I gotta salute y'all for it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey dudes. I've been continually labbing my :4roy:. He's getting quite crisp! Focusing more on use of aerials and pressure then relying on clown kart and mechkoopa. That was one of my issues before. I also recover a ton better now.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
I don't know if "relying" is the word I'm looking for but definitely just having mechakoopas out and walking around work wonders as long as you're dropping them safely.

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes. I've been continually labbing my :4roy:. He's getting quite crisp! Focusing more on use of aerials and pressure then relying on clown kart and mechkoopa. That was one of my issues before. I also recover a ton better now.

can't wait to see it in tournament!

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Anyone up for some Jr. dittos?
Yes please! I just got back into this game around two weeks ago and would like to have somebody to have bowser jr dittos with.
Anybody else, feel free to add me but leave a note that you're from SB. Otherwise I won't accept it.

NNID: KookiDowgRx-7

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Bowser Jr. players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Bowser Jr. and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

IronLion

Smash Rookie
So I've been stalking this board for a little over a month now specifically as I try to find my Sm4sh main. I never really took Smash serious but I'd like to go the extra mile between school. I was a huge fan (still am) of Snake and kinda pissed he didn't make the cut. (Possible for the future tho!) So I've been trying to find someone who plays like him. Sadly no one can replace that wonderful man's movesets or style. However I've come to accept Bowser Jr. I'm basically an average joe in Smash. Not terrible but not good. So I really want to get better and between playing Elsword and working on stuff I'm putting more effort into Smash. When I get a Wii U or a Capture Card I'll start trying to record my games and posting them and if I get good enough I'll start going to tournaments to try and show the boys

You know Kamina... I mean :4roy:
:4morton: hears a who
:4wendy: Koopa minaj
and that dope fiend, the Smash Bros equivalent to GTA's Trevor :4lemmy:

Lmao okay I'mma stop with the lameness now. But nice to meet all of you, my name is Dayvone, Aka IronLion (that's my legal native name xD) and I hope to contribute to the Bow Jow community.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
'Ello! I'm currently going through a character crisis and am considering Jr, so you'll probably see me asking around here for the next few days. Hopefully I end up liking him!

Top Bottom