• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King's moves (a-huh-huh!)

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Best freaking character ever I LOVE THIS GAME.

Main NOW. My first main heavyweight. It's offical

Top 3 mains:
Kirby
Dedede
Meta

Lots of uses and semi mains:
Mario
Ike
Captain Falcon
Sonic

Everyone else sucks compared to this guy. BEST GAME. WINWINWINWINWIN

overthere

Smash Cadet
Ah, vertical recoveries. They're alright, but I think they could've done something more unique for Dedede. Ike's Aether seems alright, seems exactly like Kirby's cutter.

The Jet hammer is quite unexpected. Will Waddledees be able to be picked up repeatedly?

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
DDD's moves look awesome! I can't wait til this game comes out! The jet thing totally took me by surprise, and his sideB is sweet

Lol, with that upB and probably multiple jumps it looks like kirbs will have another semi-clone!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What if De3's nB turns out to be absorb, and you can absorb Waddle Dees/Doos and Gordos to spit them out for another form of projectile?

Come to think of it, Dedede (if he has absorb) and Kirby should be able to inhale smaller enemies in general. Not every enemy in the Kirby series gives him an ability, and they don't need to in Brawl either.
(I'm talking about Goombas, Waddle Dees, Koopas, Octoroks, certain members of the SA, etc...)

Waddle Doos should give Kirby the beam ability, too!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this character is just awesome.

I know other characters have similar attributes, but King Dedede's (pronounced "day-day-day" according to the anime) moves just seem really well thought out. All this talk of canceling, and vulnerability really renews my faith in Sakurai, and hope for this game. All of his moves just seem cool so far. King Dedede all the way! He deserves his spot in Brawl.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I like... I like... good moves, you know what, lets all forget about "mains" and just play every one.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I like... I like... good moves, you know what, lets all forget about "mains" and just play every one.
I'll main random if you will. :p

Dedede looks like a very fun character to play so far. It'll be interesting to see what uses we pull out of cancelling the Up special. The only question on his side special is whether it's instant throw, or if he pulls them out and thens throws them (can he hold and throw up or down, or only to the sides?) in two motions, like Link/Peach.

Only problem so far is that his facial expressions look a bit stiff. Like he's not aware of his surroundings like all the other characters are. Oh well, I'm sure Sakurai knows how to faithfully recreate Dedede, lol.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I'll main random if you will. :p.
ok. as soon as I get a wii.. :(

Dedede looks like a very fun character to play so far. It'll be interesting to see what uses we pull out of cancelling the Up special. The only question on his side special is whether it's instant throw, or if he pulls them out and thens throws them (can he hold and throw up or down, or only to the sides?) in two motions, like Link/Peach.

Only problem so far is that his facial expressions look a bit stiff. Like he's not aware of his surroundings like all the other characters are. Oh well, I'm sure Sakurai knows how to faithfully recreate Dedede, lol.
seems like he just throws it to me...

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Such unique moves, and so fitting to his character. Utterly fantastic.

I speculate about this in my blog, but I wonder what's the limit, if any, on his Side-B. Seems like it could be abused if there's no limit, but at the same time a limit would be kind of strange.

We shall see, eh?

Also, I LOVE his Up-B. It's like other's down-Bs, but that sucker jumps high.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
really? u guys think this is agood moveset? well b moves rnt everything i guess, but i was expecting somthing diffrent but w.e looks good still nd he puffs like kirby wen he jumops doesnt he? so he'll have good recovery

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
ive been thinking about i nd ya hes pretty ill HOWEVER i dont like his design its not as new as the others it seems

Deception

Smash Ace
ive been thinking about i nd ya hes pretty ill HOWEVER i dont like his design its not as new as the others it seems
Sakurai created him, however, so he'll use whatever design he likes. Meta Knight is still cooler (and I'm not saying that because I think he'll be top tier), but Dedede is unique, and that is what is good about him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
why would it be that when he could have an earthqauke? kirby would swallow DDD just to get the abillity to suck stuff up AGAIN!
Maybe because that's Dedede's signature move? That's why he would have his vacuum suck? Have you even played the games?

Top Bottom