• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King's moves (a-huh-huh!)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wow... I just realized that all we need now is KRool and/or Ridley and we can have a clash of the villains!

(Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf, KRool, Ridley)
Just about every major series' major villain will be in this game! Brawl's really going to be the best game ever, isn't it? I'M SO EXCITED!

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
"IMO, I quite like DDD's original design. It wouldn't suit him if he were in a gangsta outfit, now would it?" -

haha r u calling me a gangsta lol nah im white as hell but i cnt type 4 ****

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
looks like we got another kirby character. awesome.

He looks like he'll be a pretty good character, but hopefully he doesn't play along the same line as the IC'ers. that'll just be annoying. I mean, so far i'm not seeing any clones of other characters.

I'll be sure to give him a shot, but i'll be using Metaknight first though.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
He controled all the people in dream land. And I was thinking about it and yes he has that attack, but Sakurai made up the name
Well of course he made up the name, geez...

I mean, Mario's jump didn't really have an offical name until SSB came around, now did it?

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
Of all the new characters so far King D looks like the most dominate. I mean Sonic, Wario, etc are real interesting but D looks rough. The height of the upB on a heavy is genius. Then projectiles and a charge attack? Wow.

I would guess his standing B is going to a suck like kirby with no power copy. Perhaps even a longer spit out distance? I remember he could launch kirby in the dreamland games.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
What's so bad about Aether? Ike has some of the worst recovery in the game that we've seen so far because of it. Straight up and down moves are terrible, and in a lot of cases predictable.
I still believe it's more useful than horizontal recovery moves.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I know other characters have similar attributes, but King Dedede's (pronounced "day-day-day" according to the anime) moves just seem really well thought out.
This ****ing pisses me off. It's pronounced "DEH DEH DEH" in the official Japanese pronounciation, not "DAY-DAY-DAY"; makes you sound like a hick. Especially since that's the only way to pronounce the word "Dedede" since there is no Japanese letter/sound for the sound that is "Dee/Di", is like it's spelled: "DEH-DEH-DEH".

The official English pronounciation however is "DEE-DEE-DEE".

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
a hammer earthqauke?

ps i know i guy whos brother blew up a tickle me elmo. its dying words were"hahahahahah. that tickles."
I saw that, it was so funny, but completely unrelated.

A hammer earthquake attack sounds completely unoriginal; plus let's leave the Earthquake attacks to a character like Muddy Mole.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Dedede looks like he will be a ***** to fight against. He will be heavy, the range of his hammer, decent recovery (if he jumps like Kirby), powerful, and turnip-like projectiles (I HATE the turnips!).

I hope he some lag to balance him out or something.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Dedede looks like he will be a ***** to fight against. He will be heavy, the range of his hammer, decent recovery (if he jumps like Kirby), powerful, and turnip-like projectiles (I HATE the turnips!).

I hope he some lag to balance him out or something.
And yet, all those reasons make it a good idea to main him! :grin:

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
If you cancel the up + B, can you do it again before landing? If you can and if you can cancel it at the height of the jump, it'd pretty much mean infinite vertical recovery.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I've never really played a Kirby game, except Kirby 64, and Dedede was nearly the same size as Kirby, actually, all the characters were relatively the same size. I had no idea Dedede was so large. I'm not keen on using heavyweight characters, but I'll certainly have to give him a try.

Wednesday's Child

Smash Rookie
I thought it was pronounced Dee-Deh-Dee.
Anyway, considering all the extra little touches they've added to the game I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Kirby the ability to use Waddle Doo Beam attack. I think it would be awesome.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
theres gonna b alot more heavy charachters i predict AT LEAST ridely, so dont go saying who ur gonna main yet WiLl C

Top Bottom