• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King's moves (a-huh-huh!)

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I don't think his nB will be his vacuum suck. Why? Because, that wouldn't make much sense for Kirby, now would it?
It could be a built-in advantage for him over Kirby. To balance Kirby can suck up Dees and spit them at King D and Doos and get an eye beam power.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It could be a built-in advantage for him over Kirby. To balance Kirby can suck up Dees and spit them at King D and Doos and get an eye beam power.
I don't think you people realize the difference between Dedede's vaccum suck and kirby's...

As in Dedede's is similar to THROW power

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
idk jak shizzit about the kirby series but some guys were talking about the powers of the things he throws he has the game mayb he gets that power or sumthinnnnn idk
nd i think sakurai did say that bowser is the heaviest charachter in the game

D

Deleted member

DDD's Specialties

I've beaten Kirby's Adventure; the Super DDD Jump is nostalgia...:grin:

D

Deleted member

We'll find out exaclty how good this chubby penguin is come February.:nerd:

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
he looks ok but ill beat any DDD with diddy kong cuz diddy kong is illl

...wolf crystal and midna wolf 4 brawl

Wazzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
wazzle
It's interesting that you mentioned the stars coming out at the sides. Though they do have a similarity to Yoshi's Down-B Melee move, that is not the purpose. In the Dedede boss fight in Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), the only way to damage Dedede without an ability is to wait for him to do that move. When he lands, the exact same stars come out on the sides, and you suck them up and spit them back out at him. They only exist for about a second before disappearing for a second, though. Maybe they will be used as a pick-up-and-throw item in Brawl?????:confused:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
It's interesting that you mentioned the stars coming out at the sides. Though they do have a similarity to Yoshi's Down-B Melee move, that is not the purpose. In the Dedede boss fight in Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), the only way to damage Dedede without an ability is to wait for him to do that move. When he lands, the exact same stars come out on the sides, and you suck them up and spit them back out at him. They only exist for about a second before disappearing for a second, though. Maybe they will be used as a pick-up-and-throw item in Brawl?????:confused:
That's how I always imagined it would work.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I doubt you'll be able to pick up the stars. It would make attempting to actually attack with that move a total waste because it would be easy to counter. It would be like having Bowser totally defenseless to a behind-grab because he had his tail. Or like giving Ganondorf a projectile move, and being able to reflect it back at him by hitting it.

Wazzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
wazzle
I doubt you'll be able to pick up the stars. It would make attempting to actually attack with that move a total waste because it would be easy to counter. It would be like having Bowser totally defenseless to a behind-grab because he had his tail. Or like giving Ganondorf a projectile move, and being able to reflect it back at him by hitting it.
I suppose, but that would be something you would have to consider. It would also give the jump cancel a good reason for existing, so if you juts want to go high and not be vunlerable. Also, it just kind of makes sense, because heavy characters have always been the most vulnerable.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I think the stars are meant to sort of "extend" his hit range when he lands in a very flavorful way. Those stars hurt you if you're hit by them in Kirby. I think it's a fantastic touch.

I actually predicted the stars in my blog, though I had expected him to have a mallet-type move in which he slammed it on the ground and it produced stars on either side. We shall see, yeah?

Also, I highly doubt we're going to be able to use said stars...that'd be silly.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if u can jum cancel those things he throws just like peach can jump cancel her turnips

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I suppose, but that would be something you would have to consider. It would also give the jump cancel a good reason for existing, so if you juts want to go high and not be vunlerable. Also, it just kind of makes sense, because heavy characters have always been the most vulnerable.
So the heavy characters HAVE to have counterable moves? Nah, maybe some, but not that many (and definitely not like that.)

I'm wondering if you can still hurt your opponents by landing on them with a failed uB cancel? I think it's safe to assume that Dedede will fall on his face if he attempts to cancel too late, possibly hurting himself. But if he lands on someone, they should still take SOME damage. Not as much as an uncancelled uB, but still a little.

Top Bottom