• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Johto Gym Battle Tournament: Congrats to Dabuz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy p

Smash Lord
The Johto Gym Battle Tournament

Welcome to the second installment of DTP's original "Gym Battle Tournament", Hosted By Sonic Storm, Dualseeker, and myself, Sammy p. Your Mission: Beat all of the Gym leaders that stand in your way to becoming the best brawler in the land. but it's MUCH easier said than done. These Gym leaders are no pushovers, and Team Rocket also stands in your way to reach your goal this time.
As the winner of this tournament, the grand prize will be 2000 wii points.

Date & Time
-This will start AS SOON as its posted, and you can sign up at any time.
-It will last all summer, so you have time to beat everyone there is to beat. But certainly dont dawdle. there will most likely be MANY people signing up, and everyone helping out with this has a life of their own, so we will all be fairly limited to how much we can play.

General Rules
-There are specific rules the will be used for all matches, and then there are also rules that will only be applied to only certain matches(all gym leaders make their own rules, so ALL rules will differ one way or another).
-You will get to choose the stages to be played on, but your choices will be limited(this will be explained in the specific gym rules).
-You cannot switch the character you decide you use, so make sure you decide carefully.
-You will not be forced to use all your characters in each gym battle.
-But, if you DO happen to make it to the real tournament, you will have to use them all.
- Zelda and Shiek will be one character along with Pokemon Trainer; this is only because its pretty easy to switch them accidentally.

Lag Rules
-Gym leaders or the contestants should contact myself, or Dualseeker or Sonic Storm if it is bad enough, if this does happen, one of us three will join as an intermediary to try and reduce the lag.
-If this does not help at all, you can simply play through it.
-And if disconnections happen repeatedly, a another gym leader will be used, but the original gym leader's rules will still apply.

More important gym leader info
-If you win against a Gym leader, post it HERE in the thread! This way, i can make the neccessary changes.
-You can only challenge a gym leader once per day.
-There is no penalty for losing to a gym leader. But there IS a penalty for losing to a Team Rocket member

- You can challenge the Azelea Gym before you challenge the Violet Gym!!
(you can challenge Bugsy before Falkenr if you really wanted to).

-You can challenge the Ecruteak Gym before you challenge the Goldenrod Gym!!
(You can challenge Morty before you challenge Whitney if you really wanted to).

-You can challenge the Oliving Gym before you challenge the Cianwood Gym!!
(you can challenge Jasmine before you challenge Chuck if you really wanted to).

The only two you have to challenge in order are the Mahogany Gym and the Blackthorn Gym.
(the only reason for this is because The Rocket admin between Pryce and Clair).

-If you can beat all 8 Gym Leaders, and both Rocket Members, you will qualify for the final tournament, where only the elite will fight, and you will qualify for the 2000 Wii points grand prize.
-DO NOT challenge gym leaders here in this thread!! challenge them by either PM or VM! leave the thread for outcomes, and any additional info!
-Like i previously stated, we gym leaders and rocket members have lives of our own, so we may not be able to play EXACTLY when you are free! give us time; We will fight you eventually. this tournament will take all summer, so PLEASE dont get anxious.

How to sign up
-As i stated earlier, you can choose 6 different characters to play with.
- You will not be forced to use them all though. in all reality, you can use the same characters repeatedly if needed.
- sign-up format:
username/friend code/tag/6 characters

Johto Gym Leaders/Rocket Members

Falkner - Jbandit
"I'm Falkner, the Violet City Gym leader! People say you can clip Fyling-Types wings is a jolt of electricity.... I wont allow such insults to bird pokemon! I'll show you the real power of the magnificent Bird pokemon!"

Pokemon:
:yoshi2::jigglypuff::lucas:

Rules
My gym is normal rules 3 stock, 8 minutes but I have this kindof cool idea. We play sets.

:lucas: = Neutral: Battlefield CP: Brinstar
:yoshi2: = Neutral: Delfino Island CP: Yoshi's Island (Melee)
:Jigglypuff: = Neutral: PS2*For the air part* Rumble Falls*

Now the matches would be played like this. 3 sets could be played. Now for the sets you can only use one character such as this

Set 1: 2/3
:lucas: vs. :mario2:

During the set can only use and they can only use

Next set is played the same way

Set 2: 2/3
:yoshi2: vs. :luigi2:

Now a third set could be played in the result of a tie.

Bugsy - Dualseeker
"I'm Busgy! I never lose when it comes to bug-type pokemon. My research is going to make me the authority on Bug-type pokemon. Let me demonstrate what i've learned from my studies!"

Characters:
:pit::marth::kirby2::olimar:

Rules
4 stock 10 mins. and we will play ONE set. Best 3 out of 5 wins

The stages for the characters will be:

Pit Neutral: Distant Planet, Counter Pick: Green Greens.
Kirby Neutral: Green Greens, Counter Pick: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Marth Neutral: Yoshi's Island (Melee), Counter Pick: Distant Planet
Olimar Neutral: Distant Planet, Counter Pick: Yoshi's Island (Brawl).

Whitney - Dvon21
"Hi! I'm Whitney! Everyone was into Pokemon, so I got into it too! You want to battle? I'm warning you -- I'm super good!" :D

So you made it to the 3rd gym battle? Here you can see if your patience, strength and endurance match up against a highly effective opponent. With flinch inducing stomp, the immobilizing effects of attract and a damaging rollout attack, your pokemon can easily fall into a trap and get pretty beaten up. Also, with high HP battles can last a long time. But don't worry, it won't be too long once I end that trap with a quick KO.

Characters:
:diddy:

Rules:
My rules will consist of:
3 Sets of 2/3
3 Stock
10 Minutes
*We will each decide a stage before beginning the set, in case of a 3rd match you can CP
*I will get a ban for 3rd match
*only one character per set

To get the Plain badge you'll have to fight my diddy on simplistic stages
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
CP list is standard. (PS1 or 2 would be fitting though)

Morty - Yusei F.
Good of you to have come. Here, in Ecruteak, Pokémon have been revered. It's said that a rainbow-colored Pokémon will come down to appear before a truly powerful trainer. I believed that tale, so I have secretly trained here all my life. As a result, I can now see what others cannot. Just a bit more...With a little more, I could see a future in which I meet the Pokémon of rainbow colors. You're going to help me reach that level!"

Characters:
:zelda:/:shiek:

Rules
-Transforms after each of her lost stock
-4 stock
-10 minutes
-Final Destination, Battlefield, Brinstar, Frigate Orpheon, and Luigi's Mansion as stages
-Challenger chooses all stages played on
-Best 2/3 match

Chuck - Nightsky
"Wahahah! So you've come this far! Let me tell you, I'm tough! My Pokémon will crush stones and shatter bones! Watch this! Urggh! Oooarrgh! There! Scared now, are you? What? It has nothing to do with Pokémon? That's true! Come on. We shall do battle!"

Characters
:ganondorf::dedede::luigi2:

rules
First off Challenger's will have to defeat my :dedede: and :ganondorf: in ladder format.
3 Stock
8 minutes
all infinites and stalling is banned

out of the stage list, the challenger gets to choose the stage.
After They are defeated you will have to face my :luigi2: in a 2/3 set, once you beat my ganon and DDD however you no longer have to face them again if you lose. Meaning next Challenge you will just fight my Luigi.
If My Luigi Loses a match my CP will always be Frigate Orpheon.
2/3 set
satges: Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
PS1
PS2

Jasmine - Hot_Arms/U]
"Thank you for your help at the Lighthouse... But this is different. Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Jasmine, a Gym Leader. I use the Steel-type. ...Do you know about the Steel-type? It's a type that was only recently discovered. ...Um... May I begin?"

Characters
:bowser::kirby2::metaknight::dedede:

rules
Two different fighting styles:
Rules for Crew Battles-
-Both the leader and challenger get 16 stocks each.
-They can spilt it any way between their 4 characters, but 3 lives is lowest a charcter can recieve and 5 the highest.
-Matches are on Neutral Stages only and Counter Picking will only be with Neutrals.
-The Challenger can switch upon victory, but the Leader cannot.
-First one to lose all their characters loses.

Rules for Ladder (Alternative)-
-1v1, Best of ∞, or until you beat the characters in the ladder.
-Around 2-3 characters in the ladder.
-The Final Match is against "Jasmine" being best of 3.

Times available (during school days)-
Monday-Wednesday, Friday: 4-6:30pm EST.
Thursday: 2:30pm-6:30pm EST.
Saturday: Frequently; almost all day.
Sunday: Varies, but after 6pm EST is probably best.

Stages:
neutrals, and counterpicks are only neutral stages

Pryce - Kirbywizard
"When the ice and snow melt, spring arrives. You and your Pokémon will be together for many years to come. Cherish your time together!"

Characters
:ganondorf::olimar::luigi2:

rules
You have only one chance to do this so make it count, my gym will test your limits. You will only be allowed to play once on the three following stages, and you will only have one stock. At the same time you must use three characetrs in this 3/5 match. The stages will be picked in this exact order, so be careful of which characters you choose. Did I mention we both only have one stock?

Stages: BF,PS1, and finally the Summit.

Basic Rules:
10 Minute Timer
One Stock
Best 3/5

Clair - Sonic Storm
"I am Clair. The world's best dragon master. I can hold my own against even the best around here. Do you still want to take me on? ...Fine. Let's do it! As a Gym Leader, I will use my power against any opponent!"

characters
:sonic::link2::yoshi2::pt::bowser::metaknight:

rules
The format for this gym battle will be a full 6v6 crew-style battle, with 4 stocks for each character. If my character falls in a match, the challenger will have the liberty to switch his character to cope with my next choice; I will not receive such lenience if the challenger falls, however. Regular counterpicking rules will apply - the loser shall CP a stage, the winner may ban a stage during the CP process - but Dave's Stupid Rule is not applied (I may change this). We will keep going until one person loses all 24 stocks.

The stages are as follows:

Final Destination - the ultimatum for Brawlers.
Battlefield - the scenic point of legends.
Norfair - The Dragon's Den.
Castle Siege - the epic foreground.
Rainbow Cruise - The Dragon's Flight Path.
Brinstar - The (other) Dragon's Den
Pokemon Stadium 1 - The site where the elite are recognized.

I wish you the best of luck. You will need it.

Archer - .WC.
Archer is a Team Rocket admin. you will fight him AFTER Pryce and BEFORE Clair, and you must beat him before you can challenge Clair.
you get no badge for defeating him, and there is no penalty for losing to him.

Characters
:snake::metaknight::diddy:

Rules
3 stock
8 minutes
2/3 set
stages are neutrals, and counterpicks can be castle siege, PS1, Norfair. and Rainbow Cruise.
only the rocket admin has the abilitly to counterpick stages.

Rocket Grunt - The Great Kazoo
Rocket Grunt can challenge you at any point throughout your journey between the 2nd gym, and the 7th gym. once you are challenged by a rocket grunt, you may not challenge another gym leader until you beat him. you only have to face him once, win or lose. if you win, you can carry along like nothin g ever happened, but if you LOSE, your most recent badge is lost, and you must rechallenge that gym leader.

characters
:falcon::falco::lucario:

Rules
3v3 crew battle style
3 stock
8 minutes

Stages:
Halberd
Spear Pillar
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination

Stages WILL be played on in that order if need be.

sammy p

Smash Lord
1. Jimmyfosho/3094-8397-9269/Jimmy/:mario2: :pt: :fox: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :luigi2:

2. roacherman/0946-7529-4709/ROACH/:kirby::luigi::sonic::toonlink::lucas::lucario:

3. DTK_of_DWMA/4383-3728-0966/Soul or L/:lucario: :pt: :falco: :ike: :toonlink: :diddy:

4. SKy angel/3524-3054/8470/+Sky+/:marth::lucas::kirby2::toonlink::link2::zelda:/:shiek:

5. Boo13/Boo/1075-0570-2808/:popo: :rob: :marth: :dedede: :metaknight: :wario:

6. KoRoBeNiKi/KoRo/1934-3901-4627/:luigi2::falco::shiek::snake::gw::falcon:

7.Darktoon/4082-4839-0940/Dark/:toonlink::kirby2::fox::pikachu2::mario2::link:

8.thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/ :mario2::zelda::pit::rob::marth: :wolf:

9. Yaya/YAYA/5327-0574-2389/:pt::metaknight::toonlink::wario::jigglypuff::fox:

10. Bnzaaa/Bnzaa/2363-5880-6155/:popo::toonlink::gw::snake::dedede::metaknight:

11. PwnerBren7/5155-2584-0929/Bren°/:metaknight: :snake: :dedede: :marth: :pit: :falco:

12. LordoftheMorning/4768-7160-3233/LotM/:lucario::falco::shiek::fox::marth::ganondorf:

13. Slader7/ 4768-8130-4063 / Slade /:falcon::snake::falco::marth::link2: :zerosuitsamus:

14. Ray Robo/SoRay/3395-5573-1816/:falco: :diddy: :snake: :marth: :dedede: :gw:

15. Rawnie/OBV/4425-4965-2484/:metaknight: :marth: :falco: :pikachu2: :peach: :zelda:/:shiek:

16. PentaSalia/2621-2318-8014/:gw::ike::peach::wolf::mario2::ganondorf:

17. dabuz/dabuz/2191-7315-3890/:olimar::pt::toonlink::kirby2::sonic::mario2:

18. Exn/Zen/5070-2805-2051/:ness2::jigglypuff::pikachu2::diddy::kirby2: :metaknight:

19. The Nameless Wanderer/Zolo/0388-5662-9269 /:wario::ganondorf::gw::falcon::luigi2::sonic:

sammy p

Smash Lord
20. Azuraith/Azur/2105-8317-6524/:dk2: :toonlink: :fox: :marth: :olimar: :snake:

21. Kofu/3480-2408-7824/YoAto/:gw::rob::wario::bowser:::ganondorf::jigglypuff:

22. C Spyker/Raine/2964-9820-5970/:peach: :pit: :falco: :rob: :sonic: :metaknight:

23.Red Ryu/RedRy/2578-2778-1689/:lucario::link2::peach::falco::sonic::dk2:

24. Hot_ArmS/1160-9397-3726/HarmS/:snake::metaknight::dedede::dk2::peach::gw:

25. Psychicboy\ Psy\ 4855-7368-5543\ :pit::fox::toonlink::ganondorf::diddy::olimar:

26. Z'zgashi / GASHI / 5456-4729-9410 / :yoshi2: :dedede: :wolf: :peach: :marth: :ike:

27. Meta_Knight_777/5070-3673-1039/MK777/:wario::metaknight::falco::pit::toonlink::dedede:

28. Yonder/3652-0274-9480/Ingle/:luigi2::gw::dk2::yoshi2::mario2::olimar:

29. Cubone/Qbone/1892-5519-8814/:rob::gw::diddy::dedede::ness2::metaknight:

30. Sneakytaco/4984-8402-2302/TAKO/:rob::pikachu::pit::gw::metaknight::pt:

31. Xplo/ 2707-2619-7100/ Xplo/:kirby2::pt::bowser::ganondorf::pit::link2:

32. mariobrouser/ 0602-7528-3919/BSP/ :luigi2::mario2::falco::gw::sonic::snake:

33. mcmuff1nman/0173-2745-5921/MUF!N/:olimar::fox::peach::gw::snake::metaknight:

34.redzone/rz908/4167-4420-2964/:mario2::wario::dk2::sonic::olimar::kirby2:

35. pelca/Pelca/5155-2848-2917/:falco::metaknight::snake::wario::fox::diddy:

36. LashD094/LashD/4339-2283-1562/:wario::metaknight::marth::luigi2::snake::falcon:

37. vmage/Vmage/1118-0507-9458/:jigglypuff::kirby2::wolf::popo::falcon::toonlink:

38. generalwoodmen/WaNgO/2492-3885-1818/:jigglypuff::ivysaur::falcon::fox::marth::falco:

39. Kewl/Kewl/4639-9235-8573/:gw::olimar::kirby2::zelda::wario::pikachu:

40. DTP/I forget my FC/.__./:luigi2::zelda:/:shiek::peach::kirby2::snake::samus2:

41. Dark horse/2923-1779-9509/DARKH/:toonlink::kirby2::luigi2::ike::wario::dedede:

42. lashing_leaf/1719-8786-4285/LEAF/:kirby2::pikachu::falco::pit::ness2::lucario:

43. recontra1234/4983-4642-0701/Andre/:yoshi2::marth::lucas::zelda::dk2::metaknight

44. Deadlykiller1/3007-8163-4946/1+1=3/:zeda::gw::olimar::peach::mario2::rob:

45. andyisjudo/3867-3811-2442/L-Don/:marth::metaknight::luigi2::snake::wolf::diddy:

46. elnonombrenombre/1548-8263-8134/ENNH/:pikachu2::marth::lucario::fox::dedede:(:zelda:/:shiek:)

sammy p

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Grand Tournament

Congrats to TheGreatKazoo, Bnzaaa, Dabuz, and Hot_ArmS. Out of every competitor to enter this tournament, you four have proven to be the best of the best. Your almost done! All thats left in your way of the prize is 2 battles from people who have overcome the same obstacles as you.

Deadlines

There really is no need for a deadline. I trust you four are all capable of getting your matches done without hassle.
But if there is a complait that you are taking too long without an excusable reason, i will warn you. I feel you've made it too far to just be taken out. But, if AFTER the warning, you have made no more of an effort to get the matches done, you WILL be eliminated that time.

Rules

-This will be a 4-man, RANDOMLY seeded tourney(if you dont like this.... get over it :p).
-This will be 6-man crew battle style.
-Each character will get THREE(3) lives
-Everyone is allowed to change ONE(1) character before the start of this tournament, but they must state it in this thread before-hand.
-You may NOT switch out characters. if you win a match with a character, you MUST compete with that character until you lose all stocks.
-Each opponent will get to choose one stage to use per game. First stage will be used from the beginning of the match until one of the opponents loses 3 characters (Thein total. The stage will then switch to the other opponents stage pick and be played on until a winner is declared.
-Players will have come to an agreement regarding which stage is used first and second. If you can't come to an agreement, then the players will fight to decide. 1 Character, 1 stock, random neutral. Winner chooses when they want their stage to be used.
-If both players agree then you can play on one stage for the entire match. But ONLY if both players agree to it.
-Each player will be allowed to ban ONE stage prior to each match.

Stages

Stages to choose from are as follows:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smahsville
-Yoshi's Story
-Delfino Plaza
-Pokemon Stadium 1/2

ok guys, keep your eyes on the prize! 2000 wii points are on the line.
Good luck to all!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Name - TheGreatKazoo
Tag Name - KAB or others
Friendcode - 2922-8999-6173
Team - :mario2::zelda::falco::rob::marth::wolf:

Name - Bnzaaa
Tag Name - Bnzaa
Friendcode - 2363-5880-6155
Team - :popo::toonlink::gw::snake::dedede::metaknight:

Name - Dabuz
Tag Name - dabuz
Friendcode - 2191-7315-3890
Team - :olimar::pt::toonlink::kirby2::shiek::mario2:

Name - Hot_ArmS
Tag Name - HarmS
Friendcode - 1160-9397-3726
Team - :snake::metaknight::dedede::dk::kirby2::gw:

_________________________________________________________________________________

ROUND 1

Dabuz Win
VS.
Hot_ArmS Lose

TheGreatKazoo Lose
VS.
Bnzaaa Win

FINAL ROUND

Dabuz
VS.
Bnzaaa

Best of luck to all you guys :)

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Meh...*dusts off kanto region badges*

I'll join.

DTK_of_DWMA/4383-3728-0966/Soul or L/:lucario: :pt: :falco: :ike: :toonlink: :diddy:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Good job sammy ^_^ oh and ill just record my winners/loser in my thread in the backroom. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Time to join this

roacherman/0946-7529-4709/ROACH/:kirby::luigi::sonic::toonlink::lucas::lucario:

I had trouble deciding the last one so I just decided to go with an actual Pokemon :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm looking forward to kicking Clair's ***

That'll teach her to have a water/dragon on her team obligating me to bring out Raikou :mad:

sammy p

Smash Lord
thanks Jbandit :)
glad to see you join Roach!
and yea i would maybe like to find a grunt avatar myself Knubs... mabey all of us should get avis for our gym leaders :laugh:
some already have

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Well dual asked me to try it. So I will! >W<

Look forward in seeing you in battle as well dual. :p -Files through hair- :3 oh boy XD I see Aibou in this. o; oh boy. XDDD

SKy Angel/3524-3054-8470/+Sky+/

sammy p

Smash Lord
Roach, the tourney starts NOW!
it started as soon as i posted it

and i shall add you now SKy angel :0 ive heard nothing but good things about you so i cant wait to fight you myself!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh ok then

I challenge you Falkner aka Jbandit!

:mad:

If I win this, I can finally buy the Super Smash Bros. 64 I've been wanting to get forever :D

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
needs gym leaders :O

But I will sign up. Do my characters also need to be who they are using as well?

KoRoBeNiKi/KoRo/1934-3901-4627
My "pokemon

Gumpig: Purple Luigi (LOL)
Pidgeot: Grey Falco
Jinx: Sheik
Miltank: Black Snake
Shiny Chatlot: Game and watch
Kangaskan: Captain Falcon

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Haha. XD Before I do anything Sammy-kun! ;3 (Also depending from the good news you hear I fight my own style so I try not to really do to much especially when I'm getting ready to go the MLG Tournament live. Just keep in mind I like to have fun with my battles. :3 and rivals. XD) (excuse my typo's try to understand what I say on here. English not my proper language. XD )

ANY WHO BACK ON SUBJECT! ;3

I just want to make sure I get this straight. So I have to read one of your rules, and I can pick any character out of the six I play with right? This is sort of like a pokemon battle? XD

sammy p

Smash Lord
exactly! its pretty much just like a pokemon battle. but you HAVE to stick with the 6 pokemon you chose! theres no switching anymore... the characters you gave me are the characters you fight with!

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Right if one of them dies instantly after the match is that just a game over or I don't get to pick any of my other main 3 characters? owo?

Well let me say this in other words in case that was confusing.

If one of my characters I pick gets to fight you, but if I lose one round after 3 stocks are gone. Do I get to pick another character depending on how many rounds I get with the player I'm fighting with? I just want to make sure I get this right so I won't go screaming my head off for no reason. XD

sammy p

Smash Lord
no, if a gym leader, wants you to use 3 pokemon for your match, you can only use those 3 until you are done fighting! but once your done, you still have those 6 pokemon.... does that kindof make sense??

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I get it. >W> I have to choose my pokemon wise out of the 6 I have chosen. XD ( Lol poor brawl characters their probably like. " WERE NOT POKEMON PEOPLE D< XD " Loll ) I would of used pikachu in this but.. o; I was a little odd ball with myself hmm. x.x;...

Any who not the idea. >W>; I think I got it. So if I fought you. I have to ask you do we use 3 different pokemon's (characters) XD All together if one pokemon dies? ;3

Aibou

Smash Master
Well dual asked me to try it. So I will! >W<

Look forward in seeing you in battle as well dual. :p -Files through hair- :3 oh boy XD I see Aibou in this. o; oh boy. XDDD

SKy Angel/3524-3054-8470/+Sky+/
Believe me when I say I should be the least of your worries :evil:

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Believe me when I say I should be the least of your worries :evil:

Hahahahaa....... I find that hard to believe. XDDD Besides I know that Dual has up his game with his marth so that is one of my least to worry about indeed. o; I perhaps have to choose careful if I do end up brawling you in this Aibou. It's been a while... -Rubs chin.- XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom