• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jigglypuff Chat room! Everything Jigglypuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I have trouble hitting opponents with my air attacks when they are on the ground - it seems like Jiggs is so floaty, the short-hops even go above an opponent's head. Thoughts on attack timing?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I have trouble hitting opponents with my air attacks when they are on the ground - it seems like Jiggs is so floaty, the short-hops even go above an opponent's head. Thoughts on attack timing?
Fast fall your attacks. If you slam good DI's after the attacks, its works wonders. A fast-falled fair is dangerous near the ground but a bair combined with a backwards DI is amazing.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I like to shorthop and float for a second THEN going forward and fairing. Then Drift back if they shield or keep up the pressure if it works.

Also. I might be alone in this but if my Fair is seriously degraded I like dairing offstage. With correct drift you can Dair> Nair. Fun stuffs.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I like to shorthop and float for a second THEN going forward and fairing. Then Drift back if they shield or keep up the pressure if it works.

Also. I might be alone in this but if my Fair is seriously degraded I like dairing offstage. With correct drift you can Dair> Nair. Fun stuffs.
Yeah, at high percentages dair works well. The problem at lower percentages is you generally get under your opponent or its harder to hit with because you have to jump right before. I really like nair gimping weaker recoveries. And hey Terios.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah, at high percentages dair works well. The problem at lower percentages is you generally get under your opponent or its harder to hit with because you have to jump right before. I really like nair gimping weaker recoveries. And hey Terios.
I don't mind having to jump before the dair. I played Falco alot in Melee. ;) If I seem to not be able to space the dair right I'll just retreating fair (depending on the opponent you have to fastfall after the fair) for the spacing and try to get a dair again.

What's up!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I don't mind having to jump before the dair. I played Falco alot in Melee. ;) If I seem to not be able to space the dair right I'll just retreating fair (depending on the opponent you have to fastfall after the fair) for the spacing and try to get a dair again.

What's up!
Yeah, jumping the dair is slightly more awkward than Falco because of her smaller jumps, so its hard to jump truly from under someone to a nice dair. But its definitely workable and even if they go above you, a nice dair screws up a recovery. I did this just recently to a Luigi who second jumped to his B-down, interrupted it with a dair in the startup so he died. Dair also works well on a Falco trying to B-up, although I prefer a sour-spotted fair.

And Terios, I'm working on re-working my guide so its truly amazing.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
when you short hop and do 2 bairs is called a bair bounce. (well i call it that lol) the second one cancels halfway when you hit the ground

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
How about Sonic?
hmmm....
Sonic isn't so bad if you play your cards right. you beat out his air game 75% of the time b/c of higher priority, beware some of his moves do have enough to outbeat yours sometimes. so really its a matter of can he keep fighting you on the ground or not. i don't fight many Sonics w/ JP, but thats how the few i fought matchs did go.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic does have attacks that are long ranged!

We have Uair which is disjointed.

Bair is long enough as is, but even then it has slight disjointedness.

And Dair should we be above you will work as well.

However I agree that anything else, be it HA, Nair, usually Fair...we lose out.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We'll leave that for another day though.

On another note HAI TERIOS WHAT ER YOU DOIN' UP THIS LATE!?!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well some people have different schedules then...usually I'm asleep at this hour, but somehow my school just went along with a four-day weekend.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah i was refering to Bair and Uair. i guess those times i lost too it i was outranged, unless i used pound lol. btw since i never go there how active are the sonic boards?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Really, once you visit the Sonic boards once, you'll only come back for more...unless you're Peachy, which we did kind of angered him/her/it/potato away...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Still though...it would be nice that we would rather just be feared by the non-frequenters than hated...I miss him/her/it/potato now... We're sorry, we're the Sonic boards, we can't see straight because we worship Steak too much! :(

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
lol, since i don't really like sonic i'd probably stay away from the board anyway. i juast had to ask since some boards coughcoguhzamuscoughcoughcough are so dead its not even funny lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I didn't like him when I first tried him out...but look where I am now!

Gotta race, Ace!

Edit: @#$% broken link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom