• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Item that should banished from Smash forever

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The fan is one of my favorite items, but what's with adding a bunch of explosive items in place of cool items like the Parasol, Red Shell, and Cloaking Device. I can understand the C.D....but jeez.

Gooey Bomb. The Smart Bomb has its points, but the other is so freakin' annoying.

What's worse is that I don't have a favorite item in this game...would've probably been the Red Shell, though. Sakurai!!!!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
To be completely honest, I've actually had more use for the smoke balls than I have for other items. I used to throw them at my opponents while they were on the advance just to throw them off their game for a second. And I don't know how, but it usually works. <.<

As for my least favorite item and the one I think they should just completely eliminate...

The Dragoon.

It's basically the stupidest excuse of an ultimate kill move that I've ever seen. You run around, trying to pick up these three pieces of stupidity, and all the while you're basically just beating the ever living hell out of each other for them. And then, by the time you actually get all three pieces, the battle may be over because you just had to stock your opponent three times after he decided to be a little piss ant and pick the same piece up on each stock. And as other people have mentioned, you can tell the stupid thing is biased. It will take one hit for you to drop it, whereas it seems to take everyone else about fifty hits before they drop it. Oh, and after you get it...then you basically just get a free stock. But for how long it takes you to get the pieces for said free stock, it doesn't even really seem worth it. -.-

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The Answer

It is quite simple my friends.

All items 'banned' by the ISP, especially fans. :urg:

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused

Suddenly the peeps on swf turn into nice people with newcomers and now they discuss on an item thread for six pages... what the hell!

Now on topic.
The timer - When I catch it I get slow, when the bad guy catches it I get slow... >_>

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Timers and Lightening. As others have mentioned, the crap luck hardly ever happens to opponents. It's a lose lose situation.

Explosive Items. They tend to always fall on top of me when I'm in the middle of attacking.

Pokemon and Assist Trophies. I mostly get Goldeens or Muchlaxs or some other lame cheap thing. ******** assist trophies... I'm pretty that if it wasn't for me, I'd never have to deal with that stupid Dog or Screen Shifter guy.

Dragoons and Smash Balls for the same reasons others posted. Nice to know the one-hit-drop thing didn't just happen to me.

Yep. Basically all items with random events. Me and random crap do -not- get a long.

bribri123123

Smash Ace

trev94

Smash Journeyman
1. If you play with items your not a real smash player.
2. Smash ball by far. I think that almost killed brawl.

bribri123123

Smash Ace
1. I agree, I know people that think their so great because they beat me with items, and with no items, they dont take I life from me.

2. Item Player vs Item Player would probaly NEED to include a smash ball, and it DIDNT almost kill Brawl...

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
The fan does heavy damage when you use it correctly...

I dont use items, but people LOVE them, they shouldnt be banned...

We should e-mail him to join and look at our posts XD
ISP=Item Standard Play. The banned items there are pretty unfair and deserve to be banned (such as the fan and spicy curry). And correct use of the fan involves hitting the A button quickly. I'm not going to say smash balls almost ruined the game, but they do make singleplayer modes a lot less fun, and 1v1s with smash balls are pretty dumb, I always mooch them and use my final smash in the wrong direction because I hate winning because of one item.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
IMO smash ball is one of the best ideas that nintendo had when making brawl. The game was not made to be too competetive which is why sakurai never included a point/league system. If you want to play smash bros and get the most fun out of it when you have friends you do put items on as it makes the game a whole lot more excting. But Final Smashes have to be the best item ever. I mean arguably you get a cheap kill most of the time. But it brings out more of the character using the smash and chasing the smash ball adds a bit of variety in the brawl. So basically I can't agree with that at all :/ .

As for which item I think should be removed I gotta agree with many people and say the fan simply because it's very annoying once your trapped in it or when it breaks ur shield.

Also I think all the small items like smart bomb, badge, screw attack and deku nut should be made bigger. I mean having them the size they are is more realistic but for some people it's really hard to see what ur picking up half the time. So you endup punching a smash bomb and destroying yourself...

trev94

Smash Journeyman
IMO smash ball is one of the best ideas that nintendo had when making brawl. The game was not made to be too competetive which is why sakurai never included a point/league system. If you want to play smash bros and get the most fun out of it when you have friends you do put items on as it makes the game a whole lot more excting. But Final Smashes have to be the best item ever. I mean arguably you get a cheap kill most of the time. But it brings out more of the character using the smash and chasing the smash ball adds a bit of variety in the brawl. So basically I can't agree with that at all :/ .

As for which item I think should be removed I gotta agree with many people and say the fan simply because it's very annoying once your trapped in it or when it breaks ur shield.

Also I think all the small items like smart bomb, badge, screw attack and deku nut should be made bigger. I mean having them the size they are is more realistic but for some people it's really hard to see what ur picking up half the time. So you endup punching a smash bomb and destroying yourself...
i dont care if a FS brings out a character......I WANT TO WIN!!!!!!!!

Edward

Smash Rookie
What is the most hated item you have used in Smash?

Me, I think the spring. Yes, it bounces you up. But sideways, it can screw you over.
The spring was meant to replace a different item in the game cube version, I don't remeber the name of it, it would just be annoying, If anything remove Mr. And Mrs. Saturn, pointless?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Smoke Balls have no purpose in this game. More useless than Goldeen.
Lightning Bolts and timers are more likely to screw you over than help you.
I also HATE Mr. Resetti. I just want to throw him off the stage, but they made him invisible.
I only play with items when I am haxing the game like crazy.

BTW, WHY is the Soccer Ball Stronger than the Falcon Punch and why can't I pick it up?

P.S. Red shells were OK.

D

Deleted member

Yeah! I totally forgot about Team Healer! I always miss.

I also hate Dragoons due to me constantly dropping pieces and my opponents never dropping them.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
that spicy curry item... seriously when the enemy uses it on you, you cant do anything but when i use it just waste time you cant finish them off while you have it

Top Bottom