• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Indiana Thread Re:Edit

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm cool with rooming with you guys. You have your hotel plans ironed out yet?

Also once again I'm hype about the Bloomington scene being so big. I'm definitely looking forward to being a part of it in the fall. (And playing the Pokemon TCG there too)

nosex

Smash Rookie
The Bloomington scene is attempting to become a lot more active this upcoming fall and spring. Basically this whole year has just been building up the scene here again.
i actually just attended b-town beatdown vii! i happened to be down in bloomington for the weekend (i'm from NWI, valparaiso) and thought i should definitely stop in. everyone was really welcoming and the setup was great (although we had to leave the house early and only had 2 pm setups, ha). i got third place in the melee bracket but i'm totally getting first the next time i attend one of these, i swear. watch out. peach main.

I am actually from South Bend and coming back for the summer, so if anyone is looking to set anything up, just send me a private message on here and we can try to organize something that involves some of the Valpo or Crown Point people to maximize attendance.
and yes! absolutely. as mr. sweet said, you should definitely join the fbook group for northwest indiana: NWI smash. we could prob. get one of those fests organized there because that would be really cool and i'm all for it.

A Kid

Smash Rookie
Sup, I'm in Indiana as well. Bloomington, more specifically.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Definitely visit the Bloomington facebook group. They're pretty active (even though it looks like a few of them are leaving for the summer)

Fafthefaf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mattito_Pattito
3DS FC
5155-3501-7689
I'm pretty close to the Evansville area. I can't really get there though 'cause I'm 15 and I have no method of travel ;w;

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I've been thinking of going to Wavedash Wednesdays one of these weeks. Anyone else from NW Indiana want to go?

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I don't get on facebook anymore. Everyone on there acts like they are in high school still with all their drama

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Not really, I'm lazy. Although I'll post anything that absolutely needs to be updated on the front page.

Also 3 hours isn't so bad on a monthly basis, but I was talking about a weekly basis for the most part.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
There is no list for power rankings. But I did intend to place any official power rankings that might have been made in the future on here. (I even reserved space for it!)

As of right now there are ranking systems based on matches within the communities of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne. However, due to the inherent inaccurate nature of these lists, I've chosen to keep them off of the thread here. (Not that I've been updating it much anyway -- soon, I promise!)

As for Bloomington, plans changed for a few reasons, but it may still happen in the future. I still want to go down there and meet your scene for sure!

Last edited:

Ninja!

Smash Rookie
Im starting up my own smash scene up in my area . I'll post more about it later once it get it all together. We're planning on at least meeting every other week for now but hopefully more in the summer.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Awesome! I actually visit Anderson pretty frequently (family), so I'd love to play with you guys. Let me know when you get more information and I'll add it to the OP.

Cloudysky

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cloudysky
Id be interested in a smash group around Anderson. I go Ball State in Muncie (and correct me if I am wrong) there unfortunately doesn't seem to be much of a scene here, so having something nearby would be awesome!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I've heard rumors of Ball State players. But I've never actually seen them.

I know it USED to be a pretty active site. But most of those guys graduated and moved. Muncie/Anderson area should totally get more organized. I've stumbled across a few facebook groups for Ball State smash recently though, I'll give you some links.

Here is a public BSU group.

And a Muncie-area group.

I think I remember seeing a private one that required a Ball State e-mail in order to access, but I don't have the link to it anymore. I haven't added these to the OP simply because they're really inactive, but I will gladly do so if people are interested.

Cloudysky

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cloudysky
Thanks! That's super helpful! Id love to see the area be active again! Id be down for any tournaments in the area given i have the time to attend.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
There's a local smashfest in the Indy area every weekend, although I know that's a bit of a drive. They mentioned the possibility of starting some paid tournaments in the future, though, so that's a plus. Otherwise I'll be posting important Indiana tournaments in the OP.

An unfortunate reality of being an Indiana smash player is that we have to travel a minimum of 2 hours to get anywhere. Maybe things will change as people decide to host more tournaments.

Colonel Kurtz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColonelKurtz19
3DS FC
1091-8043-0363
I currently live in South Bend area. Any people around here? I don't like to drive much because of a minor anxiety issue related to driving. So hopefully there's some folks in St. Jo county. I got some friends in Chicago who play casually they visit quite a bit.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I think South Bend has a pretty active scene! Check out the NWI Smash group on the OP. (It may not be insanely active, but it should be easy to find people to play. This thread gets checked far less often these days)

thinkbee

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I'm at IU Bloomington until next summer, then I'll be off to Japan. I might be looking for people to play with in the meantime though. Is a Smash 4 scene going to be existent around here or is there more of a focus on Melee activity? I used to play Melee at a somewhat intermediate level, but haven't touched it for years and am frankly not interested in trying to pick it back up. I'll message the Facebook group as well to see what they have to say. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom