• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Incredible, "Edible," Fireball! v0.20 - Now In Red, Too!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
"~Jumping All Over
A nice way to approach offensively is with SH Fireballs. Fireball, Jump forward, Fireball, when you land, Fireball again. it becomes difficult for some characters to attack when you get near, so make sure you utilize this tactic a lot."

You may want to note that if you input the first fireball at the beginning of the jump, it still fires at the peak of the jump, but allows you to start the animation for the second one while in the air and release it on the ground. It's not a very large difference, but it's noticeable and in my opinion beneficial to use against someone you want to approach you. I called it a short hop double fireball five mins ago, but it's really just a faster version of what you mentioned.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Here's something I can add to Faith's post and to create my own and has worked for me always. SH fireballs walls to Ftilt walls. Basically same concept of Faith's but as soon as they come within your range you throw that Ftilt to keep them off your nuts and space tool . Always works for me offensively and more defensively. Never failed me yet even against MK and D3 xD

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Here's something I can add to Faith's post and to create my own and has worked for me always. SH fireballs walls to Ftilt walls. Basically same concept of Faith's but as soon as they come within your range you throw that Ftilt to keep them off your nuts and space tool . Always works for me offensively and more defensively. Never failed me yet even against MK and D3 xD
Thats a good idea, I'm always looking for ways to use ftilt more, lol. Do you know if the knockback is more/less for ftilts angled in a certain way?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm not sure. Too lazy to test. But up angled Ftilts do stop SH approachs or aerial approachs at several times. It's great to replace (not fully replace) it with a Fsmash. Still is quick, has decent priority, good knockback. Overall great spacing move. I might make a guide towards it. It's helped me wonders.

anyone ever thought of dtilt (where they are sent up at higher %s), then into a ftilt lock? lol.

Ftilt downangled gives no knockback iirc

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I'm not sure. Too lazy to test. But up angled Ftilts do stop SH approachs or aerial approachs at several times. It's great to replace (not fully replace) it with a Fsmash. Still is quick, has decent priority, good knockback. Overall great spacing move. I might make a guide towards it. It's helped me wonders.

anyone ever thought of dtilt (where they are sent up at higher %s), then into a ftilt lock? lol.

Ftilt downangled gives no knockback iirc
Ftilt seems the better choice instead of a Fsmash at lower %'s, to save the Fsmash for the KO.

If i can land a dtilt at higher percents, I would just Upsmash, Fsmash, or UpB, but i'll look into an ftilt lock as a situational method of attack.

I was gonna write something up on the ftilt too, but i'll just do something on the Dash Attack instead (I have more ideas about that anyway :p).

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Gawd. That's what I meant or that's what I was suppose to say about saving Fsmash for fresh kos and stuff >_< Baaah. Summer hw hurts badly :/ Won't be on often after next tuesday :/

I dunno if i'll write ftilt guide im just lazy and im booked lol. I swear im lazy to do all these kinds of tests >_>

Also a Dash Shield > out of shield > ftilt works wonders. It just help me kill lucas/olimar. Its even better when you good at powershielding.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Yeah, I am trying to get out some big topics before next tuesday as well, school starts x\.

I see what you mean about conserving Fresh Fsmashs. I also do the ftilt out of shield as well, but I can't always powershield to make it work 100%. I also do downsmash > ftilt on lower %'s. I never kill with Downsmash, so i just use its on lower percents to lead into other stuff. Ftilt in general is good to throw your enemy off, its kind of a grounded nair when you think about it that way: destroys enemy momentum.

ftilt > shorthopped dair > nair > upsmash is pretty good at lower percents as well.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
This can be airdodged out of, right?

This post is not a bump... :D
Oh yeah, if you mean buffer it out of the airdodge or something. The ftilt doesn't have huge knockback, so its easy to follow up. You can mix it up with a shoryuken, but thats a bad idea on low percents, plus you usually end up doing an aerial jumppunch, so it loses its edge. You risk the chance of getting punished if your opponent is a fast faller, so stick with an utilt or a smash.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
OMG, why is this thread so far down.

What I see consistantly in high level luigi play is using a fireball at the end of a combo. When you're out of a second jump, and you just fair'd your enemy a bit too far to hit them again, throw a fireball out. It keeps the pressure on, and gives you more options, and your opponent less breathing room.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
*does a sticky dance*

Great guide.

And also thanks for the character specific fireball setups.
I didn't know you could cancel PK Thunder's projectile with fire!
New recovery prevention strategy for me, yay!

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Lols at sticky dance.

Also, I figured I'd post it here, because I've developed something of a fireball strategy of my own. I started it to deal with zelda, because she's impossible to directly approach, and not approaching is din's fire city.

It's really simple, all you do is get into fireball range (doding/shielding/nairing din) and spam fireballs on the ground. This will force zelda to react. Any reaction she may have (with the exception of powershielding) will leave her much more vulnerable than her neutral state. Best case senario, she takes to the air, where she gets Lol'd on. Other options are tornado, running in, short hopping an aerial, etc.

The idea from here is to do this more than once, then keep getting into fireball range. At this point you've changed the dynamic of the game, and zelda has to react to you simply being in said range. Mindgames ensue.

This doesn't only work on zelda. But its the kind of thing you need if you're fighting her.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Haha, yeah it should.

I just recently started doing approaching short hop fireball to UFsmash (again)... I forgot how awesome it is

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Since it's only one topic I don't think it needs a sticky, I mean since it's already in the TOC then people can still find it. This is an amazing guide though.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Ahhhh the fireball guide. One of the starter guides when I just started. Doesn't really need a stickie a for since its abit kinda outdated in what kind of fireball we use but since its in ToC but otherwise this guide is great for beginners

PKNintendo

Smash Master
=Fireball Efficiency 3/5=
See Lucas. The only difference is that Ness' PK Magnet won't hurt when you get near him so take advantage of that. Watch out for that windgust, as that could screw over your specing majorly.

Alas, if only I was happier, I would flame you. Or laugh like a maniac.

Wind gust is garbage, Ness psi magnet heals less than Lucas too. They're not EXACTLY the same. It also comes out slower.

Don't get me wrong, I love this topic.

Top Bottom