• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ideal "4.0"

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I would love for them to restore WarioWare, then add a Wario Land or WarioWorld stage for a "viable" Wario stage.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I would love for them to fix WarioWare, then add a Wario Land or WarioWorld stage for a "viable" Wario stage.
While I'd love another Wario stage based on those two games, I'm just letting you know, WarioWare IS fixed--it's seen a lot in competitive play.

Unless, by fix, you meant bring the microgrames back and add a Wario stage that's competitive. I'd be down for that if that's what you meant.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
While I'd love another Wario stage based on those two games, I'm just letting you know, WarioWare IS fixed--it's seen a lot in competitive play.

Unless, by fix, you meant bring the microgrames back and add a Wario stage that's competitive. I'd be down for that if that's what you meant.
Yeah, I meant to change it to "reverted to normal", but forgot.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Also it would be great if they make the characters sent flying on their Reeling animating as often as it was in Melee, it was so satisfactory.

Xyn

Smash Cadet
My ideal 4.0 would include
- Lyn
She was the first lord, the first partner, the first face you see in Fire Emblem if you live NA or EU.
When she was announced as an AT in Brawl, that was the biggest disappointment ever.

-Maybe another char like Isaac and the 4.0 update would only need some technical changes.

-Turbo in Solo Mode (Homerun Contest, Multi Brawl, Boss Mode)
-Stamina Mode with stocks and 10-999 HP and a "classic 2D fighter" stage (with Turbo Mode we have MvC3 P:M Edition)
-Working Subspace with up to 4 Players (with M2, Roy, Lyn and Isaac)
-TAS'ish CPU as Level X, THAT would be a nice challenge, even for 3v1
-Bomb-rain Mode: It's like in Sudden death but before the Match you can choose which Bombs are included and how strong the bombrain will be
-Bring back the Red Shell
-More Practice Mode options
-Alt.costumes
-Working Tournament Mode
-In Homerun Contest you can choose :pichumelee: instead of Sandbag (if ppl want Pichu, they get Pichu...)

-A short tutorial Movie for advance techniques (mainly Wavedash/-land, L-cancel, DI)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
One that downers stop comparing to Melee before it's actually done.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
didn't know how much I missed the red shell. I really want Lyn. Doopliss is a long shot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are some things in regards to characters that I would love to see get changed. I know that some will disagree with me here…
-Luigi's down throw should be reverted to the one from Brawl where characters go at an upward trajectory. Sometimes the characters go upward and sometimes not. As a Luigi main, this down throw helped me set up some combos when I play Brawl. Now that Project M gives me more opportunities to combo, it's a shame that I can't use Luigi's down throw to set up one.
-I think that characters like Meta Knight, King Dedede, and others who lost a midair jump to regain it. I don't understand why this happened.
-Speaking of King Dedede, I say that the Super Dedede Jump needs its super armor for a more safe recovery move. Removing it only worsens it.
-Decloned Ganondorf… please? Also, I would love to see Melee Ganondorf be an Alt. costume.
-I dunno why Yoshi's slight hop from Brawl got removed here when he uses Egg Throw in the air. He should at least have the Egg Throw jump once and then you can't get the hop when you use it more in the air. It would slightly help his recovery.
-I absolutely love Wario's moveset. However, I think that his up throw should be replaced by his piledriver from Wario World. In that game, Wario would jump with a foe and then Wario would spin them around until Wario smashes the foe on the ground. And maybe he should shake opponents when he pummels them?

In regards to stages. I said before that Dracula's Castle should be replaced with Luigi's Mansion or Bowser's Castle. I know that we won't get Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow via the clone engine, so why do we have this stage? Also, I agree with UltimateWario once again with WarioWare, Inc. The microgames make that stage fun and I think that we should bring that back for WarioWare, Inc. while having a neutral stage option where the stage is based on Wario Land and has no microgames.

Other things I want to see added aren't much. I guess a return of the Parasol or Red Shell would be cool. I would also love to see a How to Play video for the various Advanced Techniques for this game.

EDIT: Also, is it just me or are the blast lines on some of the N64 stages far away from the stage? I think there were times that I meant to get a KO on the top of the screen but didn't for some reason because the blast radius was far away.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
Updates that would make for a 4.0:
-A few small tweaks to give characters deeper neutral game/meta (things like better dash dance for zelda, G&W taunt giving him an item to utilize glide toss, better Ike wavedash for more spacing options, Lucario DACUS maybe, etc.)
- Adjustments to make less useful mechanics more useful in general
- An added feature for recording or training (whatever is feasible).
- A Minor Balance Patch (not feeding the fires with any specific examples)
- More of the amazing options PMBR have already provided (alts, stock options, easter eggs, item changes)
- A rearranged stage selection screen with all the top of the first page entirely the tournament legal doubles stages or just a new arrangement that fits what seems to be the accepted stages.
-Updated descriptions on the homepage that includes some general tactics and tech options of characters (like Falco's description of pillaring). Nothing needs to be too in depth, but enough to provide a cleaner picture for the general public of how the characters are played.
-Something crazy that would be considered a distinct feature (Like customizable assist trophies that allow you to use any character and custom inupt any move as their assist or a mode scoring by number of taunts you successfully do in a time limit).

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I laughed far, far too loud at this.
lolol I was in class when I watched this, and I got put outside because I laughed so hard (I couldn't help it :x)

I was heartbroken when I heard that Lyn was an AT in brawl and not an actual character, I hope she makes it into P:M.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, for Fire Emblem characters I'd love Linus and Lloyd Reed from FE7. They're heroic good guys who you're forced to kill because they're manipulated to be loyal to the bad guys to the death. Cool characters.

Lloyd, being a Swordmaster, would probably be like that Lyn moveset that's floating around. Linus is literally of the "Hero" class, so he has a shield...... Not sure how to implement that best though. Speaking from an IDEAL and unrealistic perspective, it would be interesting to have a character who uses a shield for their shield, giving them the ability to perfect shield any attack from the front without concern about timing, but without any back protection, and/or no jump OoS. I doubt that can be coded conveniently though. It would probably be better to make him based off Link for the sword+shield base, but with non-projectile specials.

Both characters have Badass Longcoats, even in their sprites.

Linus's critical hit would make a reasonable Ike-esque up-B. Lloyd's critical hit would be a cool chargeable B, the longer you hold B, the more teleporty after-images of him appear, and the more slashes he does when he releases. Maybe you could even store it like Sheik, although that would be weird given the tension of the move. edit: Maybe could even have a down-b transform-style bro swap. brosbrosbros

I can dream. >:[
Lyn plz. yep yep yep

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
i just money matched a random charizard here in tennesse, he 2 stock me, i go falco, almost 4 stock him back, then mewtwo 2-3 stock him

fox is the most overrated char in this game by far, BY FAR; I wouldn't use him if I didn't already have 10+ years logged into him from melee already. He's WORTHLESS when up throw Uair isn't a combo on a character
Wait... Mew2King commented on my thread? Cool. I feel kinda honored.

On topic, for the most part I can feel where you're coming from. Hopefully the changes made to the cast in PM will usurp his #1 tier position.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
My (hopefully realistic) expectations

*1 or 2 new characters (probably just one since brand new characters are going to be harder than Roy, who is a semiclone of Marth, and Mewtwo, who at least still had data to base him off in Melee). I don't have a huge preference, but Ridley would be nice. Ganondorf's moveset mapped onto Black Shadow's model and Ganon getting a new moveset would be cool too.
*Fully functional stage expansion code with new stages. I'd love to see, say, splat's Bowser's Castle as part of official P:M at last.
*Balance tweaks, but only to characters who absolutely need them. Minor nerfs to anyone who proves too overpowered over a long period of time (so far nobody) and tweaks to the bottom end of the tier list (Ganondorf, Squirtle, Ness, Zelda, Dedede, maybe R.O.B., Luigi, and Charizard)
*Functional SSE
*More costumes (someone mentioned Snake in a tuxedo as a wink to James Bond, I'd like that)
*Something totally out of the left field that I didn't expect. So far they've been pretty good about surprising me.

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
I would say a record and replay function for character AI in training mode would probably be the best thing ever and probably in and of itself with a balance patch make for a 4.0, but I am not sure of exactly how feasible that would actually be. It would be amazing (that plus level 9s that don't sd a 1/3 of time) would make training and labwork so much faster; in theory, would give people a lot more to tools to speed understanding PM matchups.

Edit: Incoherent parentheses.

splat

Smash Lord
I'd love to see, say, splat's Bowser's Castle as part of official P:M at last.
Will not happen, man. Not because I don't want it to happen (because damn, it would be awesome), but because it simply shouldn't be up to the PMBR's standards. Xenozoa did an awesome job at making it lagless, but the texture mapping on the main model is absolutely horrid. I've since redone the entire model, but haven't gotten around to texturing it yet.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I don't know if people are familiar with the Castle Sky stage.

It's a wonderful stage with a unique platform arrangement and some leeway for walljumpers. I'd love to see it incorporated into P:M, pushing Castle Seige to page 2 and PS1 to row 3 to take its rightful place is an absolutely kick-ass row 2 counterpick tournament viable stage.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Pichu would be nice to come back, even just for nostalgia's sake. However, if they made him more unique like several of the characters in PM that would be great. Maybe have some sort of reward system for how many self-damaging hits connect with the opponent?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Pichu would be nice to come back, even just for nostalgia's sake. However, if they made him more unique like several of the characters in PM that would be great. Maybe have some sort of reward system for how many self-damaging hits connect with the opponent?
"Lucario" 2.0. BOOM, done.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
I would actually like to see every character have a move with the starting hitbox behind them. To be clear, I don't mean moves that CAN hit behind the character; I mean moves that actually start the initial hitboxes behind the character. Moves like, but not limited to, foxco's/kirby's/lucario's utilt, have the utility to cover their backs without serious commitment.
I don't propose this universal change be forced to a tilt of a sort, and not all character need a starting hitbox behind them (e.g. Marth/Roy utilts are fine). I just believe some people could use the faster coverage.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
[/quote]
Wait... Mew2King commented on my thread? Cool. I feel kinda honored.

On topic, for the most part I can feel where you're coming from. Hopefully the changes made to the cast in PM will usurp his #1 tier position.
What thread was that?

Chrome Tater Tot

Smash Rookie
MOAR costumes. I'm all about style.

I really want the melee/Oot ganondorf model, like, ASAP.

I would also love for them to make this the default style of Fox model.

Also, a way for us to use our own mp3's as the fight music for the stages.

Definitely the option to use the japanese voices for the characters. I want to pick "Koopa!" and I really miss the "mi-shun cumupuri-it" when I win as fox.

They could also blow my mind by putting in protoman, but I doubt it.

I'm aware that most of what I want is kind of already possible with mods/hacks whatever, but I'm not really tech savvy and I would really appreciate if they made it more layman accessible.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Also, a way for us to use our own mp3's as the fight music for the stages.

Definitely the option to use the japanese voices for the characters. I want to pick "Koopa!" and I really miss the "mi-shun cumupuri-it" when I win as fox.

I'm aware that most of what I want is kind of already possible with mods/hacks whatever, but I'm not really tech savvy and I would really appreciate if they made it more layman accessible.
You don't even need to have your wii hacked to apply sound mods. The PMBR can't make downloading a file any easier really.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I would love if they put Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee), Mushroom Kingdom (Melee), and Dr. Mario songs in Peach's Castle stage since it isn't Mario Circuit no more.
And Saria's Theme in Hyrule Castle.

I mean i can do this without any problem, but since they put Fourside and Super Mario Bros 2 Overworld, i would like to see more Melee music returning.

Last edited:

Chrome Tater Tot

Smash Rookie
You don't even need to have your wii hacked to apply sound mods. The PMBR can't make downloading a file any easier really.
The last tutorial I read was pretty complicated for me. I think loading up the game then going menu>options>voice language>japanese would be much easier.

MadScience

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna try to be pretty realistic here:
  • No new characters. Newcomers would likely be very clone-like, as making new characters from scratch is likely incredibly difficult. In regards to Pichu, I don't think he should be a priority for addition but that's just my opinion.
  • Focus on balance of lower tier characters. You don't have to completely overhaul them, just give them minor buffs. I'm definitely no expert so I don't have suggestions, but don't nerf high tier characters. I'd like to see the metagame develop.
  • Alt costumes for more characters.
  • Port of a few more stages from previous games, and some sort of graphical update to Hyrule Castle & any other N64 ported stages.
  • Melee-style tethers.
  • Easter eggs are always fun, but obviously not necessary.
  • More options for CPU actions in training mode, like shielding.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try to be pretty realistic here:
  • No new characters. Newcomers would likely be very clone-like, as making new characters from scratch is likely incredibly difficult. In regards to Pichu, I don't think he should be a priority for addition but that's just my opinion.
  • Focus on balance of lower tier characters. You don't have to completely overhaul them, just give them minor buffs. I'm definitely no expert so I don't have suggestions, but don't nerf high tier characters. I'd like to see the metagame develop.
  • Alt costumes for more characters.
  • Port of a few more stages from previous games, and some sort of graphical update to Hyrule Castle & any other N64 ported stages.
  • Melee-style tethers.
  • Easter eggs are always fun, but obviously not necessary.
  • More options for CPU actions in training mode, like shielding.
These are all pretty good.

Top Bottom