• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IC's Can Go Under Many Stages

lain

Smash Master
Here are the legal stages IC's can go under from one edge to the other:

FD (yes, you heard correctly)
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon

Just sayin'.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
IMPOSSIBLE!?! FD ZOMFG

I can understand Frigate and Delfino, but not the others.

Also, won't we lose the other IC if they go under the stage 0.o

lain

Smash Master
Not that this is exactly anything useful, just something that astonished me when I tried LOL.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Squall Hammer is absolutely infuriating. I cannot for the life of me mash the Special button fast enough to use it as a reliable recovery. It doesn't surprise me that they can do FD, but I'm amazed if you're able to pull this off without a Turbo button!! :laugh:

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
A lot of characters can go under FD... even Peach can xD.
Don't insult the princess!!

And peach has great horizontal recovery so peach can pretty much get from one side to the other pretty efortlessly.... anyway I cant smash the squall recovery for my life....

Ic's join da club

Da club members:
Jiglypuff
Wario
Pit
Rob
Peach
Ice Climbers
Luigi

lain

Smash Master
For some reason, I'll hit it to shoot up a HUGE distance, and then try it again but faster, and I wouldn't go half the height.

I'm convinced there's a certain method to do it.

Either that or I'm an idiot.

Tenki

Smash Hero
o_O I'd also like to see a vid of (both) IC's going under and making it back.

I mean, it's pretty easy to imagine IC's going under FD
...and SD'ing.

Da club members:
Jiglypuff
Wario
Pit
Rob
Peach
Ice Climbers
Luigi
Sonic can go under FD with some aid of Homing Stall, spring>walljump under the edge.

However, I'm cool enough to be able to use Sonic and go under and around FD without having to resort to that.

MK can also glide under FD, rise up a bit, and use up-B to get onto the stage.

I'm kinda surprised at the Wario and Luigi ones. I've never tried ;O

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Funny you mention this, because I was playing vs. my friends Zelda on FD, and I was on my last stock at like 150%, hanging off the edge. So I decided to try to make it to the other side, and I was close. After that match we decided to see how many stages ICs can get around.

We were going to make a video montage, and we had the replays of ICs making it under just about all the stages you listed, but then I realized that my cell phone can't send videos that are over like... 18 seconds, so I had no way of getting any of them to my computer. I just ended up deleting all the replays.

But I had a harder time getting under FD with D3 than ICs (wow that's a lot of abbreviations). I found it to be easier if you hang off the edge, tap backwards, then quickly tap forward. After a few tries it became pretty easy. D3 took me like 50 tries to get around. You have to time/space his jumps perfectly.

For some reason, I'll hit it to shoot up a HUGE distance, and then try it again but faster, and I wouldn't go half the height.

Yeah, I think if you go too fast... it's almost like some of the button inputs wont register. Without going as fast as I can, I usually end up going just as high, if not higher, then Popo gets launched with up-b. Then I'll try ramming it as fast as I can, and I won't get as much distance.

o_O I'd also like to see a vid of (both) IC's going under and making it back.

I mean, it's pretty easy to imagine IC's going under FD
...and SD'ing.

Sonic can go under FD with some aid of Homing Stall, spring>walljump under the edge.

However, I'm cool enough to be able to use Sonic and go under and around FD without having to resort to that.

MK can also glide under FD, rise up a bit, and use up-B to get onto the stage.

I'm kinda surprised at the Wario and Luigi ones. I've never tried ;O
Luigi isn't actually that hard, especially if you get an overcharged torpedo. Just full jump and start charging the side b, get to the other side, use the second jump and tornado up.

infomon

Smash Scientist

I made a thread about this once. I'm still hoping that there's a trick to pulling off maximum height with Squall. I mean, it's possible that hitting B at certain points throughout the squall will get you higher. But I now doubt it :( I don't know of any way to test for sure, short of some serious controller hacks.

Now I may be an idiot, but I don't think you're idiotic to question this :)

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Side b is all about timing. I time it with the sound of the spin that the move makes if that makes sense, and can get up really high. Button mashing gets you almost no height.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
What would the application of going under the level be though?

Wouldn't it just set your opponent up for a spike on the other side, a sonic can get over to the opposite side of FD faster than you can, and then can just spring spike you I would think, or even just footstool you, but then again idk.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
While it's cool that the Ice Climbers can do this, I don't think they have the aerial speed needed to go under a stage to reach the other edge. As far as I know, Pit, Meta Knight, R.O.B, and Sonic can move under the stage faster than their opponent can most of the time. Even with the speed boost in the Ice Climber's recovery, most characters will still beat them to the other side of the stage and will be ready to punish them.

Also I've done the reverse stage jump with Snake on Battlefield once. My teching is too good. :chuckle:

lain

Smash Master
As I've stated, this isn't really useful in it's own right.

But now the issue of the timing for the sideB has been brought up.

And yes, if you sideB correctly, the IC's can actually recover from all the way in the bottom corner of the fray of FD without problems.

This opens up fantastic edgegaurding opportunities (you can go virtually anywhere and try and Fair someone).

:colorful:

bobson

Smash Lord
Da club members:
Jiglypuff
Wario
Pit
Rob
Peach
Ice Climbers
Luigi
Sonic can, too, as well as Metaknight, Charizard, Lucas, Snake, Kirby, and Toon Link.

I've done it once with King Dedede, but I don't think it's possible to set up the situation I was in without another player putting you there.

In fact, ignore me; there's a video a few posts up with proof.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I coulda sworn M2K said that D3 couldn't.
Both me and a friend have done it. Granted, it took us like 45 minutes, we still both were able to do it. I could try to do it again on video if you really want me to, but if I can't do it in under 20 seconds, I can't get it to my computer. What I can do is give you the steps I used to do it:

Grab the ledge.
Tap backwards then quickly start moving forward.
Use your first jump soon enough so that you'll be completely on the screen.
Evenly space the next two as low as possible.
Use the last jump pretty soon after the third one.
Wait until you're as low as possible again and up-b.
If you cancel it correctly, it should work.

I guess I'll have to make a video xD

[Edited because I typed the instructions completely wrong]

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
I dood it on FD just now on my second try! Cool, it's easier than I thought it'd be. :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I recorded me going under all the stages possibile.

**** FD is hard lol.

lain

Smash Master
Yeah FD was hard lol.

Ok so this was more of just a novelty thing/I was bored when I posted this, BUT I think we should look at this as another AWESOME way of coming back. With their SideB, IC's can come from virtually anywhere off the stage.

So yeah what raaaape.

Top Bottom