• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hidden Block [Mario's Hitbox Repository]

Toomai

Smash Ace
So... up-throw kills better than b-throw?
Don't think so, because b-throw does more damage. From what I can tell, damage dealt by an attack is more important than either base knockback or knockback scaling (but not both combined - maybe).

I should probably look more into figuring out the knockback formula.

UberMario

Smash Master
Woah, I knew that the Super Jump Punch's disjoint was huge, but not by that amount! I'll have to remember that.

The animation for his B-Throw also makes more sense than I thought, I figured it was just a straight throw but you can see him leaning back at the release point.

Hey Toomai, is it possible to test Mario's movement with FLUDD in the air? It gives him a very noticeable amount of "knockback" away from the horizontal direction he's aiming, but I don't know if whatever tool you are using can find that out directly.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Angle 365 is more commonly known as the Falco angle if I recall...since it was first noticed on Falco's F-air.

Good work.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Hey Toomai, is it possible to test Mario's movement with FLUDD in the air? It gives him a very noticeable amount of "knockback" away from the horizontal direction he's aiming, but I don't know if whatever tool you are using can find that out directly.
Special move-based physics is very tricky business; no tool that I know of can explain such without prior trial-and-error. There are at least 5 possible numbers that may be involved. I'll give it a look but don't expect much.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Goood stuff Toomai
Now only if I can finish my thread >___>

EDIT:lol mario has shoes of steel

Top Bottom