• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hero, Warrior, Priest -> Sage, Mage. For extra vanilla points I even used the default ones Patty has lying around instead of making my own.

I experimented a lot more when I played the game as a kid, but now that I'm an oldster I like it comfortable and straightforward. Though I am tempted to do an all-bunny run now that I've re-familiarized myself...
haha. If you ever do that im curious how that goes. a full team makes it that something random can happen almost every turn XD

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Yup :) It's a nice segway point before e3 for us XD

On another note, I decided I'm going to play the snes version in the end. I'll leave the gbc version for in the future still ;p
I've been slowly converting others into playing Dragon Quest rofl.

Wish us Americans had holidays based off of video game series.
Speaking of that, I'm hoping we get something like with Minecraft today.

D

Deleted member

I've been slowly converting others into playing Dragon Quest rofl.

Speaking of that, I'm hoping we get something like with Minecraft today.
I guess the closest thing we have to an American video game celebration is E3 for now. I would dig a Mario or Zelda day, though.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Other than being another FF character instead of anything else from Squeenix? Or other than being another FF >VII< Character instead of any other FF character?

Other than that, yeah, nothing wrong. But personally it’s a massive deal breaker.
Well, I can understand that. Personally though, I wouldn't mind if she made it in. Tifa's awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, that Smash Bros dream is pretty tame compared to my dreams:

That's nothing.

I once dreamt that a Madden Player was the Activision rep from the Atari Sports series with Crash being an assist trophy.

The worst part was that the Crash assist trophy was shown in the dream as a troll move at the start of the Madden Player trailer.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of Crash, would be amusing to have him, not only because of the Nintendo SEGA Sony rivalry but because with Diddy we have 4 famous kart racers.

... so when can we have a DQxFF kart racer?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Speaking of Crash, would be amusing to have him, not only because of the Nintendo SEGA Sony rivalry but because with Diddy we have 4 famous kart racers.

Oof. I want more crossovers with those, but a kart racer? I dunno XD

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

I want a DQxFF fighter.

Actually just yesterday, I brought the idea of KH4 being entirely square reps so seeing DQ and CT into the picture. Maybe even Xenogears.

D

Deleted member

That's nothing.

I once dreamt that a Madden Player was the Activision rep from the Atari Sports series with Crash being an assist trophy.

The worst part was that the Crash assist trophy was shown in the dream as a troll move at the start of the Madden Player trailer.
I'd take a nameless American football athlete over Movie Sonic tbh

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I want a DQxFF fighter.

Actually just yesterday, I brought the idea of KH4 being entirely square reps so seeing DQ and CT into the picture. Maybe even Xenogears.
I swear this is what will take me back to the series.
I grew out of KH because I grew out of FF, but if they brought more of Square Enix's library? I'm on board again.

Heck, imagine if they reach their western universe as well. Sora and Lara teaming up.

D

Deleted member

I'd take a nameless American football athlete over Movie Sonic tbh
It's not just a nameless American football player.

It's a nameless American football player that looks like Melee's Pit trophy but without wings and on football gear.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I swear this is what will take me back to the series.
I grew out of KH because I grew out of FF, but if they brought more of Square Enix's library? I'm on board again.

Heck, imagine if they reach their western universe as well. Sora and Lara teaming up.
Right? Imagine a full party of Sora, Erdrick, Cloud Strife, Fei Fong Wong, Neku and Aya Brea.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh boy it would be the goal. To reach at least 100 pages by Roto day.
I think that'll be doable. And reaching the milestone before a reveal sounds good :)

Altho I dont care about that if they reveal something this month XD
I dont necessarily expect a nintendo direct now that we've had a small one for mario maker, but still looking forward to anything cool.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I think that'll be doable. And reaching the milestone before a reveal sounds good :)

Altho I dont care about that if they reveal something this month XD
I dont necessarily expect a nintendo direct now that we've had a small one for mario maker, but still looking forward to anything cool.
I doubt it is revealed during Dragon Quest day, but could you imagine if it was? Man that would be a curveball for people who didnt know.

D

Deleted member

Maybe we'll reach 100 pages before e3 :)
Kind of crazy. When I joined Smashboards in January 2019, this thread had about 30 pages. To remind everybody, this thread was started in 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Kind of crazy. When I joined Smashboards in January 2019, this thread had about 30 pages. To remind everybody, this thread was started in 2008.
Actually, that’s just a site glitch due to the change in TC. The thread was created around the summer of 2018.

It’s still impressive, though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Actually, that’s just a site glitch due to the change in TC. The thread was created around the summer of 2018.

It’s still impressive, though.
I thought he was playing around :p Also thought he was on the boards before 2019.

You've come a long way in a couple months @Bolderousness ;)

D

Deleted member

Almost 80 pages since I joined the thread on December 31 (was mostly on the SE general before finding the thread), Im happy we have been able to keep the momentum going.

D

Deleted member

Today I got to play again the Demo Disc of DQ8 for PS2 I have at my grandfather’s home.

It felt pretty nostalgic.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I can see SE reveling it on a worldwide stream on Dragon Quest Day. Just imagine the sheer amount of people watching it after the S-bomb been dropped and how DQ will skyrocket in searches and mentions on that day by people jumping to the stream, tweeting, googling it, and stuff. It would be perfect to the west marketing of the series.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Today I got to play again the Demo Disc of DQ8 for PS2 I have at my grandfather’s home.

It felt pretty nostalgic.
I really need to get around to playing Dragon Quest 8 eventually

I can see SE reveling it on a worldwide stream on Dragon Quest Day. Just imagine the sheer amount of people watching it after the S-bomb been dropped and how DQ will skyrocket in searches and mentions on that day by people jumping to the stream, tweeting, googling it, and stuff. It would be perfect to the west marketing of the series.
I really hope so.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Does that S stand for Switch, Square-Enix, Slime, or, uh.
Almost 80 pages since I joined the thread on December 31 (was mostly on the SE general before finding the thread), Im happy we have been able to keep the momentum going.
I was hoping we'd hit it just in time for E3, so that the live reactions to his possible reveal would be on the 100th page. We'll probably hit it sooner, especially if something's announced on DQ day.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Does that S stand for Switch, Square-Enix, Slime, or, uh.
I was low-key tempted to answer this with that Blend-S cosplay meme XD
The S stands for Smash. As I was mentioning that after The Hero Smash Announce, a giant amount of people would jump to DQ Day Stream and/or start to search/tweeting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom