• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I'd be down. I don't have any of my moveset ideas incorporated into something complete yet, but I can try.
Out of everyone I'm most interested in yours, only because your Kaclang concept is so amazing and I was honestly hoping to see a complete version like you did with Ninten.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You wrote 3 movesets? are they ones you shared before or new ones?
Or you could say they were one moveset, but each version radically changed half the moves and included a new gimmick/concept.

Still... weapon switching makes things way more complicated so I might leave that one out. Next one will be my definitive one!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Or you could say they were one moveset, but each version radically changed half the moves and included a new gimmick/concept.

Still... weapon switching makes things way more complicated so I might leave that one out. Next one will be my definitive one!
Oh ok. cool to hear ;)

I think weapon switching is a great idea for another version but i dont expect it for smash at all. If they would, i'd be hyped about it :D

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Out of everyone I'm most interested in yours, only because your Kaclang concept is so amazing and I was honestly hoping to see a complete version like you did with Ninten.
Thank you! I probably won't be making a fully drawn one, since that's a lot of work and I'd be flooding my art Twitter with even more Erdrick art. At the very least, I wanna write down a cohesive moveset first.

I think if weapon switching were to be included, it wouldn't be a core mechanic, represented only as like Smash attacks or something. A boomering would make for a nice down smash.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So about the datamine leak. At the time, joker was in the testing phase when the leak happened. And there's the google theory, which Erdrick is not in but another knight, Artorias. So I checked the datamine again and wonder if Brave is Artorias, since some of the consumables are named Brave soul. I checked Brave's speed and weight. The weight could fit Artorias, but not his speed; Brave's moves almost the same as Young Link's. So not only this google theory is kinda busted, but also that Brave might as well be Erdrick.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
So about the datamine leak. At the time, joker was in the testing phase when the leak happened. And there's the google theory, which Erdrick is not in but another knight, Artorias. So I checked the datamine again and wonder if Brave is Artorias, since some of the consumables are named Brave soul. I checked Brave's speed and weight. The weight could fit Artorias, but not his speed; Brave's moves almost the same as Young Link's. So not only this google theory is kinda busted, but also that Brave might as well be Erdrick.
huh so were getting kid Erdrick then i guess sad cuz i wanted adult Erdrick but meh as long as he's here

Teeb147

Smash Legend
huh so were getting kid Erdrick then i guess sad cuz i wanted adult Erdrick but meh as long as he's here
I wouldn't worry about it because the google theory doesn't hold up at all. People can find other words that get the ad to come up.

And speed doesn't mean if a character is small or not. The height stat for brave was a bit on the small side, but so was joker's and now that we know he's taller it's easy enough to think that the height data, among other stuff, doesn't matter overly much in early development.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I wouldn't worry about it because the google theory doesn't hold up at all. People can find other words that get the ad to come up.

And speed doesn't mean if a character is small or not. The height stat for brave was a bit on the small side, but so was joker's and now that we know he's taller it's easy enough to think that the height data, among other stuff, doesn't matter overly much in early development.
true i didn't think about that

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

Another thing about the google theory is that in Sabis server it is slowly starting to fall apart.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
whats happening i lurk but it never seems to really blow up like that so how is it falling apart
Well from yesterday, people have been noticing a discrepancy between Lou and Granu regarding their discoveries. What's more atm, Duckmeat is going bananas over the ads because they keep changing on Google's end.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
One thing that’s always been troubling me, who do you guys think Erdricks’ voice actors would be?

Because as far as I’m aware, I don’t think both genders have had any English speaking roles, and I’m not even sure about Japanese either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One thing that’s always been troubling me, who do you guys think Erdricks’ voice actors would be?

Because as far as I’m aware, I don’t think both genders have had any English speaking roles, and I’m not even sure about Japanese either.
Either they would be completely silent, or just have various yells and grunts (like Link). DQ protagonists are always silent protagonists.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

If they use the CD drama as a reference, Erdrick would be voiced by the japanese voice actor of Marth. Otherwise I'm expecting complete silence.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Well from yesterday, people have been noticing a discrepancy between Lou and Granu regarding their discoveries. What's more atm, Duckmeat is going bananas over the ads because they keep changing on Google's end.
so no one can understand anymore and we need news badly lol

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
A few more actors have been announced for Dragon Quest: Your Story, and thankfully Sancho's was one of them. I'm a little sour about Debora, but I was a lot more worried that Sancho would be cut for time. He's pretty integral to DQV's story (not the plot, but the emotional core), and I'm really fond of the poor guy.

Odds are they won't speak, though since the Luminary has vocalizations in both languages (as of S) I think shouts and stuff are pretty likely.

DQ protagonists do get to speak every so often; the rule seems to be that it's OK if they're not under the player's control for whatever reason, like Mother or Golden Sun. That also applies in reverse, so Terry's silent in Monsters, et cetera. The heroes from, uh, Heroes also talk too, and there's the CD dramas and Your Story and stuff. There's some precedent for it, so I wouldn't be completely blown away if they went for it. I'd like it, but I don't really expect it.

Whether it's actual lines or just shouts, if the Erdricks were presented as adults, it'd be cute if they were voiced by the actors who played Erdwin and Serenica in XI. If they're skewed a little younger, maybe the actors who played the Luminary and Gemma? Something like that.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Do the Yuusha speak in crossovers like Itadaki Street? Or are they mute there as well?

Getting dangerously excited about the idea of Erdrick in smash. I have to tone it down a bit.

I mean I trust in the leakers, but I also trust something can go wrong.

So somebody mentioned something about the day of Roto, which should be June 10 if I’m not mistaken. Surprisingly but unfortunately this lands on the day right between the E3 presentations of Nintendo and Square Enix.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do the Yuusha speak in crossovers like Itadaki Street? Or are they mute there as well?

Getting dangerously excited about the idea of Erdrick in smash. I have to tone it down a bit.

I mean I trust in the leakers, but I also trust something can go wrong.

So somebody mentioned something about the day of Roto, which should be June 10 if I’m not mistaken. Surprisingly but unfortunately this lands on the day right between the E3 presentations of Nintendo and Square Enix.
Whatever the case it is what it is. I know, i remember feeling that way for some characters. I just feel more excited to find out if it's true or not now, and what's the actual deal. Not saying i wont be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but there's nothing we can do but trust a little and see what nintendo has in store ;)

I find it funny that roto's day lands smack in the middle ;p But overall seems like a fine 'span' of days to reveal them. Hope you enjoy the festivities in any case.
Also looking forward to your updated movesets at some point :)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Whatever the case it is what it is. I know, i remember feeling that way for some characters. I just feel more excited to find out if it's true or not now, and what's the actual deal. Not saying i wont be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but there's nothing we can do but trust a little and see what nintendo has in store ;)

I find it funny that roto's day lands smack in the middle ;p But overall seems like a fine 'span' of days to reveal them. Hope you enjoy the festivities in any case.
Also looking forward to your updated movesets at some point :)
Thanks! I’d love to do something cool moveset wise.

Now that I think about it, It’ll be day of Roto in Japan while Square Enix is at E3 in LA.
:4iggy:
I don’t know how seriously they take that day, but we might be in for a surprise after all!

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Thanks! I’d love to do something cool moveset wise.

Now that I think about it, It’ll be day of Roto in Japan while Square Enix is at E3 in LA.
:4iggy:
I don’t know how seriously they take that day, but we might be in for a surprise after all!
Is the day of Roto a real thing or is it just a fan holiday? I know Dragon Quest day is an official holiday.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Maybe if Erdrick comes it can be :)

Also that PS4 is seriously badass. Another side note. You know how we have an Erdrick figure? I hope we get all 8 classes as figures too. That and Zoma
it would sure be a glorious day :)
There might not be figures of the same set, but i wouldn't mind other ones or some of the toys :)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This new rumor does make me question the certainty of Erdrick since Artorias is also a pretty Sakurai pick if you know what I mean.

Still, I have faith he's in, I just think we should be prepared if he isn't...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This new rumor does make me question the certainty of Erdrick since Artorias is also a pretty Sakurai pick if you know what I mean.

Still, I have faith he's in, I just think we should be prepared if he isn't...
It saddens me a little that there's so many people that still give the google ad stuff that much attention.

I might as well share my post from the other day:
Ok. Well I'll just share it here for everyone

The thing about google ads is that they can sometimes link to other words too, and not because of nintendo or anyone else putting it in the ad campaign.
I found this image on twitter.

If it's right then someone searched for 'Freedom Cry' and it gave the same thing. And I would guess that there'd be a good amount of other words that could trigger it too.
It's not just random words, it's what would connect in the algorithm somehow.
And I forgot to add the note that 'Freedom Cry' is Assassin's Creed DLC, not dark souls. (And there shouldn't be over 5 dlc characters in any case)

Last edited:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
it would sure be a glorious day :)
There might not be figures of the same set, but i wouldn't mind other ones or some of the toys :)

By the quality and how it's line upped looks like a Gashapon toy or a Candy toy. I love both of those kind of toys. In my country used to have a lot of Gashapon machines on the 90's and some rares really had official Gashapon Toys(Most Pokémon). In my trip to Japan, I play in some of those machines, it's pretty fun, really it's the same feeling of a Gasha Game without the same frustration level.
The Candy Toy type is relatively easy to find in Anime conventions here, so I had a bunch of those types of figures that I got on the over the years and probably it's the kind of figure that I have the most.

It saddens me a little that there's so many people that still give the google ad stuff that much attention.

I might as well share my post from the other day:

And I forgot to add the note that 'Freedom Cry' is Assassin's Creed DLC, not dark souls.
(And there wouldn't be over 5 dlc characters)
What is funny is that I didn't get an ad for Smash DLC when I search for Astorias of the Abyss on the day I know about this thing, but on the day after it was working. Right after that guy on Twitter show how it's easy to make a fake ad.

I can't believe how stupid I'm.
Again I tried to insert a quote in a edit and when I tried to cut the quote I bumped in the post button. Ahhh!

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Again I tried to insert a quote in a edit and when I tried to cut the quote I bumped in the post button. Ahhh!
Yeah it's a funny thing. Anyways with Google theory, the lineup is really good but there is just something about Artorias that just rubs me the wrong way. Like everyone is a main character except for him.

It's like adding Zoma instead of Erdrick, it's really weird.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
By the quality and how it's line upped looks like a Gashapon toy or a Candy toy. I love both of those kind of toys. In my country used to have a lot of Gashapon machines on the 90's and some rares really had official Gashapon Toys(Most Pokémon). In my trip to Japan, I play in some of those machines, it's pretty fun, really it's the same feeling of a Gasha Game without the same frustration level.
The Candy Toy type is relatively easy to find in Anime conventions here, so I had a bunch of those types of figures that I got on the over the years and probably it's the kind of figure that I have the most.

What is funny is that I didn't get an ad for Smash DLC when I search for Astorias of the Abyss on the day I know about this thing, but on the day after it was working. Right after that guy on Twitter show how it's easy to make a fake ad.
Apparently it's more of a europe thing, for whatever reason, and i didn't see anyone here who managed to get the ads other than with joker.

haha. don't worry about it. anyone can report a double post and mods will take care of it.

Yeah it's a funny thing. Anyways with Google theory, the lineup is really good but there is just something about Artorias that just rubs me the wrong way. Like everyone is a main character except for him.

It's like adding Zoma instead of Erdrick, it's really weird.
i mean, it's not really the greatest line up cuz erdrick isnt in it :p

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Apparently it's more of a europe thing, for whatever reason, and i didn't see anyone here who managed to get the ads other than with joker.

haha. don't worry about it. anyone can report a double post and mods will take care of it.

Oh obviously. But the point still stands. Why have a boss character when pretty much every single character in smash bros is a main character. It doesnt really make a lot of sense to me.

Also iirc, the whole google ad theory is very volatile anyways.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I know that, but I used VPN to get the ads and it worked for most but not for Artorias with his title.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Google theory is too silly to even consider taking seriously, imo.

Just gonna wait for (hopefully) June 9th

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh obviously. But the point still stands. Why have a boss character when pretty much every single character in smash bros is a main character. It doesnt really make a lot of sense to me.

Also iirc, the whole google ad theory is very volatile anyways.
It'd be a first, a boss, but in dark souls you make a character completely from scratch so i dont see it as completely unreasonable to put a boss instead. but...

It was never good of a theory to begin with, ..I understand somewhat if people can't make the connections. But as soon as other words make the ad pop up the theory was done, because it rode on people believing that nintendo added those words for dlc characters for smash. Once you have anything else that makes it pop up that isn't related it busts the theory. Just like as soon as you get more than 5 characters that also busts it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom