• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Not to mention... The Hero from Dragon Quest XI kind of looks similar to Android 17 in appearance, specifically hair...

Here's Android 17. His hair is black, and has curves down the sides, and he also has two bangs coming from the top of each side of his head, one from the left, and one from the right. In Dragon Ball GT's Super Android 17 Saga, the back on the left side of his head is taller and longer.
(Sorry if it doesn't show up sometimes, click on the following link to check it out: https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Hero_(Dragon_Quest_XI) It looks really cool!)
Here's The Hero. His hair is brown instead of black, but like Android 17, his hair has curves on both sides of his head, and has bangs on both sides of his head. It looks like both characters aren't just way too similar in terms of hair style either. They both have the same eye color, eyebrows, and facial expression too!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not to mention... The Hero from Dragon Quest XI kind of looks similar to Android 17 in appearance, specifically hair...

Here's Android 17. His hair is black, and has curves down the sides, and he also has two bangs coming from the top of each side of his head, one from the left, and one from the right. In Dragon Ball GT's Super Android 17 Saga, the back on the left side of his head is taller and longer.

Here's The Hero. His hair is brown instead of black, but like Android 17, his hair has curves on both sides of his head, and has bangs on both sides of his head. It looks like both characters aren't just way too similar in terms of hair style either. They both have the same eye color, eyebrows, and facial expression too!
Android or Trunks?

D

Deleted member

You know now that I think about it, for as much as people aren't too keen on the new way All-Star Mode works compared to the old way, once Hero is available, wouldn't the new All Star Mode be the perfect way to re-create the Tournament of Power?

D

Deleted member

That's a photo of Future Trunks. Also, I was comparing The Hero to Android 17 because their facial expressions, eyebrows, eyes, and hair look similar to each other.
Yeah. The Luminary's hairstyle bears more resemblance to Android 17's than to Future Trunks'. The length of the hair being the most clear way to tell.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I Wouldn't be surprised if he's out next week I Just have a hard time believing that Hero isn't already finished or just about to be finished
I can pretty much guarantee the fighter is done, Nintendo is probably just quadruple checking everything for bugs and making sure the servers don't crash this time (they probably still will).

D

Deleted member

I can pretty much guarantee the fighter is done, Nintendo is probably just quadruple checking everything for bugs and making sure the servers don't crash this time (they probably still will).
There's bound to be some waiting in a similar vein to the waits for Joker. That many people trying to go online to the same place at once is something that any server would have trouble keeping up with. Not just Nintendo's.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hopefully they fired the guy who decided to do maintenance on the same day the dlc dropped

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's a photo of Future Trunks. Also, I was comparing The Hero to Android 17 because their facial expressions, eyebrows, eyes, and hair look similar to each other.
Depends what you compare. To me I relate him to trunks more. Android's expressions dont match more. to me

D

Deleted member

Depends what you compare. To me I relate him to trunks more. Android's expressions dont match more. to me

You know this whole debate has got me thinking that people might use the point of Luminary and Future Trunks both having swords. Personally I disagree with this point, but now that I've thought of it I am now picturing a remake of Dragon Quest 3 where one of the weapons available to Erdrick is a cameo of Goku's Power Pole.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know this whole debate has got me thinking that people might use the point of Luminary and Future Trunks both having swords. Personally I disagree with this point, but now that I've thought of it I am now picturing a remake of Dragon Quest 3 where one of the weapons available to Erdrick is a cameo of Goku's Power Pole.
I don't think there's ever been a cross between the two worlds (besides the art). But yeah i could see that working. Erdrick can already look a bit like the goku lore (journey to the west, and all that) maybe.

D

Deleted member

I don't think there's ever been a cross between the two worlds (besides the art). But yeah i could see that working. Erdrick can already look a bit like the goku lore (journey to the west, and all that) maybe.
Aren't Pole-arms already a type of weapon in Dragon Quest 3 anyway?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Would you guys want a remake DQ 9 bring it off of the ds and give it more stuff

D

Deleted member

There's a reason it's the mainline game I've played the least... I'm holding out for a modern port with all the online content included, along with online multiplayer in addition to local.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
yes but i kinda think that wont happen. Really the only thing i'd like is for dungeons to be easier to find on the map. That's where the bulk of the post game content is and it's hard to find them.

D

Deleted member

I would love it if Square ported DQ8 to Switch with the PS2 version’s artstyle and animations alongside the content from the 3DS edition.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
There's a reason it's the mainline game I've played the least... I'm holding out for a modern port with all the online content included, along with online multiplayer in addition to local.
I mean it did do something's right but that game needs help and that would be perfect for switch

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean it did do something's right but that game needs help and that would be perfect for switch
Just to be clear. You guys know there's nothing you need from the online right? The game is fully complete and good for single player entirely.

The only thing you'll miss is a few rare items that you can get but dont need. You dont need the 'dlc' for the solid experience, but it's true that there's more quests and items that we miss out on right now. Wouldn't mind something since it's a game i like though, of course ;)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would love it if Square ported DQ8 to Switch with the PS2 version’s artstyle and animations alongside the content from the 3DS edition.
Do like... DQVIIIs Definitive edition.

Yeah I would totally get in on that!
The remaster of the 8th game in the series that I actually want. :D

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Just to be clear. You guys know there's nothing you need from the online right? The game is fully complete and good for single player entirely.

The only thing you'll miss is a few rare items that you can get but dont need. You dont need the 'dlc' for the solid experience, but it's true that there's more quests and items that we miss out on right now. Wouldn't mind something since it's a game i like though, of course ;)
Well I mean for me its just wishful thinking what I really want is a collection of 1-6 on switch with SNES graphics and orchestrated music I'd be all over that plus you put it on a switch cart it's a done deal

Iridium

Smash Hero
I need to start playing something from Dragon Quest soon, but I wonder where to start. Besides that, out of the alts we have now, I have to admit Solo interests me the most, so I'll try him out first. Having remembered how I said I would main Erdrick/Hero months ago if they got in, space can be made for that.

Also, I found some brilliant art:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I mean for me its just wishful thinking what I really want is a collection of 1-6 on switch with SNES graphics and orchestrated music I'd be all over that plus you put it on a switch cart it's a done deal
1-6 is what i'd want as well (that could maybe be possible) :)

D

Deleted member

I am lol, I just don't like missing out on stuff like that

D

Deleted member

1-6 is what i'd want as well (that could maybe be possible) :)
I think that they’ll port many past DQ games on the system if DQB2 and XIS sell amazing.

They would probably start with the Erdrick trilogy and/or DQ8.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I need to start playing something from Dragon Quest soon, but I wonder where to start. Besides that, out of the alts we have now, I have to admit Solo interests me the most, so I'll try him out first. Having remembered how I said I would main Erdrick/Hero months ago if they got in, space can be made for that.

Also, I found some brilliant art:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Eight/Guv's game is on 3DS so if you have that you can play it on there

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think that they’ll port many past DQ games on the system if DQB2 and XIS sell amazing.

They would probably start with the Erdrick trilogy and/or DQ8.
I thought it could be possible to hear about the collection at e3, but luminary ended up being the face of the character so it didn't end up mattering ;p

D

Deleted member

DQ8 on switch would be so cool! Don't know if I'd buy the game a third time though lol.
I would pick a version of DQ8 with the 3DS content alongside the visual and sound presentation of the PS2 edition the day it launches.

More so on a portable device.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I decided to start a run of 8 (3DS) since it has been a while since I last touched it, and it was my first DQ, so it does hold a special spot. I also never touched the 3DS version, so I am excited to see what differences are here.

Oh, and I also think I will pick up the copy of RPG Maker MV I have and try to make something with it. All this talk about DQ and RPGs has made me want to do something small, a little free game or something.

T1MMY

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing through DQ III now, so it's a great time for Hero to be revealed.
I had some problems with my save file, so I've had to restart multiple times and so progression has been slow. The good news is that the save files are good now, so I can finally play all the way through.
I"m going to play DQ IV after I'm done with III, but I feel like III has been my favorite of the retro DQ games up to this point.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'm glad that the heroes from Dragon Quest (including erdrick as a skin) finally made it in.

Also, since Dragon Quest's artist was Akira Toriyama, I can literally see the chances of Goku being an assist trophy in Smash 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom