• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Can Pit do anything against a smart ROB? I played one and got my but kicked :urg:. He made brave attempts to edgeguard me, and camped the ledge with projectiles when we has losing. Whenever I tried to face him on level ground, he just did a couple air-dodges and D-smashed. It seemed like ROB had all of the answers and my poor Pit was just out-classed.

Is there anything I can do to beat a campy ROB?
I play Rob and Pit so I have a bit you can use here, like the SBR said in WOB review all of his air attacks hit directly above, below, left, or right of him. So and i know this is can be hard but try to attack from slightly to the left and below him or above him in the air. When he is on the ground try to come from above and left or right if you feel the need to approch. I know its not the best advice but it will realy help.

does fair have better range than bair?
I know if you use WoI it can extend the reach of your Fair, and its got a better reach then. It feels like it has better reach in general, but im not positive on that.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Here is a question I had been wanting to ask. Are arrows a big part of Pit's game? I've been trying out Pit as a secondary, and it seems I only use a handful of arrows at the most. I focus mostly on his aerial game, which I find to be quite strong. I find his ground game to be quite to my liking as well. His smash attacks are all rather fast and have nice knockback, so it's always nice to toss them in from time to time.

That being said, do Pit mains generally favor Final Destination over Battlefield? Final Destination is a nice stage for spamming arrows and all, but I always thought that the platforms of Battlefield greatly aided Pit's ability to land a finishing aerial (B-air particularly). Then again, I was never really into arrow looping. I've found that Pit's aerials are a stronger part of his game in my opinion. Arrows only complement his attacks; reason why I feel Battlefield strikes the perfect balance of letting Pit execute his aerials with ease and giving his arrows reasonable room to maneuver. The platforms don't interfere with his arrows too much since I'm usually just curving the arrows slightly to throw them off and not going for a whole loop.

kown

Smash Lord
okay so i was playing ryos earlier and he seemed to use a lot of arrows against my defensive style. Im also trying to focuz on his aerial game, but im not sure how far it will take me. I personally dont think arrows are a huge aspect to his game...but of course thiers going to be spamming but ionno at times i will use a crap load of arrows but other times its like 1 or 2.

as far as stage goes...PORT TOWN!

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Spamming arrow is important since it limit your opponent option so much before they come too you then if your outranged he will try to stop being zoned by taking risk every time he attack that is Pit biggest weakness. But he has f smash which is an insanely good move

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
His arrows are a big part of his game as means of long range, as well as it being one of the main components to his great Gimping potential. By all means use arrows against the oppenent trying to recover. It works on certain chars really well, like Link and Ike.
Many Pit mains favor FD over BF (I do since I got arrow tricks), but it's also the other way around. If you want counterpicks, pick Norfair. Pit has a grand advantage at norfair with U-airs under platforms.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting. But other than giving Pit free reign to do whatever he wants with his arrows, I really don't see how Final Destination provides any sort of advantage. Battlefield's platforms are excellent for setting up his strong aerials, and the layout of the stage doesn't impact his arrow game that much in my opinion. I still use them to hit the opponent when they're out of my range, and gimping is still as easy as in Final Destination. All in all, I think Battlefield offers a greater advantage to Pit. I agree with Norfair though; one of Pit's best stages for sure.

kown

Smash Lord
port town is the perfect stage for pit....FD isnt an advantage...i mean when u think about it, EVERYONE likes FD. so yea not an advantage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's a decent stage for Pit, good for N-air and U-air to take place thanks to the platforms, though it could weaken arrow performance in some way.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Another question. If Pit gets hit by an opponent after Wing Refreshing (say, after attempting to edgeguard), does he still get all of his jumps and Up-B back? Or would he fall into a helpless state like the usual case with being hit while using Wings of Icarus?

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I just want to make sure of this since it says otherwise on the DDD boards' chaingrab/infinite list;

Can pit be chaingrabbed by King DeDeDe or Falco if they use perfect technique and pit uses wings of icarus?

Afropony

Smash Lord
I just want to make sure of this since it says otherwise on the DDD boards' chaingrab/infinite list;

Can pit be chaingrabbed by King DeDeDe or Falco if they use perfect technique and pit uses wings of icarus?
If the King DeDeDe or Falco use perfect technique then Pit is unable to get out of their chaingrabs.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I just went to a tournament and pulled aside 3 or so DDD mains to chaingrab me. They couldn't because I used upB. It might have been because they'd never seen it done before, but I escaped a chaingrab every time. They did also use the dash-grab and not the shieldgrab, which might have been why I escaped.

Also, which stages do you usually ban in sets, and what is usually a safe go-to as a counterpick?
Today I counterpicked norfair against a DK and a marth, where my uairs and better recovery gave me an easier time and often a win. Port town was banned in the tourney so that was out. But otherwise I realized that I was so used to neutral stages that I didn't know what stages complemented Pit's strengths and minimized his weaknesses.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Norfair is one of Pit's best stages, for the U-air purpose. Lylat does decent too, since the stage doesnt mess Pit's recovery as much as other recoveries.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Well I realize that; what I'm asking is whether Pit even has a chance to use WoI to escape if DDD uses perfect technique. It might be that the DDDs I've been facing are doing it incorrectly.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
The DDDs you've been fighting were doing it wrong. I have two special buttons, L and B. Mashing both along with up has never worked for escaping in tournaments I've been in.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
how do you cancel Woi???
I'm not sure what you mean specifically. If you mean if you are skimming the ground with WoI, you tilt the analog upward so that you fly a tiny bit upward and then you immediately use Dair so that you land on the ground and stop your rise.

If you mean by air, you use any aerial...

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i meant divebomb to wingland sorry bout my wording i didn't know the correct terms!

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Does Pit have any guaranteed grab releases? I noticed that other boards are exploring their character now that the grab releases discovered for Bowser have made him viable against Meta Knight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont think Pit has any grab releases. The only thing he has is the F-throw chaingrab which mainly works on large heavy chars.

subu

Smash Rookie
How do you Glideshift with Pit?
For the wii remote and nunchuck together

That in advance

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you know how to Glideshift, if you know how to glide, and if you know what button performs the Fastfall, then you'll know how to do the glideshift with the wiimote and nunchuck

Echoes7

Smash Rookie
What makes or breaks a pit player?

Also what MUST I know to be or get good with Pit?

Also whos the good pits so I knwo who to watch on youtube

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Most of the time I let them come to me but, SHFair is great too, and I only like to use Nair on the taller or bigger members of the cast, Bair is nice if they are at high %'s as people don't like a kill move being thrown out at them. Some run in and wingdash out, I don't but it allows you to have them attack then punish, Gair isn't bad if you mix it with ^tilt. It all depends on whats going on. But if you have to approch I normally do Fair.

Top Bottom